It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret's Out: Internet Media Is Beginning to Report That Jared Loughner Is a Member Of Abovetop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It is no secret here at ATS that we all suspect, especially in light of the erad3 account being banned sometime around noon today, and the closing of the speculative thread on the topic itself, the AZ shooter was indeed a member here. Well, we are not the only ones to have put two and two together.

A google search returned many places other than us, who are discussing Jared Loughner being a member here at ATS. Some even give his screen name. The proverbial cat is out of the bag. I can say this puts to rest the speculation the spooks have visited.

Here are some links to places discussing the shooters membership at our website. How is this going to affect the board?

www.examiner.com...

From above link:

A lot to chew on but simply speculation. Loughner may be just schizophrenic or suffer from some other kind of mental illness. A series of posts written in Loughner's strange style (and with his strange obsession with grammar) concerning faked Space Shuttle launches has come to light at the Above Top Secret forum. Rep. Giffords' husband Mark E. Kelley is a Space Shuttle Commander. Perhaps the attack is related to Loughner's curious beliefs about the Shuttle

forum.bodybuilding.com...

From above link:

Posts Jared Lee Loughner made at ATS

Infinite Source of Currency
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Why is the year infinite in the date?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watch his youtube videos...exact same topics...www.youtube.com...
He is member erad3....Jared minus the J with with the e and a switched. Same topics and symantic style.

Eerie comment made by member in thread 1...
I have maybe made a mistake is my assessment of your avatar, because for that to be the case, you'd have to be at least somewhat rational, but I think youre frankly schizophrenic, and no that's not an amateur opinion and not intended as an uninformed or insulting remark, you clearly make no sense and are unable to communicate. I really do care.
Seek help before you hurt yourself or others or start taking your medications again, please. Maybe, it'd be better for some there be an infinite source of haldol or cogentin then fiat currency.

He was just banned today when ATS starting connecting the dots as to who erad3 is and it is Jared Lee Loughner. Dude is just a deranged man, no political motivation imo.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

from above link, and the huffpo is read by a lot of people, the following comment is made by a super user of the huffpo site:

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
andiannj 2 hours ago (8:04 PM) 716 Fans
Follow Loughner wasn't left or right, His political views were completely out of this world. He was a member of a conspiracy web site abovetopse­cret - www...­.abovetops­ecret.com/­forum/thre­ad648773/p­g1 .

Reading through his posts, it appears that he was also was obsessed with NASA. I'm starting to wonder if Gifford's husband being an ex-astrona­ut might have had something to do with the attack.

From one of his posts:

"If the air supply supports the NASA Space Shuttle mission for the time in orbit then the crew is able to breathe with the correct amount of oxygen for the time in orbit.
The crew is not able to breathe with the correct amount of oxygen for the time in orbit.
Consequent­ly, the air supply doesn’t support the NASA Space Shuttle mission for the time in orbit

If the crew of the NASA mission uses a green screen then they are able to fake the mission.
The crew of the NASA mission uses a green screen.
Therefore, they are able to fake the mission.

If the 0 gravity affects the human body then the crew is at risk for body failure.
The 0 gravity affects the human body.
Therefore, the crew is at risk for body failure. "
www...­.abovetops­ecret.com/­forum/thre­ad593100/p­g1

www.verumserum.com...

from above linked blog:

Jared Loughner’s Postings on Above Top Secret Suggest He Was Losing Touch with Reality
John on January 9, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Last night, Morgen noticed that Jared Loughner posted under the handle “erad3″ on the website Above Top Secret. He posted there as recently as December 7th of last year. In that instance, he was rambling about the Mars Rover:

punditpress.blogspot.com...

another blogger spreading this seeming connection, how long until mainstream begins to broadcast the connection?

Sunday, January 9, 2011Assassin Loughner a Member of Conspiracy Site "Above Top Secret," Posts Show Hate for Christianity
Posted by Aurelius at 10:28 AM Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
As information about the assassin Jared Lee Loughner slowly comes out, new facts are slowly trickling in. One of the newest is that he was a member of the conspiracy website Above Top Secret, whose website's motto is "deny ignorance."

Under the username of "Erad3," a simple rearrangement of his first name, Loughner wrote perplexing and, quite frankly, insane posts several times on the website. Under his "More Stuff You Should Know" section, he wrote, "Eating a Chicken Pot Pie in a voting booth with the option for a Spanish vote!"

