It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock up on thermal underwear. Now!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
People are either pretty young or have short memories. I keep seeing people saying its cold (which it is), mini ice age etc. But when I look up the actual numbers, we are right about on average for this time of year, and I have checked multiple zip codes. Palm Springs for example was brought up. Tonight in Palm Springs the low is supposed to be 43 degrees. The average low for the day is 43 degrees. Massively cold huh?

This is absolutely no where near the record cold for the day, which happened way back in 1950 at 25 degrees. Still think its unusually cold?

Maybe we need another city for an example. I'll choose a place that is colder on average in the winter, Chicago. Tonight it's supposed to get down to 12 degrees...brrr. The average for the day however is 18 degrees and the record low for the day is -10 degrees (though admittedly this one is closer at 1988).

Let's take Miami for example now then. Tonight is supposed to get down to a low of 50 degrees. The daily average low is 60 degrees...ok a bit colder than average. The record low for the day is 40 degrees, way back in 1919, still a long ways off.

I could go on and on, try it for yourself. Go to weather.com, pick a city and look at the historical data. We certainly don't seem to be reaching any sort of record colds anywhere that I have looked up yet. This is called winter time people.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Pimpish because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Next to MY skin?
Chiffon.
And, me NOT wearing it....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Thanks Honey

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i find it endlessly funny how much canadians are forgotten

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Wether these temps are "normal" or not, the feeling of cold is relative.

I get a chuckle every time I go to SoCal in the winter. They are usually wearing hats and jackets and gloves. I am walking around in shorts, tank top and flip flops.

Cold is relative to what you have just climatized too.

For me, right now, cold would have to be -20 celsius or more. We just came out of much colder, so above that "feels" warm.

For somebody in SoCal, with the previous average temps of 70 or so, getting even close to 32ish F is cold.

Same can be said for heat, I'm pretty sure most from SoCal would laugh when I say it's too bloody hot at 24 Celsius....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by Pimpish

Wether these temps are "normal" or not, the feeling of cold is relative.

I get a chuckle every time I go to SoCal in the winter. They are usually wearing hats and jackets and gloves. I am walking around in shorts, tank top and flip flops.

Cold is relative to what you have just climatized too.

For me, right now, cold would have to be -20 celsius or more. We just came out of much colder, so above that "feels" warm.

For somebody in SoCal, with the previous average temps of 70 or so, getting even close to 32ish F is cold.

Same can be said for heat, I'm pretty sure most from SoCal would laugh when I say it's too bloody hot at 24 Celsius....

That is the best sense I've read on this thread so far. I'm in So. Cal and it's friggen cold Man! whah!

edit on 6-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I lived in San Diego for many years, I agree, they're pretty sissy over there with the cold, though I never did get that way even after 15+ years living there...I wore shorts in the winter theer way more often than pants. I see your point though. Every time it rained over there even it was like people didn't know what to do, and there were always car accidents because they don't know how to drive in the rain. Fun stuff!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So since it is winter time again (like so many other times throughout history due to the earths seasons) you feel it is so urgent of a matter to which deserves its own thread to warn others here to stock up on warmer underwear?

I do not know how to say this more politely, but your threads just get worst and worst in a manner indicating mental deterioration is actively progressing quickly in your cranium.

I mean that is as much seriousness as you seem to mean in your urgent warning to all others to stock up on warmer underwear.

Jeez, whats the next thread of yours going to be about. Cripes sakes....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
So since it is winter time again (like so many other times throughout history due to the earths seasons) you feel it is so urgent of a matter to which deserves its own thread to warn others here to stock up on warmer underwear?

I do not know how to say this more politely, but your threads just get worst and worst in a manner indicating mental deterioration is actively progressing quickly in your cranium.

I mean that is as much seriousness as you seem to mean in your urgent warning to all others to stock up on warmer underwear.

Jeez, whats the next thread of yours going to be about. Cripes sakes....

lol
Are you trying to hurt my feeling. I mean a person of 15 flags. To hell with my next thread I can't for your next intelligent post. Should be a winger.

Always nice to have a following

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I live near Atlanta, GA & I have noticed over the past few years, the winters seem to be getting colder here. I can remember up until about 5 years ago, the temperature would be about 60-70 degrees F on Christmas Day and we hardly ever got any snow. Now it snows a few times a year (it doesn't stay on the ground long, but still). I personally do not like thermals, but I do wear layers on my upper body, so if it warms up enough during the day, I can just take off a jacket. But, I don't think it's going to be a mini ice age because the summers seem to be getting hotter... Here in Georgia, there is no spring or fall, just summer & winter (temperature-wise).

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wickedqueenamanda
I live near Atlanta, GA & I have noticed over the past few years, the winters seem to be getting colder here. I can remember up until about 5 years ago, the temperature would be about 60-70 degrees F on Christmas Day and we hardly ever got any snow. Now it snows a few times a year (it doesn't stay on the ground long, but still). I personally do not like thermals, but I do wear layers on my upper body, so if it warms up enough during the day, I can just take off a jacket. But, I don't think it's going to be a mini ice age because the summers seem to be getting hotter... Here in Georgia, there is no spring or fall, just summer & winter (temperature-wise).

I absolutly agree that it is getting both colder and hotter in fact I even made a thread on that recently.
Above Top Secret

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join