It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the FDA Is Going After Vitamin C!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Actually that is not true. In reality for the few faulty studies done to try and suppress the truth, probably funded by the big pharmas, there were studies done that found those findings to be WRONG. Links above. I like the canadian one, also the one that followed nearly 4000 people.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You conspiracy theorists always use that argument. "Oh they are suppressing the truth, nothing you ever say about studies that disprove what I say will ever be true because they are suppressing the truth". That is a cop-out. That is why it is pointless trying to discuss things with conspiracy theorists.

It is actually people like YOU who cause the government to ban stuff like Vitamin C because you go around spreading unproven myths promising a miracle cure, and people go out of their way to buy large amounts of the stuff no matter what the source is and people get sick and or die from unevaluated junk supplements.
edit on 6-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

How about the government site Pub-Med as a source. Is that a good one to site here in support of intravenous vitamin C for medical use in treating diseases?

Just go to Pub-Med and put in the search term, intravenous vitamin c therapy, Read through them as I have but it will take some time as there are 536 returns for that search.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

try it yourself. The proof is out there and it is on government sites themselves. There is a conspiracy and it is a collusion between the FDA and Big Pharma I assure you.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

If you seriously need high doses of vitamin C you can still get some from your doctor. You can still buy vitamin C pills and make them into injectable vitamin C liquids.

You cannot make pills into injectable liquids.
Even pure vitamin C pills contain binder to hold them together. Only an idiot would advocate injecting pill binder.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I never said Vitamin C didn't work for diseases. Actually I clearly said Vitamin C would boost the immune system, and Vitamin C from natural places like oranges is all you really need.

However, I was arguing high dosage of Vitamin C will NOT cure cancer.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

For Doctors: Preparation of Vitamin C IV's

I was talking about sodim ascorbate crystals, which is not banned. Not exactly pills, but crystals.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The links for Canadian sources of exactly what you require for the injections above.

Another useful link, especially if you have pdfit like I do, along with another pdf thingy:

www.doctoryourself.com...
Preparation of Sodium Ascorbate for IV and IM Use
(For physicians only)

www.indiadivine.org...

Details here

Intravenous Vitamin C for Cancer Cure on ABC News

45 grams every week intravenously. The equivalent of 500 oranges!

Dr. Rowen, MD Intravenous Vitamin C Helps Cells Heal Fast

Intravenous Vitamin C for Cancer Cure on CBC News

Vitamin C IV Fights Cancer y]
edit on 6-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The only cure for cancer is stricter environmental regulation including elimination of x-rays and gamma ray sources from human exposure. Ridding ourselves of bio-accumulative toxins of all sorts and ridding ourselves of all known but government allowed sources of food borne contaminates such as pesticides, herbicides, BGH, Bt corn for livestock and many others. To say that Vitamin C is not effective as a treatment for certain cancers is just ignorant of the facts. Let me enlighten you.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The list would go on for pages but this is enough to make my point. IV administered C is a great potential benefit to patients suffering from cancer.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

For Doctors: Preparation of Vitamin C IV's

I was talking about sodim ascorbate crystals, which is not banned. Not exactly pills, but crystals.

Of course you were. That's why you said:

You can still buy vitamin C pills and make them into injectable vitamin C liquids.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Another thing that I'd beg to differ about is the nutrients being destroyed in stomach acid. If this were true, why doesn't it happen to regular food we intake? How would any nutrients get passed this, save for liquid supplements?

I think it has something to do with the way the stomach acid will denature/destroy the chemical if it comes into contact with it directly. As most food is digested in the small intestine it remains safe inside the cells of the animal or plant

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You people just used the "big pharma suppressing this" card.... then you go and paste government websites, and main stream media videos to support your cause.
Oh the irony.

So if you get to post ABC and CBC News videos, how about CBS News videos?

www.cbsnews.com...

Sorry to tell you this but.... cancer is what happens when cells don't die when they are supposed to. Vitamin C does nothing to kill these "immortal" cells. Vitamin C strengthens your immune system, but your immune system doesn't see cancer as a problem so it doesn't attack it. If anything Vitamin C strengthens your body, AND the "immortal" cancer cells, and has little to no effect on cancer.

