It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Toronto Star has the police mug shot of Loughren blown up big on the front page of today's issue and speaking as a former fan of songs like "Don't Bogart That Joint My Friend", I have to tell you, his pupils look very dilated to me. Just sayin'.
edit on 11-1-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
In examining the rapid decline of this person's faculties...an inability to even compose coherent or internally consistent thoughts or ideas...I have to imagine that there was some profound breakdown of his mental capacity from a biological perspective. His friends didn't say he was "out there" as much as they said he stopped making sense altogether. He seemed to feel that "grammer" was a mind control method and even in articulating that theorey he was unable to communicate coherent sentences or thoughts.

In this context I agree...He wasn't a healthy individual driven to the edge who committed some act at a breaking point. He seems to have lost all rationality at a fundemtal biological level. It wasn't movies or outside influences that drove him to this in some psychologically vulnerable moment...it was a rapid and profound internal decay of his faculties IMO. At that stage he was just walking tragedy waiting to touch down.

I personally would like to see some links to the evidence that Mr. Loughner underwent a sudden, profound shift in cognition or intellectual functioning. This, if true, points to something fundamentally different than a life-long socio- or psychopath escalating his behavior to finally commit murder. Something called MK Ultra springs to mind...

Here's a link that suggests Loughner was obsessed with "dreaming":

abcnews.go.com...

According to the article, Loughner "got in too deep" with lucid dreaming..

Indeed..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by MMPI2

Proven wrong? You said he was a democrat, and said I was wrong when I said he was a registered independent. I proved that he was in fact a registered independent, on paper, and you still say I'm wrong, and that he's a democrat, and cite a classmate, and political leanings of his family as your proof? Okay. So, ones political leanings automatically align with that of people in their families? I wasn't aware of that. And again, he could have been left leaning on some issues, as we all are, that doesn't mean he leans one way or the other in general. Also, I was under the impression he didn't talk much to his classmates, he either blurted out random angry stuff, or was dead quiet, which was why they were all scared of him.

Sorry, pal. Kindly, you need to go do some more reading - and thinking.

If I write on a piece of paper that I am Santa Claus and can magically float down chimneys, does that make it true?

Actions will always speak louder than words...especially words written in most likely a perfunctory manner on a standardized government form. Loughner acted, thought and spoke like a democrat according to a woman who knew him. His family is a democrat family. He corresponded on paper and in person somewhat frequently with a democratic representative and saved the return correspondence from her office.

These actions speak much louder than him scribbling a few meaningless words on a piece of paper.

What do you have to say about his actions with regards to gun control?

-rrr

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Well I guess it's a crucial time for ATS, both for moderators and members alike.

Now are you gonna hand most of us over to the authorities, or stay true to the basic principles of FREE SPEECH and answer the FBI by simply telling them that you, as moderators, are not responsible for the personal declarations and views of ATS members, just like most newspapers do, and refuse to hand them personal infos, as per your official policy.

Since you have the authority as moderators here, it's up to you to be either defenders of freedom, or collaborators of the Gestapo (or the Stasi... or the KGB).

Freedom or slavery, it's your choice. Pick one, while you still have it (if you DO still have it as you read this).

"Freedom" means you'll most probably get into a lot of hardcore legal fighting for long-term benefits, while "slavery" means you might be ok for now, but you never know when you gonna end up in solitary confinement or just DEAD, after days of torture, over what will come down to a simple choice of words in what you say to friends. Remember that "1984"'s Winston was a bureaucrat of the party, doing functions that are strangely similar to the job you are doing here. While some nasty guys here like to pretend being "O'Brian", they aren't. They'll be killed, like the rest of the sheeps. And then the few families who are on top of the pyramid, of the system, will have all of the planet for themselves... that, if you choose to collaborate with them.

As for me, and others, I already made my choice up a long time ago. Either I live longer and free, or I die in a blaze of glory fighting an Enemy that's a million times bigger than me. In two cases, this will be "epic win"!

Are we screwed as ATS members, now that ATS moderators might hand over any data they have on our posting history? Perhaps, perhaps not...

I'm sure that many of us here were already prepared for the worst, and now it's happening. It was predictable, especially given the ever shadowy nature of ATS itself.

As always, we rise up united, or fall divided.

War!

edit on 11/1/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

my sentiments exactly, sometimes my words are harsh. but she is not above anyone else, and certainly below that little girl that got it. sometime the innocent are hurt as well.

i cannot go along with the idea that he was mentally ill based on the fact that some people have said it, he may have other reasons. the rest of this is just fluff that i pretty much dont read anyway.

infowar.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusVult
I personally would like to see some links to the evidence that Mr. Loughner underwent a sudden, profound shift in cognition or intellectual functioning.

There are many, but here is the first I googled up

www.foxnews.com...

Loughner's Meltdown Began in Adulthood, Those Near Him Say

"I don't recall anything of any significance with that individual," Faidley said, other than that he was involved in the school band program.

