It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the FDA Is Going After Vitamin C!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Now the FDA Is Going After Vitamin C!

www.anh-usa.org

The FDA has just notified one pharmacy that it will no longer be allowed to manufacture or distribute injectable vitamin C—despite its remarkable power to heal conditions that conventional medicine can’t touch...

...it now insists on wiping out one of the best potential treatments for these conditions and for certain cancers as well. And why is this being done? What possible rationale is offered? Because it’s dangerous? No. Because it can’t be patented...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So the FDA begins to limit our access to Vitamin C!

Why? Because it can not be patented! And if it can not be patented, then no Big Pharma Corporation can dominate the market!

Vitamin C in its pure form is an incredible healing agent.
The FDA knows this, and is acting in a complicit way with the corrupt corporations to limit and then remove peoples access to natural healing.

Each of us reading this should think, “Intravenous C could someday save my life.” Dr. Jonathan Collin, editor of the Townsend Letter, discusses the case of a man in New Zealand who nearly died from swine flu. After developing a severe fever and upper respiratory infection, his condition deteriorated and he became comatose. Eventually even a ventilator was insufficient to keep him breathing because his lungs were so compromised by pulmonary edema. After weeks of heroic intervention, doctors decided there was no chance of survival and nothing further should be done for him.

The family asked the hospital to administer intravenous vitamin C. After much disagreement, the hospital gave him 25 grams of vitamin C every 6 hours. There was so much improvement over the next two days that the hospital decided to reinstate his intensive care—but they discontinued the vitamin C, saying that he had improved only because they had rolled him onto his side or his stomach instead of keeping him on his back! Not surprisingly, his condition once again deteriorated.

The family moved him to another facility that reluctantly allowed the IV vitamin C (albeit at a lower dose), and his lung function gradually improved. He came out of coma after four weeks, and after taking vitamin C orally, he gradually improved enough to be discharged. One year later, he was back to flying his plane and surveying his farm in New Zealand.

Act now...the article has instructions!

www.anh-usa.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-1-2011 by burntheships because: add content

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Star and flag for this one.
So,now it begins,taking away
anything that keeps us healthy.
I suppose it would be easier to
control and manipulate a sickened
society.
Round em' up and move them out.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Yes and its reasoning is it needs to be Patented.

How sick is that?

Come on FDA Vitamin C? Its in foods for crying out loud!

Oh somewhere out there I am sure there is the "sainted" corporation that is just perched to grab a patent.
Somewhere some big Corporation needs more money.

Do I remember the school books teaching us that Scurvy killed people and that just a bit of Vitamin C
could save a mans life? Yes, I think we all do.

I know that Vitamin C in a pharmacuetical grade is expensive, but it saved me from surgery once,
albeit it was not a life threatening situation, but it was my choice to try it. And it worked, I wont use the term
miraculous, as I save it for the real deal...but it was "like" a miracle in that in a matter of weeks it reversed a condition that I was told would only be fixed by "cutting it out".

Thanks for the post, and spread the word!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just eat a bunch of oranges. Most of the vitamin c in supplements (in fact most of the vitamins/minerals/chemicals in any supplements) is destroyed by the stomach acid anyway

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Well if we are left with no choice, yes thats a good idea.
Lemons too.

But it wont have the same effect as pure Vitamin C.

Not to mistake Vitamin C with Ascorbic acid, not the same thing at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Pirates and sailors centuries ago used to suffer from a disease known as scurvy all the time due to the severe lack of vitamin c in their diet. They used oranges and other citrus fruit to prevent it. Apparently that's why we're called 'Limey's'

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Yes, good point. Sure Vitamin C is necessary, in fact as you pointed out, and I highligted it also mens lives were saved by just a bit of Vitamin C.

We should have access to pharmacuetical grade Vitamin C as a healing agent without FDA control,

Vitamin C is not a drug, see then why is the FDA pawing at it?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
We should have access to pharmacuetical grade Vitamin C as a healing agent without FDA control,

Vitamin C is not a drug, see then why is the FDA pawing at it?

I agree with that, as its in foods, so why do they want to take it away?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Vitamin-C is not ascorbic acid.

