It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRACE YOURSELVES: Democrat Fred Phelps and Westboro Hate Group announce plans to picket 9-year-old s

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

Originally posted by azdog25
Arizona shootings: Bill would provide 'funeral protection zone

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

some good news, all be it under tragic circumstances.

Arizona is an odd state. Phelps may have met his match.

Arizona still embraces an Old West attitude - - kind of like Texas I think. Basic values and integrity are high on their list.

If anyone stops him - - I'd put my money on Arizona.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I hope so.. I will celebrate to find out every last one of WBC is dead and or dying from a fatal shoot out!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

So what you are saying is that you would do the exact same thing they do to their enemies, to the Phelp's which is your enemy. You know what the biggest effect they will have on America after their death, is being remembered and picketing their funerals would be the first step to remembrance. They want attention, they want to be martyred, they want copy-cat sects to pop up. If you forget about them you take away their power.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

I understand the logic... But I would feel so good... to run the whole group down with a hummer going about 90mph!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralAwesome

They're already there and are quite aware of the tactics wbc uses. I wont go into details but I do know for a fact a large contingent of Sons of Liberty riders will be in attendance.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

There is one way to silence him.

Silence him within your own mind.

Yes, I have no doubt that is the answer you were not looking for, but the best thing people can do is ignore this jackwagon. People respond out of emotions and only provoke him further.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by vkey08

Yes, I have no doubt that is the answer you were not looking for, but the best thing people can do is ignore this jackwagon. People respond out of emotions and only provoke him further.

That would help me but not the poor grieving families.. But it is a good suggestion, ignoring a bully is always the best course of action

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

It is in this case, as the bully only wants attention. Fred Phelps wants nothing more than his church to be thrust upon the national and international spotlight as that "one group that picketed that girl's funeral". It happened that way when they picketed in Australia over the death of Heath Ledger.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The came to our town in the SF Bay Area to protest a series of teen suicides that had hit our local high school. We were prepared to do what was needed, but it became very clear after the inital shock of their statements, they were no match for the teens at the local high school were they set shop up. Our teens bacially took them down and reduced Phelps daughter to simply some old hag spewing profanity (man she had a mouth on her that would make a drill Sargent blush).

In the end, they just came off as sad pathetic losers clinging to this hate of thiers because of thier (I guess) empty unfullfilled lifes.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

How did the teens achieve this, by way of peaceful anti-picketing? The funniest peaceful protest of the Phelps' I heard of is someone raised money to donate to a charity in the name of the Phelps'. It think it was a charity benefiting homosexuals.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by vkey08

That would help me but not the poor grieving families.. But it is a good suggestion, ignoring a bully is always the best course of action

Remember ignoring a problem does not make it go away sometimes you have to get very angry and use violence to your advantage .

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
this group is sad the amount of protesting they have done, and to protest a 9 year olds funeral is so wrong. Makes you wonder when this group will ever move on and do something productive instead of anti-everything

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
For those interested or just curious - - - Fred Phelps estranged son Nate speaks out in an interview against his dad and the WBC.

www.stoppingthehate.com...

Here is a link to Nate Phelps on YouTube.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
For those interested or just curious - - - Fred Phelps estranged son Nate speaks out in an interview against his dad and the WBC.

www.stoppingthehate.com...

Here is a link to Nate Phelps on YouTube.

www.youtube.com...

I wish I could give you a million stars and flags for that one...... That is a beacon of hope where this place is concerned and very well needed... Thank you Annee

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
reply to post by FredT

How did the teens achieve this, by way of peaceful anti-picketing? The funniest peaceful protest of the Phelps' I heard of is someone raised money to donate to a charity in the name of the Phelps'. It think it was a charity benefiting homosexuals.

They were pretty loud and while not violent, pretty determined.

Stanford University was even better however. They were protesting outside of a Jewish Frat. Lots of counter protestors, the Cardinal Band etc made it into an event that spent time mocking the protestors and drowing them out

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I simply take solace in the fact that nobody likes them. NOBODY.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If nobody likes them, where do they get the money to do this all over the place?

You realize they take solace in the idea that nobody likes them. That's where Jesus is supposed to return to in their world.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted, but I just came across it for the first time:

Westboro Baptist Church website: "God Hates the World dot com"

They have a blood red map of planet earth and you can click on almost any nation for a detailed report of why that particular nation is damned to fry in hell.

As others have stated, I think these people are basically real-world trolls seeking to make money through negative attention. Insulting every foreign nation on earth politically and culturally seems to be their business plan for global expansion of operations.
edit on 1/15/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
They came to GA to protest Coretta Scott King's funeral. I stood in line for hours to get to pay my respects to Mrs. King and they were hollering and bellowing. For the actual funeral itself I made the drive back into Atlanta with a sign of my own and mocked them a little. I'm a wedding singer so I sing ridiculously loud when I need to so I was making up lyrics to their drivel and singing it back to them.

My take on it is that they're a bunch of cowards who are so blinded by hatred they'll do anything to be noticed.

I'm semi-ashamed of enabling them by counter-protesting. The best course of action against people like them is to ignore them. By giving them their fifteen minutes and letting them enrage us we let them win. We give them power over us and they love it. I've decided that indifference is best when it comes to them and their brand of crazy. Let them shout all they want ... if it falls on deaf ears then they aren't really heard.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Karma is a b**tch ..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join