It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdness in Dixie

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i dont know if this is all related, but this last summer in Seattle Wa. there was so many spiders everywhere, Everytime i would walk my dog i would get webs in my face and i pointed this out to some other people and they confirmed what i was seeing. but not really knowing to much about spiders im not sure if it plays into this whole thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I've put a lot of thought into your question; studied mountains of data, weather charts, solar activity. It is my educated opinion that both the snow and the birds are vacationing Canadians.

But seriously.....Ducks flying north? Birds farther north than they should be? Massive die-offs? Sun appearing 2 days early in Greenland? Expedited Magnetic North migration?......Could it be the "polar shift" that LUCUS spoke of in his doc on the-rabbbit-hole2.com?

Jason
edit on 13-1-2011 by hthjason because: additon

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just want to add that for the 2nd year in a row we have only 5% snow on the ground of we usually get. The weather is cold but no moisture. I have not noticed any oddities with birds only because of attention not given to them. Will now.

I also checked in with the Autobahn Society and even they are reporting that bird migration is somewhat off, 35 miles off.

Take a look here.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In the NOAA weather report it was pre forecasted as far back as february of last year this winter would bring record breaking precepitations andtemperatures. Next year will bring drought conditions, nearly no precepitation, and much warmer temperatures. Infact the next 3 to 5 years will be drought and warmer, you will be remembering this weather and wishing it would return. This is not abnormal this happen every decade, however this winter is much colder then any other recorded years. It will pass with memories to never forget and then extreme changes will occur...You should be enjoying it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So I'm wondering does anyone know if it's unseasonably WARM anywhere else in the world similar to how it's unseasonably cold in many parts of the u.s.? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I remember weird weather over here also.

It snowed on Christmas and then not a week later we got effin' Rain. Lightning and Tornadoes.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here in Washington, NC we've seen snow the last few years. Very strange.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hthjason
reply to post by TheRedneck

But seriously.....Ducks flying north?

Jason
edit on 13-1-2011 by hthjason because: additon

Where'd you see this in the news? Is there a link?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Global warming, the seasons become more extreme. This has been long predicted.

What ever you think about global warming, weather patterns are changing all over the world, and they will continue to change.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This seems to me to be very much a canary in the coal mine situation. How soon before whatever is affecting them will it be affecting us? Hopefully whatever it is won't get that bad, but only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well there is quite a culmination of ????

Perhaps there is something to the legends after all.

We should know soon enough, what the truth really is.

Fear not.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Global warming, the seasons become more extreme. This has been long predicted.

What ever you think about global warming, weather patterns are changing all over the world, and they will continue to change.

But part of this narrative has volcanoes and earthquakes slapped on it as well.

"Global warming" cannot possibly effect seismic events, so the polar magnetic shift theory would be much more plausible.

It would explain the weather, seismic events, animal deaths, the works. Matches up with 2012 and everything.

I am more of the skeptical type on predictions though, thats why I said we will know the truth soon enough.

I have not even decided if things are totally out of the ordinary yet on these subjects. I do not have sufficient data to make a definitive assessment.

What I do have are many question marks over my head.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Things are getting weird in 'Bama...

Decenber 25th, 2010, was the first white Christmas I have ever seen, and remember guys, this is an old redneck talking. Apparently the northern branch of the jet Stream took dead aim at us, and brought not one, but two icy shots of Arctic air down where the magnolias grow.

Now, a mere three weeks later, it has happened again... with even more dire consequences:

That's a snapshot of the road in front of my house taken Tuesday, a full day after the snowfall dumped a full foot of snow on us, enough to make it the heaviest snowfall on record since 1850-something. We struggled to break the freezing mark for a couple hours that day, and haven't been up to freezing since. Nor do we plan to be, as the low tonight is showing to be 11°F and tomorrow we aren't supposed to get past the mid 20s. We have no snow equipment to speak of, so the entire northern part of the state is practically shut down.

In the middle of this deep freeze today, I was looking out the window at the white expanse, and what do I see? BIRDS! Not just the typical winter birds like wrens, but my wife and I counted 13 robins, several redbirds, a couple of bluejays, at least one mockingbird, and a woodpecker. It's the middle of January in the midst of the worst snowfall in 150 years combined with temperatures no one here is equipped to handle. Can someone PLEASE explain to me why this is happening?

I am seriously at a loss to explain this. I'm hoping that someone here can shed some light (and a little heat would be nice
) on exactly what is happening. Is it only here? Have bird migrations shifted in other places? Is there a scientific reason for the Jet Stream plunge that might also affect the wildlife?

TheRedneck

Sup Redneck, East TN here. Yeah I noticed that too. Colder then a witches tittie outside and yet birds are just all happy go lucky singing and stuff. With all this bird dying reports you would think you wouldnt be seeing or hearing that. And like the other poster wrote it created a cool shimmery effect on the ground today before dawn as I guess the snow became ice. To give you something to think about. You know how there is that day of the year you look up and see the birds migrating? Looking like B-52s over Normandy lol Well yesterday, I seen something oddly similiar to this cept they seemed to be flying east. I watched it a minute or two. It was nowhere near the amount of birds you normally see. Their numbers were greatly diminished.
edit on 14-1-2011 by destro423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Nothing unusual about the birds as they try to keep away from storm fronts but are often unsuccessful (like the ones you see).
No doubt this is a very hard time for those birds so please throw out some food for them as many will starve due to the severe snow conditions.
enjoy the snow while it lasts.
You'll have your gray/brown winters back in no time and you'll be wishing to see snow again.

