It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret's Out: Internet Media Is Beginning to Report That Jared Loughner Is a Member Of Abovetop

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

It's a fair piece, and nice to see what I'm sure all of us can agree upon as accurate reporting.

Yes indeed it was a fair and neutral reporting.

Why was 'mordant1' banned? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry to much about it. ATS has it's bases covered. He's already exposed for being a crazy-ass by his peers. Apparenty he was programed to kill, he just needed a trigger.

The thing that makes it interesting is his fascination with astral projections and how maybe he was tiggered through his lucid dreaming.

Loughner's marked mental deterioration from the time of his senior year in high school into that of his community college studies, coincided with his deepening involvement in "lucid dreaming," or "conscious dreaming." This cult, which was very popular early in this decade, teaches self-immersion in dream-fantasy, supposedly self-controlled, as the path to total fulfillment through the "information" supposedly communicated through the dreams.

Loughner was ready to go off

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming is not a cult. That doesnt make sense.

Interest in astral projection and lucid dreaming does not mean one is in a cult either.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
ATS is a big forum, so there is always a chance that there are criminals on it.
And because this forum is quite special, they will mention it in the media, but that's it, in a month or less they will say nothing about ATS anymore.
If they would blame ATS, they could blame youtube and the whole internet.
Off course it's a shame this guy was a member of the forum, but he was never part of the community.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Originally posted by hp1229

Well if the publicity is postiive then its well and good. If its negative, then it certainly portrays ATS as a bad website to be associated with in the eyes of the public and the ones who do not understand ATS. Something doesnt sound and smell right with the time frame and several recent pieces of news surrounding Internet Information Censorship and Control circulating in the political world.

I couldnt agree more. I would argue that Julian Assange is another asset. He revealed almost nothing of any consequence, most of which we already knew. He then denied 9/11 Truth. The end result being new whistle blower legislation which does not protect whistle blowers like wikileaks and serves as yet another excuse to censor the web.

The other purpose which this event serves is the demonification of Ron Paul and his criticism of the "Federal Reserve" preemptively. He is now in a position to really audit the "Fed" and there has been a steady stream of negative publicity regarding Jared Loughner's views on the "Fed" and fiat currency.

The idea that the Federal Reserve was created as part of a vast conspiracy is not just embedded in the minds of people who are disturbed, but it’s widely shared on, you know, Alex Jones’ website and by Ron Paul, elected representative Ron Paul.

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Mod note: 15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

edit on 1/12/2011 by Majic because: Mod note.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That is an angle I have not considered before, the Ron Paul connection. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by gladtobehere

That is an angle I have not considered before, the Ron Paul connection. Thanks for sharing that.

Basically controlling the internet will solve several headaches/issues for the Government(s) all over the world. They would rather go back and keep people in the DARK as they have in the past.

www.foreignaffairs.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naradia
ATS is a big forum, so there is always a chance that there are criminals on it.
And because this forum is quite special, they will mention it in the media, but that's it, in a month or less they will say nothing about ATS anymore.
If they would blame ATS, they could blame youtube and the whole internet.
Off course it's a shame this guy was a member of the forum, but he was never part of the community.

It will be less than a month. I am already seeing the news begin to slack now. It has been four days. That is us, a sound byte nation.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by hp1229

Originally posted by hp1229

Well if the publicity is postiive then its well and good. If its negative, then it certainly portrays ATS as a bad website to be associated with in the eyes of the public and the ones who do not understand ATS. Something doesnt sound and smell right with the time frame and several recent pieces of news surrounding Internet Information Censorship and Control circulating in the political world.

I couldnt agree more. I would argue that Julian Assange is another asset. He revealed almost nothing of any consequence, most of which we already knew. He then denied 9/11 Truth. The end result being new whistle blower legislation which does not protect whistle blowers like wikileaks and serves as yet another excuse to censor the web.

The other purpose which this event serves is the demonification of Ron Paul and his criticism of the "Federal Reserve" preemptively. He is now in a position to really audit the "Fed" and there has been a steady stream of negative publicity regarding Jared Loughner's views on the "Fed" and fiat currency.

The idea that the Federal Reserve was created as part of a vast conspiracy is not just embedded in the minds of people who are disturbed, but it’s widely shared on, you know, Alex Jones’ website and by Ron Paul, elected representative Ron Paul.

www.democracynow.org...

