It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Basically conscious "Inception". You have to come to the conclusion yourself but your conclusion is inserted. Very interesting.

A pre disposed conclusion. They don’t insert the conclusion, they insert the information that generates the conclusion.

There is certain barriers in the brain. Some information gets to the deeper parts of your thought process easier than others. They uses the stuff that goes deep, to generate the conclusions they want you to have from the bottom up.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

What exactly about it didnt appeal to you? First. Lets test your objectivity. Are you a moral relativist? If so, you cannot be objective as you already reject the basic premise. You probably worship the idea and therefore my associating it with schizophrenia offends you. But. thats your blinder. The Truth is the truth.

The logic is flawless, and it isnt mine either, but the political scientist Paul Eidelbergs (based on the research of matte blanco) and presents a very convincing case for it. He calls its "demophrenia" (combining democracy and schizophrenia) and uses Israel as an example of Demophrenic ruling elite. Who concentrate and focus on 'similarities' or symmetries where they should obviously be ignored in light of the central issue. For instance. Arabs in israel are a) Israeli citizens b) muslims c) reject western style democracy d) support terrorist attacks. They ignore the latter 3 contradicitve points and instead focus on the one symettrical item between arab and jewish israels; their both citizens. This demophrenia leads to ludacris self defeating policies like allowing Arab Israeli press to encourage sedition. This liberalism is insane in the face of the greater problem, but the schizophrenic type dissassociation from reality forbids a proper look at the situation.

So. Look at Moral Relativism. It is patently clear that certain things are bad. It is clear that mistreating someone is bad because it causes them sufferring. Moral relatvism weakens the reality of 'truth' and instead trivializers and EQUATES (makes symmetrical) the evils of Hitler with the good of a mother therasa.

And BTW Schizophrenia isnt caused by brain abnormaliites. Its been attributed to a host of things, and none of them can be regarded as definitive causes because psychiatrists dont know what causes it. Or put more precisely, there isnt any acceptable reasons for the existence of schizophrenia. They know full well it is the existential culture which encourages the passions and weakens the mind/belief. What do you think is the result of this? you are dumb if you think this isnt 'logical. its perfectly logical. Finally, a reason for why so many people fill up institutions in urban centers (where moral ambivalence is greatest) in western society. I can assure you, if people had a greater sense of self control and a knowledge and assuredness in the sanctity of life; this anomoly wouldnt occur.

To prove that beliefs are the root cause of schizophrenia (and as for hereditary and the increased likelyhood. This can be inheritted just like a parents alcholism can be inheritted. Its entirely psychophysical. That is, the mind changes the structure of the brain. This is called 'plasticity') its accepted that belief modification can drastically reduce the symptoms of schizophrenia. Meaning belief has a great impact on its manifestation.

PS. Im aware that most people dont equate hitler wth mother theresa; though in academia this is the prevalent view. Amongst the lay people, this question doesnt MATTER. What matters are sense perceptions, video games, and anything that makes the mind bound to the emotions. Such a situation ENSLAVES the mind and makes it vulernable to this sort of condition.
edit on 8-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
reply to post by fusionhunter

Yes use that to deny that he had help and continue to be forced fed BS the rest of your life .

So if he didnt why are the police reporting he had help allready ..?

"Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said Giffords was the target of a gunman whom he described as mentally unstable and possibly acting along with an accomplice."

I am sorry for the inoccents but would you not rather honor there memory be finding who helped this boy ,instead of saying he was a lone nut .If you care about the dead child you would want all those guilty found .

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 8-1-2011 by essanance because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2011 by essanance because: additional info
Help or no help their nutters either way.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mine Not Yours

One shot to the head with a precise hit and the shooter is already in custody?

Try following the story AS IT REALLY HAPPENED.

The shooter was tackled and held down by 3 men until police arrived .:shk:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
May i also add that because of this ..Healthcare vote postponed due to shooting: Cantor...

www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - The House of Representatives will postpone next week's vote to repeal President Barack Obama's healthcare reform legislation due to the shooting of Democratic Representative Gabrielle Giffords, House Republican Leader Eric Cantor said on Saturday.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasch
reply to post by Mastermook

I completely agree, people kill guns do not. The gun is just a tool, like a knife, or sword, of baseball bat, or crowbar ... you get the idea. BUT, politicians spin things and use them for their own purposes.

