It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

487 earthquakes since September in Arkansas and possible connection to birds/fish

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

487 earthquakes since September in Arkansas and possible connection to birds/fish

www.wibw.com

The Arkansas Geological Survey is trying to unravel a mystery: What is causing earthquakes in the town of Guy, Arkansas?

Since September 20, the community of 549 residents north of Little Rock has experienced an almost constant shaking from 487 measurable earthquakes.

"We've had 15 today including a 3.1 (magnitude) from this morning," Scott Ausbrooks, geohazards supervisor for the Geological Survey, said Monday. "These are shallow quakes between two and eight kilometers (between one-and-a-quarter and five miles) below the surface."

While earthquakes aren't unusual in the Southea
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There has been 487 measurable earthquakes since September in Guy, Arkansas compared to the 39 at the same time last year. Now although they are small doesn't mean they aren't insignificant. I was recently watching a show on the science channel and it was showing the Earthquake that hit China in 2008. Near the epicenter of the quake was a sanctuary which housed 150 pandas. These pandas started to act really erratic right before the quake as if they sensed it coming.

After the quake the pandas were acting even more unusual and they seemed to be stressed out. One panda simply shut down from shock and was clinging onto the top of a tree. They had to sedate him and then pry him down physically because he wasn't responding to anything.

"According to Xiao, recent thunder in Kunming has had a startling effect on the pandas, who are having the same reactions to thunder as they did to the aftershocks and landslides in Sichuan."

Now is it possible that there is something else going on that we can't see? It seems that animals can sense danger before it happens so they can flee to a safe haven. If the birds and fish in Arkansas are experiencing high levels of stress it could be a cause of why they are dying. It doesn't explain what's going on in Kentucky and Manitoba and anywhere else that this might be happening. I'm just trying to find a logical explanation as to why these things are occurring. I hope that this theory won't be confirmed by some mega quakes.

Let's try to figure this out and please refrain from referencing the bible because the bible and religion haven't been proven. I would like to find a LOGICAL explanation and to avoid fear mongering.

For more on the panda story check the link below.

www.gokunming.com...

www.wibw.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stigup

Please add to you podst to inform us of what is happening in Manitooba. I've not seen anything on it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
more like the connection to the BIG QUAKE incoming.
If i were god id pick you all up and put you all somewhere safe, each and every one of you.
Im dreading the day that is getting closer, people need to start putting certain practices in place for an aid mission that will overshadow all others. Along with the active and dormant volcanoes that i expect errupting we will soon see how humanity stands.
This is it. The penultimate year.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I've been writing about swarms for a long time on this site. On my thread I have information on the earthquakes and on the wildlife die-offs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So we have 487 earthquakes in Arkansas and then Kentucky had a quake last week in an area where there has never been a quake before. It was listed as a rare. I have been reading a lot on what is happening with the birds and fish and I know how sensitive animals can be - much more than us humans, they are feeling the effects of something and it is stressing them or affecting them physically. Earthquakes would be a good place to focus attention on this issue.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by stigup

Please add to you podst to inform us of what is happening in Manitooba. I've not seen anything on it.

Supposedly there were 10,000 birds found dead in Manitoba. You can check this thread for more information

Although I just tried to find more information on it for you and the only source I see if the beforeitsnews link. I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed or if people are just trying to hype up the Arkansas incident. The Kentucky incident has been confirmed though.

Originally posted by Robin Marks
reply to post by jazz10

I've been writing about swarms for a long time on this site. On my thread I have information on the earthquakes and on the wildlife die-offs.

