It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock up on thermal underwear. Now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
That's right ! Why? Because they can absolutly save you're life. We are experiencing what seems like actic cold here in So.Calif. and I'm headed out right now to stock up on some long John thermals.
With a few of the new threads that today popped up on ATS. I think this is the first most logical thing I need do.

I'm mentioning this in a thread all it's own because I know a lot of people in my part of the country don't even consider the differnce long thermals really are. They can be life savers in so many situations without all the things that are quite obviously worth having some concern over. If you read this don't mess around. Go get some thermal undies right now. Not a financially involved advisement. Just one of the best heads up I can think of for
my fellow members. Stay warm.

Randyvious

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I live in New-Brunswick, Canada.
Temps reach -40c at least a few times during the winter.
I don't own/wear thermal undies and i'm still alive.
Thermal underwear is not the answer = )
edit on 4-1-2011 by CoffeeMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You're venturing outside BEFORE buying thermal underwear? Are you sure this is wise, have you really thought it through? I mean, at least put 2 pairs of kecks on, to keep it all safe and warm for future generations. (you could do that instead of buying thermals as it goes. This is my approach to a cold front. (fnar)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffeeMonster

Ok tough guy!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Did you just use "Arctic" and "Southern California" in the same sentence????

Just playing around. Thermals are nice and cozy.

But seriously, these temperatures are normal for this time of year in Southern California.

The rain however.............

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

You're venturing outside BEFORE buying thermal underwear?
\

Of course not. I have some on and I'm going to buy more.
I like to be warm.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

i wear my mans thermals in bed sometimes thier super cosy

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Nothing like staying warm on those frosty So Cal nights when you get up to go pee in the middle of the night!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffeeMonster

Now you know why I never settled in Canada. You have a beautiful country and nice people but Jeez it is too cold by far and summer is too short.

Keep warm up thar

T

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

Nah uh, I'm sorry. Freezing in Palm springs? Not normal. I'm just offering the best simple advice I know of to combat cold weather. You don't have to be married to anything I say, just because I said it. if a few peeps listen and this lil thread helped them some way. I'm good with that.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Currently wrapped up in a blanket as I read this.. Lol. My two cents: Buy wool, wool, wool, merino wool! Polypro thermals just don't cut it, for warmth (though are good wicking layers for winter activities) but regardless, I still prefer wool! Let me say it again, wool!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Good advice. I've stocked up on thermals, insulated coveralls, wool socks and warm boots for me and hubby this year. Everyone needs a wood stove as well. You can have heat and even cook on it no matter what!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Already have them and sweatpants as well.
I have plenty of warm socks,t-shirts and undies.
I even have some packed.

Lug

link   
Move north... it's warm and balmy in Alaska.

link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Flannel sheets are super cozy, too

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

So how do you feel about wool?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well good advice for sure.

Re: The desert - Our family used to have a time share on Ram's Hill golf course in Borrego Springs.

On really cold nights we would run the hose on the driveway so we could "ice skate" in the morning.
edit on 4-1-2011 by sixswornsermon because: edit for sp

edit on 4-1-2011 by sixswornsermon because: Oops. It wasn't Palm Springs, it was Borrego Springs!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

That is what I need to buy,flannel sheets!
I have blankets and comforters,but,no wool
ones.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
According to weather.com it's currently 60 degrees in Palm springs, CA. I'm sorry, but are you frickin kidding me, 60 degrees, get over it.

It's 23 where I'm at, I wore yoga pants and an unzipped coat, no hat, no gloves (although when it got windy I wished I had, but I had pockets).

I think your exaggerating a bit there dear. Gosh, CA people can be such wimps.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

My Lady,Wool? Really? I can't think of anything I want to take off more than itchy wool. just won't do for me. To stay warm it has to stay on and that means being comfy. THERMALS baby.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join