It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He was an atheist"...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

yes the change of topic to Glenn Beck and his status or credibility, avoiding the true point of the topic so far in 4 pages of replies...

it's a classic you know, and a pattern which is seen day to day on ATS.

personally I will wait for the prison biography after his trial when we all get to hear his views from the horses mouth, that is if he is ever asked the question of his belief system.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

His belief or lack of belief doesn't matter one bit. Theists do bad things, atheists do bad things. Crazy thing? It seems that atheists are underrepresented in the prison system. I wonder why 10% of the population makes up around 1% of the prison population.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Um. A lower percent of the population will naturally mean a lower percentile of the that smaller population in prison.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well these are polarised times. Actually these are times of mindless polarity. Very little political or social thinking is done. Ideas are not judged on their merit but largely what side of the divide they generate from. So the Xtian Mr beck makes capital about an Atheist as if Xtians are all wonderful.
Very sad.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

His belief or lack of belief doesn't matter one bit. Theists do bad things, atheists do bad things. Crazy thing? It seems that atheists are underrepresented in the prison system. I wonder why 10% of the population makes up around 1% of the prison population.

agreed with your comment somewhat, but one little point needs to be made...

an Atheist prison inmate is one of the main reasons atheism has got notoriety in the eyes of the United States government as a religious institution and belief system.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by mrvdreamknight
All I said was, "Figures this insane dude was an atheist."

Do you not think that was enough to convey the message the people reading this seem to be getting? What do you suppose the above sentence says? How do you take this "Figures that child molestor was a Christian." Might that seem to intimate a causal link? Does that not seem judgemental and derissive? Honestly, what did you mean by it other than to claim that it would make sense to you that he killed because he was an atheist. I am having trouble finding any other way to read it.

Yes. I am aware of Christian bashing...any bashing...and that's exactly what would be happening if this assclown was a Christian.

My original post, "Figures this insane dude was an atheist.", was my original thought on the matter.

Maybe that shows some sinister plot or perhaps it was my original thought on the matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join