The funny part is that Talk Radio hosts, Certain TV channels and Politicians, Websites are all being used as an excuse and blamed for what went down in AZ. How stupid the MSM think we are? This is what politicians or politics is all about when there isn't much real work to do. The MSM along with the syndicates try to cram whatever crazy crockpot idea they can come up with into the minds of the voters. Idle Mind Indeed is a Terrible Thing to Waste...

edit on 12-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The Powers That Be always hit 3 or more with one stone

1. Internet ID Bill
2. Gun legislation
3. False Flag---"Conspiracy Theorists are dangerous" problem reaction solution discredit them and makem look dangerous. Whenever people speak of 911 and other conspiracies they will think of Arizona shooter.
4. Loughner was Mr Wheelers trainee or should I say Wheeler was Loughners handler so they had to get rid of Wheeler first for whatever reason. As you can see when a handlers programming goes awry its a different kind of ugly..it looks similar to having alzheimers or dimentia.

What the Powers that Be dont realize is we have an oath of non interference and a pledge to free will. However universal spiritual loopholes have been found in the laws and intervention is inevitable. As with the Powers that Be can only think 4 steps ahead, we think way ahead..reason it seems we are absent and dont care. We do.
Stay strong and have faith.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
OK, I enjoy a good mystery involving consp theory as much as anyone here.

But for Wheeler to have been JLL's handler, they would have had to meet, right? Has there been any evidence to surface that hints that either of these people have even traveled to each others states, to be handled/handle in the first place? Like, did wheeler spend time in AZ?

Thanks for your comments.

reply to post by superluminal11

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
More information on the AZ shooter posted on Drudgereport. Unfortunately I am at work and I cannot access the website where the shooter posted more of his viewpoints besides ATS.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This might sound stupid to many, but i believe this is a set up just to get ATS shut down? A lot of truth is being told on this website.. just a thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
He was a member of Youtube, and maybe his public library too. This is irrelavant, execpt to thos ethat wish to use this as a means to shut down free speech. This nut seems to have has a personal grudge against the woman, and his "membership" which also included myspace, and maybe facebook, I don't know, has nothing to do with the actions he did.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Quickly look at the comments section of this channel. It seems someone is posting under Jared's account "classitup10"!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Folks...we will be portrayed as every kook that ever wore a tin foil hat and sat in a lead lined bunker reading Catcher In The Rye.

Look at what has been done to Palin's Political Target Map... taken totally out of context....as WE WILL BE also.

In fact, if we ever wondered if the Feds came here...they are now...reading all the posts in real time...HI GUYS.... just like a police tail on a Mob Cadillac.

Further, you know they have transcripts of every post and profiles on everyone here...... Hi GUYS....

Hi,
Many in this thread seem to fear the media portraying this site in a bad light. That is probably better for you than loads of people actually coming here and reading the stuff written here and forming their own conclusions as I have. Can anyone point me to a thread that is remotely logical?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was reading the print edition of the WaPo and found this out the end of a very long story about Loughner showing all the warning signs but no one really getting him the help he needed:

By last summer, evidence of Loughner's increasingly deteriorating mental state was littered across the electronic worlds he inhabited.

On one site, Above Top Secret, Loughner left dozens of posts with bizarre theories about U.S. currency, the Constitution and grammar. Finally, another regular on the site wrote back that "I think you're frankly schizophrenic, and no that's not an amateur opinion and not intended as an uninformed or insulting remark. I really do care. Seek help before you hurt yourself or others or start taking your medications again, please."

Loughner, known on the site as "erad3," responded, "Thank you for the concern."

The feeling I got from it was that the Washington Post was actually saying this site was the one place that actually tried to get him the help he needed and viewed the reference to ATS in a positive light. The whole story can be found here: Loughner's descent into a world of fantasy

Was looking to post this into a different thread and couldn't find it, but hope you all find this interesting enough for me to post it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
so far, it appears to me that the comments haven't been against ATS. I am sure that, at some point, there will be comments against this website, but I am willing to bet that will not happen for awhile. Surprisingly, I think the media has been pretty fair handed, and waiting until all the facts are in before they start to pick their scapegoats this time.

At least its a step in the right direction for the media. They could be learning, right guys?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
well ATS was just on Inside Edition, all they said was that Jared was a member here but he did not find any minds like his here.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join