It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

I am British live here in uk,and gentlemen i love the u.s,i am sorry obama has
chosen to down grade us fro french but i guess my idiot forfathers in kenya
locked up his gran pappy,so i dont give a hoot about french my ally is the u.s
every time.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think the biggest problem other than a few posters here that lack correct info and my neighbor that did'nt know certain aspects about British/UK and American history is generally not being able to discern a decent beer or curry when you taste one much less rum and cider

but he did seem to like this scripture and some of the surrounding history, too bad he could'nt shoot pool very well either

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners.-Matt11
edit on 22-1-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

are you ENGLISH IRISH SCOTS OR WELSH? STOP BEING A BRIT MATE BECAUSE BELIEVE ME IT AIN'T WORTH IT! ARE YOU CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN PROTESTANT OR MUSLIM OR JEHOVAH? OR ARE YOU JUST YOURSELF MATE? IT DON'T MATTER YOU ARE GOING TO BE FORCED TO BECOME SOMETHING! ARE YOU A CAT OR A DOG MATE? ME I'M GOING TO BREAK FREE FROM THIS # SOON AND TRUST ME IT AIN'T A #ING LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN BEING WHAT I WANT TO BE, I JUST HOPE I DON'T END UP IN THE SAME PLACE AS EVERYONE ELSE LIKE THE BULL# CRAPPY BIBLE SAYS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SPEND FOREVER WITH THE SAME BULL# THAT MADE LIFE AND DEATH A LOAD OF BULL#, BE FREE X

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I used to like the British, just like I used to like the unmentionable nation.
Then reality TV came out and everything went to hell.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Suck it up !

Pwned !

edit on 28-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

edit on 28-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

GAH...what the hell is that animal in your avatar
... I want it.
edit on 29-1-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
little history lesson...

the British burned Washington D.C.

the French gave us the Statue of Liberty and helped mold our revolution.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

How long ago was that?

Are any of the people responsible still alive?

Should the relations between two nations be decided over something which happeneds so long ago when times were different?

Pics or it didn't happen!

edit on 29/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I never said I disliked British people

seems America got the best of them anyway, besides their not putting out much anymore except for the likes of Richard Dawkins and Ricky Gervais

and we have better comedy...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by woogleuk

and we have better comedy...

Cartoon comedy yes, but I know plenty of Americans who would disagree with you there.................British comedy cannot be beaten, and I say that without bias, I watch both American and Brit coms, but I will give you the cartoons, Family guy, American dad, South park, the old simpsons before it went dull (been watching since 1989, it's lost it).
edit on 29/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Mostly just Americans who were under former British Colonial rule (ie, from Kenya before it gained independence).

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I visit New York and Vegas every year and I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I see no discernable difference between Americans and the Brits except on one tiny point... Americans dont understand the concept of irony! Oh yeh, nearly forgot.. British news such as the BBC and Sky report mostly on whats happening in other countries while American news seems to be totally obsessed with whats happening in America!
Americans and brits are great people...However, our governments are utter garbage...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Manchester United FC is the only thing I hate from Britain!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

To be honest i cant see your point. As an American i got the opposite experience, i have never met anyone who DOESNT like the british empire. First of all, what is it to hate? Its also impossible to read history withouth talking about the british empire. They have done what many other nation could not,and have been a very important part in almost well everything.

I like british people,they are like our brothers in arm.

The world is filled with idiots, they will start a fight even if it makes sense or not. Some humans are tards,some are not. Its pure logic.

When it comes to Bush, he only "played" dumb. If you check out his experience both in economystrategy ect you will see that he beats even Donald Trumph in a 10 seconds flat.

To become a president or similar even in the most retarded country you must have certain skills. Skills that the everyday man do NOT have
=. You can blame the rulers of usa or britain as much as you want,but trust me on this. They know what they are doing, even though some parts might be of lesser moral standard.

Try play Fable 3
Will you sacrifice 4 million people out of 6 million to save the world and live on happy
.. or will you make every single one of those 6 millions happY
and satisfied for a while, then go bankrupt and all die
?

Easy to be a ruler huh?NOT

What most of you DO NOT think about is that, the entire world leaders in 1956 gathered together in a meeting for the good of mankind in the future. Those choices made back then is a "pact" wich the attending countries have to follow, even per today. Every US president since 1956 has held their part of the bargain,and we should all be thankful for that. Well exept JFK, he thought some of it were of lesser moral value,so he wanted to inform the news about what was going on. Well he got "replaced",RIP otherwise brilliant man.

The pact was about everything from the Earths own resources, economy in differenent times,War (cause war=profit),propaganda,the change in the solar system ect,....

And this my fellow ATS`ers. This is not simple choices.

God Bless America
edit on 2-2-2011 by Archirvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

id love to get my hands on a british chick id just have her talk all day cuz that accent is sexy lol

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
As an American, I find the British people to be quite charming. Many Americans find it to be comical they still have a queen who doesn't really do anything. Tradition is fine, but the Queen thing is out of date with our international relations.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RisingPhoenix33

And many British find it comical that so many American's seem obsessed with The Queen considering she does nothing and doesn't affect them in any single way whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

id love to get my hands on a british chick id just have her talk all day cuz that accent is sexy lol

Which British accent?
West country, brummy, cockney, geordie, manc, scouse, glaswegian, south welsh, north welsh, black country, south yorks, east yorks, west yorks, and all the others I can't be bothered to type, lol

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Thinking of this, I'm British and I dont like all Brits as we come in all shape and forms... I've yet to be able to understand anyone from Birmingham and wonder if they really are speaking English? The north Welsh are a strange brood who only speak their national language when in the company of someone from England, and cockneys, or the cock-a-knees, I'm pretty sure have their own language which amusingly enough rhymes!
Its impossible to like everyone from a single country as we are all individuals...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I know this is kind of off topic, but I feel I must share my opinion. I am a Swede who resided in the States for a couple of years to attend university. Now, I am never one to make generalizations. I observe and come to conclusions based on individual cases only. However, while I was residing in the States I noticed a disturbing 'trend' amongst some of the American people. It appeared they had a major problem with foreigners in general. Considering America was founded by foreigners, it dumbfounded me. It seemed like some of them preferred to keep the country 100% American, whatever that means! Now, do I think all Americans think like that? Of course not. But to deny that all don't hate/dislike foreigners is just plain ignorant.
On the other hand, I can say the same thing about Sweden. Most Americans, again in my opinion, have a false stereotype about us Swedes. For example all of our women are named Inge, we all hug trees/hippies, we hate capitalism, etc. These beliefs are totally false. So, I guess what I am trying to say is that stereotypes somehow become fact if enough people believe in them. Which is wrong and a false ideology. The only reasons I believe people make false assumptions is because something personal happened to them or they are simply uneducated.
God Bless America and God Bless England. I love both of those beautiful countries

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join