It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the FDA Is Going After Vitamin C!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I hate to break this to you, but high doses of Vitamin C have not been proven to cure cancer. If this was true, there wouldn't be any cancer. The only people who claim this is true are the same people who are selling it, just like your link.

Tests have been done in the 1970s that suggest there may be benefits for cancer, but those were later found to be untrue.

If you seriously need high doses of vitamin C you can still get some from your doctor. You can still buy vitamin C pills and make them into injectable vitamin C liquids.

edit on 6-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Actually the studies have been done and compared to chemo very very promising. But you know, I take 2-6 grams, higher amounts and have gotten rid of things that I was on double doses of antibiotics for, bronchitis and tooth infections that would start to get better, then get worse as soon as the meds were gone The Vit C takes about 2 days to make a difference, 4 days to clear your lungs. And oregano oil thrown into the mix, is wonderful.

My friend refused radiation and drank a lot of P'Audarco tea for her breast cancer, and she's very healthy now, quite a few years later. she still drinks the tea for it also has been effective in studies. In addition to vit C, and alot of raw cabbage salads. In fact, she went to a alternative doctor and armed herself with a long list of all the foods she needed.

Intravaneous C has been used, successfully without side effects, but everyone in my family who took chemo, DIED. We had quite a few of them succumb to cancer in the extended family.

edit on 6-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

I hate to break this to you, but high doses of Vitamin C have not been proven to cure cancer. If this was true, there wouldn't be any cancer.

???

You think the FDA would allow anyone to admit that Vitamin C could cure cancer?
Because if they did, then they can declare it a drug.

Besides, even if there was concrete proof it did cure cancer does not mean cancer would be eradicated.
Look at the labeling on Alcohol. Its proven to cause cancer and it still sells.

The typical American diet provides little Vitamin C.
Just the FDA wants it. Synthetic vitamins in everything including flour, mandated by the FDA.

I will never understand why people lack a desire to educate themselves, or why people would defend a corrupt and complicit government.

edit on 6-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
www.vitamincfoundation.org...

Here are many many articles and links to research on the studies and findings of what intravenous C does alone or in conjunction with chemo.

Just a few:

orthomolecular.org...

He found these sick patients to be consistently low in their plasma C levels. Interestingly enough, the cancer patients he was seeing had VERY LOW vitamin C reserves. This matched scientific literature documenting low vitamin C levels in cancer patients. Cancer cells were actively taking up vitamin C in a way that depleted tissue reserves of C.
….

Intravenous vitamin C also does more than just kill cancer cells. It boosts immunity. It can stimulate collagen formation to help the body wall off the tumor. It inhibits hyaluronidase, an enzyme that tumors use to metastasize and invade other organs throughout the body. It induces apoptosis to help program cancer cells into dying early. It corrects the almost universal scurvy in cancer patients. Cancer patients are tired, listless, bruise easily, and have a poor appetite. They don't sleep well and have a low threshold for pain. This adds up to a very classic picture of scurvy that generally goes unrecognized by their conventional physicians.
When Center cancer patients receive IVC, they report that their pain level goes down, and that they are better able to tolerate their chemotherapy. They bounce back quicker since the IVC reduces the toxicity of the chemotherapy and radiation without compromising their cancer cell killing effects. IVC is complementary to oncologic care. IVC is not "either/or" - it's a good "both/and" proposition. IVC can help cancer patients withstand the effects of their traditional therapies, heal faster, be more resilient to infection, develop a better appetite, and remain more active overall. These things promote a better response to their cancer therapy.

….. Research shows that the astonishingly high levels achievable only by IVC not only help fight the risk of infection and the pain of metastases, they actually aid in the defeat of the cancer cells themselves, through a very elegant mechanism that does no harm to healthy cells. It's a discovery that the medical world is only beginning to discover.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Pharmacologic ascorbic acid concentrations selectively kill cancer cells: action as a pro-drug to deliver hydrogen peroxide to tissues.
Cell death was independent of metal chelators and absolutely dependent on H(2)O(2) formation. Cell death from H(2)O(2) added to cells was identical to that found when H(2)O(2) was generated by ascorbate treatment. H(2)O(2) generation was dependent on ascorbate concentration, incubation time, and the presence of 0.5-10% serum, and displayed a linear relationship with ascorbate radical formation. Although ascorbate addition to medium generated H(2)O(2), ascorbate addition to blood generated no detectable H(2)O(2) and only trace detectable ascorbate radical. Taken together, these data indicate that ascorbate at concentrations achieved only by i.v. administration may be a pro-drug for formation of H(2)O(2), and that blood can be a delivery system of the pro-drug to tissues. These findings give plausibility to i.v. ascorbic acid in cancer treatment, and have unexpected implications for treatment of infections where H(2)O(2) may be beneficial.