Like a wise man once said, "A government is made up of people, notably un-governed"

the gun is a tool that is designed to put a bullet into something, to cause massive physical trauma. it is a highly effective tool and relatively simple to use for the amount of power it wields. just squeeze and aim and blammo!

i understand the passion behind the 2nd amendment. it's in the constitution and americans defend their constitutional rights with a justified ferocity.

but let us not pretend that the gun is an innocucous bystander in the taking of life. it is a tool of lethal force... lethal force delivered rapidly and at minimal effort.

let's not diminish its potency by comparing it to other (albeit relatively dangerous, but far less indescriminate) 'tools'.

not many children accidently bludgeon themselves to death with a crowbar.

not many madmen turn schools into hells with baseball bats.

not many folk accidently stab their hunting buddy in the face with a knife (yeah, i'm talkin' to you cheney)

i am not advocating for those who responsibly use firearms to give them up.
but let us not pretend they are anything less that what they are:

bang. bang... you're dead.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sounds like this guy was into the top down, bottom up & inside out crowd to me. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a member of sds or another group like that.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
May i also add that because of this ..Healthcare vote postponed due to shooting: Cantor...

www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - The House of Representatives will postpone next week's vote to repeal President Barack Obama's healthcare reform legislation due to the shooting of Democratic Representative Gabrielle Giffords, House Republican Leader Eric Cantor said on Saturday.

May be nothing to that but I gotta give you props for that one. Mega star. This is why I love ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Shot in the head, if she is not dead she will be soon.. Most likely atleast."

Tupac got shot twice in the head in 1994, and didn't die. I bet she can pull through, although it's not really a matter of her willpower, more a matter of where the bullet went in, what damage it has done, and what damage they will need to do to remove it.
edit on 8-1-2011 by DontLegalizeDecriminalize because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I want to be understood here ,I feel for every person who has been hurt in this tragedy .However there are to may connections that this was in inside job and the first move is to label your gun man ..THE LONE NUT ..That will not find the answers here !!! We are lied to constantly and its not a conspiracy rant ,it is me looking at the facts and seeing there is much more here ...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

edit on 8-1-2011 by Ventessa because: Trying to find the right post to put this in. This isn't the one....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

I completely agree, people kill guns do not. The gun is just a tool, like a knife, or sword, of baseball bat, or crowbar ... you get the idea. BUT, politicians spin things and use them for their own purposes.

Like a wise man once said, "A government is made up of people, notably un-governed"

the gun is a tool that is designed to put a bullet into something, to cause massive physical trauma. it is a highly effective tool and relatively simple to use for the amount of power it wields. just squeeze and aim and blammo!

i understand the passion behind the 2nd amendment. it's in the constitution and americans defend their constitutional rights with a justified ferocity.

but let us not pretend that the gun is an innocucous bystander in the taking of life. it is a tool of lethal force... lethal force delivered rapidly and at minimal effort.

let's not diminish its potency by comparing it to other (albeit relatively dangerous, but far less indescriminate) 'tools'.

not many folk accidently stab their hunting buddy in the face with a knife (yeah, i'm talkin' to you cheney)

You have to consider : the decay of morals in today's society, the large amount of population now living here.
Different cultures mixing together with different standards of life.
More people means more chances of crime happening, more chance of having a mental disease, and as the population increases as will incidents of violence. Not to say there wasn't corruption in 1776, With all these parallels working together, it seems over whelming. Plus human beings have a destructive nature to begin with.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

No matter where yo are in the world, or who you are with...

Eventually something will happen to cause someone to pick up a piece of a branch and whack something.
Sorry to break it to you, but it's in our nature, and for now, bickering won't make it go away.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by pirhanna

That's a bit off topic.
But since you brought it out. Another way to greatly reduce or altogether eliminate that would be to end prohibition. Do you work for DHS or something? Now I'm all for stopping violence at any level, but do you really want a completely controlled 24 hour surveillance police state?

