It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stop snitching': Flyers posted on shooting estate warn residents not to help police with murder i

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I understand that there are problems with many police, etc. But this STOP SNITCHING crap is wrong! Take a look at the site, and the graphic posted in this thread. "REMEMBER THE POLICE ARE NOT YOU FRIEND"? "Decived" instead of "deceived". This appears to me to simply be a bunch of punks trying to keep from being caught for breaking the law.

What I see around here in PA, is mostly a bunch of people who think they "shouldn't" be arrested for the choices they make...but in reality, they are breaking the law. And if they decided to make the choice, then it is their responsibility to do the time...if and when they are caught. Whining about it after the fact is simply being a pu$$y. I say, snitch on every crime that hurts another person or the community, and get the punks locked up and out of the picture. Then maybe we will find out that "THE POLICE ARE YOU FRIEND".

PS: Learn to speak (and write) English correctly.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Although I am not an advocate of no snitching I think both sides of the law are practicing that rule. Police are hypocrites to tell people to snitch while they are practicing the don't snitch on a fellow officer. Never practice a do as I say and not as I do because it hurts your credibility.

Let me ask you guys this, when was the last time that an officer came right out and ratted out another officer? Don't give me cases where the information was leaked before an officer got suspended with pay. The fact is that many officers are practicing that same rule they are speaking against and it isn't fair to everyone.

If you want people to snitch than officers have to start snitching as well. Otherwise don't tell people to snitch while telling your subordinates to hush.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Although I am not an advocate of no snitching I think both sides of the law are practicing that rule. Police are hypocrites to tell people to snitch while they are practicing the don't snitch on a fellow officer. Never practice a do as I say and not as I do because it hurts your credibility.

Let me ask you guys this, when was the last time that an officer came right out and ratted out another officer? Don't give me cases where the information was leaked before an officer got suspended with pay. The fact is that many officers are practicing that same rule they are speaking against and it isn't fair to everyone.

If you want people to snitch than officers have to start snitching as well. Otherwise don't tell people to snitch while telling your subordinates to hush.

So crime victims shouldn't come forward because there are corrupt cops? So witnesses of crimes should mind their own business when they could possibly help someone? Wow, our society is getting worse and worse.

I just think it's wrong to compare.
edit on 16-1-2011 by KEMIK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
With all the comments of police corruption, we still need to address the one basic fact presented here.
If you witness a crime, should it be reported or should the perpetrater of said crime be allowed to continue committing crimes.

If you witness a rape would you keep your mouth shut?
If you witness a murder, would yu keep your mouth shut?
If you witness shoplifting would you keep your mouth shut?
If you witness auto theft, would you keep your mouth shut?

Different level crimes so we can see where the line should be drawn.

Then imagine you were the victim, or a loved one.
If your daughter was raped, and there was a witness, would you want them to keep their mouth shut?
Extarpolate this formula as far as you need to.

Yes. The problem is - who do you report to?
Surely not police, because very likely they are the ones raping your daughter, murdering your friend, sealing your car.

Police is tied up into criminal world, abuse their power and drug, murder, rape all over the world, in each and every country and people don't care about it.

Me neither, to be honest. It is too big for me to care about it.

I do not bother reporting crimes done to me for last 10 years.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I asked earlier about the motivations or identity of the website stopsnitching.info. Many in the thread are too busy talking BS to even think who's behind the leaflets. 'Snitches get stitches?' Victims get stitches too, but they should just walk away, huh?

Back to the website and it's interesting stuff. Whoever's set it up has made some effort to cover their tracks. It's registered in South America and operating out of a possibly Spanish IP.

Domain ID: D36276607-LRMS
Domain Name:STOPSNITCHING.INFO
Created On:09-Jan-2011 01:32:05 UTC
Last Updated On:09-Jan-2011 10:35:45 UTC
Expiration Date:09-Jan-2012 01:32:05 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com Inc. (R171-LRMS)
Registrant ID:CR72093354
Registrant Name:Five San Inc
Registrant Organization:Five San Inc
Registrant Street1:21 Regent Street
Registrant Street2: P.O. Box 364
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Belize City
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code:1000
Registrant Country:BZ
Registrant Phone:+501.5012277018
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]
www.whois.net...

The location of the registrant is...

Offshore Corporate Services | 21 Regent Street, 2nd Floor, Belize City, Belize | Tel:501 227 2567 | Fax: 501 227 7018 Unconfirmed
Belize Services: off-shore providers

Their current IP address is 97.74.215.141 and traces back to a secure server in the USA although this site suggests Spain.