Word or warning:
If you see Frosty the snowman by all means shoot first.
He is a proven killer and is highly dangerous.
Aim for the coal buttons or smear ranch dressing on the carrot nose.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added commentary

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Personnaly I live in the north west of France and at the moment we are having temps in between 11°C and 14°C when normaly at this time of the year we are in between -1°C and 1°C . Anyways it only seems to be worrying me among my relations...
But it's the first time I have experienced this in 20 years...
And a couple of weeks befor we have more than 50cm of snow (which is exceptionnal as I live on the coast)
edit on 14-1-2011 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Northern Michigan here, we usually have at least a foot of snow by this time of the year and I'd say maybe we have 6 inches in the yard. The roads are clear. I was contemplating talking my motorcycle out for a ride yesterday. We have the cold temps but we're not getting the snow. It seems like it's going all around us. I like to take the kids snow shoeing every weekend and we haven't gone once this year. The only birds I am seeing is woodpeckers. I took the kids out to shoot the bow and arrow that Santa brought them last weekend and there were 3 woodpeckers tearing the trees up in the yard. I wanted to shoot them with the bb gun but I thought with all the birds dying I really don't want to kill any birds right now so they lived to see another day.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Although up here in Canada snow is the norm, I came across the news this morning about some birds dieing. I didn't think anything of it until I heard the words, "blunt force trauma". Sound familiar? Apparently two dozen birds were startled by something that sent them into the path of a truck.

First of all how do they know that something startled them? There are apparently no witnesses. Secondly there is no picture of the truck. IDK perhaps I'm reading too much into this? Just thought I'd share.

Here's the story.

PS: Even though snow is not unusual here, Canada is experiencing a brutal winter.
edit on 14-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: PS:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Upper Midwest here, by one of the big lakes. We had what seemed like abnormally warm temps in November and December, and only in the last few weeks has winter really geared up here. I know the weather patterns were keeping us pretty much snow free, and warmer than normal, while both coasts and the south were getting bombed with storms.

Now, it is just like any other winter here. However, this past fall, we did have more orb spiders here than I have ever seen by times 10 at least. Then, when it was suppossed to get cold here in November and December, and didn't, all of the birds and squirells did their disappearing acts like normal.

Just this morning, with snow falling and temps in the 20's, I saw more more birds and squirells on my way into work than I normally would see in the Spring. Hundreds of birds flying around, but they did all seem very disoriented (no, none dead). A flock of 10-20 blackbirds would take off out of a tree, fly around super fast for a few seconds, and then either re-land on the same tree, or land on something very close. In about a 50 minute drive, I probably saw over 50 squirells running everywhere as fast as possible.

Rush hour sucked this morning, so I was stopped at a lot of lights, and I saw this bird freak-out thing at least 5 or six times, which is what got me thinking about both the animals and weather in my area.

Thank you for this thread, especially hearing about the unusual patterns that a lot of people are experiencing right now. Who knows if everything is related or not, but it does seem like fact that a lot of places in the world right now are getting hit with really bad weather. My thoughts and prayers go out out to all the people getting flooded in Australia and Brasil, and everywhere else in the world.

You know, the Earth might just be going through an active period with more earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, animals deaths, and snow storms so far in 2011. It might mean something, it might not. However, the fact is that a huge amount of extreme patterns are emerging that all paint a very bleak picture for those of us that like to connect the dots. Even if you are deadset agaisnt connecting any of these patterns, one should always be hyper-observant of their surroundings. It does not matter if it is biblical (which I doubt), Mayan (which I also doubt), NWO (for the record, never any comment from me on that one), HAARP (don't buy that one either), or simply that the Earth is geared up to a level that our short human history on this planet is not used to (which I do think might be the case). None of that really matters at all. 'Something' is happening, and it is happening right before our eyes.

It might get better tomorrow, but the forecasters in Australia say that it is probably going to get worse over the next few months, as do the forecasters in Brasil. The earthquake people know that there are a tons of areas right now that have a lot of tectonic pressure building, like the San Andreas fault and scores of other around the planet. Solar experts are arguing back and forth over the potential strength of the next solar maximum.

The whole point to my ramble here is this: NO one knows if these patterns will continue, nor do we know how long will they continue for. Also, NO one knows if they will increase in stength and frequency, or will the planet actually calm down a bit.

In some parts of the world, resources are already lacking in response to threats Australia, Indonesia and Brasil, due to the magnitude of these disasters.

So, I believe that a lot of people are scared, because we all realize how fragile we as humans are when compared to the mysteries and Fury of our planet, and I also believe that many people are waking up and taking a good look around themselves, and realize just how fragile our society is also, in the face of the might of Earth.

Accordingly, my thanks again for this thread, and I hope that people keep on sharing what is happening in their parts of the world, becuase it is only through facing these unknown patterns, can we calm ourselves down enough to do the right thing when the time comes.

Personally, I plan on continuing to kick major butt at my job, keep on being the best Dad that I can be and play with my kids and build Legos an extra hour each day, and I plan on staying glued to ATS and threads like this one, and the Quake, Volcano, Solar, and other threads that provide me with the information that helps me to better understand my place on this planet.

Thanks to all of you, stay safe, smile once extra each day, and keep your when the SHTF bag near to you at all times. Pack extra socks, review emergency plans with loved ones, and hang tight, cause it sure does look like a bumpy road ahead.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Midwest here, and it was a mild-warm winter until the last two weeks. We were lucky to have snow on Christmas in fact. Now it has become fridgid cold.

I am curious about one thing though. Even though I live in the city, I usually have rabbits invading my yard until the first hard freeze. This year I haven't seen any at all. In fact I can't recall seeing any this fall either.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Thanks for the read! Very well thought out and constructed

Here, have a star!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join