It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRACE YOURSELVES: Democrat Fred Phelps and Westboro Hate Group announce plans to picket 9-year-old s

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Absolutely inexcusable. I firmly believe in Freedom of Speech, but not this time. It's a funeral, funerals are already painful enough for those mourning. This is no excuse, no right, no moral clause, no NOTHING to permit making a day of grieving even more awful to experience. None whatsoever.

The fact that garbage like this inflicts so much more pain on those already in pain is simply sadistic.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have friends in Tucson, there is a plan to put a human shield between this group and the childs funeral services.
Perhaps some one should remind Freddy, freedom of speach, does not mean freedom from consequences.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by vkey08

Fred Phelps is NOT a Democrat.

Where do you get this from? Your delusional mind?

There's absolutely no way he could be a Democrat. He's a far-right extremist Christian that hates gays and will do anything to link gays to America's problems.

God, the ignorance at this site. You people just can't resist the political bickering, can you?

This is where it comes from though I think Phelps is about as much of a "Democrat" as the Arizona shooter, they are both disturbed individuals:

1988 - Phelps provides rooms for Democrat Al Gore's presidential campaign workers. Though the Phelps-Gore connection will grow increasingly distant, Phelps' oldest son, Fred Jr., is invited to the first Clinton-Gore inauguration in 1993.

By 1998, Gore will be seen as such an enemy by WBC that its members picket the funeral of Gore's father.

1990 - Phelps, undertaking a run for governor of Kansas, begins disseminating flyers attacking his gubernatorial competitors and other state politicians in unusually personal terms. He loses the Democratic primary, but garners 11,634 votes, 6.7% of the total.

Southern Poverty Law Center

edit on 1/10/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ShotDeal

Be aware that they are mostly lawyers, and if any of that group touches them they're in big trouble. I'm not defending them, a kid shot paintballs at them a few years ago and was in huge trouble. Other people have thrown things at them and they got in huge trouble.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

i was unaware of this tidbit.

i thank you.

they really push my buttons (as im sure is intended)

edit on 10-1-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing

Be aware that they are mostly lawyers, and if any of that group touches them they're in big trouble. I'm not defending them, a kid shot paintballs at them a few years ago and was in huge trouble. Other people have thrown things at them and they got in huge trouble.

I would throw grenades at them .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by vkey08

Fred Phelps is NOT a Democrat.

Where do you get this from? Your delusional mind?

There's absolutely no way he could be a Democrat. He's a far-right extremist Christian that hates gays and will do anything to link gays to America's problems.

God, the ignorance at this site. You people just can't resist the political bickering, can you?

Before you jump down my throat the guidelines for the Breaking News Forum is that the title of the article must be quoted exactly.. I did that, Then I went on to state "take the political labels out of this", I also made one more comment that I thought the Original Article was a tad biased.

I was not the one calling him a democrat, the article was, and I followed the guidelines in quoting the title, nothing more. Next time read everything before jumping down someone's throat.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Anyone hear if that biker group plans on showing up to render the WBC impotent in their protests?

They should just follow WBC around 24/7 and make their lives a living hell.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralAwesome

Wouldn't work thats called stalking, a man was arrested for stalking them earlier. Also some people tried to have a concert around their complex that got shut down. They know the law and they know how to exploit it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just what exactly do these idiots hope to accomplish from doing this ? They need to be sent to the middle-east and would most likely have their heads cut off but who cares right .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

They believe they are doing there biblical duty of exposing sin to the masses, i watched a youtube about this thing actually. People accuse them of breaking the commandment of not loving their neighbor, they say they are by telling them that they are sinners and will burn in hell. That's what they believe.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

If they want to expose sin then they need to stand up and listen to their own words. They have failed to protect those that trust them. They have failed in compassion for those that live with them. They have promoted hate and fear. I could only see Jesus with tears in his eyes as he fights to not turn away from them.

There are many reasons why things are the way they are. It is time to be men and struggle with the demons that we all share, the stakes are now clear.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Hey people asked I answered, I understand your anger with it but don't attack the messenger here.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Funeral for murdered/assassinated child - - - Fred Phelps - - - and motorcycle groups.

Not somewhere I want to be anywhere near.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

That's right,these members are a law suit looking
for a place to happen!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I do believe in freedom of speech. We are Americans and expressing our opinions is a vital right! But with rights comes responsibility. And part of that responsibility is consideration of others and their feelngs. To protest at any funeral is just downright disrespectful! I do not understand anyone who follows such hatred. I personally have a problem with people who stand behind religion to cause hurt and hate. I liken it to the 9/11 terrorists.
edit on 10-1-2011 by liveyourlife because: edit corrections...bad typing.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
Absolutely inexcusable. I firmly believe in Freedom of Speech, but not this time. It's a funeral, funerals are already painful enough for those mourning. This is no excuse, no right, no moral clause, no NOTHING to permit making a day of grieving even more awful to experience. None whatsoever.

The fact that garbage like this inflicts so much more pain on those already in pain is simply sadistic.

They are lawyers.

They have won all their Freedom of Speech lawsuits against them.

They know how far they can go and what line not to cross.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

He did advocate murder though in his latest video, he calls on like minded people to Laughner to go out and kill more people... I would think that would be crossing the line....

I hope it is.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by PS3Geek

They believe they are doing there biblical duty of exposing sin to the masses, i watched a youtube about this thing actually. People accuse them of breaking the commandment of not loving their neighbor, they say they are by telling them that they are sinners and will burn in hell. That's what they believe.

They tell other people they're going to hell but don't realize they're headed there themselves stupid religious nut-jobs .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

This can go both ways. A human shield on the funeral to keep these troublemakers out don't have to touch them. My question is that protests and marches have to apply for a permit. Maybe it depends on local laws. Don't Phelps use megaphones during his rants? If so, maybe local ordinances could cite him for disturbing the peace.

I believe in free speech but to protest a funeral, especially that of a 9 year old child, goes beyond free speech. This is a sign of a seriously mentally disturbed individual. If he does require a permit and was granted one then the one doing the granting is just as disturbed mentally as Phelps.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5abd2bc4c42.jpg[/atsimg]
Henry Kane

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/444c2b2c942d.jpg[/atsimg]
Fred Phelps

Does anyone see a resemblance here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join