It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun control: Catholic Church Firmly, Quietly Opposes Firearms For Civilians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Gun control: Catholic Church Firmly, Quietly Opposes Firearms For Civilians

www.catholicnews.com

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- The Catholic Church's position on gun control is not easy to find; there are dozens of speeches and talks and a few documents that call for much tighter regulation of the global arms trade, but what about private gun ownership?

The answer is resoundingly clear: Firearms in the hands of civilians should be strictly limited and eventually completely eliminated.

But you won't find that statement in a headline or a document subheading. It's almost hidden in a footnote in a document on crime by the U.S. bishops' conference and it's mentioned in passing in dozens of
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related Above Top Secret Thread : The Vatican Emerges From Wikileaks As A Key Player On The Global Scene

edit on 14-1-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well this is news you wont see in the headlines.

There is a very concerted effort here, fits like a glove with the current headlines, the current Gun Control propaganda which is shaping up to be a very real threat.

However, armed defense is something appropriate for nations, not for all individual citizens in a state where rule of law is effective, said Di Ruzza.

The more weapons there are in circulation, the more likely terrorists and criminals will get their hands on them, the document said.

Is it not suspicious that this release follows in the heals of one of the more horrific political murders ever to hit the news?

"As bishops, we support measures that control the sale and use of firearms and make them safer -- especially efforts that prevent their unsupervised use by children or anyone other than the owner -- and we reiterate our call for sensible regulation of handguns."

That's followed by a footnote that states: "However, we believe that in the long run and with few exceptions -- i.e. police officers, military use -- handguns should be eliminated from our society."

So again, we have The Vatican, involved heavily in leading The Arms Trade discourse on the political scene.

And to remove your freedom of gun ownership.

Related Above Top Secret Thread : The Vatican Emerges From Wikileaks As A Key Player On The Global Scene

www.catholicnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
When every body of power and control is pushing civilian disarmament you know it's the wrong thing to do.

The same guy that takes from your paycheck at gunpoint, the same guy that promises eternal damnation of your soul, the same guy(s) who slaughter villagers and poison water supplies are saying "we dont think you should be able to arm yourselves" and people agree? C'mon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If gun control works so effectively, why are the most dangerous cities in the US also the ones with the most stringent gun control?

Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Certianly seems like a concerted effort with the leading headlines today.
Where on Gods green earth does the Catholic Church find its authority to have on opinion
on civilian gun ownership? Oh thats right, its actually The Vatican dicatating to The Chruch its agenda.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The Vatican had their chance to lead mankind but had screwed it for centuries, with continued enslavement by them and sanctioned by them. May our Catholic brothers and sisters wake up.

This is not a religious issue, but a human right issue,for amongst us, sadly, wolves in sheepskin still rule, and thus a need for a few strong humans like Queen Elizabeth the First and the founding fathers of the sacred US Constitution to stand up, and had stood up for humanity for future generations that we are and us to stand up for our future and future generations from further enslavement and tyranny.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Those who know they may end up in the sights of those privately owned firearms would ,of course want them to be unavailable to private owners.

Killing another with a firearm is the absolute last resort,but there are those who deserve to be intimidated by the fact that some may have weapons to use in retaliation for the dirty little acts they commit.

Gun control is desired by those who know they deserve to be targeted.

I guess...........

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I don't interfere in their business,
The had better stay out of mine.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Edit to add, yes
on your emphasis that it is a last resort.
Of course that is what we hope never happens.

The reasoning they use is a trap of sorts that they want us to fall into.
Our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms is protected at the state and local government levels.

The U.S. Supreme Court just ruled on this about six months ago.
www.louisianasportsman.com...

We do not need any other "reason"

“The right to bear arms is a fundamental right of all Americans, and with this decision the Supreme Court has affirmed the applicability of this basic right regardless of location. This ruling is a victory for freedom, the Constitution and for all Americans,” Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation President Jeff Crane said.

edit on 14-1-2011 by burntheships because: clarification

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is the part that made me chuckle...

"There is a sort of natural right to defend the common interest and the common good, and in 1791 (when the United States passed the Second Amendment), my right to have a weapon served the common good because there wasn't an army; the democratic institutions were young and a little fragile, and I could have been useful in a time of war as a soldier," said Di Ruzza.

But once a nation has a functioning army, police force and court system, "do I still serve the common good with my gun or do I put it at even greater danger?" and promote a lawless kind of "street justice where if you steal my car, I shoot you," he asked.

Right, that's how we do things around here. Last time I checked the laws in my state, shooting someone over property theft is illegal. Meh, I think the church should keep their thoughts on gun control inside the building and out of the public arena.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Oh thanks for digging that out.

Thats a real gem!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh no! What did you guys do to upset Rome's High Priest this time?

