It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He was an atheist"...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

\
You're in my prayers now, so you'd better watch out!

As are all the victims of this terrible tragedy, this evil, as well as, the perp himself, a very sick lad. The whole thing's just a tragedy all around. Very very sad indeed.

I take eveyrthing very very seriously, at face value, I let it move me, and in the process I also move it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Good luck with your prayers. I don't see myself being magically changed by an invisible man anytime soon or at all for that matter. Isn't that an attempt to violate my free will? I thought you were leaving this thread after your sadness incident.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

Good luck with your prayers.

Thank you. It looks like I'll need it!

Catch you on the rebound.

Luv,

Rob

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic, but you really will need the luck, although it won't help at all. I am who I am and nobody can change me. With that being said, your prayers will be a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I don't want to change you, only liberate you to the truth of OUR existence, and our purpose in life, to win the game of life I guess you say, that's all.

Enough said, you needn't reply, unless you want to..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It's funny watching atheists and theists toss this crap back and forth. Playing a big PR game. Get over it already. Belief in whatever or lack of belief in whatever is not what causes people to do monstrous things I am sorry to tell you. He was human, and some humans do VERY nasty things. The sooner we all realise this the sooner, perhaps, we can minimize the suffering.

Religion =/= killler
Atheism =/= killer

Simple fact of the matter is EVERY belief system/ideology/whatever can and probly will at some point be twisted into a justification to do monstrous things by somebody. Pretending otherwise simply enables it to happen sooner.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrvdreamknight

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
reply to post by mrvdreamknight

There has been no suggestion that he killed due to his non belief in anything,

I don't think he believed in Santa either, maybe that's why he started shooting people?

Glenn Beck said he was an atheist.

I was not surprised by this finding.

I never said the nutjob killed because of it - but evidently you must have.

If you are not making a point about a connection between "Athiest" and "psychotic killer", then what point are you trying to make?
Why would you not be surprised that he might or might not be an Athiest?
I genuinly don't understand?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I don't want to change you, only liberate you to the truth of OUR existence, and our purpose in life, to win the game of life I guess you say, that's all.

Enough said, you needn't reply, unless you want to..

I'll reply with one final statement: There is no such thing as a universal "truth" of our existence. It is what it is to you and nothing more. My purpose is to be who I want to be, do what I want to do and most importantly, be with the one I love. That's my decision, not the decision of someone or something else. Enough said.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
erm.. excuse me.. Ive been eavesdropping on your 2 man debate and I have one request.. can you pray for me OP and sacrifice chickens or whatever you do Condemned? I need some luck too..
Just joking

Never fails to amuse me.. a religious type will invariably pray for his opponent. I must be a really bad Christian.. I usually wish the other guys connection would drop or his keyboard break.

my .02.. I feel a rant coming on...
The guy is a mass murderer. Not evil, insane in a legal sense, lead by political garbage.. none of those excuses. He is just a common murderer and nothing special no matter how he wants us all to believe he is. A mass murderer with no excuse or adequate explanation for doing what he wanted to do. Nothing compelled him other than his own desires. To me, evil.. real evil.. is something much more insidious than this little fool. HE deserves a very vigorous prosecution, no sympathy from anyone, and hopefully death.Yeah, I already convicted him in my mind and wish death on him before he is proclaimed guilty.. sue me. Besides the adults who were murdered.. he killed a child, guys. He kept shooting after he knew that those bullets were killing fellow human beings. He'd have kept shooting if the clip would have not jammed and he would have not been subdued. He enjoyed what he was doing because it was something he desired to do. We put mad dogs to death because they are a danger.. I wish this mad dog to no longer be a threat to another human being in prison or on the street. I wish for him to never influence another person or have the opportunity to communicate his BS to others. Ive seen these murderers with their fans and their websites spewing their filth after convictions. I hope he is silenced. I hope justice is swift for this murderer and I truly hope that the families of the murdered people do not always have to see this little fool in their minds when they remember their loved ones. The medias fake pseudo-sensitivity to the families is sickening. Keep this on 24/7, pretend draconian laws will keep us safe from random freaks and use the victims as fodder for these laws being proposed... and make all kinds of BS excuses.. but its okay because they are so sorry for the families. Can you imagine not being able to turn on your TV for fear of seeing this filth?? Seeing your loved one or your child being just another crisis to be exploited?
There is a lifetime of pain for these survivors.. and the media will make sure they relive it.

All of our energy here has been spent on this piece of crap. I have read no updates on the Congresswomans condition, no fund raisers to help families bury their dead, no discussion of the child who was so promising and cut down, no word on the other wounded or dead.. we havent even spoken their names for Gods sake.. nothing but giving this idiot the attention he so craved. Im guilty too.. and ashamed of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

I have no beliefs. I either know or I don't know, which is one of the basics of honesty.