Other topics include a post entitled, "Why is the year infinite in the date," in which Loughner said, in response to "what day is today:" "Today is July 7th 20106...

So, what is your opinion on this turn of events? Expected? Unexpected? Do you think it will fizzle out at blogger and board level or do you think this will get more play, in bigger venues? Huffpo is fairly large, imo.

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So it begins...
It's only a matter of time before this is reported throughout the media. I just hope they don't portray everyone here as crazy, as that is not the case at all. Most people here have alot to offer the world.
In my opinion, I think the owner should release an official statement on the matter ASAP, and spread it to the major networks as a preventative. Quotes from people who responded with concern to this crazy killers ramblings could help our cause.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Negotium of Verum because: =(

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Negotium of Verum

This is not the fire time an ATS member killed somebody.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is a heavily moderated forum where people can speak freely...as long as they abide by the T&C. I don't see how any apology or anything else is required to appease those looking to ban free speech. I have no doubt it will be shown that the suspect is on one or more pharmaceutical drugs and has done what the contraindications of said drugs could potentially happen...which are always buried in the fine print.

Sure, it's just a pill and some half-wit doctor prescribes it without doing the due diligence to determine whether or not the ramifications of said script will have an affect not expected.

Then again, this is a knee jerk nation that would rather pounce on a scrap of propaganda than a pound of fact.
edit on 9-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Well that's news to me, so I assume ATS handled it very well at the time.
Can you share some details about the previous occurrence?

EDIT: To respond to another poster, I personally don't think an apology or letter of any form should be necessary. Unfortunately, we live in a world where the media will tear us up. I just think that if a statement was issued in a prophylactic manner, it might lessen the PR blow.
I firmly believe in free speech, and issuing a statement is a professional courtesy that in no way infringes upon anyone or their rights.
I think we should all care about our image to a certain extent, don't you? After all, conspiracy theorists have long been plagued by the media. This might change people's minds IF it is handled well.

edit on 9-1-2011 by Negotium of Verum because: ammending content

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Yes. I'm sure all those half-wit doctors just barely drudged through medical school so that the patients would know all about their jobs and what their lives are like.

Yeah, those dumb doctors.

How is this on topic?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk... - he used to call himself "Blade" on websites or "Jack Blade" and rant about Satan. I remember reading some of his "stuff" over six years ago.

There is apparently another ATS member that's done the same but I don't think I ever received a link.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This will just give the FCC more reason to move forward on greater control over internet content. I give this site and others like it 6 months at best before they are completely dismantled. They needed a catalyst stronger than wikileaks and now they have it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
He may be a member. I'm a member and you are a member. Just because he went after someone doesn't mean that everyone here is going to do the same thing. Unfortunately they may (new outlets and the people who are hypnotized by them) may get the train of thought 'if one is then they all are' mentality. If so then I say bring it. There's a virtual army on this site that can go on the offensive and flood the media in defense of ATS.

One of the things that keeps me coming back is the scope and variation of the members ideas. I've seen threads here and please don't ask me to find them where multiple points of views were presented and argued over in multiple topics ranging from politics to current events to ufology to religion.

Plus 9 times out of 10 I hear of happenings on this site before the news outlets. That is reason alone to come back.

Now does Skeptic Overlord need to put out a statement about the indecent? If he does or doesn't then I will still back him. But if all of these naysayers actually took time to digest what is put on here they would find that the gunman was one in a million. ATS didn't tell him to go fire off rounds against another Human.

Also I agree with the above post by bozzchem.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Folks...we will be portrayed as every kook that ever wore a tin foil hat and sat in a lead lined bunker reading Catcher In The Rye.

Look at what has been done to Palin's Political Target Map... taken totally out of context....as WE WILL BE also.

In fact, if we ever wondered if the Feds came here...they are now...reading all the posts in real time...HI GUYS.... just like a police tail on a Mob Cadillac.

Further, you know they have transcripts of every post and profiles on everyone here...... Hi GUYS....

Then there are the media outlets that have some poor neophyte reporter sitting up til 3am reading all the stuff here... and putting the Reader's Digest Version on the editor's desk by 7am... so that the world will now know all about ATS.

Then in come the real kooks...and the drive by wreck watchers... not really interested, but too good to turn away...just want to see what happens next.