The truth of it all is the only way a one world government can be implemented is if the Americans can be disarmed.

There are two ways to do it, one is through a voluntary process that they have managed to achieve in most other nations.

The other is through a violent process of getting Americans to use guns against government officials and threatening the rule of law.

I can't think of a reason why an American wouldn't love our government as when it comes to the humor and non-stop drama of the world's most corrupt and entrenched body of prollific liars, and manipulators these guys know no bounds!

I know I anxiously look forward each day to what freedom robbing and intrusive law or policy they are going to impliment next, what the next thing they will do to get us to fear, loathe and distrust one another, and what epic dissapointment is going to be done next by one guy, that 1/3 of the population will blame on another 1/3 of the population for picking their liar and manipulator, instead of the one they wanted to screw us over instead.

While another 1/3 is so desperate to just figure out how to get a meal on the table that night, discovering what demeaning process they have to go through for a scarce menial paying job, or government hand out never ceases to entertain too.

To tell you the truth, our government is so darn entertaining it's no wonder Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey's Circus doesn't even try to compete with them anymore!

So since none of us obviously have any cause to challenge the government that loves to challenge us, I highly suggest following the kindly pontiffs request and surrender your guns and heck why not, just because you are never going to be happy, is no good reason not to make him happy.

Thanks, as always Rome appreciates you accepting the ever shifting conditions it forces you to live under.

edit on 14/1/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by DelMar

It's becoming quite apparent that despite all attempts at education anti-gun people believe that the mere existence of a gun permits the owner to murder and rampage and fire in all directions willy-nilly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me in the least bit . I've had reasonable suspicion of this for years .

What really sucks , with everything else that has been going on as of late , is that once again , a tradegy will have been been used as the catalyst for further legislation implementing restrictions upon liberties .

The Vatican is probably the oldest organized institution on planet earth , it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that they would have their fingers in the pies of everything that shapes this planet .

Look out , here come the catholic votes ...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
This is the part that made me chuckle...

"There is a sort of natural right to defend the common interest and the common good, and in 1791 (when the United States passed the Second Amendment), my right to have a weapon served the common good because there wasn't an army; the democratic institutions were young and a little fragile, and I could have been useful in a time of war as a soldier," said Di Ruzza.

But once a nation has a functioning army, police force and court system, "do I still serve the common good with my gun or do I put it at even greater danger?" and promote a lawless kind of "street justice where if you steal my car, I shoot you," he asked.

Right, that's how we do things around here. Last time I checked the laws in my state, shooting someone over property theft is illegal. Meh, I think the church should keep their thoughts on gun control inside the building and out of the public arena.

Thanks for that qoute Delmar, that came from a poor ill inform human showing his/her IQ that of room temperature. May he/she be exiled to live in dictatorships such as Burma, and I'll bet he/she will be singing a different tune for sure!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I know I anxiously look forward each day to what freedom robbing and intrusive law or policy they are going to impliment next, what the next thing they will do to get us to fear, loathe and distrust one another, and what epic dissapointment is going to be done next by one guy, that 1/3 of the population will blame on another 1/3 of the population for picking their liar and manipulator, instead of the one they wanted to screw us over instead.

Its a sure and steady steam as of late is it not?

And here I thought they were on a mission for peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

And here I thought they were on a mission for peace.

They are , but you spelled it wrong .

Correct spelling is p-i-e-c-e , as in bigger piece .

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I don't interfere in their business,
The had better stay out of mine.

my sentiments exactly.

and as someone else stated:
Gun control is not about guns,
it's about control.

But hey, if the vatican wants our guns, I say
THEM FIRST !!!

It is not the poops place to dictate laws
of governance, nor any other religious sect.

IMO, they are scared of a population that
is waking up and want them disarmed
before they can foil their corrupt hierarchy.

Since the poop wants to take away our guns,
maybe he should open up all of the secret
vatican library for inspection so we can examine
all the atrocities from the Catholic Church
for the past millenniums.

Or better yet, let's post every single secret
vatican library document on the web for
all to see.

It's time for the secrets to no longer be secret.
And then ask if we want to give up our guns.

Next in line >>>>>>>
The Federal Reserve

the days of keeping secrets are coming
to an end. And the cock roaches are running
scared.

very nice find OP
S&F

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The church is against guns in the hands of civilians but that doesn't mean Catholic civilians are against guns because the church says it is wrong. The church's logic on this is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Civilian's shouldn't have firepower but police and military could. This is supposed to spread peace or oppression?

The Vatican is politics first than religion second.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Equinox99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Firearms in the hands of civilians should be strictly limited and eventually completely eliminated.

I despire firearms with a passion, so I appreciate the call for stricter regulation, but... to completely eliminate them? How do they even hope to accomplish that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join