It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

With regards to U.S cuisine I wanna try anything with 'gumbo' or 'jumbalia' or other such awesome namage.

Pecan Pie rocked my world I reckon the U.S could have some gems ready to eat!

You can't beat good indian food though, I loooooovvveeee a good curry, but be warned there is a huge sifference between an excellence curry and a #e one - for one a great curry is rarley greasy.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I think it was Balti that was invented in the UK, I also heard that Korma was invented here, but by an Indian chappy.
I'll look into it when I get time.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
Any country that has the wherewithal to give the world Newcastle Brown Ale is a-okay in my book. Don't let the kookier individuals here get to you.

Newky Brown! I thought the Geordies invented that as a joke on the unsuspecting new beer drinkers!

I rate it alongside Tartan Special. Give me a pint of hand pulled real ale any day : Taylors Landlord from Yorkshire (my home county) Hmmmmm. Just damn difficult to get it up here in Scotland.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Every country has some other country that have been more influential than others. Just like in the country Norway that once was under the union with Sweden. Its some kinde of upbringing norm to believe that swedish people, in our eyes, are naive and stupid. This has actually been evolving to the point where the swedish people look at us in the same way, offcourse with the viking as an example of our apparently genetically rage, even thoug the viking was just as influential in their own country.

With USA and UK there is no reason to explain because you all know what i'm talking about. UK stands for the traditional in many american eyes. Or so i think at least

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Personally, I hold a bit of a grudge against the English, but it's not because I'm a xenophobic American, but because of old sores in Ireland that won't heal. That doesn't mean I look at every English person with hate, everyone's got an equal opportunity in my book

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I like the British, would love to visit one day. Now the French on the other hand...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
American girls love the English, atleast thats what I found out from my time in Oregon

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't really understand why the OP would think the Americans don't like the people in the U.K. You are our ally and our friend in my book. My wife is Irish and my best friend in the world is from Staffordshire.. I am not trying to buddy up and kiss the U.K's ass, im just telling the truth. I have friends from different Countries. I don't judge a book by its cover, i judge from whats inside.

U.K and Ireland have killer brew also. Boddingtons Pub Ale, Murphy's Stout, and Guinness of course.
edit on 14-1-2011 by SKinLaB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

Not to be a pedant, but Murphy's and Guinness are not UK brews.Murphy's is brewed in the UK under license, but both are Irish brands originally. My favourite UK brew is Samuel Smiths Organic Ale. It is outstanding and available here in the US. It would be a sin not to try it if you already haven't ! They make a porter and a lager too.
edit on 14-1-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
reply to post by SKinLaB

Not to be a pedant, but Murphy's and Guinness are not UK brews.Murphy's is brewed in the UK under license, but both are Irish brands originally. My favourite UK brew is Samuel Smiths Organic Ale. It is outstanding and available here in the US. It would be a sin not to try it if you already haven't ! They make a porter and a lager too.
edit on 14-1-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

Fixed. My bad. You are right. I just asked the Wife and she cussed me out. I have drank the Samuel Smith Oatmeal stout before. Its good but not worth 10 bucks for a 4 pack.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKinLaB
I don't really understand why the OP would think the Americans don't like the people in the U.K. You are our ally and our friend in my book. My wife is Irish and my best friend in the world is from Staffordshire.. I am not trying to buddy up and kiss the U.K's ass, im just telling the truth. I have friends from different Countries. I don't judge a book by its cover, i judge from whats inside.

U.K and Ireland have killer brew also. Boddingtons Pub Ale, Murphy's Stout, and Guinness of course.

Raise your hand if your also from Staffordshire...

Raises hand*

edit on 14-1-2011 by Trapt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
For our British friends-please take this in fun.I stumbled across this tonight and just had to share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Same could be said for many nations including the united states.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I think one of the more positive aspects to us Brits is that we have the ability to laugh at ourselves and not take ourselves too seriously. Most of us anyway.

So yeah, I found your post somewhat amusing. I certainly didn't take any offense!

edit on 14-1-2011 by Trapt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I love Brits because of the EPL! Without that league I'd be stuck watching the MLS, or the two-team "La Liga," gasp! Not to sound cocky or anything, but I am pretty sure I could walk onto a MLS team and score a goal my first game...

If I ever travel to the U.K. the main reason will be to watch a match at Old Trafford, while getting drunk and rowdy with you wankers.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Visit Anfield on a European night instead, you'll experience a far better atmosphere!

Our league is really tight this year, more than any other time the 'lesser' clubs are beating the one's at the top.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yes, but not as much as we did in the 1776

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

I'm not the biggest Liverpool fan, but I'll watch because Torres is insanely gifted. Besides, the Reds are gonna be out of the Champions League and European competition for at least the next two years.

However, I do hope they get back to the top echelon soon, so he doesn't leave them for a Spanish club.

My dream matchup to see live would be either ManU. vs Chelsea, or ManU. vs Tottenham.
Gimme Drogba or Bale with a ManU win and I’ll be happy.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Quite correct! Liverpool are set to miss out on Champions League football again for next season at least. Torres is having a poor season by his own high standards, as are the team on the whole, but form is temporary and class is permanent as we say over here.

And United play Spurs at White Hart Lane (always a great atmosphere there) this very Sunday, should be a cracking game.

Anyway, this is totally off-topic and as a relatively new poster I don't fancy getting my first telling off.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

Nonsense! Brits and Yanks getting along should be applauded by the OP!

I don't get that Spur-ManU game live, but I do get a replay later on next week. Just set it to record. Thanks for the heads up!

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join