It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Meteor Sightings Across 5 U.S. States

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Even if the snake "story" is true, it's still hard to believe. The timing was too close. You think it would happen more often if it's that easy for a snake to knock power out like that. Then again it's such a lame story that it just might be true.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Okay, I don't know much about meteors, in fact, I don't think I've ever even seen one...but wouldn't a meteor "shower" appear different than a big ball of fire? It looks like the individual meteors would be spaced out some. Can somebody clear me up on that? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by junknewsie

Okay, I don't know much about meteors, in fact, I don't think I've ever even seen one...but wouldn't a meteor "shower" appear different than a big ball of fire?

Yep. hence the name shower..Like small drops coming from single area of the sky. The showers are named for the constellation from which they appear to be radiating.

A big ball of fire, like a Bolide
Is a bigger piece of debris that can break up into smaller ones as it burns up in the atmosphere. I've seen a total of ONE of those. I was sitting in a car at a stoplight, about 3am in the morning. I was facing JUST the right direction, it shot across the sky, sparks flying off, different colors. Amazing.

When I got home, my phone was ringing..I answered it by saying, "METEOR"
It was someone I know, who was a 911 dispatcher, she always called me whenever they got a lot UFO reports!

Oh, I almost forgot, this same Meteor was seen 600 miles south of me as well.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by spacedoubt]

XL5

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I was told in electronics eng. class that high voltage lines have a circiut breaker that stays on for a couple of seconds while a short/animal is across the lines, then shuts power off and then on again. It does this so the snake or whatever is causing the short to burn up and the power doesn't need to be reset manually. I'm not sure what the short resistance would need to be to cause a guy to have to reset/repair the system.

A power outage is a great way to divert the cause of panic.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It does seem rather far fetched, but like someone else pointed out it is so strange it could be true. But wouldn't cutting power off be more likely to drag attention to the meteor, as it would be dark and people wouldn't be distracted by the TV and whatnot?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well, all I can add...and this is slightly OT..is that whenver we lost power, in Tyler, the standard answer was that it was due to "squirrels on Glennwood St."
The animal "response" seems to be a popular one, in East Texas, when things go a little off.
I plan to call my conspiracy -minded friend in Tyler to get her "take" on this whole episode.
joey

XL5

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It depends if the power went out before the meteor or after.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Here is a link about all the activity recently. It also puts a new theory forth about the universe. It is a very interesting read. Makes one wonder about the things that have been going on.

www.rense.com...

[edit on 9-7-2004 by jmilici]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
sorry, I posted the wrong link. I was copieng that link to send to a friend. Here is the proper link.

www.rense.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
One thing I have started to think, regarding the whole Aussie Bloke thing, is that it might be possible that it (The AB hoax) was delibrately done in order to throw ridicule onto the subject.
Indeed when I brought attention to this thing at the beginning I was worried that people would poke fun at it, because of AB hoax, in fact I am worried to talk about it any time now even though it's a subject I find fascinating.
Whenever anyone mentions meteors online now, you can guarantee someone will come back with the Aussie Bloke thing.
Just an idea..................

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
SO! Is this the beginning of the solar systems transit through this interstellar material of the Ort cloud( spelling may be wrong) all these folks are talking about . As we get further into it do the meteors get more numerous. What other changes can we expect? Whats all this talk about other changes in our solar system occurring at this time, are these things related? Is there material such as highly charged plasmas in this cosmic cloud?
Looks like a lot going on in our solar system that untill now has been relatively quite.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I thought we get like dozens of meteors and a few meteorites every day all over the world. I guess once you start thinking of noticing news reports of these things, you'll start "seeing" more of them. I think it's very common, and you're only now noticing because of the recent hoax.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
One thing I have started to think, regarding the whole Aussie Bloke thing, is that it might be possible that it (The AB hoax) was delibrately done in order to throw ridicule onto the subject.
...X...
Just an idea..................

And possibly a credible one.
Speculation: If meteors become 'normal' occurrences, one might accidentally down a flight:

If an aircraft goes down because a meteor clips off a wing, nobody blames the pilot.

Perhaps you also considered that the FEMA-NORAD blip might be smokescreen material
� prematurely invoked, something discussed in smoke-filled backrooms
� where some kind of coordinated psy-ops are being prepared
� to coincide with known and anticipated events?

By pre-emptively painting these ideas into the tin-foil-hat corner,
� an entity could, under the cover of a tragic event, get away with murder.

(Disclaimer: I didn't think that thought. It's all in your head, not mine...)

...X...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DramaticPause
I thought we get like dozens of meteors and a few meteorites every day all over the world. I guess once you start thinking of noticing news reports of these things, you'll start "seeing" more of them. I think it's very common, and you're only now noticing because of the recent hoax.