www.independent.co.uk...
Research backs theory that vitamin C shrinks tumours

New research suggesting that vitamin C can be effective in curing cancer will renew interest in the "alternative" treatment for the terminal disease.
Three cancer patients who were given large intravenous doses over a period of several months had their lives extended and their tumours shrunk, doctors reported yesterday.
A 49-year-old man diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer in 1996 was still alive and cancer-free nine years later, having declined chemotherapy and radiotherapy in favour of regular infusions of vitamin C.
….The latest study, published in the Canadian Association's Medical Journal, could trigger renewed interest in Dr Pauling's claims. Studies show that vitamin C is toxic to some cancer cells but not to normal cells. The problem has been delivering a high enough dose.
The researchers say attempts to replicate Dr Pauling's work failed because they used oral doses of the drug which is rapidly excreted. However, injections achieve blood levels 25 times higher that persist for longer. At these very high doses, the blood level of vitamin C is high enough to selectively kill cancer cells.

www.cmaj.ca... relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

Intravenously administered vitamin C as cancer therapy: three cases
Sebastian J. Padayatty, Hugh D. Riordan, Stephen M. Hewitt, Arie Katz, L. John Hoffer and Mark Levine
From the Molecular and Clinical Nutrition Section, Digestive Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (Padayatty, Katz, Levine), and the Laboratory of Pathology, Centers for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute (Hewitt), National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md.; Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research (Hoffer), McGill University, Montréal, Que.; Bio-Communications Research Institute (Riordan) (deceased), Wichita, Kan.
...Early clinical studies showed that high-dose vitamin C, given by intravenous and oral routes, may improve symptoms and prolong life in patients with terminal cancer. Double-blind placebo-controlled studies of oral vitamin C therapy showed no benefit. Recent evidence shows that oral administration of the maximum tolerated dose of vitamin C (18 g/d) produces peak plasma concentrations of only 220 µmol/L, whereas intravenous administration of the same dose produces plasma concentrations about 25-fold higher. Larger doses (50–100 g) given intravenously may result in plasma concentrations of about 14 000 µmol/L. At concentrations above 1000 µmol/L, vitamin C is toxic to some cancer cells but not to normal cells in vitro.

This shows that intravenous and in large doses is require.

This is the tip of the iceburg and there are indeed very promising findings with regards to vit C.

I myself already know through many years of being sick 4-6 months or more solid out of every year due to my Chronic Fatigue syndrom what the last year of taking ascorbic acid c in large doses does. And how quickly I can take charge of conditions that would only drag out with antibiotics.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Excellent information and links thank you!

This is the tip of the iceburg and there are indeed very promising findings with regards to vit C.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
www.wellness-institute.ca...

A separate review included preclinical evidence in addition to evidence from controlled human trials. Over 280 peer-reviewed papers are presented, including 50 human trials of collectively over 8,500 subjects, approximately 5,000 of whom were actively receiving antioxidant therapies. Again, a comprehensive review of the area highlights a lack of adverse interaction from combined antioxidant and chemotherapy intervention. Studies collectively including almost 4,000 patients actively receiving antioxidant therapy find increased survival as a treatment outcome (Simone 2007).

There had been some concern that vit c interferred wtih chemo but that is in the ordinary oral doses of 2 grams or so a day, whereas in the clinical studies done of a huge group,nearly 4 000, it turns out that used correctly, in dosage it did NOT interfere with chemo, and resulted in INCREASED SURVIVAL RATES.

So it looks like the FDA is really into, decreasing those rates.

One paper presented (Padayatty 2006), published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, highlights what is likely to become the future of intravenous Vitamin C therapy in cancer. The paper includes contributions from the National Cancer Institute, the National Institute of Health, Centers for Cancer Research, and McGill University. The paper presents only three cases, however each case is of advanced, incurable cancer, documented with the highest standard of objective histopathological assessment. All three cases achieved long-term remission, with intravenous vitamin C the likely basis for the observed outcomes.

Here you have a Canadian Medical Association comprehensive study that concerned itself with advanced cases of incurable cancer and achieved long term remissions.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
www.freshplaza.com...

This new study offers further evidence that people concerned about cancer risk should consume a diet that is rich in a variety of fruits and vegetables and that is also low in red meat in general and in processed meats (hot dogs, cold cuts, sausage and bacon) in particular.
Adopting this overall eating pattern ensures a steady supply of vitamin C and other natural substances such as carotenoids, retinol and tocopherol, which have all been linked to lower stomach cancer risk in previous EPIC results.
….

But when the researchers examined the blood levels of vitamin C (which, for certain fruits and vegetables, can provide a more accurate indication of consumption than self-reporting) they found a strong protective effect. That is: they found that those subjects with the highest level of vitamin C in their blood had a 60 percent lower risk of stomach cancer than those subjects with the lowest levels.
This protective effect was observed most strongly among those cases and controls who reported eating red and processed meats. (Red and especially processed meats contain nitrite, which can form potentially harmful carcinogens called N-nitroso compounds in the human stomach.)

