It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret's Out: Internet Media Is Beginning to Report That Jared Loughner Is a Member Of Abovetop

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I'm by no means convinced and just outlined some of the reasons in the new BOT thread. I think some people are forgetting it hasn't been confirmed that this ATS account belonged to the shooter. And even if it did, as someone stated, he didn't talk about ANY of the same stuff here as in YouTube. To my knowledge neither has it been confirmed that the YouTube one or the MySpace one did. I'm not holding my breath that we'll ever get that confirmation or the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
IF the media "reports" on his ATS involvement, it will not be positive. Most of us know this. Why?
Because ATS represents a threat to MSM and the government. ATS has the entire spectrum of members, from PHDs to the erad3's of the world and by engaging, something can be learned. MSM pushes conformity and is driven by government and corporate interests, with no organic interaction. They will cherry pick other members and will have little trouble putting membership here in a bad light. Most of the public doesn't think for themselves and/or are easily manipulated by a stupid frown or smirk from the news personalities and there you have it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IC 11:11
Can anyone smell a manchurian candidate that would do something so as to take aim shutting down sites just like this and stealing a way from us the 2nd amendment?

It sure does feel like it since the MSM and Politicos in Washington are quick and anxious to jump on it(tragedy and news) and use it to their advantage as if they were anticipating anxiously (due to possible pre-planning) for the bad news.
edit on 11-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yay for the owners of ATS, free publicity!

Regardless, its not as though establishment hacks and corporate media stooges aren't aware of ATS. Based on establishment themed threads and corporate media mantras, they've been here for quite some time.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The most powerful numerology all stems from the death of the child. Now, how in the hell would this shooter know that the kid would be there? That boggles the mind how it could have all been prearranged, because that's a lot of coordination and manipulation.

And for what gain?

reply to post by Raider of Truth

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Yay for the owners of ATS, free publicity!

Regardless, its not as though establishment hacks and corporate media stooges aren't aware of ATS. Based on establishment themed threads and corporate media mantras, they've been here for quite some time.

Well if the publicity is postiive then its well and good. If its negative, then it certainly portrays ATS as a bad website to be associated with in the eyes of the public and the ones who do not understand ATS. Something doesnt sound and smell right with the time frame and several recent pieces of news surrounding Internet Information Censorship and Control circulating in the political world.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Not whats being suggested at all . If you post clearly and in a lucid and logical manner, then theres no evidence that you are off the rocker, chasing the dream sheep, or in any other way imbalanced in the mind.
However, if the fellows posts are anything to go by Jared was so far wrong in the head, that he couldnt even string a scentence together without falling over his logic, AND his ability to communicate effectively. Damage to both these abilities is evidence of a mental disfunction , and thats why it is thought that he is slightly mad.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
just in case some of those mainstream media journalists are roaming through the pages, I would like to reiterate....

your newscasts seem to give me the impression that you are having a hard time finding good stories. Browse through the threads here on ats, I am sure you will find some great stories to replace those dull and boring stories about the life of superstar X.

We are all here, browsing mainly because we don't really care that much about superstar X, we care about weather the bank will come along and foreclose on our fully paid off house tomorrow, weather we could conceivably find ourselves learning that we've been paying the wrong company all this time and have some strange bank come at us with foreclosure after that final payment. We wonder if the body scanners might make us sick.
The lack of real information coming from the mainstream media, or unbelievable stories about fireworks causing flocks of birds to fall from the sky dead, (sorry, been on this earth for over 50 years, been to alot of fireworks, so have everyone else....if the birds were having a problem with them, I am sure, most of us would either be an eyewitness to such an event, or know of someone who has!
it opens up a ripe ground for all the conspiracies to begin with.
Please do you jobs....

and ummm.....there's alot of investigating reporting going on here...
I think there's some up and coming journalists, or at least people who want to be....
hint, hint.....

I agree with you. I've been browsing this site just because it has interesting view points and news which MSM never really gets to it or does get to it at some point in time which is much later then ATS. I never really commented on posts or posted any topics until 2 days ago. The news on most of TV News channels and News Magazine Websites are boring and pathetic.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I just got off the phone with a reporter on the National Desk with the Washington Post who had some very kind comments about ATS, and ended up asking more questions about the site than Jared/erad3.

He was impressed with the tonality and quality of posts here, even though some of the topics were "pretty far out," to use his words.

Whenever we've had direct contact with members of the media, feedback on ATS has always ranged from positive to outright astonishment over the quality of posts and range of content. I don't think members should be concerned.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If you rearrange erad3 you get 3ared.

