It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the FDA Is Going After Vitamin C!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Evidence of what? You intimate that the FDA is banning intravenous vitamin c yet show only one case and use that as broad sweeping evidence that it is being banned everywhere. There could be any number of reason why they have told this single outlet to cease. You're the one jumping to conclusions here, and without much proof at that.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

You stated that the FDA might have gone after this one manufacturer targeting it specifically.
You offer your opinion thats all. Where are your facts?

There are mountains of evidence that show the FDA is in a power grab mode.

The governement is bankrupt they need new sources of revenue.

The FDA Power Grab
www.marketwatch.com...#!ACED78F8-E8C6-425B-B187-FB0D8B1933DA
druganddevicelaw.net...

Not content to kill 100,000 Americans each year with deadly Big Pharma drugs while censoring the truth about the healing effects of herbs, nutritional supplements and natural medicines, the FDA has now set out to deny Americans access to yet another lifesaving medicine known simply as vitamin C.

As reported by the Alliance for Natural Health, the FDA has notified a manufacturer of injectable vitamin C that it will be criminally prosecuted if it continues to manufacture this lifesaving nutritional therapy

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

If there's one thing that the health authorities in the United States absolutely cannot tolerate, it's natural cures for cancer. That's why (nearly) all the natural cancer treatment clinics have been chased out of the country, leaving only toxic chemotherapy centers (poison clinics) in their place. And that's probably why the FDA is going after vitamin C right now as well. Take away enough natural cures and the people will be forced into accepting conventional medicine, regardless of whether it works or not.

FDA Running Extortion Racket: Natural Supplement Companies Threatened with Arrest if They Don't Pay Up

the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is running a criminal extortion racket designed to drain cash from health supplement companies and shift it into the pockets of top FDA contractors. This organized crime operation has been running for years, and it has operated with impunity because each company targeted by the scam feels isolated and alone, unable to face the astronomical legal bills of going to court and battling the FDA. So one by one, they agree to "settle" with the FDA for crimes they never committed. Part of the settlement, of course, involves the payment of FDA employees or contractors who pocket the money extorted from health companies.

www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The operative being might. Yes it's speculation but that's exactly what you're doing and if you can do it, we all can. Fact is you've not stated why this has happened, only given your opinion as to why you think it has happened. Unless you can show that the FDA has acted on behalf of big pharma, which of course you can't. All things being equal, it's just as likely there was a legitimate reason as there was a nefarios one, at least untill such a time someone can prove otherwise.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

You intimate that the FDA is banning intravenous vitamin c yet show only one case and use that as broad sweeping evidence that it is being banned everywhere.

Again, your confused. Or ?

Show me where I used the word banned. You cant.

I clearly state the FDA is in power grab mode to

PATENT Vitamin C.

And Vitamin C is not a drug. So why the need to patent it?

Because they need more money?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is the big one, and its the only treatment I will ever take for cancer, injections of C, intravenous.

So now they are forcing cancer patients to morgage everything to buy black market stuff you don't know what it is or grade and use dangerous methods.

This time LINE UP WITH BULLHORNS, AND DON'T GO TO WORK TILL THEY'RE GONE!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They said not to substitute, but if they take it off the market we'll be forced to make our own liquid ourselves. I hope they're reading. If they affect Canada, as they already did with the electric cigarette issue, and anyone dies, the court will not be done once, over and over the cannon of justice will be fired until they sit behind bars for crimes against humanity, conspiring with the pharmaceuticals, and in the meantime, we're going to target their families with a lot of bullhorns. Their lives will never ever be the same again.

Its one thing when people have a choice and chose to be uninformed, but to think you can take away people's rights who are informed is not going to be allowed! Not now, not ever.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I thought we had already established that vitamin c cannot be patented, that being the case the patenting is a non issue. Of course there could be some other reason why, such as it is more effective than drugs they do actually have a patent on, which may very well be the case. However this appears to be nothing more than an isolated incident, a single pharmacy. Thats a far cry from what you are implying. Not much of a power grab. Its akin to the local cops busting one weed dealer (not implying anything by that btw), it doesnt make a whole hell of difference in the grand scheme. Now if they started doing this en mass, then you'd have a case.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Oh they are reading alright!

They may be taking notes.

I agree, its time to go to the rooftops with this one.