You can't argue that... period.
edit on 7-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Don't argue semantics. Those crystals are available packet tightly in pill like shapes and don't require any bonding agent. I was talking about the same thing....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I trust peer reviewed articles on PubMed over CBS news. Don't forget that some of the biggest sponsors of corporate news are drug companies.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Look, ascorbate is an acid. The effects it would have on cancer cells are no different than the effects that citric acid or any acid would have on it. It would just "burn" the cancer cells, but that is only if it is applied directly to the cells. You would have to use enough to completely "burn" all the cancer cells physically. I could easily claim battery acid helps cure cancer too, because it would burn the cancers cells as well....

If you inject ascorbate into your blood, there is no controlling how much ascorbate even reaches the cancer cells, or if it even does. So you would have to consume insane amounts just to get any little effect on the cells. Then your body may even use the ascorbate for other purposes, and those purposes could cause the cancer cells to increase.

Injecting Vitamin C is different than consuming it because consuming it will reduce the acid effect in your stomach before it reaches your blood. Injecting it allows the acid to flow through your veins and very small amounts of it will maybe potentially reach the cancer cells. You would have to increase your blood pH levels to insane amounts to kill cancer with Vitamin C, and that would kill you as well, and damage many parts of your body.

Vitamin C is not a miracle cure for cancer. Period.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I could easily claim battery acid helps cure cancer too, because it would burn the cancers cells as well....

You could easily make that claim, but could you easily get it published in a medical journal? Why don't you try debunking some of the linked articles instead of restating your position that seems to be based on absolutely nothing.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
You could easily make that claim, but could you easily get it published in a medical journal?

LOL... probably, if it wasn't such common sense.

You get cancer cells, drip some battery acid on it, and I guarantee you those cancer cells will die. Effectively "killing cancer". Actually, it will even kill insects too...

Why don't you try debunking some of the linked articles instead of restating your position that seems to be based on absolutely nothing.

Obviously you know nothing about the medical field if you didn't understand the point of my last post.

All of the articles you posted hint about Vitamin C having very LITTLE effect on cancer. Not zero effect, but LITTLE effect. My last post agrees with the little effect aspect. That is all there ever will be. Injectable Vitamin C will never completely cure cancer. It may kill a few cells, because after all, Vitamin C is just acid. However you would have to take lethal amounts of it have any real effects.

I'm done here.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Moreover, a regimen of daily pharmacologic ascorbate treatment significantly decreased growth rates of ovarian (P < 0.005), pancreatic (P < 0.05), and glioblastoma (P < 0.001) tumors established in mice. Similar pharmacologic concentrations were readily achieved in humans given ascorbate intravenously. These data suggest that ascorbate as a prodrug may have benefits in cancers with poor prognosis and limited therapeutic options.

I guess in your mind significant actually means "very little". I could quote more examples but it is obvious you aren't interested in actual research.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Significantly decrease GROWTH. This means it DID NOT stop the growth, it just decrease the growth. In order to cure cancer you need to completely stop the growth. Then you need to go even beyond that and kill the cancer cells. Vitamin C can not do that because Vitamin C is not a cure for cancer.

I would find more flaws in your research but it's obvious you have confirmation bias and it would be a waste of my time.

Good day.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I never said Vitamin C cures cancer. I was simply refuting your claim that Vitamin C has "very little effect". I was denying your ignorance if you will.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I never said Vitamin C cures cancer.

Of course you didn't.... I wasn't originally talking to you either. You decided to interrupt a conversation I was having with someone else about Vitamin C curing cancer. My argument is that Vitamin C doesn't cure cancer.

I was simply refuting your claim that Vitamin C has "very little effect".

You were TRYING to refute my claim, and you were failing miserably. You are now trying to argue semantics. "Very little effect" is not a scientific measurement of effect. There is no scale at which "very little" is defined. It is merely based on opinion. If your best quote from a doctor is that Vitamin C "significantly reduced growth", well that too is not a scientific measurement.

Taking into context that my argument is about curing cancer completely, I would say that only "reducing growth" is "very little" of the entire process of curing cancer. So Vitamin C has "very little effect" towards curing cancer.

Arguing semantics is elementary, but you seemingly challenged me.

I was denying your ignorance if you will.

Maybe you should first deny your own ignorance. When you do that, the illusion of ignorance you perceive in others should perish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join