It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO?? In Discovery Channel Documentary Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Best to view this in VLC media player...(unless you have a more advanced prog) zoom into the craft (because it definitely is a craft), and slow the speed down to 0.12x playback...you'll see the craft rise up and loop over before swooping down and out of shot.

Okay I will pull up VLC player and look at it again... your clip seems to have lost detail

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I was able to download a nice copy in HD in mp4 format(quicktime) But quicktime player just allows me to view it. I need quicktime pro to edit it and try and single those frames out. No money to do so
I am trying to comeup with another way to sucessfully transfer it over and run as a loop to view here. My chances are slim though

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

If your on pc you can always use movie maker to edit all you want, and its free of charge. I advise you to use the version for windows7 if you can, since it allows for the file format you have. Just a tip.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've got a 720p Ac3 mkv version and have been using VLC player to try and get a different take on this. When slowed down to 0.25x the movement of the object becomes much easier to view. If you up the sharpness this seems to bring the luminosity of the object really into context and it's certainly reflecting quite a lot of light. I have also taken stills at 0.25x of the object and then opened the images in photo shop to be able to really get a closer look. I will attempt to post these later when i can make them a viewable size and work out how to upload them to the site (Being a noob at this editing stuff!).

Anyone who's viewing this through VLC and is a bit more able than me i invite you to do the same and zoom right in on the stills and post the image's.I think it's definitely of benefit.

I still find the clip inconclusive and have reconsider the bird theory after viewing it again especially when slowed to 0.25x and Sigma is full (As the object travels in the clouds i thought i made out a flap of a wing) . But for me there's still some problems with this, on top of what's previously been stated the stills i took of this didn't seem to help this theory or the suspected flap out as much as i thought they might.

The possible flap still where the objects heading out through the clouds is briefly in the shape of a black 'V' (The only still that may support the bird theory in my opinion), in the very next still though it's two 'V''s (the only still Ive found with two objects) fairly well spaced giving you what looks like two objects separated out from one another but not identical. At no other point in the clip can i identify this object as a bird or even a silhouette bird like. Another problem here is for a bird to be at this angle as a 'V' it would be heading pretty much towards or away from the camera and instead its exiting to the left. It could be a trick of the camera/eye or twisting rapidly but it doesn't look like its a tracer and two of them?

From what i can make out of the object in the stills and slowed to 0.25x it appears solid, climbing or on a flat trajectory at the start of the clip, pulse's reflection at the beginning (at 0.25x), appears at high altitude, it's highly luminescent with a very bright reflection, highly manoeuvrable descending rapidly, creates a small bright streak more like a meteor than anything else, is very fast, doesn't seem to maintain a constant shape, appears black in the clouds (it could possibly be twisting), and flies very smooth angles. I also noted that right at the end of the where it exit's it's white again, but only very briefly in the last few frames.

I must admit I'm still not totally sure what to make about this one, for me at this very moment it's either SUPER bird or just STRANGE. Very sorry again for no posted stills it's being worked on.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Skippy_dhc because: Edit

edit on 8-1-2011 by Skippy_dhc because: Edit

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy_dhc

You can use imageshack and i belive ATS has a place you can upload your pictures to aswell, despite its a jungle sometimes navigating here. Would be interresting seeing your images.

I tried myself to zoom in using VLC like people have said but I can't seem to get it working correct.
edit on 8-1-2011 by thecsb because: spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok here are some stills that i was using for my last post. I note the object's definitely heading up or towards the camera at the start of the clip but this was hard to catch and I'm working on getting a decent still so these are from where it loop's onwards. They are not great but are the best i could do for now.

Red Arrow - Points to the object.
Blue Arrow - Gives a rough direction that the object's travelling in.

At the start of the loop...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9430d6559c4.jpg[/atsimg]

Starts descending...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bfe20313086.jpg[/atsimg]

Still descending...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0bf3fd73cdd.jpg[/atsimg]

Entering Clouds...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf0bb6cb4e01.jpg[/atsimg]

First V/Triangle in Clouds...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca4d3cfb956d.jpg[/atsimg]

Second V/Triangle...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed457e5ae6e0.jpg[/atsimg]

Caught exiting the screen...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52372babfa1e.jpg[/atsimg]

I made some point's about these stills in my last post, but it would be great to hear what others make of these if anything.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I will try and upload some of these stills at a higher res as these may be more useful.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecsb

You can use imageshack and i belive ATS has a place you can upload your pictures to aswell, despite its a jungle sometimes navigating here. Would be interresting seeing your images.