False

Ascorbic acid is synthesized in the liver of most animal species. Humans have a mutated gene which disables the last conversion step of glucose into ascobic acid. The liver doesn't produce the flavinoids. These are only used to help absorb the ascorbic acid. If someone gets scurvy you can heal them with oranges, lemons, or straight ascorbic acid powder. This is why it's a vitamin, because it's essential we intake this periodically to survive. Because ascorbic acid alone will cure this diseased state in every instance, it is the true vitamin-c.

Another thing that I'd beg to differ about is the nutrients being destroyed in stomach acid. If this were true, why doesn't it happen to regular food we intake? How would any nutrients get passed this, save for liquid supplements?
edit on 6-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

UE,

There is a huge difference -

Not only vitamin C but a host of other substances and shows that what has been isolated and called "vitamins" is often but a fraction of the natural (phyto)complex that contains and in fact makes up these vital nutrients.

The closer to the natural form a vitamin/mineral is, the better for our health

www.newmediaexplorer.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Vitamins are not individual molecular compounds. Vitamins are biological complexes. They are multi-step biochemical interactions whose action is dependent upon a number of variables within the biological terrain. Vitamin activity only takes place when all conditions are met within that environ-ment, and when all co-factors and components of the entire vitamin complex are present and working together. Vitamin activity is even more than the sum of all those parts; it also involves timing.

www.whale.to...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think they are only banning "injectable" vitamin C (the liquid). There is no way they could ever ban vitamin C all together.
edit on 6-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

They will patent it not ban it.

Big difference. The patent is so that some corp can make a fortune from it.

And sure, once its patented, they will come for all of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The article is rubbish. It makes assumptions all over the place. The reason a vitamin doesn't prevent scurvy at the same 20mg as would from a whole food substance is because the rate of absorption is less than if the cofactors were involved. Our systems were designed to produce grams of ascorbic acid without needing the rest of these factors in large quantities. Some species produce grams within minutes if the animal is sufficiently stressed.
edit on 6-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Pharmaceutical companies can't patent any natural vitamins, including vitamin C.
Period.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Lets hope your right however that is exactly what is taking place here.
Did you read the OP its clear.

Around 1912, Kazimierz Funk (1884-1967) introduced the term “Vitamines” to define compounds whose dietary deficiency caused severe diseases in humans. In Funk’s list of such nutritional factors, the name “Vitamin C” was given to the factor counteracting the syndrome known as scurvy. At the time, Vitamin C was known to occur in fresh fruits and vegetables, but its molecular identity was still a mystery.

Only a few years later, Albert von Szent Gyorgyi (1893-1985) was working at the characterization of a six-carbon sugar he had obtained in crystalline form from both animal and plant tissues. Initially, he used the funny names “ignose” and “godnose” (from “God knows”) to indicate this molecule of unknown biological function, then he switched to a more neutral “hexuronic acid”.

In 1929, Szent Gyorgyi and Walter Haworth (1883-1950) could eventually identify the unknown sugar as the anti-scurvy factor Vitamin C and consequently named it “ascorbic acid”, a discovery that earned them the 1937 Nobel Prize for Medicine and Chemistry, respectively. Later on, ascorbic acid was identified as an essential factor in collagen synthesis, which accounts for its effect in scurvy prevention and cure.

Different collagen types are the most abundant proteins of the extracellular matrix, and have a basic role in strengthening mechanical tissues. In the absence of ascorbic acid, collagen fibrils are not properly assembled. Between 1950 and 1960, the molecular mechanism underlying Vitamin C protective action was discovered. Proper collagen assembly only occurs when some proline and lysine residues in the protein are selectively hydroxylated to hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine, two reactions catalyzed by the ascorbic acid-dependent enzymes prolyl- and lysyl hydroxylase (De Tullio 2004)

www.scitopics.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Just curious as to what difference it makes as to whether it can be patented or not? There is nothing stopping big pharma from manufacturing it and if anything, selling it cheaper. Red Herring I think.

The atricle also says one pharmacy, it does not state all pharmacies. Perhaps there was something about this one pharmacy that made them take this decision. Maybe it was unsanitary, maybe their manufacturing conditions were not up to par. Maybe it is nothing more than a public health issue in isolation. Sour grapes?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Present your evidence or information.

Perhaps its just as usual, that The Government wants control of everything.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Look at the prices of RX vs OTC. It's always more expensive. They suppress information on natural healing, specifically because there's less profit margin for them. Why would they get into the business of healing naturally for little profit when they already have a good thing going well?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join