It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

487 earthquakes since September in Arkansas and possible connection to birds/fish

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

If the birds died in flight, I doubt it could have been due to CO2. CO2 is heavier than air, non-poisonous in amounts less than 5000ppmv, and would stay close to the ground, especially in quantities large enough to cause asphyxiation.

I am suspecting instead something like SO2, which is also a volcanic gas, and much deadlier. It is even heavier than CO2 but would only require small amounts to be lethal. Another possibility might be CO, which is lighter and causes asphyxiation by chemically bonding to hemoglobin. It can also be present in volcanic venting.

The official 'fireworks' explanation just doesn't make sense to me... seems awfully coincidental.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Only a fraction of the birds died as a direct result of gas inhalation. They were disoriented when they returned to the roost after drinking water at a contaminated source. When they returned to the roost they began experiencing distress. This panic sent shockwaves of fear throughout the roost. The flock reacted to the sight and sounds of the dying birds and took to the air. Once in the air, they flew about in shock, aimlessly smashing into one another in the rush to escape. Hence the wounding of the chest muscles as the bumped into objects and other birds. The gas poisioning is the cause, but not the whole explaination for the deaths. The majority of deaths happened because of the "stampede". Just like you have when crowds panic. Compression of the chest in the crush.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

thanks for all your research and contributions. i've been reviewing your other link(s) and agree with most of your summary. The parts that aren't washing for me and perhaps a link would clarify, is the physical damage and poisoning statement you infer. The sources for the necropsy results report no external trauma and no evidence of poisoning.

As much as i believe the fracking process is a contributor, why isn't there tissue evidence of the poisoning? you claim there are reports of physical damage (breast plate) and poisoning, yet the links i've encountered indicate the opposite. please clarify.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You are correct. The gas would not cause the injuries that were seen in Beebe. The injuries were from collisions with other birds and objects in a frenzy. If you read my posts you'll see that it was two different events. The gas poisioning when some of the birds where drinking from a contaminated source. And then went they went to the roost it caused a panic and the injuries which led to the majority of the deaths occured during an emergency migration. I know I'm repeat. Can't help it. As with some building fires, more people are killed when there is a stampede than are killed by the heat or smoke.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Look at the ground under your feet.
It’s overdue.
Buckle you seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

rubmint.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
reply to post by Honor93

You are correct. The gas would not cause the injuries that were seen in Beebe. The injuries were from collisions with other birds and objects in a frenzy. If you read my posts you'll see that it was two different events. The gas poisioning when some of the birds where drinking from a contaminated source. And then went they went to the roost it caused a panic and the injuries which led to the majority of the deaths occured during an emergency migration. I know I'm repeat. Can't help it. As with some building fires, more people are killed when there is a stampede than are killed by the heat or smoke.

ok, i read this when you posted it before ... please, my request is for a source regarding the 'injuries' you claim have been documented.
Internal bleeding does not indicate external trauma.

here is a snipit of the necropsy findings posted thus far:

Initial tests conducted by biologists on the red-winged blackbirds and starlings found in Arkansas revealed that the birds suffered internal injuries that formed deadly blood clots. Countless explanations have been speculated, from intense high-altitude weather like lightning or hail to disturbance from fireworks. Disease and poison were determined to be far less likely causes, though full test results won't rule them out until next week.

also, you state the Kentucky deaths are likely from the same flock (drinking from same source) ... if that is true, why did the Kentucky deaths occur days later? i thought you indicated they were hyper-sensitive to the gas.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Here's links that state the birds recieved trauma. From colliding with objects.
I've also read reports about blood clotting and damage to the chest muscle but can't find them at the moment. I latched on to Arkansas when I read about the swarm earthquakes and have been trying to stay current with the story but there are so many changes and other deaths being thrown into the mix.

www.nytimes.com...

edition.cnn.com...

So the birds over Beebe died during a panic in the flock.

The other birds found in neighbouring states did not have injuries. The were part of the original flock and died days later from stress due to the emergency migration.

This is a perfect mystery. So many questions and lines of reasoning. And it's complex. It's not a single event.

I should say that some of the birds found in the air will have only internal injuries from suffication. It's a mixed bag.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

ok, appreciate your answer but disagree wholeheartedly. The Beebe birds are the only ones that have been subjected to necropsy (at this time). The preliminary results indicate Internal bleeding, trauma, blood clotting ... not damage to the breast plate or external trauma (that is an assumption).
No offense to the sources you posted but i'll favor the necropsy results vs msm stories, any day.

So, according to the available facts (not your supposition) ...
1. the blackbirds may have been in-flight when distress occurred
2. the deaths may have been chemically, environmentally or otherwise influenced
3. there is no evidence of external trauma that would indicate collision or physical assault
4. there are additional blackbirds several hundred miles away, both east and north, also dying days later, with no indication of external or physical trauma either.
5. recent seismic/earthquake activity has been noted in all 3 areas
6. corexit has been sprayed above and below the surface waters, all of which feed the drinking supplies to each location.
7. various bottom fish also subjected to sudden deaths
8. different mass death reports flowing in from around the globe
9. msm not fervently reporting on the extensive losses
10. subsurface industrial activities (fracking) may contribute to the cause

well, it's gonna be one verrrry long year.
again, thanks for your work and contributions but with these occurrences, i believe you are grasping at straws that do not exist.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Just to correct the record. I've now read reports that the Louisiana bird kill had birds with signs of trauma.

www.thestar.com...

And I'm not neccessarily relying on just the media and official statements, the eye witnesses in Beebe describe the birds crashing into everything and staggering around like drunks before dying. A CNN report found a bird the next day that was acting erractically and then died in his hands. Witnesses describe the collisions. This must have led to injuries.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Amazing eye witness account.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The swarm continues..
Another small quake in Arkansas. Seems to be migrating to the north.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join