It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stop snitching': Flyers posted on shooting estate warn residents not to help police with murder i

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Caw there is some twaddle being written here

First if you are a witness to a crime and do not report it not only do you become an accessory after the fact you also condone the crime.

The police never killed the kid in Peckham, gangsters did. The police are not grieving his death, his family and friends are.

Those that remain live in fear and keeping your mouth shout maintains the status quo and ensures this will not be the last death.

The biggest lot of twaddle. The police are hired killers? Again these crimes are mainly black on black and drug related. Why are you targeting the police for your hatred and not the actual killers of this young person?

Prejudice comes in many flavours and I can see a lot of it in this thread. If you choose to see something/somebody as evil and disregard any good from them only to concentrate on their failings that is what you will see and that is how you will react towards them. When you interact with them because of your attitude you will receive the response that re enforces your prejudices.

To be honest I will admit that the main job of the police is to guard the property of the rich but the majority of officers try to do a good job within the community but some here choose to ignore that fact or put hidden agendas to it.

So instead of siding with those actually doing the murders you can do something that will benefit yourself, your family and friends.

Change yourself, change your attitude and then change your environment.
Maintain your hatreds and all I can see is a very dark, very unhappy and short future.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Yes there have always been corrupt cops but are they in the minority or the majority? Unless we make this distinction we are going into errors of logic. The police are desparatley trying to raise crime clear up rates from the current abysmal level. So any help they get may work in the victims favour.

The youth clubs had a strict drug free policy for which the police would agree unofficially to keep out. This led to daily attempts to smoke and snort in the you club. Of course liberal me suggested that they join the legalised cannabis campaign. Of course no one did!

THese thugs committed crimes to by drugs. Your middle class professionals did not.

I have no interest in defending street thugs. I am saying there is a significant minority of police officers who commit substantial levels of criminality with the majority of officers keeping their mouths shut.

Based on that point, agreeing to be a snitch for the police is suicide. If the local thugs don't figure out who the snitch is a spiteful police officer upto some devilry will drop the cat amongst the dogs.

Unlike you, I do not differentiate between a coke snorting professional and a weed smoking juvenile delinquent; they are both committing criminal acts.

Bottom line is don't snitch, the cops will fXck you for the sport of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Snitching is something school kids do

Murder is what gansters do.

There are many ways to pass info to the police anonymously. Heres a link I found in seconds.

www.crimestoppers-uk.org...

Perhaps I could change your last line

Dont snitch, condem some else to a violent, pointless death even your own.

link   
reply to post by colin42

The biggest lot of twaddle. The police are hired killers? Again these crimes are mainly black on black and drug related. Why are you targeting the police for your hatred and not the actual killers of this young person?

The police run these killers and drug dealers. A drug dealer does not become a big shot without paying protection money to the police. The police protected the killers of Stephen Lawrence because their gangster parents paid off the investigating detectives.

Bottom line is, do not trust the police and have nothing to do with them. It doesn't matter who you are; you can be an idiot teenager messing around, a university student exercising your civil rights to demonstrate, an environmentalist, a photographer or an ethnic minority.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: typo

link   
reply to post by colin42

Thank you for your input here, it is much appreciated and was much needed.

The level of corruption of any police force is unfortunately what this thread has become about, when it really is about 'snitching.'
Any one who advocates for a witness of a crime to not cooperate with the police should hope that they are never in the victims shoes. I do not think that anybody who has spoke out in this thread would be spouting the same thing should this line of reasoning ever worked against them.

I say again, I want to hear you say the same thing when there are witnesses of a loved one's rape that decide to not cooperate with the police, because a minority of them may be corrupt.
Then I will take them seriously.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Gunman Raoul Moat 'was a police informant for years'

Gunman Raoul Moat acted as police informant for years, it was claimed last night.

The killer, who shot innocent PC David Rathband and had vowed to murder other officers, had spent years handing information to police.

And it is believed that his relationship with the police had enabled him to avoid jail despite a string of arrests for violence, including conspiracy to murder.

The claim was made yesterday by his former friend Brian Moulding who learnt Moat was feeding information to the law when he gave evidence to help police prosecute him.

Mr Moulding, 29, of Newcastle, told the Mirror: 'I have evidence that proves he was a police informer. I learnt he was an informant because it was referred to in
the legal papers in my case.

'I often wondered why he constantly seemed to escape justice whenever he ended up before the courts and that’s when I realised.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ce3a7523432.jpg[/atsimg]

There are plenty of these professional snitches owned by the police who give them immunity from arrest. These criminals make a living from snitching and get away with committing crimes.

