It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am new here, but I am wondering about the appropriateness of the thread, as regards linking Mr. Loughner with ATS user erad3.

Here's what the privacy policy says:

At no time do we attempt to reconcile any information you provide (including your IP address as indicated below) with offline identity or other personal information.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by EarthwormJim

Yeah!!! Weird posts indeed. Jeez. I hope someone hunderstood what he was talking about so they can explain to me what the hell that was...dang!!! Hey...Jared Lee Laughner. is this a coincidance

John Wilkes Booth shot Lincoln
Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK
Mark David Chapman shot Lennon
James Earl Ray shot MLK Jr.

All three names again...huh?! Has anybody made that connection yet? Or am I just reaching here..

then explain Sirhan Sirhan

that is a redundant 1st name or an echo...
yeah, those of us who've been around, have had the 3 christian name thing pointed out a gazillion times

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as far as the thread in general... there must be something to be said for its continued longevity...

and you can likely find the appropriate thing to say from this list of sayings : kehillatisrael.net...
edit on 11-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
(Love your location BTW. 'under the radar' . Same can't be said for erad3. that person is definitely not under the radar anymore. erad3 is up high on a pedestal with all lights shining on them. but I suppose they did ask for it.)

Oh, you "suppose"?

Here's a hint. Shoot 18 people at a public gathering, you're likely not going to be afforded much protection from anywhere.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthwormJim
Jeez you almost sound just like him

Can you clerify this Jim?

who sounds just like him?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I still would like to know why Johnny Seagull referred to erad / loughner as they.? Do you know something?Is there a group?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I am new to this site, and happy I found it. I have always been interested in conspiracy type stuff.

I just finished reading all of erad3's posts. They are very strange to say the least. The way he seems obsessed with deductive and inductive reasoning, which apparently he lacked and reasoning at all. Something about this case has seemed a bit off since we started getting info on this guy, who I am 100% confident is the same guy from the posts here. It could be a case of mental illness coupled with drug abuse, but I don't know, it seems a little to cut and dry for me. I just have this gut feeling there is a lot more than meets the eye here. Brainwashing comes to mind, I believe he thought he was being brainswashed somehow through grammar. Has anyone else had any strong gut feelings about this guy? I look into his face in the new police photos released and something is seriously wrong with the guy, what happened to him?

Sorry just thinking out loud here, I've been readin his posts and other related info for hours now.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

(Love your location BTW. 'under the radar' . Same can't be said for erad3. that person is definitely not under the radar anymore. erad3 is up high on a pedestal with all lights shining on them. but I suppose they did ask for it.)

Oh, you "suppose"?

Here's a hint. Shoot 18 people at a public gathering, you're likely not going to be afforded much protection from anywhere.

From this comment it seems that you stating that erad3 shot the 18 people.

Where is your proof that erad3 is Loughner? I think it is only fair you provide proof after making a statement like that.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You were writing a few pages back in that logical contradictory counter contradictory way .

+56 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I appreciate that you admit now that ATS will no longer stay silent and that you are prepared to go public and to the press with members information.

This is an exceptionally unique and highly tragic situation in which we find ourselves -- and an incredibly tough call on our part.

At no point did we ever provide any personal information specific to his account (IP, email, etc.) to anyone.

Connections to erad3's postings here and Loughners opinions elsewhere we rampant on the Internet on Sunday... and expanding quickly Monday morning. It would have been easy to take the what we feel would have been the "coward's way out" and remove his posts and threads so as to prevent a potential unkind light. However, that approach isn't compatible with out altruistic approach to online content, and certainly not in the spirit of "denying ignorance."

We decided that the best service to the public interest was not to hide from this issue and ensure erad3's comments where available so as to provide opportunity for accurate reporting and prevent speculation about the topics he may have discussed here -- especially if those topics were suddenly absent. And in doing so, we needed to form our own opinion as to the probability that "erad3" is Loughner.

