It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V!! Second Season of V Tonight, ABC, 9pm (est)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
For those intrested.

Full episodes of V - The TV series from the 80's

ABC's website uysed to have full episodes of V The new series, but for some reason they are gone. Also there is no word yet on if there is going to be a season 3.

Hulu has listings for the new V series, but so far its only clips and not entire episodes. Ive had some luck using youtube to find full episodes of the ones I missed.
edit on 6-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow! The look on Anna's face when she was getting on the shuttle was simply awesome.

And did you see the previews for next week?!?!?!

Grandma!!! Wow!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Only a few more days until the new dream team!

Granny and Grandaughter Snake!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yeah!

T minus 54 minutes and counting until V tonight!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am excited because diana and her grandchild meet tonight.

V is for violence so far this episode.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

One of the best episodes yet.. Looks like its about to get interesting. Pretty cool the way grandaughter and grandma meet. The reverse bitch slap was pretty cool to.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Aboslutely amazing episode!!!!

So much stuff just happened, wow. The last meeting by the new leader fo the fifth column was so good. And you are so right, the preview for next week and the reverse slap.... V rules!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Most violent episode so far IMO. But I loved it. Heart wrenching one moment, anger-raising the next.

And they do have the same common enemy for sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Funny enough, I stil miss the red uniforms, the voice reverb, and the laser guns. Not to mention Dianna's constant scheeming.

All she ever needed to do was watch a few episodes of the Road runner cartoons, taking notes on what wily E cyote does, and scrath that plan off her list.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

So true. The reverb really made it so alien and grand. I keep on waiting to see Marc Singer come back and figure out his new role.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I will miss Oded Fehr, he is so hot. But I could learn to like his assistant!

Great episode this week, cant wait for next week.

Tyler is a bit of a jerk kid, imo. I dont really have much sympathy for his character yet.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You aren't supposed to. In the original, there was another punk kid who bought the V's BS, and turned in his family, etc., and we weren't supposed to like him either.

My wife will miss Oded, hehe, but still says he looks better with long hair.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Ah yes.. good ole daniel bernstein....I like how they killed him off in the movie.. . Dinner is served.

I am curious how they are going to work marcus supposedly dieing.. I know they were able to bring the doctor back, which reminds I think I missed an episode. Last time I saw him, they revived him and wiped his memory.. Was that the last time we saw him?

If they can bring him back are they going to do the same with marcus?

Also the V who is helping anna after marcus was bumped reminds me of Steven from the movie.

Do we have a full listing of who is who from the old movie to this?

FBI Agent = Julie Perish
Marcus = Martin
guy who blew up = ham tyler
Annas daughter = mix between robin maxwell / and the guy right under steven
Tyler = daniel
News dude = christine walsh
Dianna = Dianna

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

If he was going to die, he would have already, I think. No, he isn't going anywhere.

As for the 5th column doc, he seems to be firmly involved in Anna's last directive "destroy the human soul", so we haven't seen him since then. Seems the mind wipe took from all indications...so far, we've got no reason to suspect otherwise.

I think your list is pretty accurate. There's also the black V who is kind of like Willy (Robert Englund's character) in the original. I'm sure we could find other parallels. The main heroine is certainly a female version of Donovan. I see more of Ironside's old character in their merc member though, than the guy who blew up. Of course, can't remember if we're even positive he died.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

You aren't supposed to. In the original, there was another punk kid who bought the V's BS, and turned in his family, etc., and we weren't supposed to like him either.

My wife will miss Oded, hehe, but still says he looks better with long hair.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)
Yes he did look best with the long hair, I watch Deuce Bigalow just for Odeds scenes.

But enough about that drivel.

I actually liked the punk kid from the original series because he resembles my son!! Lol! I cant wait for next weeks episode!

Also, if this really happened in real life, I would think we would have some military influence going on, we havent seen hardly any military characters, or tanks in the streets etc, I would suspect that might happen IRL.
edit on Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:33:05 -0600 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I remember a friend of mine who is also a V fan having a great talk one day about what would happen if aliens did arrive like they did in V. We imagined that since our TV shows are streaming through space, that whatever alien race did land better have watched those episodes themselves, cause if the land and look like us with some reverb, every V fan in the world would go, "Oh $%&#!"

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

In real life, we'd have seen mass panics the moment those motherships started appearing overhead. ID4 was a pretty close indicator of what we'd see. Some would riot, others would welcome them on the rooftops, still others would head for the hills.

Count me in that last bunch, at least until we knew what was going on, and what their stated agenda was. Of course, that may or may not be a lie (look at V as an example)...

The arrival of the V's is something I think the original series handled much better.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I love to show, but so much of it wouldn't happen in real life. I mean, Erica orchestrating the assassination over a cell phone? In real life, she'd be fired, suspicion would arise from her using a prepaid phone right as Marcus was assassinated, and the lack of security cameras in general or aboard the V's ship irks me.

But still a great show. Laura Vandervoort (Lisa) is hot and i love seeing her character. Anybody know why she's on the humans side? Is it because of her feelings for Tyler, or because her mother physically hurt her at the end of season 1?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Completely agree about the older movies and the way the v arrived. To me, that method would possibly not cause the mas panic we are talking about. I mean there will always be a group that would just assume its the end of the world and off themselves or go bonkers, no stopping that.

In todays time though, using the UN might actually backfire (being sarcastic).

The one thing I come back to though, about the reaction the people would have if V arrived, is the movies / tv shows / discussions / games we have now. It reminds me of the argument about violence on tv desensitizing people to its impact. I see the same argumen being played out in the ET realm as well (at least imo).

Its entirely possible we are seeing the absolute worse in potential ET contact for a reason...

Hope for the best, expect the worst, and be pleasently surprised with the middle of the road approach..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Personally, I think aliens fall in one of three categories in regards to landing on Earth:

1) The "Come in Peace" kind in which they land and cure us of all of our own evils. I don't think any star-faring race would have enough pity on us to do this, so I don't give this one much of a chance.

2) The "We Eat your Planet for Lunch" kind who since they are a star-faring race, would probably wipe us out faster than Independence Day. This would be so quick, that it doesn't really matter if this one happens, so I drop it into the 'not much of a chance' category also.

3) The "Who Cares About these Earthling Losers" kind who show up, take one look at us, and keep on going. I think this group happens often, which is why there are so many different kinds of UFO reports all over the world.

But if they ever do land, and have reverb, I'm reaching for my gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join