On the contrary, meteors do not occur everyday the way they have occured in the last few months. Most meteors burn up in the atmosphere and come down in little pebbles that don't get noticed most of the time, until bubba gets curious about a little rock he found in his back yard and then it is examined; most of the time established residency years back. There have been fire balls reported quite frequently over the past couple of months.

You know, our media already frantically searches for local news to keep consumers watching, do you think that if this was a "daily" occurance that it would go un reported? Also if this was happening everyday like they say it does, it would be old news by now and we would have gotten reports months/years back and maybe not now. Hopefully I am making sense.

Sure, I know that our media is sensored at times, yadda yadda yadda, but there is also the internet...people report every little thing over the net and check local news, the stations, etc. This mass communication didn't just happen over the past few months. Joe is going to call mom, mom the aunt, etc. if they see something.

I know a lot of people that know nothing about this hoax thing and they are showing concern over everything that is happening lately, not just the fireball thing. Something is up - can I prove it? No..Can any of us do anything about it? No...So why do we pursue something that we don't really have control over? Because most human beings do not like deception, they seek out clarity/truth and it eats at us if we feel that we are being deceived. Some times we get a little paranoid, but most of the time if we have a gut feeling that something isn't right, it probably isn't -

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Indeed when I brought attention to this thing at the beginning I was worried that people would poke fun at it, because of AB hoax, in fact I am worried to talk about it any time now even though it's a subject I find fascinating.
Whenever anyone mentions meteors online now, you can guarantee someone will come back with the Aussie Bloke thing.

personaly, I think people (within reason) need to talk about this subject regardless of what some of the forums members think.

Most are just looking for posts to mock or repeat what the previous person just mentioned.....man theres alot of that!!

Meteors are a fascinating natural occurance and chances of us being wipedout by one isn't that far fetched....

We need to be aware of this in order to maybe do something about it....

And it blows my mind that people who talk about aliens and UFO's and other crazy things mock people talking about meteors!!!

what is up with that...??

all I can say is keep your eyes to the sky if anything you'll learn lots...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Very well said quadricle! People are really quick to throw the whole "hoax" thing in your face! Maybe that was the whole intention - who knows, maybe this "hoax" thing was started on purpose.

Cheers!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teknik
Speculation: If meteors become 'normal' occurrences, one might accidentally down a flight:

If an aircraft goes down because a meteor clips off a wing, nobody blames the pilot.

You know that's interesting, because when I clicked on the link I didn't remember that particular article, but I am sure I read somewhere last night something very similar, involving the possibility of a meteor hitting an aircraft wing. I think it was on a news site but I can't remember which one, I never tought much of it at the time. If I can find it again then I will post the link.

On the NORAD/FEMA thing, it does seem perculiar - I can;t see that the radio station would lie about the National Weather Service telling them, and I can't imagine the NWS making something like that up.
As it was not a statement made in every report, maybe it was said by accident, and was not meant to go as far as it did. What is also strange is that even though KLTV said it was legit, at the same time they removed it from their article - why would they do that?

df1

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have been reading this meteor thread, as well as, threads on rapid climate change, magnetic pole reversal, sun spot increase and near earth objects (astroids comets) with great interest. Each takes a quite narrow view of each topic, but I can not help but consider that all of these events are interrelated in some manner. By looking at each of these phenomenon separately rather than as part of the grand system we can not see the woods because of the trees. And that by taking such a narrow view we have no hope of determining which is the cause and which is the effect.

The earth is also experiencing substantial magentic pole movement and weakening which is believed to be a precursor to a magnetic pole shift. Are these movements in the earths magentic field attracting more meteors to the earth or allowing more meteors to pass through the earths atmosphere as a result of a weakened magnetic field?

Are the magnetic field changes also changing our climate?

Is the increased occurrences of near earth object influencing the magnetic field?

Are all these changes being driven by the changes in the sun?

Is the Sun being influenced by its location in space?

In todays era of specialization of everything I wonder if anybody is looking at the big picture. Perhaps someone is looking. Is it mere coincidence that the Mars and Saturn missions are peaking at the same time? Is the navy really conducting a massive research mission in conjunction with the space missions? Does the scientist on KLTV really expect me to believe the meteor was a fist sized rock? I don't think NORAD issues alerts over fist sized rocks.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by df1]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Also, the meteor over Washington was meant to be at least the size of a computer monitor, maybe bigger I've heard recently. If that's the case and it was only seen in Washington, What is the chances of something much much smaller being seen over 5 areas?
Seems like all these 'experts' love contradicting each other and themselves.

On the bigger picture, I do try and look at it - but sometimes it gives me a headache! My little brain has trouble coping...

With all seriousness though, the Suns recent pole shift and activity, the Oort cloud and everything else must all have something to do with all of this... I'd be highly suprised if it didn't....

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Exactly agentsmith.

We wouldn't be suspicious if there was nothing to be suspicious about. So far I have not seen any real valid clarity - just wish washy contridictions. Maybe nobody knows for sure what is going on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join