Instead of comparing stories about who hates the police more (Andy always wins), isn't it interesting that a website involved in a London estate leaflet drop isn't based in the UK? If they aren't based in the area, why are they getting involved? Why are they seeking to suppress a police investigation into the murder of kids? I'm guessing it's to 'stir the pot' and create more tension in the area, particularly against the police. The guy who printed the leaflets could be local...so what's his connection to the website? Why does he offer to be a channel for people to approach about the killings?

edit on 16-1-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by C21H30O2I

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
If you witness a rape would you keep your mouth shut?
If you witness a murder, would yu keep your mouth shut?
If you witness shoplifting would you keep your mouth shut?
If you witness auto theft, would you keep your mouth shut?

All of the above, I would keep my mouth shut!! Where I come from, You keep your mouth shut.
That's their business, Not mine. If I witnesses it, I'd help. As for the question always posed, Would you want someone to
snitch to the police, If one of your loved ones was getting raped or murdered, No! I'd rather you,
jumped in and help or snitch to me! Not the proper authorities.

I see you have a vested interest in the brain dead 'dont snitch' campaing given that your avatar is 'a cannabis grower'

So you speak as someone that should fear snitching for all the right reasons

Edit
Its about freedom. The freedom to live without fear. With freedom comes responsibility which 'dont snitch' excuses those that follow it and as a consequence gives up their freedom.

Andy, do you agree then that the police, per your view were correct not to snitch on the copper that killed the G20 protester?

edit on 16-1-2011 by colin42 because: added a comment

edit on 16-1-2011 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Some more details on the site. The IP traces back to Scottsdale, Arizona...map.

The site promises that it won't retain IP details or logs, but is paying at least £5.60 a month for the services of...www.onestat.co.uk...

Professional web analytics software to track your web site, unique visitors, visitor behavior,
www.onestat.co.uk...

Here's the source code that confirms it....

DELETED BY ME

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I think I've worked out what's behind the website. I think it's probably run by someone connected to the Pelican Estate gang-scene. It's there (and the leaflets) as a deterrent to scare people from talking to the police and also acts as a 'honey trap' to find out what people know. If they're lucky they get to know the names of informants and people connected to the Trident team. At the least, their subscription to onestat demonstrates that the site is designed to deceive any visitors and log details...

They've bought the cheapest website they can get (.info are cheap) and registered it using the name and details of a company in Belize. Through Go Daddy, they've paid a two year deal for the domain...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f46678afbe1.jpg[/atsimg]

To test if this is possible, I went through the same process and used a Belize company for my details and the same 'zip code' as the stopsnitching guys...1000.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50d3fff5a1df.jpg[/atsimg]

Altogether, this site has cost them about £35. The leaflets are anyone's guess, but every city has printers who don't ask questions and some rely on the black economy. Flyposters and rave flyers come from somewhere. If the police tried to trace them through the payment method, they'd likely find the payment was from a stolen credit card.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Whilst I'd love to run down the 'The Line'* concept with Marbella or many of the offshoots which now exist in South America so far it seems that everything is contained within the GoDaddy network.

It does seem like there is a local pressure which the leaflet is a reminder of - be it for good or bad. The snitching seems to be about something which must be known by enough of the locals to support a leaflet campaign.

There's plenty more to look at in and on the site itself.

A decent mystery for once. More to follow.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Kandinsky

I think I've worked out what's behind the website. I think it's probably run by someone connected to the Pelican Estate gang-scene. It's there (and the leaflets) as a deterrent to scare people from talking to the police and also acts as a 'honey trap' to find out what people know. If they're lucky they get to know the names of informants and people connected to the Trident team. At the least, their subscription to onestat demonstrates that the site is designed to deceive any visitors and log details...

They've bought the cheapest website they can get (.info are cheap) and registered it using the name and details of a company in Belize. Through Go Daddy, they've paid a two year deal for the domain...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f46678afbe1.jpg[/atsimg]

To test if this is possible, I went through the same process and used a Belize company for my details and the same 'zip code' as the stopsnitching guys...1000.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50d3fff5a1df.jpg[/atsimg]

Altogether, this site has cost them about £35. The leaflets are anyone's guess, but every city has printers who don't ask questions and some rely on the black economy. Flyposters and rave flyers come from somewhere. If the police tried to trace them through the payment method, they'd likely find the payment was from a stolen credit card.

All very good but how did you connect the website with the Pelican Estate gang-scene. If the payment was made through a stolen credit card, why would the limit themselves to the cheapest? I would suggest that the ".info" suffix was selected because it was apt. You are clearly making a value judgment in your analysis therefore you have discredited your own efforts.