As for Loughner's descent, his problems seem to have started to mount after he dropped out of Mountain View High School in 2006. It's unclear whether his behavior seriously startled anyone in the years immediately following, but after attending a local transitional school and then enrolling in Pima Community College, his classmates and his professors noticed something was wrong with Loughner.

Last year may have been a breaking point.
"I think he slowly descended in a psychotic break. Something in him snapped. He wasn't always like this," she wrote.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Are we screwed as ATS members, now that ATS moderators might hand over any data they have on our posting history? Perhaps, perhaps not...

Uh... anyone can see anyone's posting history here. It's a public forum, and it's the reason people post. If there's something you don't want to be seen or read, don't post it here. That would just be silly.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

pfft if you got really info posted on this site your not so smart.

personally i proxy proxy, and you got some temp email....

so give my stuff away... this is such a lame turn on a good topic.... but it figures.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Uh... anyone can see anyone's posting history here. It's a public forum, and it's the reason people post. If there's something you don't want to be seen or read, don't post it here. That would just be silly.

Sure!

But IP addresses, home addresses, phone numbers and names... this is where moderators have a privileged access, haven't they?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Sure!

But IP addresses, home addresses, phone numbers and names... this is where moderators have a privileged access, haven't they?

IP Addresses? maybe, but probably can be tracked much more easily outside of ATS.

Home address and phone number? unless you gave it to ATS, they have no way to have it any more than any other random entity. Your ISP however is another story, they literally know where you live and handle all your traffic.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Maybereal, I hope my post asking for evidence didn't come across as a challenge to the veracity of your claim. That wasn't my intent at all. I should have said, I'd be very interested to see and discuss the information documenting the shift in Loughner's behavior, a time line so to speak. It seems Mr. Loughner dropped out of school, tried to join the Army but was rejected (2008). Sometime between then and September 29, 2010, when he got kicked out of a community college, he became somehow cognitively dysfunctional. Perhaps we need a thread just about this. Alas, I am but a newbie and couldn't start one myself.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We don't have access to personally identifying information unless someone shares it, and I'm not aware of where that's happened or why it would. No one's ever directly given me any personal information, outside of a couple of staff members I've communicated with, and I've never asked.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
And yeah... I never was so dumb as to call for outright political violence here. On ATS like anywhere else on the net, it's not very clever. Political violence is a fact of daily reality, and not virtual reality. Agents of the the State know this, even though some will not recognize it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Not to be captain obvious here....

But at the very least...if monitoring ATS was already somewhere on the govs to-do list in the context of finding potential threats, I imagine ATS has been bumped up on the list after this.

Like I said before...nothing in erad3's posts hinted as to his future actions so there might not be a logical premise for monitoring ATS, but the gov often operates in a cover-your-ass fashion in these matters and will have eyes on ATS for while all the same.

Just an observation.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I imagine

As is your right. Personally, I don't know any more than you do about what the government is or isn't doing. Speculation runs rampant. I don't worry too much about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Weed doesn't dilate your pupils. It may cause your eyes to be bloodshot and tired looking, but not dilated or glassy like his. I thought the same thing though, that his eyes were dilated and glassy, that most likely means he took '___', or has been up a few days on meth. Cannabis does not cause people to react violently, the other two can though. The perma-grin on his face kinda smacks of tripping on '___'...
edit on 11-1-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fianna
i cannot go along with the idea that he was mentally ill based on the fact that some people have said it, he may have other reasons.

Go read some of his posts though, then you'll see it. Also, his teacher said some days he was quiet, and didn't say a word, other days he would blurt out angry statements, and threaten others...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeusVult

No worries. I am a big fan of sources, links etc. I didn't se your request as a challenge, but rather an opportunity to back up my claim and learn a little in the process.

I guess in the end what I am saying is that I have seen people pushed to the edge and breaking point. I have known folks that simply couldn't endure a succession of tragedies or similiar stuff and ended up needing real help to get better.

Those people while being momentarily irrational, depressed or angry are usually still intact in their basic cognitive functions. Jared doesn't look that way to me. His descent appears to have been fixed and not dependant on circumstances. His basic communication skills and general reasoning seemed to erode quickly. In my opinion it speaks to a severe chemical/biological/physical issue. Nature not nurture.

It is the difference between someon who says something like...

There is an angel that visits me each night, brings me donuts and speaks to me about god...

vs.

Angel, God GG.answer .321 see them speak. Listener want you!!!!

Loughner's posts, vids, writings recently skewed to the latter of that spectrum...something was fundementally wrong.

I am no Doc...just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

We don't have access to personally identifying information unless someone shares it, and I'm not aware of where that's happened or why it would. No one's ever directly given me any personal information, outside of a couple of staff members I've communicated with, and I've never asked.

Well if you say so, I won't complain!

But not even IP adresses?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I imagine

Personally, I don't know any more than you do about what the government is or isn't doing. Speculation runs rampant. I don't worry too much about it.

A unique view on ATS

Yes...pure speculation on my part, but not unrealistic IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join