It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdness in Dixie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I do know its odd weather for the south ,I'm over just east of you but I grew up in Michigan and thought that this is where the robins and other birds came to from the north in winter?Honestly though I have humming birds in my yard still usually they are gone by the end of october seems strange to still have them hanging around.I'm over in Beaufort and it's been freezing here compared to the usual mild weather we are used to.It seems to be that way all over the states and beyond,hopefully it will warm up soon,and still hoping it's the natural coarse of nature that we are dealing with and not anything else.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I live on the east coast of central Florida and the weather here is just as weird. My roommate has made comments about the birds and their migrating behavior. He has lived here for years and has made comments recently about the birds and their patterns that have changed. I don't know if it really means anything but he said some of what we are seeing is not usual for the area at this time. I wouldn't know since i haven't lived here long enough to notice.

Something in going on in the world. The planet is changing and waking up.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Strange, the other day I thought it was strange to hear the sound of spring birds too. Also, there has been a pair of owls waking me up in the middle of the night with their hooting. We've never had owls around our yard before.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have also noticed this bird mystery. me and my wife were watching sum red birds playin in the ice and snow. looking out my window every now and again i see birds flying around and having a gay old time even though most of their food is under 10 inchs of snow and any berrys on vines or trees would be froze as well. dont know what this could mean unless they were caught off guard by the winter weather and just decided to stick it out rather than flying off somewhere else on an empty stomach and risking death from extensive work of flying just to get somewhere and all the food there is froze too.
I guess they decided to give us a break on the dead birds thing

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think it is the end of a cycle, a Long count, according to the Mayans. The Mayan calendars on December 21, 2012 and heralds a solstice/galactic center alignment that last took place some 13,000 odd years ago. This was duly recorded on the famous calender. It is also very indicative of a time, and space shift as we know it, as we pass through he Photon Belt over the Galactic Plane. It additionally represents a cyclical and geologically predictable period of major Earth changes, which are already coming to pass. The Earth will not change in a flash such as in a specific date as December 21, 2012. While the changes will continue to be turbulent, they will be gradual, unless the powers that be create a nuclear holocaust first, which is always a possibility, given their own self-fulfilling Armageddon prophecies.

Apocalypse: "The term "apocalypse" was introduced by F. Lücke (1832) as a description of the New Testament book of Revelation. An apocalypse, in the terminology of early Jewish and Christian literature, is a revelation of hidden things given by God to a chosen prophet; this term is more often used to describe the written account of such a revelation. Apocalyptic literature is of considerable importance in the history of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic tradition, as beliefs such as the resurrection of the dead, judgement day, heaven and hell are all made explicit in it. Apocalyptic beliefs predate Christianity, appear in other religions, and have merged into contemporary secular society, especially through popular culture. The word is derived from the Greek apokalupsis meaning revelation (literally, 'a lifting of the veil', or disclosure). It seems to have originated among Greek-speaking Jews, and then passed from them to the Christians, who developed it still further."
adishakti.org...

The end-time” prophecies and the famous 2012 date do relate to the “final” passage over the Galactic Plane, one that started, and has been taking place, since the “dawning” of the Age of Aquarius, which began more or less in the 1960s although Neptune entered Aquarius in 1998 and transformed “the dream.” The Age of Aquarius, the Water Bearer, is even recorded in the Bible.

"And then the man who bears the pitcher will walk across an arc of heaven. The sign and signet of the Son of man stands forth in the eastern sky. The wise will then lift up their heads and know that the redemption of the Earth is near" (157.29,30.)

If one researches the words for “Spirit” in Hebrew and Greek, one will find that in Hebrew it is actually a Feminine word.Thus, the choice among orthodox and fundamental Christians to speak of the Holy Spirit as male is a distortion of the actual languages of the Scriptures. Recognizing this, when the model of the Holy Trinity is used among Gnostic Christians, the Holy Spirit is spoken of as female and is often called the Mother Spirit, or the Goddess, or Queen of Heaven, like Diana of the
Ephesians (Acts 19:35)...

The way this writer sees it, after the "Change," a new world will be present for all to enjoy, at least all who in Service To Others. This new world will be a Matriarchal World, and the Feminine will once again be in power. It was this way the last time, but the Holy Roman Church, and all of it's offshoots of the time, proceeded to stamp out the Divine Feminine, and make everything Holy male oriented. Women were murdered, Temples dedicated to the Goddess were destroyed, and had Christian churches built over the ruins. Churches were built over all Sacred Places of the time. Goddess worship was most wiped out, in favor of an All Male God Trinity. Women were ostracized and blamed for original sin thereafter.