I would like to add that Belize has a UK military base, was the former colony of British Honduras, the secretive Belize banking system is used by UK billionaires and the security services. It is equally likely that the leaflets might be some kind of dirty tricks campaign against internet freedom. We didn't the don't snitch campaigners use a Russian register and website, no one in the West could have shut it down.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think Kandy's JavaScript quote borked the boards here - I can't see any posts (including my own) beyond it.

Might need a few bumps friends to tick us over to page 9.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Is that better? I deleted some of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Yeah because it's way more likely to be backed by overseas billionaires and security forces than a gang culture looking to protect their business.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thanks for deleting that Kandinsky, works a treat now.

I've looked into the video on the site which is a video from LimitlessVids a very small, amateur label outfit run by a 'Vick Vyas' from London which hopes to promote itself as a proper music production house. They don't have a website yet just a couple of social networking nodes like their Twitter and their Facebook fan page.

Here's the track here:

In actual fact they are paying homage to a US Rap label campaign of the same name 'Stop Snitchin'' from 2004 (now disbanded) which made big headlines across the states.

The original 'Stop Snitchin'' campaign was direct action partly due to the Rampart Scandal which occurred in East LA from the specially created C.R.A.S.H. team the police had set up to work as an anti-gang measurement. Many of the officers involved became corrupt and misconduct and abuse of power became rife - eventually helping to fan the fires of the large LA riots which occurred in 1992. This type of behaviour was noted as occurring all over America and 'Snitches' were seen as disloyal and treacherous people to know or be seen around.

A 'Snitch' isn't a member of the public who raises just concerns with the police - rather they are someone who plea bargains the knowledge they have for benefits for themselves.

So an interesting parallel with disenfranchised youths in a North London estate feeling pressure from the police and using creative means to express themselves. I hope they do well as they have done a sterling job of using existing and proven methods of raising awareness and have made the national papers as well as ATS.

So in short, not a big bad which hopes to destroy our liberties - rather a group who feel they don't get a chance to state their case and are taking measures to make sure it gets out regardless.

A nice piece of research nonetheless and an interesting outcome.

I may be wrong of course and so any and all thoughts and opinions are welcome.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Nice one m0r. I think it's possible there are two birds being killed with one stone here, but the music's good.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Instead of comparing stories about who hates the police more (Andy always wins), isn't it interesting that a website involved in a London estate leaflet drop isn't based in the UK? If they aren't based in the area, why are they getting involved? Why are they seeking to suppress a police investigation into the murder of kids? I'm guessing it's to 'stir the pot' and create more tension in the area, particularly against the police. The guy who printed the leaflets could be local...so what's his connection to the website? Why does he offer to be a channel for people to approach about the killings?

Do you think that its the website that is dropping the leaflets, or do you think its the perpretrators simply using the website to their advantage?

I dont think that the perp is necessarily the same the creator of the website, or at least doesnt have to be.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yeah because it's way more likely to be backed by overseas billionaires and security forces than a gang culture looking to protect their business.

Not really. Those are your comments. You are the one that extrapolated preposterous assertions from a silly whois search. Man you made a meal of it.

With your Belize this and Belize that "investigation" you made it seem like the leaflet makers were trying to escape the reach of the state when I showed that Belize is in fact a British vassal state.

boogey woogey to you.
edit on 16-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I agree (thats right we can agree once in awhile here
)

The whois data can be a useful tool in alot of cases, but this really isnt one of them.
Alot of work went into compiling it, and Kandy deserves credit for that effort, but I'm afraid its all for naught here.

And by the way, let me apologize if I came across rude at any point in time in this thread, unfortunately I can be quite the tool most of the time (which my wife is always fond of pointing out haha).

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

You are alright mate, you haven't been rude at all.

You are entitled to be assertive and forthright.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Not really. Those are your comments. You are the one that extrapolated preposterous assertions from a silly whois search. Man you made a meal of it

I made an effort to source the website and leaflets whereas you've gone down the route of attacking the police in post after post. Your middle-class BS is obvious in your references to 'inner city youth,' and 'ethnics.' Who says 'ethnics' these days? Have you tried using that word in mixed company?

What I've posted about the website stands, hoaxed registrant and US web provider. Since the video has been added to the site, it doesn't rule out any of my suggestions or questions. If it's just promotional, it doesn't bother me at all to be wrong.

It's a good video and great track, you should watch it. It's about as close as you're likely to come to 'inner city youth.' If you wait until the end, there's a police car...that's about as much experience as you've ever had there too.

'Ethnics?'

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join