It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a dream becomes a reality...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well I haven't had the sleep walking incidents since I was like 14 or 15. I rarely have the realistic feeling dreams, but usually they happen when I am really stressed or upset about something going on personally. I still remember the sleep walking incidents like they happened last nite though.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4it

About the ghost girl dream... Are you pregnant? You say you have children, do you have a daughter? Perhaps you desire a little girl. Perhaps there is a girl in your life that you feel needs your help.

Or did you watch anything on TV before going to bed about ghosts, or were there any cute little girls on a TV show you watched prior to going to bed?

You said you were in someone else's house. I thought i had read some where that we can only dream of things we had already seen. I don't know if thats true or not.

Who's house were you in? Have you dreamt about this house before?

I have a house or particular layout of a house that appers in a lot of my dreams but its a bit different each time. But there are specifics about the house that remain the same. I think these are features I desire in a home so I dream about them. I have never seen this house in real life before the dream so what I had read about only being capable of dreaming of things weve already seen sounds like bull to me. Maybe I've compiled different things I've seen of different houses into the house of my dreams.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by leolady

I have a house or particular layout of a house that appers in a lot of my dreams but its a bit different each time. But there are specifics about the house that remain the same. I think these are features I desire in a home so I dream about them. I have never seen this house in real life before the dream so what I had read about only being capable of dreaming of things weve already seen sounds like bull to me.

It sounds like bull to me because I have dreamt of other planets, malls that as far as I know don't even exist, and many places I have never seen in life.
As for the Thread it could happen, All growing up I have had dreams that would constantly come to be true, and like another poster said, they'd be exactly as the events happened...until I caught on and started to do things to purposely change them, so yeah they can be changed. you just have to remember the prelimaneries to the event in question, like say I have a dream, I know it is about sunday (tomorrow) because I hear something about it being sunday, I am wearing a red top, so I will wake up and put on a blue top, changes the whole outcome. A simple analogy, but these precursors can help you make the changes you want to.
Also I wanted to add that you'll still have little markers telling you that you in fact have dreamt about the event before, like the conversation or something will be exact, but the outcome that happens (like maybe you spill a glass of wine on the shirt at the culmination of the dream) will not be the outcome
edit on 15-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: wtf did my gd t's go???
& to add some more

edit on 15-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarification

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The only other dream that Ive had that has had quite the impact this had was a few months ago. I found myself in a large room just 4 walls and a table with 2 chairs in the middle. Nothing on the walls or anything thing. The room was bare white and the table and chairs were black.

At the table was a little girl sitting there maybe 2 or 3 years old. Beautiful little girl playing with a doll. I walked up to her and said "Hi, whats your name?" She said her name was Story. I asked her what she was doing there all by herself. She looked up at me with the biggest smile on her face and said "I'm waiting for you to be my daddy." Just like the dream was over.

The interesting thing is Ive got a baby boy who is 8 months old. Before we found out our baby was a boy we were convinced we were gonna have a girl and her name would have been Story.

I think perhaps that's a little more normal then the dream I started this thread about but its still the only other dream thats stuck with me.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You said you were in someone else's house. I thought i had read some where that we can only dream of things we had already seen. I don't know if thats true or not.

I take that as an indication of whether a dream is gigo, or from another source.... If it's from one's own head, then it has to be something you've already seen/heard. Otherwise...

Originally posted by leoladyI have a house or particular layout of a house that appers in a lot of my dreams but its a bit different each time. But there are specifics about the house that remain the same. I think these are features I desire in a home so I dream about them. I have never seen this house in real life before the dream so what I had read about only being capable of dreaming of things weve already seen sounds like bull to me. Maybe I've compiled different things I've seen of different houses into the house of my dreams.

There are two houses where I frequently "live" in dreams, a large white villa of the type very common here (NZ) and a very futuristic apartment building/hostel. I am right at home in either place - neither of them are places I know in real life, but in my dreams I know them as well as if they are real!
And I actually don't like either of them, and have no interest whatever in houses/decoration/renovation.
I had heard that houses represent the body!
Vicky
PS - I have had dreams that partially came real - but never one that wholly came true, thanks be to God!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I think many have shared your experience. For some it feels like deja vu and with others it feels prevoyant.

