It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdness in Dixie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

here in the uk we has a countrywide blanket of deep snow and ice.. unusual to say the least because normally and the sub zero temperatures stayed for weeks.
regards kayak.

edit on 13-1-2011 by kayak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Here is what you need redneck. It will help you with your road issues!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Can i just point out that i believe theres a media blackout?
Oz flooding in the uk media is being passed off as not as bad as they thought it would be,
oh well thats ok then?

Now i click on this thread and youre saying snow problems? Is this bad not normal accumilations or what?

Is the media picking and choosing news? Cricket and football seems top news?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

It's so obvious that they know that crap has hit the proverbial fan and are doing their best to downplay it.

We just need to buckle up more.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Here is a link from SOTT wow i didnt realise that there was this much?
www.sott.net...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'm in Northwest Georgia and we were snowed in butt good. We're pretty rural (well, five miles from town), but it was insane trying to get into town on the icy roads. Way too many bridges for our comfort.

I have also noticed a ton of birds that ought not be here. There was a cardinal sitting on my back deck and a bluejay flitting around one of the bird baths in the front yard. All I could do was stare. There's just no explanation.

This weather is freaksome. But I'm enjoying the snow cream.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I live in northeast alabama redneck and I have noticed the same thing. I hear the birds chirping as I type this this. I'm probably way younger than you are but even I know this is crazy. I can remember when I was a little kid all the snow we got in 93 but did it even stick around like this? My yard is completely white and has been since sunday night. I went from never seeing snow to seeing it for days straight. Something is definetley going on with the world I think...nothing natural about snow sticking around this long in alabama, even if it is winter time.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I recently relocated to East TN. The news said in Dec we had as much snow as we normally get in a year here. Everyone at work talks about hows it been 10-15 years since they have had a winter like this. Where I live they say its normally a dusting or couple inches of snow. We got 7" this last go around. Friends of mine in Co are griping about the mild winter they are having. Mt Leconte in the Smoky Mountains np has, I believe 33" of snow with chest high drifts. Strange happenings all around. I drove by a house the other day with 15-20 robins in there yard.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The Jet Stream is controlled by the WATER beneath it carrying the warm or cool temps which manage the cold and warm air above. The US had a Issue takin lightly by EA inhabitants last year in G.O.M.and now it is effecting the ocean currents GLOBALLY. With these ocean currents being modified the Air above them shall aswell. Now you got NEW WEATHER PATTERNS FOLLOWING NEW MODIFIED OCEAN CURRENTS.

The birds may be effected by either a poision mixture chemical floating in the air that may be concentrating or the SHIFT. Shift from the SUN managing EA due to SOME evol inhabitants and their wrong doings to EA and wildlife. And now the SUN is modifying EA magnetically/electrically TO REHEAL FROM inhabitants rape of EARTH.. sorta like getting your heart restarted after cardi.arrest occurs (evol inhabitants attempt to cause EA arrest -500,000,000 humans to exist with wildlife in balance) georgia guidstones. there are near 7 billion so 6.5 billion to many...
BE WELL AND SAFE AND KEEP FAITH AS ITS MOST IMPORTANT NOW!!!
PEACE

edit on 1/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well Redneck,
It seems everyone is noticing weird weather and bird patterns.
Something is happening, that's a fact.
Ever since NBC bought the Weather Channel, people can't get the right story.

Up here in Ohio, I am witnessing something I've never seen before.
Ever.
Songbirds in the Winter.
Every winter we expect most of the birds to fly south.
So there's never any flocks of birds flying around, or chirping of any kind.
I am not the only one to notice this either.

Now there are species that stick it out for winter here, but not all.
Seems that there are more birds here than normal.

And I'll be honest, that worries me.

I'd say just be cautious of future events and prepare for the unexpected.
Can't go wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
East TN here too......

I can honestly say the past two winters have been colder then the years past. I can remember the cold and wet (drizzle & fog) from last year, it just about drove me outta my mind. This year though it is cold and snowy.

Last Wednesday we had flurries in our forecast. What we got was the biggest snow flakes anyone around here has ever seen. They were like little fluffy snowballs falling from the sky. At least 2". Sounds crazy right? I called my mom and she said she had never seen anything like it (she's 68 and lived in East TN all her life). I tried to get pics, but with everything so white the flakes just got last in the background. The best one I have is of one that landed on one of my dogs, it looks like she was hit with a snow ball!

