It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO?? In Discovery Channel Documentary Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just an enquiry really into what people think this may or may not be?, I'm a nut for documentaries and having got comfortable this evening I decided give Mr Dimbleby's journey through Russia a viewing it's been Ok to good so far but got very interesting in part 3 on You Tube at 7.21 (I'll post the link). An object appears in the top left of the screen (If you look very carefully it appears to be heading in the cameras direction) it then turns descends and proceeds to disappear to the left of the shot. I checked the comments section to the video after spotting this and there was another hawk eye who'd spotted it (It's surprisingly hard to miss!!) However this is where the investigation ends as no further comments were left. The doc's been out a while and this comment was left 8 months ago so it's not exactly new and it's certainly no smoking gun! But it has aroused my curiosity as to what it could possibly be given the sharp decline and directional change (possibly intelligent movement). I did a quick search and could not find anything on ATS so I'd like to get some feedback on this thanks.

Note. The video can be viewed in 720p (It should also be viewed in full screen)
edit on 5-1-2011 by Skippy_dhc because: Additional info

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy_dhc

Very interesting catch, and it does seem to come into view then suddenly veer to the left at a high rate of speed...Hhhhmmmmm? I don't know what to say, I would suggest that you get the stills, the whole 2-4 sec's of it frame by frame and post those as your topic of conversation over view picture's though. I think with the still frames, you will draw the ATSer's in here that need to see this to give you some real input of the possibilities of what this is...
"Good Find!!" S&F
"Couldn't "Star" you Skippy, it is an introduction thread, Sorry..."

edit on 083131p://2274 by Allred5923 because: Right to left direction explanation

edit on 083131p://4174 by Allred5923 because: Couldn't award Star and Flag was presented

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Certainly is a good find.
I don`t know what to make of it. I`ll have to study it more.
I couldn`t star you neither.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

lnteresting find skippy. No idea what it could be, lm sure there will be someone who will be able to help shed some light on it. would star and flag but can only star.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
HA! I opened the thread and clicked the youtube link without reading your post, and was wondering, what the heck does this have to do with UFOs??! then i saw the object at 7:21..... hard to miss, and pretty damn cool!

I dont think its a lens flare, could be a metorite, could be a alien!! who knows
)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm glad a few of you find this interesting and thanks for the replies. From what i can make of it it cant' be anything that i can recognise from my interest in aviation. It really is the movement for me that's the biggest puzzle. As i stated earlier it seems to perform a maneuver that i assume only intelligence could and extremely quickly at that. I also can't see it being a meteor etc for the same reasoning and I'm not even gonna get started on swamp gas or weather balloons. Ive watched the clip now over and over and am trying my hardest to debunk my own post!. There are angles i cannot cover like camera effects and insect/bird illusions etc, and this could easily prove to be the answer. However it still moves in a peculiar manner to my eye and i find these doubtful with what i do know. It isn't the clearest or longest video I've ever seen but it certainly has me scratching my head, especially as it just seems to disappear (Although it does seem to fade rather than vanish). I'm trying to gage it's distance but this is proving a difficult task for me at the moment. Allred5923 thanks for your input and i think stills might be the way to go. I'm just not to sure yet how to go about them!! I'm just looking for a logical answer that seems beyond me at the moment. In my mind this is a UFO for now.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Looks like a small meteor to me... the last frame is a streak

edit on 5-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Zorgon i see your point it was my first thought! But i must admit I'm still not 100% convinced with that explanation, my reasons being are that Ive been viewing this clip over and over on a 37'' screen and when looked at very carefully it can be seen very faintly at 7.18 on a flat trajectory it then proceeds to arc into a vertical dive and twist out to the left of the screen going from 12'o'clock and exiting the picture at 4'o'clock performing a change in direction i really don't see how a meteor would or could perform. Also the last frame you've given isn't the last frame again if viewed at detail you'll see that whatever it is distorts the clouds to the left of the screen before it exits. As i touched on earlier whatever it is loses light reflection but seems to still continue on a path out to the left. I live in a rural area and the sky is amazing on a clear night and i can honestly say for all the time Ive spent star gazing and the many meteors Ive seen i have never seen one do anything like that. Thank you though for taking the stills it's much appreciated, but if you look very very closely you'll see what i mean.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I wanted to add something I discovered. I viewed the video via the youtube site so I could watch in full screen and in HD. Unfortunetly my internet speed is lacking so it is a little frustrating. I went to school for special makeup effects in movies and I am trained somewhat in CGI. My point with this is I have a very good eye for detail and I DISCOVERED something else with this video.

The object in question actually comes into view at about 7:18 as soon as the documentary cuts to the boat with sky in full view. This is very tiny and needs to be Full screen to see it. I also want to point out that this UFO shoots upwards when first seen, From bottom to top, NOT from the top of the screen down, like a meteor.