What lies ahead for Humanity? With all the problems we have, it's hard to believe our future is bright. Inflation and recession, environmental deterioration, diminishing resources, unrest and oppression in developing countries, and apathy, loneliness and lack of direction in developed ones all combine to severely cloud the horizon...

It may seem fantastic, but the signs in the Heavens point to a most extraordinary renewal in the years ahead. If we recall some of the recent trends, this prospect doesn't seem so outlandish at all. It wasn't too long ago that we heard about the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, and about the revival of spirit among the new generation. We can still hear the echoes of John Kennedy's call to action and see the vision of Martin Luther King's dream. Before he and his dream were shot down in 1968, he said we as a people "would get to the promised land." The promise seems empty now, yet the planetary cycles support his prophecy.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
well redneck, I'm with ya on this

that pic u posted in the OP
looks just like around my neck
of the woods here in NC.

On a normal basis we in the low plains
of NC do not get snow in winter. Maybe
1 snow fall every 5-6 yrs. But this winter
we have seen 2 snow falls within a couple
weeks. It snowed here Dec 26 and then again
on Jan 10. Both coats were over 4 inches.
That is rather phenom around here.
And the temps usually sparse between
10-20 deg between lows and highs. But
now they seem to be fluctuating very little.
The lows around 28 and the highs around 34.

There was one day where it got up to around
50 deg and it felt like a heat wave or a solar flare.
i was tempted to put on shorts and a tank top.

Rumor around the globe is the polar shift and
the north atlantic current are to blame.
I guess we will soon see what mother nature
has to hold.

stay warm guys

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

In the middle of this deep freeze today, I was looking out the window at the white expanse, and what do I see? BIRDS! Not just the typical winter birds like wrens, but my wife and I counted 13 robins, several redbirds, a couple of bluejays, at least one mockingbird, and a woodpecker. It's the middle of January in the midst of the worst snowfall in 150 years combined with temperatures no one here is equipped to handle. Can someone PLEASE explain to me why this is happening?

Robins are strange to have in the winter, they're spring birds, and I don't know anything about mockingbirds, but the bluejays and the woodpeckers are normal in the winter. So are lots of crows, and ravens, and magpies. We have them up here, they get so many feathers they almost look furry, and they look like the weigh about 10 lbs.

It can go to -30 celcius, which in farenheit is about -20 where I am, and these types of birds are still around. My woodpeckers are missing at the moment, but they were around during Christmas, and it was really cold up here at that time. When it goes down to -40, which is the same in farenheit, then the birds just stay in their nests. My magpies went away for a while, I noticed some yesterday though. Magpies even build nests with roofs, and a side door. Robins might need bird feeders, I think the snow might cover most of their food.

North America covered in snow is very strange though. That is unexplainable to me.

I'd worry about the birds like ducks or geese flying north, it's way to cold for ducks, or any other waterbirds up here.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I'm in Georgia (east of ATL) and have been iced in since Sunday. A 1/4 mile driveway, uphill, is a sheet of ice and there is NO leaving until it starts thawing. As others have also mentioned, we generally get snow each year somewhere, although i personally rarely get it every year; however, it seems the past years we have gotten snow more frequently than usual.

It's interesting how you all mention birds. I do not know which birds do or do migrate, but a couple of weeks ago i looked outside and my front yard, which is a good acre/acre and a half, was full of Robins. I am not sure when they usually migrate, but I could not count them all, they were every few feet from each other, dozens of them. I have never seen that many Robins like that before. As far as other birds, since the snow/and ice has covered the ground, i have been feeding the birds. The birds i have seen: cardinals, blue jays, red wing black birds, wrens, golden finches, a red bellied woodpecker, and doves. The wrens are most numerous, they literally COVER the ground. Luckily i bought 30 lbs of finch food and 50 lbs of sunflower seed last week, and that is almost gone. I spread some seed on the patio as well, and between that and out on the snow by the feeder there are at least 50-100 wrens, not to mention all of the others. Poor birds.

