It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V!! Second Season of V Tonight, ABC, 9pm (est)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The one thing that still bothers me...on one hand, they treat the original V as if it happened (i.e. Diana talks about the past failure), yet treat it also as if it never happened (the humans would know the true nature of the threat, etc. if so, and employ the same defense..the red dust). Unless they somehow come out with a mass memory wipe or something....

This made me think about Joshua... The V have demonstrated the ability to be able to wipe V minds. Would not be much of a stretch to work that in somehow to explain the comments made by Dianna. The other possibility to look at is instead of the historical invasion we know (The origional V series), its possible to scale it back as nothing more than advanced scouting missions, which htey have aluded to in previous episodes.

I was under the impression Marc Singer was suppose to be in the second season.. Maybe he will show up in the next episode.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I could have sworn he was supposed to be in this season too. I thought I saw him in the previews for season finale (and hopefully the cliffhanger to next season!)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I saw him in the preview for the finale'. Cool, can't wait. Nice to see them bring the old stars into it. Really shaping up to a great, can't miss show...hope it makes it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OMG! No!!!!

They better bring on Marc Singer pronto before I go nuts!!!

Oh Anna is so EVIL tonight my blood is boiling, lol!
edit on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:43:18 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

Please let there be a third season! Yeah not what I expected either. Really pissed about Diana, and Marc Singer did not get enough time.
edit on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:00:20 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow... so far not even close to what I was suspecting....

Me thinks things just got intresting... As far as the death goes, they have raised people form it before.. I think it might occur again..

Project aries though??? Isnt that where the old V series picked up after the 2 tv movies? I thought that was the group that secured one of the old mother ships to strip technology.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That was a complete TRIP tonight. Not just project ares, but I couldn't help but think all the blissed out humans was a parallel to our society today... dumbed down, flouridated and medicated sheeple entranced by the media. That ending really sort of severely creeped me out.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yeah well there game planm better pay off.. Im gonna be torqued to end it on this note, and not renew it for season 3.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Haven't seen last night's episode yet (was picking up my wife from the airport), but sounds like I'm in for quite a show!

Renew!, Renew! (for those actually getting the Logan's Run reference....)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hope I don't spoil this for those who have recorded for later watching.....

I was totally blown away when Anna killed Diana like that. When she took that reptilian tail and did that, a shudder ran through me. Then the people just bowed to her. Great show, and a wake up call.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Yeah well there game planm better pay off.. Im gonna be torqued to end it on this note, and not renew it for season 3.
Me too, I think other shows have been saved by fans so I reckon I need to make it known to them how much I like this show. I found myself rather pissed after the first half hour because of Diana getting the tail, but wouldn't the reptiles advanced healing centers save her? Or maybe that wasnt Diana but someone in her skin, she knew they were due back anytime. Josh could do it. If it comes back they better be banging the story line or I might get mad and quit watching. I am glad that Erica's son bit the dust I found myself not liking his character most of the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just saw it, and man, I hope they aren't ending it like that. Really seems like we are screwed though...just the promise of this Project Ares bit. (and cool to see Marc Singer).

In a sense, if it is the end, it's kind of like the original mini-series (where the hybrid child does some psychic mumbo-jumbo to save the day...but in this case, for the opposite side).....

I really want to see more about Project Ares, and how that all plays out, but it REALLY seems like they made it as an "ending"...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think they left wiggle room to bring Dianna back if need be. The V have already demonstrated that ability on more than one occasion now. With the Doctor back amongst the 5th column, I think its possible.

I am kind of glad Tyler finally bit it.. He was starting to get on my nerves.

Not sure what to think of Marc Singers character yet... I am also curious when, if ever, Marcus will decide what he is going to do.I remeber during the first season he and the guy agent evans is hooking up with (i forget his name) met for some meeting, but they never really expanded on it.

The good news is the origional creator of V is still pushing for an actual movie, and using the same timeline as the origionals, albeit 20-30 years later. I think the new V might have faired better if it wasnt a rewrite. It annoys the crap out of me when studios remove all the finer points that hooked us into the movie (lasers, red uniforms, larnyx reverbs)...

Sometimes, it is the little things that make a huge difference.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I think they left wiggle room to bring Dianna back if need be. The V have already demonstrated that ability on more than one occasion now. With the Doctor back amongst the 5th column, I think its possible.

I'm thinking she's gone for good.

I am kind of glad Tyler finally bit it.. He was starting to get on my nerves.

I know, right? But it did mean we got to see more of Lisa...

Not sure what to think of Marc Singers character yet... I am also curious when, if ever, Marcus will decide what he is going to do.I remeber during the first season he and the guy agent evans is hooking up with (i forget his name) met for some meeting, but they never really expanded on it.

Assuming the series is renewed, he'll (Singer) likely fill the daddy figure role the merc did, but without the sex. Good memory on the agent and Marcus meeting. Kind of begs rewatching that episode. Nice catch.

The good news is the origional creator of V is still pushing for an actual movie, and using the same timeline as the origionals, albeit 20-30 years later. I think the new V might have faired better if it wasnt a rewrite. It annoys the crap out of me when studios remove all the finer points that hooked us into the movie (lasers, red uniforms, larnyx reverbs)...

I know, right? I was hoping they'd slip to the reverb when on the ships...but no dice. Maybe the invasion force will have the red uniforms and lasers? To be honest though, I liked the old ships better too, especially the shuttles, they were sleek.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra I am kind of glad Tyler finally bit it.. He was starting to get on my nerves.

Ugh, i dont think we are done with Tyler yet... He was still choking on his blood in the end. I could see Joshua coming in after and healing him secretly. At least by then, Tyler would WAKE THE F UP! god, that kid is annoying.

This show better not be cancelled...I will be ticked!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonspit

I really hope you're wrong. Though, I can see them doing a "rescue Lisa" storyline with him (otherwise, they likely would have killed Lisa). You think Anna would have learned her lesson after he last prisoner tried to usurp her throne.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So from what I have been seeing, its looking possible that there will be a 3rd season. The ratings for the 2nd season apparently werent all that bad. As soon as I see the confirmation ill post it. The info I have is just rumors, but its come from one of the producers of the show.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
So from what I have been seeing, its looking possible that there will be a 3rd season. The ratings for the 2nd season apparently werent all that bad. As soon as I see the confirmation ill post it. The info I have is just rumors, but its come from one of the producers of the show.
Thats wonderful~! I hope its true!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That's comforting. I think the new angle (Project Aries) could really be a winning one, if done right. I'm betting they scale back the budget a bit though.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
We will know if V is renewed for a 3rd season on May 18th, when ABC announces their new lineup. From all the conversations ive been seeing from various sites, it looks like it will be back for a 3rd season since they dont have any other shows to put in its place at the moment.

/crosses fingers and sets the countdown clock.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That is awesome knowing when we will find out. Thank you for finding and posting that!

Please, please, please bring it back!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join