It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V!! Second Season of V Tonight, ABC, 9pm (est)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Please tell me I will NOT be the only one tuned into this great show tonight?

In the off season, I managed to watch ALL of the previous V shows form the eighties, on Netflix.

So excited!!

*hides bag of popcorn from roommate, in anticipation of tonight

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Lol I think we both saw the same commercial.. I was heading here to make the same post you did. For those that follow the second season is reintroducing 2 old charaters. Diana (Jane Badler) returns as the queen who was apparently overthrown by Anna and locked away, and Marc singer is returning as some other type of character (not as mike donovan though).

Hopefully this will continue to get better.

I still miss the lasers and the reverb on the laranyx though.. They could of at least kept that..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
YES, i too will be watching...at first I thought this was kinda lame...ended up burning the entire 1st season. Even got my girlie hooked on it! She's the one who reminded me of the show tonight! YAY!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ive been reading abit about this show, is it worth me checking out perhaps?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

If you are looking for it to be like the 80s version, no. Keep an open mind and run with it and I think you will enjoy it. Its different yet familiar in my opinion. The same underlying story is there with new twists and a reshuffle of characters.

All in all I like it. I purchased the entire first season and so far I am able to watch it without getting annoyed by it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
OMG just saw the credits, and Jane Badler is in this episode!! The original Diana, YES! It is definitely worth checking out!! Tune in right now@@

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It is almost over and no Jane Badler, whaaaa!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hello, Mother! I am in heaven!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I havent seen the 80s one ive only just read about it so i have no idea what to expect. Is it one of those shows where its better to start in a laterseason then the first ep ? (ie seinfeld and family guy)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I wonder how long ABC will make people wait to see all 10 episodes of the second season. I'll bet they drag it out almost a year.

The first episode of the first season was broadcast on November 3, 2009. The 12th and final episode of the first season was broadcast on May 18, 2010. Seven months for 12 episodes. The first episode of the second season was broadcast tonight, January 4, 2011. Eight months between seasons? Sorry, the show is just not that good to justify waiting that long for a new episode IMHO.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I loved the original show, and nothing would make me watch the new show.

Tv today is garbage, just shows how they have to steal old shows.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
reply to post by Xcathdra

I havent seen the 80s one ive only just read about it so i have no idea what to expect. Is it one of those shows where its better to start in a laterseason then the first ep ? (ie seinfeld and family guy)

Since you dont have a reference from the first go around in the 80s, start with season 1 episode 1 and go from there. OItherwise you will be lost as to whats going on. Since you did not see the first ones, it should be easier to either get into, or not like since you dont have to compare it and critique it lol.

To the others Jane Badler is back and so is Marc Singer, although he will not be mike donovan. Depending on how the show goes they were tlaking about how to integrate first go around characters into this version.

I am really hoping, since Dianna did not talk, that they give her the larnyx reverb. Dont know why I am stuck on that, but just am. I was impressed with the way season 2 is starting out. I slaos noticed that they did in fact open the door for possibly being able to drag in other characters by the Alpha reveal and time frame tey gave.

If you didnt catch that part, they aluded to the fact the V's have been on Eareth a lot longer than what has been stated, predating John Mays and his group.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

It was awesome seeing Jane Badler in the end! (the original Diana, from the series).

Though in a preview, they show Anna slapping her down next week... (hope there's a quick reprisal, hehe...), but Anna is the main baddie in this incarnation...

Still loving this vision of the series..while some things were cooler in the original, this version has grown on me.

If you didn't catch it, from the time and location, the basic claim was that the Roswell aliens were V's, hehe...

I am really hoping, since Dianna did not talk, that they give her the larnyx reverb. Dont know why I am stuck on that, but just am

Yeah, that would be great. Something that was definitely cool about the original series. Made them more "alien" even when looking like us.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I would definitely LOVE to see Robert Englund's character back on in some way. He was one of my favorite characters on the original series.

For anyone who wants to see the original show, and if you have netflix, it is streaming right now. I watched them all over a week period of time, it was great!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yep you need to watch all 3 ser of the original, class tv.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

I thought the initial weird delay in airing the 1st season of V had to to with whether or not it was succesful.

The origionally did the 4 episodes, which was to test the waters. When the rating came in they went ahaead with only 8 more episodes. They delayed putting it back on if I remeber right because Dancing with the Stars or some other popular show was placed to allow production of the remaining 8 episodes.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It was a big gamble, we'll see how it pays off. At least they promoted its return, so here's hoping.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I did, I watched all three, all at once. It was great!

Originally posted by andy1033

Yep you need to watch all 3 ser of the original, class tv.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I miss my 80's 'V' action figure with the removable face mask that revealed the lizard underneath!

But after last season, and seeing Jane B. the other night....I think I have died and gone to heaven.

I know most people hated him in the orginal series, but I miss Ham Tyler. He could piss off everyone in a room, human or V, better than anyone. I get it that the new character Kyle Hobbes is suppossed to be the new Ham, but he is much nicer than Ham ever was.

I wonder if Anna and Dianna will square off and fight each other. The last time I saw Dianna fight was agaisnt Lydia in the old series and that fight sucked.

Anyway, thanks for this thread!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I loved Michael Ironside, great actor! Handsome too.

Originally posted by lasertaglover
I miss my 80's 'V' action figure with the removable face mask that revealed the lizard underneath!

But after last season, and seeing Jane B. the other night....I think I have died and gone to heaven.

I know most people hated him in the orginal series, but I miss Ham Tyler. He could piss off everyone in a room, human or V, better than anyone. I get it that the new character Kyle Hobbes is suppossed to be the new Ham, but he is much nicer than Ham ever was.

I wonder if Anna and Dianna will square off and fight each other. The last time I saw Dianna fight was agaisnt Lydia in the old series and that fight sucked.

Anyway, thanks for this thread!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join