Now we have had snow on the ground since this past Sat. night and it is still spitting flurries. Sunday when I woke up I checked the forecast to see when it would warm up and melt the snow. The daytime high for yesterday and today was forecasted in the 40's. The reality? No where near that, in the 20's. On Monday the last thing the local weather man said as he signed off was we would have plenty of sunshine for the day, turned out all we had was cloud cover and fog. Also, much of the snow we are getting doesn't even show up on radar. I know there are reasons for that, but it's just weird to see an inch of snow forming on the ground and check 3 different weather sites and nothing is showing on the radar.

As for the birds, every evening we get a troupe of Blue Jays in the leyland cypress out in our front yard. Drives the dogs nuts. I'm wondering if we are seeing more birds because of the weather. With the snow on the ground it could be hard for them to forge for food, so we are seeing them closer to our houses as they scrounge for food?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
i think the birds in the snow is unusual..... they've got to be seriously confused!! i'm kind of surprised they've survived the snow. i'm in texas and haven't seen any out of place birds although i've noticed over the past several years that the blue jays are almost gone and the grackles (or cow birds) have missing tails. it's mostly the male grackles.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well sittin her on a mountain in North Georgia I had 8inchs Sunday into Monday and that has now turned to 4inchs with a inch of ice on top of it and as cold as all get out. All roads are still not drivable in my area and what melt today in the sun will just refreeze tonight with the temps going back down into the teens. Temp this morning a balmy 16f fun fun fun. Have had a lot of birds around the yard also. If I remember right North GA had a real good snow last year at this same time 1-10-2010
www.flickr.com...
edit on 13-1-2011 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

But I'm enjoying the snow cream

MMMMMMMMMMMM

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Our mockingbirds are back, as well as the birds you mentioned. The jays and cardinals winter here in TN, but the mockingbird is usually not back until March. Also, I saw birds already nesting on a friend's porch rafter. Mommy was sitting on the nest just like they do in spring and summer. These were Eastern Bluebirds, which is even weirder for my area.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I don't know what if anything the cooler temperatures mean but I'll add what I've got. I checked the NOAA website and I can say that here in Charleston, December, was 10 degrees cooler than average. So take that as you will.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Terrific post, thanks for that link. Very dramatic looking isn't it?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Just a side note...

Even without any active precipitation over the last couple of days, our local morning news, here in Atlanta, has now, for five and a half hours been running non stop coverage of just how horrible the situation here is. Just getting from point A to point B is nearly impossible at this point and traffic is simply a nightmare (or so the news says. There is no way in Hell that I am going out in this.)

As for birds, I began halfheartedly watching out the window for them, as I surf the web, and have yet to see a single one. Though three stray cats have wandered their way onto my porch already today!

~Heff

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Very interesting. The birds your are seeing are alive, and moving around?
They are not froze to death, just out of place?

Alive and well, apparently. One of the bluejays I saw was actually fat! How I don't know; everything else is struggling to stay alive. I wish I had had the presence of mind to get some pics of them, but like most posters have mentioned it simply didn't dawn on me just how unusual this is until later... plus this ol' redneck is in full hibernation mode until the evil white Yankee rain goes away.

Heck,I haven't even been to the shop in a week... and for me, that is unheard of!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It’s bright and sunny here in St. Augustine, Florida. The weather is a nice 28F outside at 10:10 AM! This is Florida not Pennsylvania for Pete’s sake! I mean I love the cold don’t get me wrong, I have a blast outside at 19F but this is so abnormal. And you know what’s even stranger? The number of birds we have here, it’s phenomenal.

They sound like it’s an invasion. Crows, woodpeckers, cardinals, etc… They are all outside doing their chirp thing with the wind blowing. It’s soothing but still strange. I posted up pictures back in December when our yard was frozen from when it got down to 15F here.

I do not know weather patterns and atmospheric phenomenon much but I will tell you that being a lifelong Floridian I have never seen such strange weather as snow on December 26 and 15F in December before in my life.

Stay safe and warm everyone!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join