I fear that more people will begin to have this experience and much more often.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

reply to post by maybee

Yes and since you dreamt about it before it happened your dream was a premonition. So do pay attention to those dreams your having. Maybe not every dream will have meaning or come true but you must have tuned in to that ability even if you aren't aware of it yet.

What do you do with stuff like this though?? My big question is who was it that was driving the snowplow in the dream me or this person who actually committed the act?

It would be interesting to find out! Is this person your "soul mate" or maybe even a twin that was taken at birth!

I wonder if this makes you an "accessory to a crime"?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

About the ghost girl dream... Are you pregnant? You say you have children, do you have a daughter? Perhaps you desire a little girl. Perhaps there is a girl in your life that you feel needs your help.

Or did you watch anything on TV before going to bed about ghosts, or were there any cute little girls on a TV show you watched prior to going to bed?

Who's house were you in? Have you dreamt about this house before?

I have a house or particular layout of a house that appers in a lot of my dreams but its a bit different each time. But there are specifics about the house that remain the same. I think these are features I desire in a home so I dream about them. I have never seen this house in real life before the dream so what I had read about only being capable of dreaming of things weve already seen sounds like bull to me. Maybe I've compiled different things I've seen of different houses into the house of my dreams.

I have a daughter, and the little ghost girl in my dream had short hair but I never could make out her face. I just knew she was a girl and I also have a little boy. I don't think I am pregnant. The house in my dream is not a house I have been in. I don't remember most of the house except for being in a bedroom and at the end of the bed is where the little girl touched me and I picked her up and put her on the bed. I just remember it being dark like the electricity was out. I don't remember watching anything with little girls in it before bed. Usually I watch Family Guy on Cartoon network before bed. Idk, but it has stuck in my mind fresh and probably will be there for a while.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
The only other dream that Ive had that has had quite the impact this had was a few months ago. I found myself in a large room just 4 walls and a table with 2 chairs in the middle. Nothing on the walls or anything thing. The room was bare white and the table and chairs were black.

At the table was a little girl sitting there maybe 2 or 3 years old. Beautiful little girl playing with a doll. I walked up to her and said "Hi, whats your name?" She said her name was Story. I asked her what she was doing there all by herself. She looked up at me with the biggest smile on her face and said "I'm waiting for you to be my daddy." Just like the dream was over.

The interesting thing is Ive got a baby boy who is 8 months old. Before we found out our baby was a boy we were convinced we were gonna have a girl and her name would have been Story.

I think perhaps that's a little more normal then the dream I started this thread about but its still the only other dream thats stuck with me.

When I was pregnant with my daughter my husband and I both had dreams that we were having a little boy with blonde hair and we ended up having a little girl with red hair.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I have had night terrors as long as I can remember. I tend to try to stay awake some times because it really bothers me. I know a lot of my dreams come to pass but I never can seem to "get it" before it happens and then I have a horrible feeling of deja vu and guilt that I might could have done something to prevent it. My Grandmother called me at work (about 12 years ago) and described a dream she had had that night. She dreamed she was in a big white house with lots of people in white. She kept asking everyone "Where am I" and they would always reply " You are here". Two days later I received a call that she had just died.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Could it be some sort of warning from a certain being? A being we cannot see? I am realy interested in demons, devils, god, ghosts, jinni, spirits whatever. I have heard of devils/god giving humans powers which can perform extraordinary miracles. Could god be warning us for an upcoming disaster?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
People say you can control your dreams to find out more information about the dream. Ive tried to control dreams with no success its like doors which were open when i had no control are open but when i try to take control the doors become locked.
I have also found that if i attempt to control a dream i sleep till just before my alarm wakes, but if i leave evrything to play out as it were for this recent dream where everyone drowned the dream felt like it lasted 3days i remember falling asleap in the dream sort of like a dream within a dream. When i finally woke up from this dream i could not believe everything i had just seen which was only sleeping for 2hrs.

each dream i have write it down as soon as i wake up but i can't do it for ones that are so..........desturbing that i know will not for get em like a dream i had 6-8 months ago where someone was run over by a car instant death because thier brain got crushed i still remember the smell every time i think about this im sick. A few months later got told that a young girl dried when she fell off her tricycle onto the road and a bouble decker bus drove over her instantly.