Moat was a long time police informer, had a dispute with the police and it was probably over money as gangs normally do and the police proceeded to take his life apart and hound him with stalking campaigns and arrests until he went postal and started killing people.

Do not snitch and save your life.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Thanks

I work daily in Peckham, Brixton, Loughborough Junction and The Elephant and Castle and have firsthand knowledge of the areas and the people.

The picture being painted here by a few is so far skewed the only explanation is that of perception.

Yes our society has a lot of failings but a police force consisting of mainly murderous thugs is not one of them.

Does the targets based system the police have had forced upon them work? No because their true job is crime prevention. Does our government allow the to police effectively, hardly.

Can they operate with a non co-operative public, not a chance.

No I am not a copper. I am active within a trade union as I made a choice not to be a victim and work for the betterment of myself, my family and workmates.

I know from personal experience that resentments and hatreds do nothing but erect barriers built by yourself that stops you achieving your goals. It also allows others to dismiss your attempts at change.

I feel for the boy that has had his future stolen from him. His family left grieving and the community in fear.

This thread astonishes me as the victim, the crime and the criminals that committed it are ignored whilst bile and hatred is being hurled at the police

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Be a snitch and the coppers might just make you into a mall shooter.

Or choose life and stay the hell away from them.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
reply to post by colin42

The police run these killers and drug dealers. A drug dealer does not become a big shot without paying protection money to the police. The police protected the killers of Stephen Lawrence because their gangster parents paid off the investigating detectives.

Bottom line is, do not trust the police and have nothing to do with them. It doesn't matter who you are; you can be an idiot teenager messing around, a university student exercising your civil rights to demonstrate, an environmentalist, a photographer or an ethnic minority.

By standing back you allow the killers and drug dealers to operate.

Steven Lawrence was a long time ago, a lot has changed for the better since then even if you do not wish to accept that.

But you keep concentrating on the negative, it excuses you from trying to achieve real change.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Or, take the paranoid-yet-not-crazy initiative and do all your tipping off anonymously, via a website, an unmarked envelope, or a public phone booth.

Or would you rather see a repeat of Kitty Genovese?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Snitches get stitches.

Schoolboy rubbish.

You can live in fear of the cops, or live in fear of the criminals.

If you choose to keep your mouth shut after witnessing a crime, you get to live in fear of both.

One will intimidate you to keep quiet, the other will prosecute you for withholding information.

The question is this: who has your best interests in mind: the cop on the beat or the guy breaking into houses for drug money? Think any of them give a rats about you, once they know you'll keep your mouth shut?

There's a lot of different kinds of sheep.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

By standing back you allow the killers and drug dealers to operate.

No I do not allow anyone to get away with anything; the police do with their criminal snitches. Their one off snitches are ultimately sacrificed for fun.

Steven Lawrence was a long time ago, a lot has changed for the better since then even if you do not wish to accept that.

Steven Lawrence would have been in his late thirties today and it was a classic example of bent police excess. Did you know they tried to pass it off as a drug deal gone wrong until it was pointed out that Stephen was a good young man going to university to study architecture.

But you keep concentrating on the negative, it excuses you from trying to achieve real change.

You wot mate? It is negative to you because you are a police shill. And that last comment about "change", what the heck kind of dross is that?

What is this "change" you are vaguely putting forward? Is it some kind of codswallop sup?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
If I see some body car stealing. If I see somebody killed. If I see some body raped. If I see somebody shop lifting. [color=#FF0000]You bet I am going to call down the law!! These crimes effect everyone in the community. [color=#66FFFF]It is MY BUSINESS when I live in a community that is being victimized by GANG TARDS.

Just the other day I stayed up all night long to catch a couple of punks that were tagging up the neighborhood. I chased them up and down the street hoping to find out where they lived. I hope they had a good time causing several thousand dollars worth of damage that must be cleaned up by those who are more responsible than they. I will have a good time putting 44 caliber holes in their buttocks if I ever see them with a paint can in their hands near where I live.

I agree with you.

Sadly after reading this thread I feel we will have more people here like JLL who was a member here who we will hear about soon enough.

ATS seems to be attracting more people in the same boat as him.