Now back to the topic - in one way or another this was a political assassination attempt, which is obviously going to make the news. That's just the way it is.

Actually since the shooter was called a "pothead" by his classmates:

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

...I believe I was completely on topic...and it seems as though they've brought back the drug rhetoric of "see this is what drugs make you do", hence my arguments about cracking down on ALL drug dealers in this country. It's not hard, they're everywhere, some might even be people you know who knowingly consume and traffic in illegal narcotics.

No, I do not wish to live in a 1984 styled "police state", no I don't work for DHS

I have a concealed handgun license, and would not hesitate to defend myself or others using deadly force only if it is the last resort, or if it were in a situation similar to this one. I suggest every citizen in this country arm themselves in the proper legal manner, maybe some of these situations could be avoided or at the worst cut short due to a responsible gun owner helping to save lives.
edit on 8-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

I can't believe you are actually making the argument that pot causes people to go on murdering rampages. That's so absurd. Dude I hate to name call but that is the most ignorantly stupid thing I've heard all week. I got nothing else to say.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21

Originally posted by dasauto
It doesn't matter how much you dislike the government or anyone for that matter it does not give you a right to go and shoot them..

Actually the 2nd Amendment does give American's the right to bear Arms against a tyrannical Government. And this is what we have in America. A tyranny. I am not an advocate of violence but when it is our final straw, it's our final straw.

And this was BY NO MEANS our final straw!
Don't even suggest that.

We just had a very successful election whereby the voice of the people was heard and acted upon, for the most part. This new Congress has (had) given many of us renewed hope. But before they even had the opportunity to get to work, this cloud descended upon their session.

Rep. Giiffords was part of the Congress that led the members in the reading of the Constitution. She was very excited and happy for the opportunity, from what is told.

Do not talk of things like tyranny at a time like this. All that does is incite another nutcase.
edit on 8-1-2011 by mishigas because: typos

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Hefficide

I was thinking this before...these people seem to just totally disappear after the initial media onslaught. Case in point, whatever happened to the VT shooter?

Didn't he commit suicide?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

agreed, human beings have a destructive nature. and the gun is a hand-held instrument that's quite good at dishing out said destruction.

i am sure we would have come up with some other clever device to readily kill each other had the alchemy of sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate and some deft metal smithing not been in out repetoire.

but here we are. as you said, a fragile state of world, over population, sh!tty humans running amok, etc.etc.

what can be done? we are all at the whim of angry bullets, be they fired from fool's wielding guns or corporate maleficence.

edit on 8-1-2011 by mythos because: typo

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Originally posted by antmax21

Originally posted by dasauto
It doesn't matter how much you dislike the government or anyone for that matter it does not give you a right to go and shoot them..

Actually the 2nd Amendment does give American's the right to bear Arms against a tyrannical Government. And this is what we have in America. A tyranny. I am not an advocate of violence but when it is our final straw, it's our final straw.

And this was BY NO MEANS our final straw!
Don't even suggest that.

We just had a very successful election whereby the voice of the people was heard and acted upon, for the most part. This new Congress has (had) given many of us renewed hope. But before they even had the opportunity to get to work, this cloud descended upon their session.

Rep. Giiffords was part of the Congress that led the members in the reading of the Constitution. She was very excited and happy for the opportunity, from what is told.

Do not talk of things like tyranny at a time like this. All that does is incite another nutcase.
edit on 8-1-2011 by mishigas because: typos

I do feel sorry for the woman and for the innocent people, lives lost, etc. Bloodshed and struggle are the last things one wants to resort to when they are asking for change. To believe that this election of crooked politicians was successful for the average citizen is foolish. These people may seem to care for us, maybe most do, but as long as their are evil powers behind the curtain, NOTHING will change. So we must force their hand. Tyranny has held this country by the .....for decades...it is just showing its face for the last decade or so.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here's another screenshot - Jesse Kelly, placed an ad that read::

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/507bf5d6b9f3.jpg[/atsimg]

Got that?

Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office

Shoot a fully automatic M16

...Palin should be charged - her actions incited murder. That's conspiracy (the real kind).

edit on 8/1/11 by soficrow because: correction

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join