This UFO looks and moves in an upward direction first(it's very faint) kind of like when you are watching fireworks on the fouth of July and you see the men light the mortars and they have that little bit of a visible tail as it rockets off into the sky.

My yellow line is only to represent the general direction this thing goes, and the actual ufo is about a centimeter or less above tip of the arrow pointing straight up

So check it out it HD on the youtube site with full screen on, if your computer is capable to view that. I have included a pic of it of where to look. Dang I am good!

OP...If you seen what I seen earlier, I apologize I did not see the post before I posted this one
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6ed4936fe73.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 6-1-2011 by Moose318 because: Spelling andpicture correction

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This is one of the best vids Ive seen in awhile. It appears to maneuver to me. I guess the only other question is whether there is some sort on natural phenomenon that could explain this movement from a meteor? It appears to be headed toward the camera position then veer away. Are we 100% sure that UFO footage was a part of the original documentary? Has anyone confirmed with the Producer or the Discovery Channel officials that this clip was in the original documentary?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Good find OP. S&F for you. I just wanted to add I have seen ufos in shows and movies before too. There used to be a show called Sightings many years ago. There was an episode that had the footage of the UFO on the ground in the woods blinking. Well...during that episode they show the house in the daylight and there was an object that had flown straight up with alot of speed from the yard adjacent to the house. Another one I seen was an old street fighter kung fu movie. The scene was shot at an airport, but there was a metal sphere in the shot hovering.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy_dhc
Also the last frame you've given isn't the last frame again if viewed at detail you'll see that whatever it is distorts the clouds to the left of the screen before it exits.

Noticed this too, glad someone else did. After it's disappeared from view, if you imagine what path it'd take if it was still visible you'll probably notice it. Personally I'm trying at the moment to consider that a lot of the things seen could be normal, and in this case I think it could simply be a bird. It'd have to be one with white on it's top or bottom then another colour on it's opposite side, which explains why it comes in and out of view. It could simply be that it's dark coloured side was facing us and not reflecting hardly any light, but as it moved in the air and it's lighter side faced us the sun caught it. Then obviously it's disappeared from sight as it's moved again and it's darker coloured side is facing us. Not sure how that would account for the dark blur you can see further on, but it's just an idea.
edit on 6-1-2011 by JoseChung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Dude! Did you guys catch the part where AFTER it fades out, you can still see a black mass go past the cloud. I see that black mass. Check it out! It goes almost to the bottom of the screen and really really fast. Don't take your eyes off of it.

Not just that, but another poster pointed out that it does a loop before it's really visible. I can see that clearly plus what I have stated.

This is definitely a UFO and there is no way it's a meteor. Anyone who has a good pair of eyes and HD capabilities can see this no problem...

Incredible find! How did the cutting room floor miss this??
edit on 1/6/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

Sorry - Above poster beat me to it.

edit on 1/6/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Have been checking what Seagull species are in Russia, and am going to guess that what we're seeing could be something similar to this, and it just catches light as it turns onto it's other side : en.wikipedia.org...

Although yeah, will still keep an open mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I seen that too just forgot to post it..lol

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JoseChung

Seagull eh? That's one highly reflective seagull with the capabilities to vertically launch itself straight up and loop around with Tremendous speed.
I dont mean to poke fun at your theory...but a seagull??? I am assuming you have actually watched the video right. I am sorry to burst your bubble, but I believe a seagull or bird of any kind can be ruled out.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
Seagull eh? That's one highly reflective seagull with the capabilities to vertically launch itself straight up and loop around with Tremendous speed.
I dont mean to poke fun at your theory...but a seagull??? I am assuming you have actually watched the video right. I am sorry to burst your bubble, but I believe a seagull or bird of any kind can be ruled out.

No probs at all if you think it's a ridiculous idea, it might be, was just guessing. Am imagining that if it's a bird it's simply flown upwards and what we can see is it gliding down as it's turned, and it's at about the same distance as the boats that are on the left side of the picture. If I had a decent sized HD monitor to see this on I'd maybe have other ideas, but this monitor isn't showing the picture brilliantly.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JoseChung

I understand...Please dont get me wrong...My intentions were not to be rude. This does seem to be more of a light(meteor like light) than a reflection of feathers in my opinion. The smoking gun for me is the vertical lift. I tried to take in account illusionary angles to support your seagull theory...but cannot keep my mind open towards that. I even thought perhaps it could be like a flare getting shot up, but the problem with that is it is white, and it has sudden turn in movement and velocity. It's a tough one to debunk. I do apologize again if you taken offense to my previous comment.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
I do apologize again if you taken offense to my previous comment.

Like I said, no probs! For me to get offended by something said to me it takes something pretty brutal, have been on some crazy forums over the years so I don't get wound up easily.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This is absolutely consistent with the flight behaviors of seagulls.

It is also white, leading me to believe it was a gull.
edit on 6/1/11 by Adept_Zero because: "was" a gull, not "is a gull"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join