That's Jared spelled with a 3...just saying.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Seeker, what you say about people ALL simply looking for the truth is categoricaly not the case. In the case of persons who have an established mental issue, very often they arent looking for answers, but trying to force a warped version of events on other people.
Jared , reportedly a member of this site, is alleged to have written some of the posts here on ATS . I have reveiwed the thread which the ownership and staff began , which showcases his "work". The fellow was clearly ill educated and possibly suffering from lack of sleep, evidenced by the content of his posts which had been connecting apparantly random events together in terms which the membership could not follow.

Now , this was not your run of the mill confusion over the intent of a post. This young American man had posted his contribution to the site, using grammar and terms which utterly defied the membership with regard to deciphering his meaning. In short, these were not the sayings of a man of sound mind and character, but the ramblings of a man who had quite literaly lost his mind.

That he went ahead and shot a bunch of people is a tradgedy, and while we cannot witchunt those of less than sound mental persuasion , because that would be immoral, we must be prepared to accept the possibility that some of our number are not firing with all cylinders , and adapt to that reality.

This website is a community. It has all the interactions of a society , in that there are persons from every walk of life posting and reading here. In amongst this number then, it would be improbable that no mentaly disturbed individuals might crop up from time to time.

Like a society then , we must deal with these people with compassion, respect, and understanding and crucialy, we must where we can see if there is a way to soothe persons who are exhibiting signs of dangerous psychological damage, and see if we can help them get the assistance with thier issues, that they so sorely require.

Thanks for your response. I applaud your post's ending part, and that's where it really matters, to live up to the motto of this site. We must respect the freedom of speech, and it means everyone, and in the end, it is up to the readers' discernment to dish out the BS from the facts, and to dig even deeper to search for the truth.

Only in truths will we be set free. There is no smoke without fire, and if we can fully convince with facts or reason/logic that there is or there is no fire with no reasonable doubts, then and only then can the smoke be finally snuff out, irregardless if the poster is stephen hawkins, touted the most intelligent man currently on earth, or a long time inmate locked up in a mental ward. They too, are our fellow humans. And that's where empathy and patience for fellow mankind comes into play, to build a world where none gets left behind.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I just got off the phone with a reporter on the National Desk with the Washington Post who had some very kind comments about ATS, and ended up asking more questions about the site than Jared/erad3.

He was impressed with the tonality and quality of posts here, even though some of the topics were "pretty far out," to use his words.

Whenever we've had direct contact with members of the media, feedback on ATS has always ranged from positive to outright astonishment over the quality of posts and range of content. I don't think members should be concerned.

Its good to know. I am sure there are plenty of good reporters out there. Majority of the public (brainwashed by MSM) in general and commercial MSM relying on shock and awe reporting sponsorship might publish anything to get clicks/ratings/views at the cost of ATS (Especially at the time when magazines/newspapers are a dyeing industry or already many of them are dead).

On another thought, another reason to censor or monitor the internet using unique ID is to control the flow of news when really needed (during the time of WAR) and to be able to precisely point and shutdown the 'troublemaker'. In another words countries that are participating or interested in censorship wants just that for the same reasons? so that in time of WAR, the leakage of information to the enemy is controlled/can be controlled? sometime in the future (2012 and beyond? ).

So far the net has not been advantageous to the politicos when it comes to WAR in the middle east since it exposed a large amount of conflict specific information which was impossible to obtain lets say in WWII. With the net, the world has indeed become a small place for information exchange. Just imagine if the internet was available during WWII. What would be the outcome?