And funny not how this comes just as the Food Safety Bill gets its claws on.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The FDA has a history of similar behavior. In the 1980s, the most commonly prescribed treatment for sleep disorders and depression was an amino acid called L-Tryptophan. It is an essential amino acid and not possible to patent.

The FDA banned L-Tryptophan - later that week Prozac hit the shelves. Prozac became the #1 prescription for depression, but unlike L-Tryptophan it has dangerous side effects.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

This single pharmacy is obviously the big one, the one that probably is used to filter most of this stuff through or they would not have targeted it.

It must be putting alot of alternative treatment orders through.

Either that, or this is a test run for public opinion, to see if they can get this through.

Not that that concerns them too much, for if it can't go through easy, then they spend a lot of money rigging a huge distraction, like a BP accident over here, or a huge event over there. But they prefer to just shove it through without the extra effort.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Could be, but thats no less speculation than my suggestion that there may be a reasonable cause. I would have thought that if this was a large scale operation the article would have said so, but no. Maybe it is, maybe it isnt. Maybe there's a good reason, maybe there isn't. Maybe the FDA are taking the piss again or maybe they are actuallky doing the job they are paid to do. Objectively speaking, do we know any of this to be factual?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Exactly! They did the study with cancer and Vitamin C here:

www.physorg.com...

Did the same thing with Vitamin B 6 here declaring it a drug.

The FDA has effectively banned a naturally-occurring form of vitamin B6 called pyridoxamine by declaring it to be a drug, reports the American Association for Health Freedom. Responding to a petition filed by a drug company, the FDA declared pyridoxamine to be "a new drug."

Now, any nutritional supplements containing pyridoxamine will be considered adulterated and illegal by the FDA, which may raid vitamin companies and seize such products. See the history of FDA raids on vitamin companies here:

www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

They have 3 big legislations that they are attempting to coordinate somewhat, one in the US, one EU and one in Canada. So far they're sitting there unused for the most part, except EU is now going to be shutting down on alternative treatments. So at this moment the FDA is acting in the US.

I was furious to discover, since I just quit smoking on the patch, and though no longer addicted to any nicotine, would like the joy of buying either two smokes in the evening because the need to smoke is still there, its a mind addiction related to the dopemine, and how tobacco affects us. The other alternative would be the e-smoke, which is way safer than cigarettes. My doctor approved of it immediately. Well in Canada, this is banned. You can get the e-smoke but not the cartridges with any nicotine. WHY? Because they are drug dealers for the tobacco industry and the big pharma corporations as well. I know perfectly well thats why they limit smokes to 20 in the pack too.

They don't want people to be able to quit too easy. They don't want people to be able to limit their own addiction easy. They want a certain number smoking and a certain number needing treatment for cancer and other treatments. But they want to look good to the public at the same time. So they say, it prevents teenagers from smoking. Like hell it does. They're black marketed all over. OH, now theres no money saved, its huge prices. They're DRUG DEALERS AND JERKS BEYOND.

So, if the numbers smoking drop, they put a few movies out with cigarettes in them to pump up the numbers. That way they corporations they're in bed with will still kiss them after they've raped us over.

These guys are beyond sick:
theuniversalseduction.com...

Here are the faces of evil and its not a joke, when you see their expressions and the maniacal joker laugh they put out in the public.

This is a huge issue to me.

Salvia was legal in Canada, now its suddenly illegal but they're still allowing sales. Within one year with this bill they've concocted.

So I knew right away that they are planning to pounce on us in Europe/US/Canada roughly at the same time.

This move by FDA is so transparent, and its going to affect my country as well.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Look, I know ATS is considered a conspiracy website, but lets first discuss the non-conspiracy aspect of this first, then move to the potential conspiracy aspect of it.

The FDA's job is to make sure all consumable and or injectable products sold to the public are safe. However, the FDA does NOT evaluate "supplements", that includes injectable Vitamin C.

This means injectable vitamin C makers could put any trash they wish inside their products which could harm you. You as a consumer must trust the company that sells you the supplements. You have to take the company's word for what is actually inside the product because it's not evaluated or approved by the FDA. That is cause for concern actually. To think people are injecting themselves with products that are not health inspected or evaluated by an outside source is crazy.

That is why I think they are banning injectable vitamin C.