I reject the belief in karma due to the lack of evidence for its existence.
edit on 1/11/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

This is the stupidist thing I have ever read in my life anywhere:

"I have no beliefs."

Honest to God I am not trying to be mean. Or name call. But come on. Did you really mean that?

Please say you did not that.
edit on 11-1-2011 by mrvdreamknight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm the op.

That was not me in the two man debate.

But I'll gladly pray for you.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrvdreamknight

There has been no suggestion that he killed due to his non belief in anything,

I don't think he believed in Santa either, maybe that's why he started shooting people?

Glenn Beck said he was an atheist.

I was not surprised by this finding.

I never said the nutjob killed because of it - but evidently you must have.

If you are not making a point about a connection between "Athiest" and "psychotic killer", then what point are you trying to make?
Why would you not be surprised that he might or might not be an Athiest?
I genuinly don't understand?

If you actually took the time to read the first few posts you would see one in which I made my point responding to another poster:

"You just made it.

Believers and nonbelievers are all capable of horrendous crimes.

Atheists always imply directly or indirectly that they are rational and do not commit such crimes.

Obviously, that's utter nonsense but that's the bs they always spew."

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Yeah, it's very confusing. Lots of (mis)information and very little on the background of the suspect. From what I've read, the family pretty much kept to themselves, almost in a reclusive way. I read that the father may give a statement today. They must be totally freaked out. The day of the shooting, they apparently blockaded the front of the house with plywood. Paranoia is a genetic trait, not that anyone hasn't a right to be in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

There's no evidence that he was an atheist, and there's no evidence that Glenn Beck is an expert on anything except for showmanship. Even if he were an expert on something, you would still be using the logical fallacy of the argument from authority.

Even if this guy was an atheist, so what? Atheists do crappy things, so do theists. Why? Because people do crappy things. The end.

This thread is stupid and bigoted.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Glenn Beck is not a national expert on anything, except perhaps crying and shilling for a rip-off gold investment service. He is an entertainer, a poor one, but an entertainer nonetheless. That's why he has a tv show. No other reason. Don't try to pass off Glenn Beck's comments on anybody as some sort of expert knowledge.

As for atheism, it is a recognized philosophical path and has nothing to do with one's mental stability or lack thereof. Indeed, most of the atheists I know are firmly grounded in reality and working to make the world a better place to live now, not some "pie in the sky when I die by and by" future.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
His religious affiliation or lack thereof probably has very little to do with his crimes. I would say that his obvious mental disturbance has more to do with his murdering people than anything. There are naturally going to be nutjobs on all sides of the aisle, whether they are liberal or conservative, atheist or theist, young or old, straight or gay, or anything in between.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Does it really matter if he was an atheist, Christian, Jew, left, right, democrat, republican, ATS member, book reader, whatever?

No, it doesn't. He didn't kill those people because of his religious believes or the book he reads, he killed them because he's schizophrenic. Because of a disease, not because of dogmatic convictions.

So why are people seriously arguing about this? And worse, why are people arguing over something Glenn Beck said??

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
jarod was not an atheist. he was jewwish.

i LOVE when idiots like howard stern, bill mahar, etc all claim to be 'atheists' yet they bow and have unwavering support and love for izreal, which is a religious concept.

if you are jewwish, you are jewwish. because the media is run by the xionists, they promote their own, even if they claim to be 'atheists'

jarod was jewwish. why do you think he is getting so much press?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is getting rediculous!

You're actually saying the cause of his insanity is because he was an atheist?Really?
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

There's no evidence that he was an atheist, and there's no evidence that Glenn Beck is an expert on anything except for showmanship. Even if he were an expert on something, you would still be using the logical fallacy of the argument from authority.

Even if this guy was an atheist, so what? Atheists do crappy things, so do theists. Why? Because people do crappy things. The end.

This thread is stupid and bigoted.

Like your threads aren't stupid and bigoted?

That's why I don't post on yours anymore. Or at least the ones that are that way.

So please if one of my threads doesn't meet your standards than return the favor and don't post on it, ok?

BTW - I 100% agree with you that people do crappy things because 'all' people do crappy things.

But Glenn Beck has to have had his letter checked for facts that's why I used his information and not some crappy internet site. Whether you like it or not he has a staff which verifies his information. Does that make him an expert? IDK nor do I care. But until it is proven otherwise the assclown who mass murdered those innocent people was an atheist. Why does it bother you so much anyways?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join