This place will look like WalMart on BlackFriday after Thanksgiving... where's the EXIT?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It would take a lot more than one indecent to do what you are proposing. Also imagine how their heads would spin if they were taken to court over this and everyone who is a member flooded the media outlets world wide on how ludicrous it was that a government in a free nation tried to ban a site by trying to stir up fears of this or that.

They wouldn't be able to stop us.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

something tells me this wasn't the only site with which he participated.
ATS Owners/staff have responded effectively and cooperation is all that is necessary.
why stir a bees nest with the msm?
ATS members are a wide variety of individuals, he was just one.
let's not invite the msm to toss the baby out with the dirty water or give this maniac another moment of our attention.

**** condolences to all who are suffering these unimaginable losses and wishes for a speedy recovery to those granted the opportunity.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Guys at the end of the day, the other forum members had no idea he was a nut case or a potential killer.
I also imagine he was a member of other forums too.

Just because he was on here, does not reflect anyone else on here or the site itself.

I think if ATS had deleted his posts or silenced any such threads, then there'd be reason to worry...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

**** condolences to all who are suffering these unimaginable losses and wishes for a speedy recovery to those granted the opportunity.

It's not my call to say what the staff should do by any means. I think the staff are handling this very well. However, I am inclined to believe that IF the media takes off with this it will not be in a positive light. Unfortunately we don't get to choose how we are portrayed.
I maintain it would be professional to issue a simple statement, to show we care. What you posted above is perfect.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The fact that he may have been a member here has nothing to do with ATS. ATS does not have a responsibility to make any statement. With the caliber of some people here, this will probably not be the last time a deranged psychopath joins ranks then goes nukkin futs for lack of a better term.

What is likely to happen, is a whole herd of people flooding this site over the coming weeks. That may or may not be where a problem arises. Depending on the personalities of the coming influx it could be a disaster or make for some interesting topics.

I will wait with bated breath...

Edited to add that a "Our condolences" would not be bad, but I don't think they should be pressured to do so.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Edited again because heard is not herd....
edit on 9-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Well, if we were not under scrutiny (sp?) we are now.
I really love ats and I was just thinking the other day how great a place it was for great minds (excluding myself here) to come and exchange ideas. The site is big and popular enough that we are going to have some kooks (excluding myself here...I think) from time to time. I don't know what we can do about that. It is the nature of the beast. Waiting for the overlord to chime in here. It will be interesting to see what he has to say.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by bozzchem

Yes. I'm sure all those half-wit doctors just barely drudged through medical school so that the patients would know all about their jobs and what their lives are like.

Yeah, those dumb doctors.

How is this on topic?

I was told that doctors are the tools of biochemists when I attained my first job. As a biochemist that has had numerous discussions with doctors, I have come to realize this as true. They have the PDR and they have pharma reps to convince them to prescribe things. Do you have any idea about what you speak of?

The fact that you were incapable of seeing the relation to the topic is not my fault.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
"His classmates noted that he disrupted class frequently with nonsensical outbursts, would talk about how he liked smoking marijuana, and did not seem to care what people thought of him"

Others claimed that he seemed like a normal kid.[2] He also played saxophone in his school's jazz program and is reported to be a fan of heavy metal music.

On September 29, 2010, college police discovered a Loughner-filmed YouTube video in which he claimed that the college was illegal according to the United States Constitution.According to court records, Loughner had two previous offenses, one of which was for drug possession.[4] In October 2007, Loughner was cited in Pima County for possession of drug paraphernalia, which was dismissed after he completed a diversion program

The U.S. Army confirmed that Loughner had been rejected as "unqualified" from the service in 2008 for failing a drug screening" en.wikipedia.org...

This kid has quite the history , clearly dark mark , clearly paranoid , full of confusion and hate . sounds more like a someone in congress then a member of ats lol

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Really are there a list of people

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Why fear?

Let it happen. If the media wish to portray this site according to their narrow views, then let it be. They too have their freedom of expression.

But there will always be consequences to that freedom of expression.

Think of what will happen once it is published on the mainstream papers around the world?

Many will flock to ATS. They too are only humans, and will begin reading the site to find out for themselves, and while seeking, will get to know more about the site and its members, as well as the contends here. And on their own free will they discern for themselves, without fear or favour, unless they have fear and favour, to contribute here, their freedom of expression and inalienable rights as a human being.

Never let fear corrupt your mind as long as you had hurt and harm no one. We each are responsible for what we express, for freedom comes with responsibilities. I for one welcome public scrutinity, the way I would welcome public scrutinity on the media and the authorities.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join