So this study shows a really strong protection of having large amounts of Vit C in your bloodstream, and a good way is to be taking ¼ tsp of vit c powder in juice at every few hours to get between 3-10 grams a day. The larger amounts are very good for your heart and help counter heart disease.

The groups most impacted by dropped percentages of incidence of stomach cancer were the group most likely to succumb to this disease via larger intake of red meats, and processed meats at that, such as bacon, hot dogs and cold cuts.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Vit C and Vit K3 kill cancer cells. The K vitamins are essential for good teeth, and protection from osteeoprosis and stronger teeth enamel and there are foods that you can eat that can, heal, or basically stop further tooth decay, ie put a cavity in remission: cod liver oil, vit K (yellow butter, certain time of the year for grass fed cattle and vegetables such as brustle sprouts, broccoli, cheese, dairy, (yellow butter dairy only) and a variety can look online, Liver and Bone marrow (old fashioned soups and stews). We've been increasing this lately.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

of liver cancer cell proliferation and migration by a combination of (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate and ascorbic acid.
Wei DZ, Yang JY, Liu JW, Tong WY.
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, New World Institute of Biotechnology, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, PR China. dzhwei@ecust.edu.cn

Name says it all, and the credentials!

www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com...
heart disease. Cleans out the arteries and sludge in your system.

www.internetwks.com...
vitamin c and heart disease!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
www.vitalitymagazine.com...

Is There a Down Side to IV Vitamin C?
All cancer treatments, natural or otherwise, have potential drawbacks. While recent studies at NIH and elsewhere have shown no side effects or toxicities associated with intravenous vitamin C, there are some relative contra-indications and theoretical dangers. These include local pain at the infusion site, rapid tumour death (necrosis) with resulting toxemia, and allergic reactions and hemolytic anemia due to hereditary G6PD (glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase deficiency). With the exception of G6PD deficiency, all of these issues can be successfully dealt with to achieve the treatment benefits.
It has been falsely reported that vitamin C in mega doses can cause high blood levels of oxalic acid and oxalate kidney stones. Research over the past two decades has proven the opposite to be true – vitamin C actually prevents kidney stones. In those who already suffer from kidney stones, and who wish to use IV vitamin C, supplementation with vitamin B6 (100 – 300 mg daily) should be taken as a way of reducing oxalic acid levels in the body. ...
how to Get IV Vitamins
There are a growing number of naturopaths and medical doctors who offer IV therapies. The best thing to do is to first get a referral from your family doctor. Alternatively, contact the Canadian Complementary Medical Association (www.ccmadoctors.ca...) or the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (www.ccnm.edu...).
Dr. Zoltan P. Rona practices Complementary Medicine in Toronto and is the medical editor of “The Encyclopedia of Natural Healing.” He has also published several Canadian best selling books including “Return to The Joy of Health”. For more of his articles, see www.mydoctor.ca... 
Catch Dr. Rona at Whole Life Expo 2006 where he will be lecturing on the topic of IV Vitamin C Therapy for Cancer Patients, Sat. Nov. 25, 11:30am to 1pm. For more information, see Expo Show Guide in the November issue of Vitality or check www.wholelifecanada.com.

This actually talks about how to get the intravenous and I hope someone can move on it quickly if they need to, glad to find this. At least for Canada.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Too much misinformation on vitamin c to list in this thread! Here is a link to the foremost researcher into vitamin c ever Linus Pauling.
profiles.nlm.nih.gov...

Thanks. Good Post OP

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

These are great links Unity! Good stuff for sure!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The only thing Vitamin C does is boost your immune system slightly, which has little effect on cancer. Most studies done with Vitamin C were uncontrolled experiments which were thought to be controlled erroneously. Vitamin C can indeed prevent cancer, but not cure it.

Vitamin D is by far better than Vitamin C.

All one has to do is search "vitamin C myths" and I can post walls of information like the previous posters did.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
let them play there sily games.
it will not stop people.
we will end up with a under ground system.
a secret world where you can buy things you can not get from them.
secret doctors and hospitals where you get cheap treatment.
with drugs the work and do you no harm.
where you get clean healthy foods.
where they dont get the tax.
we need to make a underground system.
so we can sell Milk to each other.
and all the other stuff as they make it illegal.

you have to go to the street drug dealer to shoot up on vitamin C LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I just want to add this. Other things for help with serious ailments and prevention that work with the C, ascorbic acid is the part of the whole C you need, its the key fighter for your health so the whole food versus the ascorbic, well the ascorbic wins except in pill form with any additives. I've been told that they put an additive into the commonly used C's, ascorbic acid variety, that actually strips the ascorbic acid and C from your body. The one who told me this was in the military and he has given me some inside info a bit. Enough said on that!