I tried myself to zoom in using VLC like people have said but I can't seem to get it working correct.
edit on 8-1-2011 by thecsb because: spelling

I also couldn't get the zoom function on VLC to work for me either, I had to take screenshots and then work with them on other platforms.I did however mange to upload using ATS media so thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy_dhc
First V/Triangle in Clouds...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca4d3cfb956d.jpg[/atsimg]

Second V/Triangle...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed457e5ae6e0.jpg[/atsimg]

Good catch! I'm going with bird wings, and believe it's a bird even more now. Just read your post and you mention how it splits into two V's in that second image. Could that be a camera glitch? If so and you look at the other images you linked, the Skua bird I posted a pic of fits even more, although that particular bird was more of a guess at the time, was just trying to find something that had a mixture of dark and white.
edit on 10-1-2011 by JoseChung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Very interesting find their. It seems under some sort of mindful control..

I have also found a rather intetresting ufo similar to this but in much older stock footage during testing of the flying wing videos. Alien Engineering Pt1 aired on the History Channel but you must watch it in the programs native resolution as youtube version is very low res. If you go to 6.47 you will see a white streak appear and zoom of
in an instant. It seems on a straight line trajectory and certainly isnt a bird.
Any body else find this ufo..? Any insights fellas..?

img811.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
My opinion is that it moves to fast and is to bright to be a bird of any kind, so its a ufo until proven other wise by expert analysis Great find thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JoseChung

I can see the bird theory as I've stated if not skepticaly at times in some of my previous posts. This was i believe to be well founded skepticism as I've had to view this countless times over and over for the logical part of my mind to say this object could be a bird, But i still wouldn't want to put my house on it.

I'm definitely saying this seems to be the best known explanation so far, but there seems to be a few issues here to be conclusive.

The fact it appears in loop at the beginning, given the speed of the maneuver and rate of descent id expect it to be allot closer to the camera, the 'V' doesn't appear to be heading the right direction to be consistent with a birds flight on exit, and finally the fact it seems to reflect light better than any other bird in the entire documentary creating it's own mini streak.

It's not quite a done deal for me, but i also accept i may be wrong and all of the above could well be consistant with a bird on camera. And if so it's just aswell they don't all apear like this as we'd all have our work cut out.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jay414
My opinion is that it moves to fast and is to bright to be a bird of any kind, so its a ufo until proven other wise by expert analysis Great find thanks for sharing.

If theres one thing my analysis hasn't been it's 'expert' so we'll just have to wait. It's nice to see others share some of my concern's with the bird theory.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
the music at that second is harmonious with its movement
its a nice catch but i think its a bird.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A bird, a BIRD? Since when do birds strap rocket boosters on enabling them to shoot up into the sky and then horizontally across the sky disturbing the clouds without flapping their wings? The video looks normal speed, pay attention to the water movement, it looks pretty normal to me, no?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicknack
A bird, a BIRD? Since when do birds strap rocket boosters on enabling them to shoot up into the sky and then horizontally across the sky disturbing the clouds without flapping their wings? The video looks normal speed, pay attention to the water movement, it looks pretty normal to me, no?

Look at the boats it's above. I think it's about that distance. So, have you ever watched birds flying around for a bit? I've seen birds all over the place flying at those speeds, and turning at all types of angles. They amaze me to be honest with the way they can do it, so I don't get what you mean by rocket boosters at all, just seems like a normal speed to me. Also, if the wind was going in the same direction as the exit path, it's probably just flown up against it, then down following it's current, which would make it easier to go fast.

I'm a believer in UFO's too, and 50/50 on Aliens, so don't think I've got any problems with finding out I'm wrong. Ah, and you mentioned the clouds being disturbed : thanks, as that's my one main sticking point with the whole thing. I think that might be some type of camera glitch though.
edit on 10-1-2011 by JoseChung because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join