Raist

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
"Street thugs" sometimes get a way worse wrap than they should, imo. We all grow up in differant situations. Some people are born into riches like Paris Hilton, others have 6 siblings, no father, and a working mom in the ghetto. Selling drugs, buying drugs, I would not snitch on that. You dont know why someone is dealing. They could be 15, poor, hungry, trying to support their family. Yeah there are 30 year olds that do it, but again, you do not know their backround. They could have been that 15 year old who had to join a gang because your hood was full of violence, and you need protection and money (slanging) Now, not defending every 'thug' but for many its hard to get out of the life once you enter it.

Tupacs song changes
"And I see no changes, cant a brother get a little peace?
There's war in the streets and war in the Middle East.
Instead of a war on poverty, got a war on drugs so the police can target me.
And I aint never did a crime I aint have to do, but now I'm back with the facts giving em back to to"

Yeah I know Tupac talked a lot about 'murder, thug life, money, at first.. his later albums started to get away from "thug life" and more positive stuff

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Some grow up poor with an abusive alcoholic parent with a grandparent who was an alcoholic that took their own life. These same people look at what is going on around them and decide to make a difference by changing the path their family is on.

Those same people grow to become something that people never thought they could because of their past. People can make their own life what it is. Everyone has a chance it is about caring more about putting your community first and self second. Those who commit crime because they are "trapped" in the life are focusing on self before community.

Crime hurts the community and helps self. Doing what one can to make life better for the community helps not only others but themselves as well.

Personal responsibility is a thing that goes a long way but was been brushed aside by a feeling of entitlement.

Raist

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
reply to post by colin42

You wot mate? It is negative to you because you are a police shill. And that last comment about "change", what the heck kind of dross is that?

What is this "change" you are vaguely putting forward? Is it some kind of codswallop sup?

I think everyone here understood that, its a shame you did not. You are taking this member's effort at voicing his opinion and spinning it into name calling.....police shill....really? Didnt we all get the memo about manners and decorum on the boards? You seriously derail your own post in your own thread by name calling.

The change that everyone wants is for less police corruption and less crime on the streets. That is change. If we continue making the police jobs harder, and by our own inaction helping the criminals succeed, it will only increase the amount of police corruption and criminal activity. That is fact. The more crime, the more police force needed, the more corruption takes place, the more crime....its a never ending circle, and has been seen throughout history. Please, as members of the human race may we learn from past mistakes lest we are to repeat them,. And unfortunately it looks like many of us are.

Become an upstanding citizen, Do your part to help the betterment of society. Lend a helping hand. By turning a blind eye to life's probelms, you are simply stoking the fire.

That is the change.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Exactly, some people like to blame the police over one bad experience even if the police at the time had made an honest mistake. After all, they're human just like the rest of us.

"Snitching" on criminalality is something that helps everyone. You saw something the night someone disappeared? Let the police know, you may have just stopped a serial killer before he could claim a second victim.

Spotted suspicious activity on a street corner? You might have prevented a teen from following a path of crime and drugs.

Just because we're on a website that allows us all to think outside of the box on government agendas, doesn't give anybody the right to lay blame and insults at the police for basically doing their job and protecting us from those who wish to do people harm outwardly by stealing from us, mugging us etc.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
double post
edit on 14-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: deleting redundancy

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Star for you my friend.

I find that there are alot of members who hold the opinion opposing what you and I (and a few others) have been saying here. Given some recent events, the opinons expressed in this thread are what most people would expect to see if they only just heard about ATS in the media. Thank you for sharing that with us.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This youth trend sickens me.
It was only three years ago, I was in highschool in the Greater Toronto Area, where our male washrooms and light poles around town were riddled with this stupid slogan.

It actually has gotten around to alot of my youthful friends. Especially those who don't like the government.
But the truth of the matter is... A TRUE COMMUNITY COMMUNICATES...

My peers believe they have the ability to solve their own problems...Naive.
I often bring up the fact.. WE PAY TAXES SO THESE PEOPLE WALK THE STREETS. Why not put em to work on your problems.

Don't get it wrong I have my issues with the police force and their lack of effort towards destroying and preventing gang activity, but we are all entitled and obligated to speak up when the matter calls for it...

If I see a young teen steal a chocolate bar from the gas station- I probably wouldn't rush to my cell phone with 911.

However, if I ever saw someone stabbed/beaten/shot/raped/jumped/ I would forsure with out a doubt call the authorities. I would even try physical intervention if I saw an optimistic oppurtunity.

Hmm... Should I listen to the thugs with the iq of a fridge temprature or should I listen to the elites who don't have a use for an IQ because everything is planned.

Sorry but in my eyes police will always become before the thugs and gangs...
Personally I think gangs are the real terrorists and more so guilty of treason.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join