It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Meteor Sightings Across 5 U.S. States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This sounds like a pretty big one over the USA last night, it was reported in several states. What is interesting is that in one article it states that NORAD has warned FEMA that this month will have a lot of activity.

www.kltv.com
Thousands of reports tonight across Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri of a big ball of fire with a tail, flying across the northeast sky. Calls began coming into our newsroom a little after 9:30, all with the same story. Witnesses describe something that looked like a meteor or a comet. Authorities across East Texas are looking for answers tonight.

A spokesman for the National Weather Service in Fort Worth said the sightings were not tied to a weather event and were likely a meteor shower.

NORAD has told FEMA today was the first day of heightened meteor showers that could last the rest of the month.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is quite interesting, as I thought last month was supposed to be particularly busy, which it seemed to be, but the fact that NORAD have felt the need to inform FEMA is even more suspicious!
As you can see from the links below, it even made the news briefly over here in the UK!

Related News Links:
www.zwire.com
www.guardian.co.uk

[edit on 7-8-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is some alarming news. Since FEMA is being notified you got to suspect the possibility of some causing significant damage to be real.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
So far I've not found any confirmation on the FEMA issue. I'll continue to dig and would ask that the author also. If we can't find confirmation we may have to reword the title/article a bit.

No worries, let's just see what we can verify.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
it seems that aussie bloke is coming back to haunt all the doubters

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Okay, I have changed the title of the article. If we can get a second source, or somebody wants to call FEMA for verification on whether the alleged alert from NORAD actually took place, post it in this thread and the title will be changed back ASAP.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Although the story at
Reports of Object "Falling from the Sky" Wednesday Night
refers to 'officials',
� the 'officials' are not 'as reported by' or otherwise supported.

Officials with the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) report to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) that a heightened period of meteor showers was expected to begin Wednesday night and continue through the month

Is it a lack of credibility or a lack of accreditation?
These comments appear to be 'woven' into the story to avoid the issue.
It is either a reflection of the local standards for reporting news,
�or something is trying to slide under the door.

...X...

[edit on 2004-7-8 by Teknik]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well, empowered with our motto of "Deny Ignorance" I believe any member who thinks this is worth getting to the bottom of should make a few phone calls.

It's not like somebody's gonna bite your head off for asking.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I suspect it could be connected with this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I will keep my eyes open tonight to see if there will be any more activity..

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The following email has been sent to David Passey - listed as Regional Public Affairs officer out of the Denton, TX, FEMA office:

There are two separate news articles out of East Texas stating that NORAD has alerted FEMA to an increased meteor activity for the rest of the month. Could you please confirm whether this is true or not? And if so, is this something they always do? I have never heard of this happening before.

www.ktre.com...

www.kltv.com...

Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.

I'll post here as soon as I hear something.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Are you beat me too it! I was going to post about the second article but I have only just started my lunch break...
Do you think it would be best to wait to see if you get a response from FEMA, before I send them an e-mail?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
also weather watch its getting a bit blustering down here in the uk expeted storm over south uk i wonder if its conetced to to the meatore, events i am in the north west its freezing in the middal off july ?

[edit on 8-7-2004 by leejones]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Do you think it would be best to wait to see if you get a response from FEMA, before I send them an e-mail?

I emailed both stations: editors, managers, etc.
(I am on the other side of the planet, a phone call from here= not happening)

They will probably not even consider replying,
perhaps the online story might get an 'edit' to confirm any effect, if any.

It would be convenient if an ATS member living nearby could call them though.

[edit on 2004-7-8 by Teknik]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I am in E Texas and saw flashes high in the sky before and after the event yet there were no rain clouds anywhere around so perhaps they were smaller meteorites coming down

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
where do allthese showers come from?? have they secretly blown something up in space with a new weapon???

and UK weather is loopy doopy at moment no joke, rain rainstorms, sun, storms, rain, sun,sun, rain, winds 60mph plus............

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
We had the same thing here in Oklahoma last night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Communication from FEMA so far:

There has been no communication between NORAD and FEMA's regional office in
Denton, TX. I will ask about communication to other FEMA offices.

My response:

Dear Mr. Passey,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and thank you for pursuing this. I look forward to hearing what you learn.

Regards,

Agent, I think you should contact at least one, if not both of the news stations quoted here and ask for verification on the statement.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
check this out link to more news about it on time bomb what do you think green firballs ? or green ships

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I will try and contact them when I get home after work, can't do it here unfortunatly! I see Teknik already has though, so hopefully he will have heard back by the time I get a chance to anyhow!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
After revisiting the two sites claiming FEMA-NORAD reporting,
� some unusual details arise from the rubbish bin.

Aside from being the only sites to allege this idea,
� the two sites are 'sister' television stations (in Texas)
� which becomes apparent when viewing the coding of their websites.

A satellite station to Liberty's KLTV in Tyler, KTRE has uniquely
positioned itself in the Lufkin-Nacogdoches market of east Texas

KLTV 7 claims to cover Tyler-Longview (+Jacksonville)
� while KTRE-TV bills itself as covering Lufking/Nacogdoches.

KLTV 7 seems to work off of Associated Press and WorldNow
� and KTRE-TV is an ABC affiliate.

Both stories obviously arose from the same source,
� written up differently in order to apparently satisfy content differentiation requirements.

Emails querying the NORAD-FEMA assertion to mangerial and editing principals
� listed on both sites remain unanswered and unacknowledged.
There is little doubt they will remain so....

Considering the concept of hundreds of FEMA personnel mobilizing to enforce
Martial Law arising from some scenario involving NORAD splashing a few airliners
� under a cover-story of a UFO-meteorite crash in a key population center,
� the truth is some cub reporter probably just botched their note-taking,
� something along the lines of leaving a tip for the bartender using the wrong kind of notes...

...X...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wonder why these things always happens in the US. Im from the Netherlands. I can only say our summer is very bad this year. Only rain, storms. Very hard rain and thunders sometimes. I never saw that before. But it can also be just a bad summer and next year it will be different.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join