In any case, pure powder is the best!

So, for overall health: a good lemon detox regularly. C also flushes your system but if you're weird like me, you could eat a bin of cherries in the summer while picking (and I nearly did every summer, I love cherries) and take say 6 grams of C and be bound up inside instead of cleanse.
And to take 10 grams or more really upsets my stomach. But the lemon/lime juice detox cleans you out.

However, I found taking the C in warmed up juice with Virgin Coconut oil, one tbsp, calms and soothes your stomach. So try and take larger amount then, say 3 grams, and then take smaller amount, say 1 gram, 1/4 tsp, in juice every few hours..

The virgin coconut oil is wonderful for your health. And my arthritis and back pain went away 90%, I was nearly crippled every time I got up, within 1 week.

Then sauna and heat regularly.

Lots of vitamins and good food/diet.

Excercise. Drink water, plenty of it, also this raises your vibrations and frequency. Eat fruit, high fibre fruits, walking, lots of sunshine, no sunblock, but don't burn, layer clothing as needed but still get the sun.

And breathing excercies too.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
The only thing Vitamin C does is boost your immune system slightly,

That's a bit extreme.

Most studies done with Vitamin C were uncontrolled experiments which were thought to be controlled erroneously.

Source? That just isn't an accurate statement.

Vitamin D is by far better than Vitamin C.

Agreed

All one has to do is search "vitamin C myths" and I can post walls of information like the previous posters did.

you mean the myths that big pharma keep perpetuating?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The links are there. I take Vit D, 4 grams a day, and would also like the powder for you can get huge amounts of it for health. Your body utlizies tons of D, just in the sun. I sungaze, safely, and have a thread about D and cancer studies too, in my sungazing thread.

But the C is for real, the evidence is there, and I have already noticed a huge improvement in my health and I'm disabled.

I would be careful with the detox though, health is needed, and its not necessarily fasting or diet you need. There are a few other ways as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
That's a bit extreme.

I meant towards curing illness. Vitamin C has many functions for the body, but for curing illness it only slightly boosts your immune system.

Source? That just isn't an accurate statement.

Actually it is very accurate.

www.quackwatch.com...

There are 21 references in the above link.

you mean the myths that big pharma keep perpetuating?

Pharmaceutical companies can't control every doctor in the world, so your fears are unfounded.

Cancer effects millions of people. There are hundreds of sincere people searching for a cure for cancer, and if Vitamin C was that cure, it would have been proven 100's of times over so that nobody could have any doubts. Unfortunately, there have been recent tests, many tests, that actually do nothing but create more doubts, and you better believe pharmaceutical companies have ZERO control over these tests, because a majority are private doctors trying to help their own friends and family.

Vitamin C is not a miracle drug, no matter what you say.

Vitamin C is a part of every persons diet, cancer would not exist if Vitamin C actually had any real effect.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
www.quackwatch.com...

Case reports indicate that high-dose vitamin C can produce kidney damage. And laboratory studies have shown that vitamin C might even accelerate cancer growth.

I would be careful with your dosages of Vitamin C, Unity_99.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Shows you haven't been checking into my links. Studies found that to be erroneous, medical studies done by real scientists who publish their findings.

One of the links above.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
www.canadianliving.com...

I just included this because if your health is up to semi fasting or fasting its recommended, to clean the pipes. And Canadian living isn't a fad hollywood magazine.

But you need the health for it of course, and a doctors ok is a good idea.

Sweating impurities out of the biggest organ you have, your skin, in a sauna is probably one of the biggest fighters against all forms of disease we have. I highly recommend sauna's.

Adopting stress free living habits, getting your life in order, repairing relationships where you can, letting go of hurts and blame/judgments on others, for you often wear the karma in the physical. Even if you're the one wronged, letting go, choosing to bless the lesson and see anyone who has hurt you as your younger sibling, and being the mature one, the parent to the child, and saying to everyone, you're sorry, you take responsiblity for the hurt. Writing letters to those you can't see up close.

Choosing not to argue, walk away. Model Love, Forgiveness.

One way to unblock health issues, and other issues too, to bring spiritual insight, direction and answers, is to give to others. Money, time, an ear to listen to, a helping hand, to actively seek to do unto others as you would have done.

A good spiritual routine, doesnt need to be religious or occult, but natural, Love within, meditation, lower stress, forgive and contribute/help/lend a helping hand can help in all overall lifestyle changes that incorporate good health.

But Vit C is a big factor in a health and if I have choice between eating food or taking supplements, I'd live on the supplements mainly.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Ok go ahead and poison your self. I don't care anymore.

For every link that supports your view, there is a link the disproves your view. So this is will be an infinite argument.

Good day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join