People may have been creating "fake vitamin C". Counterfeit drugs and supplements are a new age concern. People are making fake drugs and supplements and selling them.

More info:

www.fda.gov...

This means that dietary supplements do not need approval from FDA before they are marketed. Except in the case of a new dietary ingredient, where pre-market review for safety data and other information is required by law, a firm does not have to provide FDA with the evidence it relies on to substantiate safety or effectiveness before or after it markets its products.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There is nothing stopping you from taking Vitamin C or getting it from natural sources. There is nothing stoping you from making your own vitamin C serum.. They are just stopping companies from selling it pre-made because they don't evaluate them.

They will never be able to stop Vitamin C from being consumed, so your fear is unfounded.
edit on 6-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

They don't want people to be able to quit too easy. They don't want people to be able to limit their own addiction easy. They want a certain number smoking and a certain number needing treatment for cancer and other treatments. But they want to look good to the public at the same time. So they say, it prevents teenagers from smoking. Like hell it does.

They want people enslaved. Choose your demon - as long as your addicted they have ya nearly beat.

So, if the numbers smoking drop, they put a few movies out with cigarettes in them to pump up the numbers. That way they corporations they're in bed with will still kiss them after they've raped us over.

You have got it on the money!

These guys are beyond sick:
theuniversalseduction.com...

Here are the faces of evil and its not a joke, when you see their expressions and the maniacal joker laugh they put out in the public.

thanks for the link.

They are beyond sick, and its infuriating to see people roll over and play dead.
Good expample here you and I saw it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its now or never.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Oh, this will be what will need to occur. But there is a great deal stopping people from doing this. Number one, growing season, location, access, cost. For example, I live in Canada, we do have cherries in the Okanagan, but they're very short crop season. And rosehips I suppose, they also have high Vit C content. But you imagine if its illegal, trying to pull off a large enough crop in a good climate, and NOT GET CAUGHT and lose the family farm, ending up destitute. Then distributing this to the poor folk with cancer in the city supburb, possibly on a disability unable to work, less than 1000 a month income, and most of that rent.

I was raised on a Cherry Orchard in the okanagan but I can do the math. This will become extremely prohibitive, and the black market versions, probably imports, may very well be laced with pesticides and fillers.

Go figure, no one will be happy.

This on the other hand, is where I want to procure my Vit C from, especially for cancer in the family. I really recommend this product: Ron Pauling C, no additives, not China, very good:

www.vitamincfoundation.org...

You need to take huge amounts intraveneously, not some small 2-20 gram amount, much higher.

Vit C cures, it CURES (I'm sure the FDA are foaming at the mouth reading that) infections, virus and teeth, ear, bronchitis, etc. Its not just preventative, but destructive to patheogins. And I use it alot. But for cancer, you need huge amounts intravenously.

Lots of good articles on that site to read by the way.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It's only going to be illegal to sell in in mass production as a company. Not illegal to make it for yourself or give it to your friends and family.... It's not going to be an "illegal drug or controlled substance".

You can always buy oranges....
edit on 6-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

You don't understand, you cant buy enough oranges to do this, its not a small amount. you can make your own c for private use, you can make cheaply perhaps 2 gram amounts a day if you like to make vit c powder out of DYED and CHEMICAL ORANGE PEELS which is basically what its made from, if you: 1) live near oranges. I DON"T. We don't grow them in Canada, and own land, I DON'T, or want peticides on them, I DON'T, and can do this in huge huge huge amounts, way beyond 2 grams, try 100's of grams.

This is not a home grown thing. This takes farms in the proper growing areas, that legally can do this, wihtout losing their million dollar properties, because I don't know about prices in the US, but here in Canada, a 20 acre farm goes for between 750 000- 2 000 000 depending on location.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is often the way issues are. If someone thinks they are in a position, to get the stuff that is prohibited, then they don't usually do much to try and stop the FEDS from enacting draconian legislation, because they don't think about the others, the ones who can't do this.

Whereas, I sit and plot frequently things like, what it would be like to get hippy caravans going, talk everyone into getting deisal, trucks running on biofuels and alchohol with good homemade distilleries and generators, plus alot of tools, and all of us, walk away from our rental homes and apartments and set out to squat off the land and make. I see tent people, and wonder if we could get thousands of people to sell their homes and join them, and if this would make a difference.

We have to do things solidarity its the only way we win.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join