Quite troubling, it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yep! This is definitely different. I am in the Augusta area of GA & have not seen snow this early in the season. I recorded the first snow fall on December 12th @ 4:47pm while on my back porch(I typed it up in my Evernote on my phone). It was just a little snow flurries that lasted maybe 20 minutes no sticking, but WOW! I have NEVER even heard of snow that early. December 12th is not even Winter yet. Then to get snow on the 26th & now this past one. Maybe it's some sort of cycle or whatever, but something does seem strange. Do I think it's a beginning of a coming global catastrophe? No, I just don't know what it is.
Here is the link to the Dec. 12th snow event >> www.wrdw.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Relax everyone worried about that northbound flock of ducks...its pretty balmy here in British Columbias coastal areas.
We still have hummers that now seem to stick around in winter(though many do leave)Robins and all those migratory ones you mentioned seem to stay around more every year..we see the odd bunch of any or all of the above...
Up in the mountains where i used to live, we once got a pair of boreal chickadees(brown head) when a bad storm rolled through....They showed up at my feeder, and stayed for two years.....became quite friendly too, even eating out of our hands....
With the variations in climate that we have all been experiencing over time, many migrators dont seem to want to leave these days, and others are showing up moths early.....
What i havent seen yet, is the yellow, and black warblers of different names(tennessee warblers etc)They still seem to stick to their age old routines.
The migration of Red wing blackbirds(witnessed by the die off recently) seems to be under wiegh and id say they are probably on schedule to show up at my pond about the right time.
I think the gradual increases weve seen in overall warmer weather will be found to be the main factor in all these anomalous apearances out of season.Though the oil spill may have a greater effect on numbers than we expect......

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

howdy redneck. i live in northern colorado so the snow isnt unusual but what you say about the birds is, cause the same thing is happening here. there are birds here now you never see unless its spring . i have lived here my entire life and am an avid outdoorsman and proud redneck myself. i notice these things, and pay close attention to my environment. i usually dont feed the birds but i have to now because every thing is coverd in snow and they are in bad shape. if you have any spare bread crumbs , corn meal or bird seed please feed them . they are stressed and need our help .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Wow , I was born and raised in Bama , and I never saw that much snow there . I'm from Clay County , Lineville-Ashland area . How far north are you ?

Something definitely brewing , in my opinion .

Roll Tide !

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gunner50cal

Good point Gunner, Here in Missouri, we've got about 4 inches on the ground. I put birdseed out first thing this morning. I just have seen any birds feeding.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You are seeing birds that usually are not there in the Winter and here on the Texas coast, I am not seeing the birds I usually photograph in the Winter. It's been a strange year. Feed those misplaced birds if you can, otherwise they will be short of seed and die.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Southeast Texas (outside of Houston) and everything is normal. No snow (yet), although we did have some last year and the year before. Our winter has been very mild thus far. It's finally feeling like winter outside. We were in the 70's just a few weeks ago.. The only strange thing I have noticed about the birds, and I have been paying attention every since they started falling out of the skies, is the lack of them. Maybe it'e because it is winter, but I don't hear them and I rarely see them lately. That seems weird to me..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

hawaii would be the only state not to have snow...

2nd

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how much of what you all have reported is actually "odd" behavior. I live in north central Saskatchewan and have on numerous occasions witnessed birds flying north when they are "supposed" to be heading south. Remember that birds and animals, unlike us, are attuned to pressures rising and dropping. Many times birds will in fact "get prepared" for weather by laying over in places where they normally wouldn't. They can see from the air the best spot to do that and will sometimes divert a flight-path to rest and eat. I have been a witness to this MANY times; for example: a flock of snow geese landed on a dug-out in a field just before a blizzard last year...they don't usually stop here. A flock of snow birds came to rest in our apple trees on day during a snow storm...they stayed for almost an entire day. I'm not saying that there is NOTHING going on as far as the bird deaths, but we must do a little more research on bird behavior in general before jumping to conclusions. One more thing.....how many of you actually watch the birds on a regular basis, or are just noticing bird behavior now because of all the hype?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
this may sound a little crazy but there was a mini ice age back in the 1500's i believe
i also thought that global warming is a precursor to the ice age?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

hawaii would be the only state not to have snow...

2nd

Actually Hawaii had snow too & is expected to get more. It was Florida that was snow free.
Winter Storm Warning Posted for Hawaii as Most of U.S. Sees Snow

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

I think that it's on the large scale of things that is making it very much talked about.
Are you also aware that these deaths are listed as BIOHAZARD so is this something like just a normal day oh well another 1,000 birds dies no big deal.
Also when you research it they state in most cases "cause unknown" which is the norm i guess if you work for BP
move along nothing to see here just a normal biohazard, happens every so often

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join