It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a dream becomes a reality...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Last week I was hospitalized with pneumonia as well as spinal meningitis. Now the night that I got sick I had a high fever 104 degrees. That night my sleep was plagued with horrible dreams. Massive car wrecks, destruction all sorts of stuff that you don't want to dream about. There was one dream that stood out that I was able to remember in vivid detail. Every part of the dream is still clear as day. At the time I didn't think a whole lot about it because of the nature of dreams during an illness especially where a high fever is concerned.

So fast forward to tonight a few hours ago. I was reading CNN and saw an article that that jumped out at me. The article was describing an incident that happened just recently. The scary thing was what happened in this article was the dream I was talking about it in the opening paragraph. Same everything.

As anyone ever dreamt something and then later on down the line had it actually happen? I don't mean just bits and pieces of the dream but have everything basically match up?

Is it possible while sleeping to enter someone else's mind and see something they are planning? Or jump forward and ride shotgun in their mind while they are doing it? Anyone ever experienced something like this?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't know about the other questions if it is possible or not. But the have had Profilers for years, a good book on the subject is called Mindhunters, I forget who wrote it. But he was a FBI Profiler, went after some of the worst of the worst (Can't even imagine becoming one of those really). As for the other question I did have one dream that came true, it dealt with a Computer game way back in the 90s. Dream't I got it came true two day's later. The brain is so complex that we have yet to even explore the depths of it yet.

PS: John Douglas is the one who wrote it and it is called, Mindhunters: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime's Unit.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
True story:

One night when I was about eight years old or so, I had a very vivid dream of a toothbrush where the bristle end was bent toward the inner aspect of the wrist, if you were gripping it in your hand. It seemed like a good idea, in that you would be able to reach back teeth easier, thus getting them cleaner without having to torque your wrist in an uncomfortable way.

I can remember getting up, immediately getting my toothbrush and bending it like I had dreamed. It really did seem to work better for me. I kept my toothbrush that way for a very long time.

About a year or so later, I was watching the TV when a commercial came on advertising a toothbrush with a handle "angled like a dental instrument." Yes, it was the "Reach" toothbrush, which went on to make Johnson & Johnson big bucks.

I wish I would have had the foresight to patent the idea or something.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

There are no limits, only beliefs.

Sleep is education for the mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If something like this is possible...Its something I would rather not experience again.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
yes, this happened several times in the past. recently ive been dreaming of natural disasters, last night about a flood i was in clinging to a wall.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ive had a number of dreams that felt so real the smell, heat and pain. I had a dream last year about 1 week before haiti earthquake It felt as if i was actually there but in someone elses body. noticed this because of skin colour. The one thing i can never forget about this dream is the pain i had in my right hand (in the dream that is) think it was broken but not to sure.

Recently i had the worst and most horrible dream ever mainly because i was to do with me and my close family and friends. The wierd thing about this deam is there are a few other people who have had similar dreams but all have th same outcome.

I would tell everyone about this dream but in the dream i kept repeating "no wanted to here what i had to say". So im not going to bother. But one thing for sure with all these mud slides and flooding the dream is looking to be real as much as i don't want it to be....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
i love how mysterious we are. So spiritually and supernaturally complicated, be we may never know the potential of human kinds. Esspecially with TPTB blocking our spirituality, they are stopping our progression as beings made in God's image. (sorry not thread jacking)

i think dreams can mean a lot but can also just be useless unconscience thinking. I wish we could differentiate between which dreams are which.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Well, dagnabbit...what was your dream? What has happened that you dreamed of? I am too curious by nature not to know!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
"yes, this happened several times in the past. recently ive been dreaming of natural disasters, last night about a flood i was in clinging to a wall."

I would like to know what else happened in your dream?

And to staciebee fast forward to the end of the dream everyone drowned including myself. The feel of drowning not good at all...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Yes this happens to me allot although interpreting them is quite difficult and usually i will realize that i had already experienced this in a dream months ago when the situation is happening not before

Here is my latest i had a dream that there was (screaming) and (fire) i was in my back yard there was fire was on my neighbors (roof), at the time of my dream there was an empty lot now there is a house two story just like my dream
in the sky there where 40 or so (moons) in different positions of the sky and more (screaming) strange huh

well this new years it played out months had passed and i thought my dream to be apocalyptic but on the night we got on the (ROOF) and watched the (FIRE)works i noticed that there where tons of spotlights shining in the sky like many (MOONS) and someone i was with keep't (SCREAMING) sound strange yeah but it was like deja vu a big kick in the face that i knew this was going to happen i just interpreted it the wrong way kind of makes me thing there is no free will and all is destined to be or i can see in the future..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by staciebee
reply to post by w810i

Well, dagnabbit...what was your dream? What has happened that you dreamed of? I am too curious by nature not to know!

In the dream I was in a snow plow. One of those large ones that is a dump truck with a plow on the front. I was driving around in this and saw a guy on the side of the road. I hit him with the plow killing him instantly. Tonight I was reading an article on CNN where a police officer was ran over by someone in a city snow plow truck. I read that and my jaw dropped. I can still recall what the guy looked like that was hit. He was wearing a blue uniform with a winter jacket that has the fur collars on it.

news.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on 14-1-2011 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Sorry. Didn't read all of the posts, but the question was did it happen to any readers, right?
Yes, it has happened. My ex-would-be-wife - I don't know how to start.
Back in 2006 when I was abroad, I had this strange dream, in which she dumps me. Come three months and I'm going back home, just to hear that she doesn't even want to see me. For years now I've been asking myself "Why?" for no answer, of course.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Bump for anyone having dealt with this

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I had a dream that I was in the utility room of the house I grew up in standing on the steps that led down to the floor and an old wise man standing on a step below me offered me a baby and gave me an important message or information. I agreed. About two weeks later I discovered I was pregnant with twins. I do not remember what the message was, I only remember the child being offered. I am a twin too. The man in the dream reminded me of my step dad.

Could mean nothing. I don't know? But its kinda freaky.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What I do know about prophetic dreams is this, they are accurate, like movies and they happens the same way in real life, that's the good news. No symbolism involved. It just happens that way. The bad news is this, you cannot change them. As far as I can tell, but I may be wrong on this. There are stories of those kind of dreams. And you cannot change them (in the stories anyway).

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I cannot for the life of me see a point to it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You might want to check out this book, if you haven't already:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That looks like a very unique read!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Last week i had a dream seeing some mountains...few days later a friend took me to the country were i saw the same mountains in my dreams. My 3rd eye viewing showed a forest with people...that same day i was seeing what was in my 3rd eye.... Literally saw both on same day (country and forest are kinda joined up here in queensland). Also had a dream with meeting a girl named Ella... few days ago i meet a girl named Eliza...Dreams do foretell the future..no matter what anyone else says..

Weather its Ro or La
2 and 2 is not always 4
edit on 15-1-2011 by rabzdguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join