Another recurring dream is im running through this never ending tube like tunnel underground with a concrete bolder chasing me, someone once told me to stop running and the bolder with stop. when i tried this the bolder only got closer. This dream only happens when im ill even just having a blocked nose. Always force myself to wake up when i do im sweaty and hot as if i was actually running. If i try to fall asleep again i go back into this dream so i now stay up all night and sleep during the day when i get chance to.

Got a question for those who have had realistic or terrable dreams, when you finally wake up does anyone else hear a sort of low-frequencybeating sort off pulsation in thier head. I heard this after waking from my 3day dream (2hrs).

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The best thing is when you wake up, you should write down what you have dreamed, so you can not forget anything.

I´ve dreamed often things which later come true. mostly when I have visited places I have never been before and when I am there I remember that I already dreamed about that situation/place.

One of my last dreams was scary - I dreamed that I am sitting at the table eating breakfast and read the news on my laptop - and the big fat headline was " Japan disappeared (or sunk)" And then I got goosebumps and said to my wife: haven´t I told you that I dreamed this??

So I was telling her in this dream that I dreamed this dream...crazy....

btw - in the meantime I have told her what I dreamed...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

Are you sure? You had better wake up and tell her again!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I had a similar dream like this when I was about 8. I saw a building with the front completely destroyed. It was very brief but when I woke up I walked downstairs to find my mom watching the news. At the time it didn't click but they were reporting on the Oklahoma City bombing and were showing footage of it. I mentioned something to my mom in passing along the lines of "Oh it sucks that that happened to all those people", thinking that it was a follow up report on something that happened a few days ago (I didn't really follow the news when I was 8) in which my mom replied "How would you know about this? This just happened this morning." Then I realized that the reason I recognized the image was because of the dream I just had. That has stuck with me for some time, just another reason to believe that there's more to us than just flesh and blood. Good post!
edit on 16-1-2011 by xanaoded because: misc

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
im still on the fence as to what dreams mean.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabound
People say you can control your dreams to find out more information about the dream. Ive tried to control dreams with no success its like doors which were open when i had no control are open but when i try to take control the doors become locked.

I, too, know this feeling and it blows real bad!!!! I have tried so hard to control the dreams so much that I just awoke and I think since I started messing with lucid dreaming I find I am remembering my dreams a lot less than was normal for me. I used to have very vivid, realistic dreams as well, and now they are scattered and chaotic and just like if you found an old film that degraded and has a lot of missing parts.
Also it has been ages since I had dream premonitions and I don't know if it's because I have gotten older, or because I am meditating and trying to lucid dream a lot. I will never give up though. I am gonna crack this dream thing!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Clues in my name......I have dreams that are informative and are from a sellection of sources. Mainly relatives that have passed on and other mysterious sources.
The dreams pertaining personal warnings or events reguarding family are usually relatives. Sleep and the state of mind during this state seems to allow contact from the next tier (if you prefer afterlife). Explaining how it works, I don't really know, other than to put it simply.......Joe Blows awake walls are up doors are locked.....Joe Blows asleep walls are down and the doors are wide open. Keep a Dream Diary.
As for the more mysterious messages regarding worldly matters......I found 3 sources so far maybe 4. Higher inteligences and messengers of much higher states....ALOT higher.
Keep a Diary if it seems dia alert the people concerned in passing don't make to much of a deal about it, most people are closed minded and would think you needed a check up. Always warn the people in question its the least you can do after the messengers went to all that trouble to get in your head......

p.s if there's errors sorry I mid journey.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I've had dreams that have eventually occurred in real life. About twice now that I can recall. They have only been insignificant events, like being in my college dorm room and watching a minor event unfold right in front of me in the dream then happening in real life sometime later. The first time that happened I had a mini freakout moment to myself, lol. There was no one around that I could share it with, but it totally creeped me out. The second time it happened, I don't even remember what was going on, it was so random.

I do remember a dream that I had that I guess you could call foreshadowing. I had a dream that a space shuttle crashed into the barracks I was living in, when I was in the Air Force and I was running around trying to help get people out. It was strange and a little unsettling, but I didn't think anything of it at the time. Some time later, the Columbia disaster occurred. Not really a dream that came true, but it is no less scary. Now when I dream I always wonder if I should have paid more attention or wrote down what happened in case it happens again.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I would love to learn how to control my dreams rather then just being a passenger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join