Our staff was unanimous in support of this very, very tough call on the heels of an incredible tragedy from which many people are stiff suffering.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Oh ok. Then that answers my question...;-)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
How are you Site Owner..I'll be very quiet so no one hears me but..you should really get in the ATS 2011 mood.ha

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by disruptor74
I just finished reading all of erad3's posts. They are very strange to say the least. The way he seems obsessed with deductive and inductive reasoning, which apparently he lacked and reasoning at all. Something about this case has seemed a bit off since we started getting info on this guy, who I am 100% confident is the same guy from the posts here. It could be a case of mental illness coupled with drug abuse, but I don't know, it seems a little to cut and dry for me. I just have this gut feeling there is a lot more than meets the eye here. Brainwashing comes to mind, I believe he thought he was being brainswashed somehow through grammar. Has anyone else had any strong gut feelings about this guy? I look into his face in the new police photos released and something is seriously wrong with the guy, what happened to him?.

I quite agree, disruptor. I have the same feeling that something deeper is happening here. erad3 certainly has a compulsive way of posting, and "grammar" or the use of language is a recurring theme. The ideas of hypnosis, or post-hypnotic suggestion, brainwashing, mind-control, etc., have all entered my mind as well. Based on the little I've read so far, Loughner went from a somewhat normal stoner-doofus-slacker to a ranting lunatic, all after applying and being rejected by the Army, which is itself a bit surprising. (I know they said it was because he failed a drug test, but believe me, it's hard to find any young man who's not smoking weed these days.)

Within this particular thread, there are actually two lines of discussion. One line of discussion, which I hope could be separated into its own thread, is "what's going on in the head of Loughner, who might be ATS user erad3?" and the other is "should ATS mods have linked Loughner with ATS user erad3?". I've made comments related to both lines of discussion.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
To support what Bill has said above, before we (Bill or I) had a clue there may be a connection between ATS and Jared Loughner there was already over 4,000 returns on a Google search of that user name and the suspect's name speculating he was based on research done on Reddit.com.

The speculation was building at rapid pace on Sunday morning and we had to make a very difficult decision regarding a horrid tragedy. Do we ignore the speculation or do we look into it and make a judgment call? We asked our trusted staff and got a unanimous decision.

The evidence is overwhelming and, in my opinion obvious, that erad3 and Jerad Loughner are one in the same. Read his 131 posts here, his posts elsewhere and review his YouTube videos and decide for yourself.

When faced with having to make a decision related to such a terrible tragedy we decided to be as transparent as possible.

Springer...

edit on 1-11-2011 by Springer because: clarity

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by St Udio

Oh ok. Then that answers my question...;-)

please....clear it up some

was it clearer for you with post on page 23

was it clearer for you on post on page 24

~~~~~~~~~~logging out till maybe 7PM today (2 hrs plus)

edit on 11-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

At no point did we ever provide any personal information specific to his account (IP, email, etc.) to anyone.

We decided that the best service to the public interest was not to hide from this issue and ensure erad3's comments where available so as to provide opportunity for accurate reporting and prevent speculation about the topics he may have discussed here -- especially if those topics were suddenly absent. And in doing so, we needed to form our own opinion as to the probability that "erad3" is Loughner.

I beseech thee, be not angry, if I speak yet once more: Forming and then publicizing an opinion with regard to a user being a specific individual, regardless of whether personal account information was provided to law enforcement or others who took an interest, appears to me to violate your privacy policy. The policy speaks of "reconciling" information, not necessarily releasing it.

Was the information of ATS user erad3, specifically the user's IP address somehow reconciled with public information about Mr. Loughner (his home address, for example)? It seems, from a quote from a newspaper, upthread, it was.
edit on 11-1-2011 by DeusVult because: typo

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for your response.

I just thought ATS would have stayed silent on something like this. Like I said in a much earlier post I can understand ATS speaking to necessary authorities if approached. I am a little surprised that ATS decided to launch a thread like this on the matter.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here's the quote from the Washington Post:

Now - based on the language in his postings, and information about where he logged on- the site's operators believe Erad3 was accused Arizona shooter Jared Lee Loughner, 22.

emphasis added

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeusVult

Absolutely not, we don't know his home address.

"Reconcile" as used in the TAC, means digitally associating any member's IP address with their activity on the site to a third party (typically ad networks). We never released his IP address to anyone.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hoagy1199

not to make light of the whole thing but my first thought was sloth from the goonies.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Site Owner...You are very close to a traffic explosion. I heard FOX NEWS use "Aflockolypse". That phrase was here first. The way the events of the last few days have unfolded. I am almost sure FOX NEWS is reading right off your site. People are looking for a place to get the real truth. Even if you have to dig for it. I have one word for you...Drudge.

Best of Luck,

reply to post by SkepticOverlord

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join