It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Earth Kill Off... WHAT IS HAPPENING?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Maybe the aliens have problems with their fancy, new Abduction & Mutilation machinery.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't know what it is either, but if I had to go with a theory I'd have to say it's probably the after effects of using Corexit in the Gulf. And we will probably be feeling and seeing the after effects for years to come.

Khar

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
NWO could step it up. I'm a supporter but you guys need to take some humans down. I don't even care if I'm one, just get busy with it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1amworriedincanada
reply to post by peter_kandra

I don't know, I see your connections. The movie had so much potential, and was doing so well at dramatic ideas, and population kill-off, but the ending was an awful let down!!! The plants did it? Seriously!!

Yeah. That wasn't my post. I was commenting on it. I do love M. Night Shyamalan movies though! Personally, I believe its related to changes in the Earth's magnetic field.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ok maybe I will be ridiculed for stating the party line so to speak, but I think this is becoming one big mega catastrophe VIA the media and hyesteria.

Lets look at some of the facts here.

The Bird Kills that are mentioned.

Initial bird kill this year was in Arkansas, and included thousands of birds.
news.nationalpost.com...

Then Louisiana has a much smaller bird death incident
blog.al.com...

Finally now they are claiming bird deaths of a few dozen or hundreds in Sweden and Kentucky. This is a long shot from thousands and seems to me to be more of the media looking for anything to do with bird death because it is the current trend at the moment.

Now lets look at the fish well honestly yes a lot of fish have died throughout the world. I am more then sure that fish kills happen quite frequently, and there is a very logical explanation for the majority of them. It has been extremely cold as of late in a lot of the world. I mean even the areas that are considered tropic are colder then normal. This is a very common cause of fish death.

Now the green river thing while freaky is not at all concerning to me from the article.
www.torontosun.com...
It would seem that this would be an elaborate prank by someone finding it fun. I noted someone mentioned the fountain that had the same thing happen earlier that day. Well first off this how facts get skewed. It said earlier that day as in before the river. That means someone could have dumped the same dye or whatever in the fountain before they hit the river. Now if tap water was coming out neon green as well then we would have a real mystery.

Rivers have had incidents like this throughout history find an example below.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now that I have said all this there are going to be a lot who are going to hit on the extreme cold weather bit as a sign of the apocolypse, 2012, end of times, doomsday, or whatever you call it. It is not an ice age; just another extremely cold winter due to the effects of Global Warming. This is something scientists had been talking about when the first few things about Global Warming started coming out. Anyway here is a related article to the colder temps and extreme winter conditions that was posted 2yrs ago.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Ok now that this is all said. I would love to know what killed these birds. I do like the theory on the Madrid Fault line as I am a firm believer that we are going through a very big Geological Event at the moment in the world. I am interested in what is happening. Starting to wonder if there might be something like when the continents first split going on.

link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

well this is what the magnetic field is doing right now... its being screwy as hell

www2.nict.go.jp/y/y223/simulation/realtime/

link   
Apparently it just happend in Texas as well...
I'm starting to get a bit nervous!

www.ktre.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well. I too was thinking for explanations for all this crap going on.

One thought was weather modification, with HAARP or some other kind of high powered device, in order to change the weather, what part of the world would they have to focus the energy? Maybe Arkansas or Louisianan?

Who knows, Could be some kind of weapon test of some kind.

But most likely something natural or pollution based is my bet.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by g8orballboy

Did you read the story? Maybe it has been updated since you posted, but it says this is a common occurrence in the area around this particular bridge, (not a safe roosting place) has been happening for a long time and is not related to situation in Arkansas.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Narrow Human perspective is narrow.

As posted earlier these kinds of die offs occur every year. Birds/fish/frogs fall from the sky, wierd things wash up on shore etc.

Check your history on such events and the novelty wears off.

This is not to say that as Humans we shouldn't be concerned, it just means we need to look for the causes with rational minds.

Culd you please point to to any news article which shows this level of bird and fish kills all in the same few days has ever happened before?

Did you know that when the bubonic plague hit Europe it was quite rational... Though devastating

Whale beachings 2010

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a nice list

www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

and it just goes on and on.

not hard to find really.

What concerns me more is this

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Looking at the Victoria river link of yours I saw this just under it

More dead birds found, this time in Sweden
news.nationalpost.com...

Another link to add to your list?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

edit on 5-1-2011 by alchemist2012 because: broken link

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Perhaps it has something to do with everything such as the weather, toxic fish, someone mentioned in another post that volcano's produce sulfuric acid? which the fish eat than the birds, it could also be the birds flu season which they than fall into the water than the fish eat them.

We don't know what is happening but this is NOT massive kill off, AT ALL. These deaths are peanuts compared to how much wildlife there is on Earth. Although the wildlife is shrinking because we are taking more and more room, but that is a thread of its own.

Another thing I wanted to add to the list of suspicion is the Corexit used by BP. It is toxic and was introduced to the wildlife on a massive scale. Could it be possible the fish are getting sick which than make it an easy prey for the birds? It is understandable why the birds are dying in such places because when an animal gets sick or injured it dies away form the heard. This is so the heard doesn't catch whatever the animal is dying from.

Is there a way to test the birds for chemicals used by Corexit?
edit on 5-1-2011 by Equinox99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

I think a lot of this has to do with information overload.
You can splurf the web all day,and read things you would have otherwise never seen from everywhere.
These things may not be so abnormal.
I don't KNOW,but being able to read about events from everywhere simultaneously could lead one to believe there is something wrong,when these are normal events.
Just thought I would bounce that off ya'.

Agreed, 100%!!
Before the internet and instantaneous access to world wide events most people would not have even heard of any of these phenomena.
When mail sometimes took months to reach recipients and newspapers were days out of date as soon as they were printed not to mention delivered and read!

Anyway, the birds are doing just fine here in Abu Dhabi. Had to have my car washed twice yesterday due to birds. No fish are washing up on shore that I've seen. The weather is nice, clear skies and a bit cool for a change.
To mass deaths here, oil's still pumping (for now).

Oh well, talk to you all later,
73's,
Tom

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Triztheone
Happened in sweden aswelll..
Image of dead birds in sweden taken yesterday

heard all sorts of funny stupid explanations such as
*A truck driver killed ALL of them?

*They got scared to DEATH by fireworks! OMG!

now this will be a most exciting year it seems!

cheers people!

Thank you very much! This is very global...

Where are those naysayers who call this "normal" in this extreme?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

They aren't doing very well in Sweden...

See above post

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Here in Sweden also are dead birds falling from the sky, what is going on

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

We are all going to die..... Eventually....

Life is to short to worry about this stuff my friend.

When it does happen grab your loved ones by the hand and tell them you love them and everything will be just fine.

Now get back to work there is plenty of stuff you can do today.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by quakewatcher
reply to post by g8orballboy

Did you read the story? Maybe it has been updated since you posted, but it says this is a common occurrence in the area around this particular bridge, (not a safe roosting place) has been happening for a long time and is not related to situation in Arkansas.

yes, but we cant really believe what the media tells us now can we?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow this is crazy, just saw the one about Sweden. This seems to be global. Not good. Regardless of what is causing it, how can this all be coinciding so closely together??

Well... Birds seems to repopulate quickly, but if other animals/livestock start dropping dead very soon, it's officially time to start worrying and taking measures.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join