Thanks for that information I didn't see you made the connection as well. Even if they aren't connected the increase in earthquakes over 1 year period is enough to make you wonder what the hell is going on.
edit on 4-1-2011 by stigup because: ...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I wanted to mention something I experienced at one time - I was on the Oregon Coast and begin having headaches, nausea and a deep feeling of doom, I started seeing in my mind an earthquake with buildings falling and people running. I was very stressed and sick. I decided to turn on the radio to try to calm my mind and the first thing I heard was an earthquake of 6.0 had just occured in California (LA area). So if I felt that then I know animals can sense forthcoming events.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
RADON gas...!!!!
comes free with ground deformations... birds might be sensetive for it....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Let's hope it's not volcanic related.
Could the animals that died be from toxic gas from a upcoming volcanic event?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stigup

5 Earthquakes in 2 days

We noticed these odd Earthquakes last June, and became concerned. The discussion in the thread above shows that one scientist discovered an ancient faultline in the area, but that is not the only explanation.

It appears the activity is just getting more and more frequent! My family lives about 100 miles from there, and at least 3 or 4 other ATSers live in that immediate area as well.

Edit to add:
There were reports of contaminated water supplies in this area earlier this summer. Could be related to EQ activity, could also be responsible for fish and birds.
Contaminated Water in Ark
edit on 4-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stigup

You'll find more information on the link I provided. At 5:20 am, the morning of the bird kill, there was a 4.4 magnitude the bigges of the swarm.

The earthquakes are likely caused by the salt-water disposal by the gas companies during fracking.

The earthquakes created gas migration. Methane collecting in water. And then CO2 poisioning.

It was gas poisioning.

I was on the story before the birds were falling. When I heard about the birds I knew the cause was not in the air but under the ground.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The New Madrids fault line runs through the northeast part of arkansas. They are still finding cnnections to this fault line, so its possible it extends farther than science thought. Also a fault line was found running near Fayetville Arkansas.

I know its not all that close to Little Rock area, but I would imagine if they are still finding new fault lines, its a definite possibility there is one there that we did not know about.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Someone post a map with the Fayetteville Shale Formation on it and you'll see the answer for yourself.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Hey ressiv, you're close. It's gas. CO2.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Someone post a map with the Fayetteville Shale Formation on it and you'll see the answer for yourself.

New major fault line found by scientists in Arkansas

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A previously unknown fault in eastern Arkansas could trigger a magnitude 7 earthquake with an epicenter near a major natural gas pipeline, a scientist said Wednesday. Haydar Al-Shukri, the director of the Arkansas Earthquake Center at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, said the fault is separate from the New Madrid fault responsible for a series of quakes in 1811-12 that caused the Mississippi River to flow backward.

Acres of cotton fields cover the fault west of Marianna, about 100 miles east of Little Rock, but stretches of fine sand mixed with fertile soil gave away the fault's location, Al-Shukri said. Liquefied sand bubbled up through cracks in the earth, while ground radar and digs showed vents that let the sand reach the surface, he said.

The fault, likely created in the last 5,000 years, sparked at least one magnitude 7 earthquake in its history. Such temblors cause massive destruction in their wake.

Source

edit on 4-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thank you. As you can see, the fish kill was in Franklin County. There are wells

In Faulkner County you have the earthquake swarm. And you have wells.

The bird- kill happened in White County. More wells

There's your answer.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Interesting theory, but how does that account for the bird die off in Louisiana? There apparently was also a bird die off in Alberta or Manitoba.. Ill try to find the source.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

There were birds also found in Kentucky. I've not read anything hard on the Manitoba report. I live near Winnipeg and haven't heard anything.

The birds, which were black birds, found in Louisiana and Kentucky, were part of the same flock as the Beebe birds. The birds found in the other two states die from stress and had no injuries. They died from stress caused by an emergency migration when many birds in the roost started dying and showing signs of gas poisoning.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stigup

It doesn't explain what's going on in Kentucky and Manitoba and anywhere else that this might be happening.

I can't say about Manitoba, but I may have the Kentucky link on a recent thread of mine:

Cracking an eggshell?

The more I look into this stuff, the more concerned I am that there is a definite possibility the entire New Madrid/St. Lawrence/UK North Sea faults are actually a single line that may be breaking loose.

Birds are very susceptible to poisonous gases like those emitted during geologic venting... and Guy AR is pretty close to the New Madrid fault line.

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join