Sure there were speculations and predictions for the big chess game but with the internet, the room to turn the speculations/predictions/rumors into facts or evidence is greater leaving most government to either deny or buy out the MSM to deny the truth and secure the votes of the public which surfs freely on the net.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I'm a bit slow to the mark here, but felt compelled to post quickly, (and apologize if any of this has been previously mentioned, or if it's considered 'off-topic') so it could be followed up on if anyone's interested.
I was just casually checking ATS recent posts section, and noticed several threads related to Loughner, and the shooting. I'd heard about it in passing but not paid a lot of attention to it, but as it seemed to be such a hot topic, I thought I'd do a Google search and get some background info. After hitting on a couple of short video clips, I ran across a link to an ABC News channel, (abcnews.go.com). The title of the report is, "inside Jared Lee Loughner's Mind". I pressed the play arrow and the scene opened on a young bushy haired guy, 'daydreaming' on a couch, fading to a scene of the 'interior of a brain', with some hot bikini chicks being chased out by a guy dressed up as a stomach.... Pilsbury Pizza Pop advertisement! At first I thought it was a joke, but then it was followed by the news piece. Not sure whether this was just an odd coincidence, or somebodies sick sense of humor, but I'd found it in rather poor taste. When this piece was finished, it was followed once again by the Pilsbury ad, and then onto another related story, where they compared Loughner to other 'loners', such as Lee Harvey Oswald, and Mark David Chapman. What stuck me here was, just before I hit on this link, I'd hit on someone's analysis of the guy's YouTube channel, and he had pronounced the name as; "Jared Lee Loner"...
As I'd mentioned, I'm not fully up on the story, nor the content of the threads here on ATS yet, but I plan to go back and do more research on this topic. I know from what little I've done thus far, that there is a 'dream' element to the story, (which again I relate to the Pilsbury ad) and I'm sure there is much more to explore considering the apparent interest here on ATS. Sorry again if this is considered off-topic, but thought it was curious enough to warrant a mention. Also, if I've bent any posting rules, I also apologize, as I'm still new to this forum. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you Skeptic Overlord for sharing the news that you spoke with the Washington Post, I am not surprised that you got positive feedback from them. This is a great place to be.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
The guy deserves nothing less than death. Conspiracies/blog sites/any sites -- do not involve going on killing sprees or blaming others for your life or one's personal short comings . He killed a 9 year old girl. A child. Never even had a chance to grow up and experience any kind of life. I have children. This is beyond horrific.

This guy is a coward who deserves to be publicly executed. Anyone defending him, in my opinion, can join him. Its bad enough he was just randomly shooting people, let alone woman and children as well. Let him burn.........
Yessireebob!

"I wanna burn dead babies & veins in my teeth... I wanna kill! Kill! Kill! And we both started jumping up and down yelling "Kill! Kill!" And the recruiting sergeant said..."

Apologies if this isn't a perfect recall. Its from the album version of "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie.

Seriously, a man who was likely 1 of us has just shot a 9yr old girl to death & the best you can come up with is a call for more violence? Oh, but hey... a girl was killed goddamnit! You're allowed to get all righteously indignant, right? Did you know any of the victims? If any of them had turned up to your place & asked for 5 bucks to get something to eat, would you have given it to them? Nevermind. All that matters is your right to spew more hate into a hate-filled society that has more % of its population in jail & more killings than any other nation on earth.

Way to go, champ! Stick your fingers in your ears & keep shouting "Kill! Kill!" @the top of your voice. Just dont be surprised when somebody takes you @your word. As the last breaths slobber out of you, perhaps you'll have enough presence of mind to recall some more lyrics:

"If you tolerate this, then your children will be next." - Manic Street Preachers

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Good observations, I doubt the product placement was a mistake. I too have been pronouncing his name like Loner. The Powers That Be governing media want us to associate him a Loner, don't they?reply to post by DaddyNowhere

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And here we go....

www.washingtonpost.com...

The Web site Abovetopsecret.com is a place where odd ideas are welcome: Its discussion threads ask questions about UFO sightings, evidence of God, and "How do you kill an alien zombie?"

But it became an unwelcome place for a new user, who joined the site in early 2009 and called himself "Erad3." Now - based on the language in his postings, and information about where he logged on - the site's operators believe Erad3 was accused Arizona shooter Jared Lee Loughner, 22.

"I'd go with 99 percent," said Bill Irvine, chief executive of the site's parent company, when asked how certain he was that Erad3 and Loughner were the same person.

Open the flood gates now.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

It's a fair piece, and nice to see what I'm sure all of us can agree upon as accurate reporting.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Fractured.Facade

It's a fair piece, and nice to see what I'm sure all of us can agree upon as accurate reporting.

I have to agree, with only one minor exception and that would be the close of the report, which seems to suggest (humorously perhaps) that other members of ATS are crazy..

That evening, someone posted on one of Erad3's old threads, about the idea that the Mars rovers were faked: "OP [original poster] is believed to be the shooter in today's assassination attempt."

A minute later, another poster calling himself Ben81 responded: "they faked the moon landing yes .. but the mars rover .. i dont think so."

Still, overall a well done report.

Inevitable and was bound to happen, I think the ultimate importance of this person's posts will come in the defense phase of his court trial.

I just hope this isn't used in any way as inspiration for potential copycats out there.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Indeed. It's refreshing to see such a thoughtful, well-balanced article, especially in light of the horrid journalism that usually attends such subjects.

Kudos to David Fahrenthold for doing it right.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join