It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls, engagement rings, do you care about the size?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kimkim3074

Run far away.

I think its a sure sign of shallowness to care about the size, if you mean carat, of a ring. Yes a lot of women compare. It is almost like penis size among men.
Some women even think that the size indicates love.
I don't like diamonds, I would never want a diamond. Jewelry only has the value you give it and serves no other purpose.They come with too much blood and pain on them.
I got a 65$ emerald ring off the boardwalk.
Love isn't measured in carats.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I knew this prostitute once who said if any guy proposed to her that he'd better have a BIG ring to show her or it was no deal! Not sure if she thought I wanted to marry her but I said "No thanks, lady'.
edit on 14-1-2011 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yeah the whole materialistic thing is just so stupid
but so many buy into the celebrity lifestyle and aim
so far away from where they really are and get deluded.

Pathetic. so shallow.if your in love the size of a diamond
really should not come into things.relationships are not
built on materialistic goods.

But there always will be "gold diggers" stay well clear
they will clean you out for all you have got.and some.

Is it me or have people just forgot how to find that special
person,how to fall in love or the art of attraction?
All i see is "find love.com" dating sites??
again pathetic.Text LOVE to Blah blah blah WTF?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
double post FFS

edit on 15/1/2011 by stealthyaroura because: aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Ill be honest.. I like my wedding rings and sparkly things.
My husband picked them out and I have a 1/2 kt solitaire... the thought of complaining about the size o fthe diamond was somehting that really never occurred to me. I cant imagine that this is a process in any normal woman's mind. I cant imagine what kind of woman would be so crappy to tell a guy the rock is not big enough.... incredibly low class IMO. I never thought about the size of it when he gave it to me.. I was too embarrassed. The goof decided to propose to me in the middle of a mexican restaurant with a sombrero on his head.... so I was too freaked out to really look at the ring initially. My dear husband has a sense of romanticism I apparently dont have.. it was where we went on our first date. He added the sombrero I guess to clue me in on what would follow throughout our marriage.. periods of insanity and laughter.

OP, I agree with the others though... I really cant imagine anything good coming of being with a woman who would behave that way. When you love someone in a way that would point to a lifetime loving commitment, it realluy has NOTHING todo with what you can get out of the other or what the other demands of you. In all seriousness.. if my husband had gotten me a speck Id have married him and loved him as I do now. Hell, I didnt want to get married and told him Id live with him forever... HE was the one that wanted marriage! I took some convincing.
OP consider that if you buy a car, it wont be enough. if you buy a house, it wont be enough. A woman wanting more and more over what you are offering is a very bad trait that you should be happy she exposed before you married her.

Here's some unsolicited advise coming from a woman who has been married for a LONG time and been IN love the entire time: Be yourself... if it isnt good enough move on. If you bicker now, move on. If she is an attention whore who demands everyones attention and isnt content with just your attention alone.....run like hell.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
i bought my ex an engagement ring worth £30 quid, she was over th moon with it!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Sizes as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there is no need for size of anything, give me a aluminum foil ring and love, and I will be happy, That's IMHO.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by inchworm
reply to post by sonjah1

I read the whole darn thread-- I still say all ladies is lookin for a big ring so they can impress all they friends, understand.

NOT TRUE.

I told my man when we talked about getting married that I didn't need a ring, anything would be fine and even if he did want to get a ring I told him it had to be like one I wear, which is a tiny little 100 dollar promise ring. It's perfect! Any woman who only cares about the ring doesn't deserve the man who wants to give it to her.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by inchworm
reply to post by sonjah1

I read the whole darn thread-- I still say all ladies is lookin for a big ring so they can impress all they friends, understand.

NOT TRUE.

I told my man when we talked about getting married that I didn't need a ring, anything would be fine and even if he did want to get a ring I told him it had to be like one I wear, which is a tiny little 100 dollar promise ring. It's perfect! Any woman who only cares about the ring doesn't deserve the man who wants to give it to her.

I here what yer sayin-- yous sound like a real nice lady
But the truth is that most every other gal wants a big ring and theres' gonna get it no matter what they do!

The honeys are always lookin for a party and if ya can buy some swanky ring to show her then she be all yours, ya see.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

edit on 16-1-2011 by LadySkadi because:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

...if you were my son, i'd suggest you drop her like a hot rock...

...btw, imo, marriage rings are the same as a critter marking its territory with urine... they're a waste of money and if i'm gonna help some guy throw his money away, i vote for vegas...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

marriage rings are the same as a critter marking its territory with urine..

I think she'd rather have the ring (hardy-har-har)

Your best new internet buddy,
Ronnie "TOUGH GUY' Williams

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well I don't care much for diamond although they're shiny and pretty I'd rather have a band with some engraving or Oh my god if my boyfriend would actually make me a ring even if its not the prettiest to one person I'd love it since he's the kind of guy who would actually try and be creative with it and it was straight from the heart. But even asking me to marry him would be from the heart so I really wouldn't care what kind of ring he'd get me as long as he actually put some thought in it and it was built to last since I'd want to be with him forever.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't think size matters. If you asked me to choose between a 12 oz Sirloin or a 6 oz Filet I'm going to pick the 6 oz Filet every time. It's about quality not the size.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join