It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
in all our films there was good and bad but who are we ? i have no idea whos side i am on yes some opponents are plain evil and bad as we have now learned but as conspiracies grow so do the sides so i ask where do we stand?
edit on 2-1-2011 by nonetruegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

Good/Bad are subjective

Or "In the eye of the beholder"

I am myself, I could care less of the other labels.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I think a majority of people, like yourself, are now confused who the good guys are. I say only trust your close family members and friends.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

i get that but are we good or bad

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Only you can answer that, but from my standpoint I'm wary of anyone I don't know well.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

i trust prob 10 people but when the shtf wheres the sides ? were told where they are

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was watching Ghost with the missus and found myself siding with Swazes evil pal that got him killed due to their sickening relationship and good looks, it seems the older I get the more I on on the side of the protagonist ;-)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

so what you see and learn are different?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

In order for one to understand whether one is good or bad, one should have a sense of understanding who they are on the inside. Simple questions to ask yourself would be; do I as a human possess integrity? Am I good to others or am I bad to others? There is a distinct difference in knowing what is right and what is wrong, but is usually only achieved by those who have the most control in their life and of their minds. Do you do substances that maybe alter your way of thinking sometimes? If so maybe it's time for a small reevaluation of yourself and understand where it is that you as a person are faulting. If you do not care about others or even yourself, then I have to say, you have already answered your own question.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by believerofgod

i do no drugs and am in great relationship i find it hard to point to but in all history are the winners always good i am in no way supporting our bad guys but from what i understand of history weve always been told whos the bad guys and this site distrusts goverments who have controlled us and told us whos bad so whos bad if they are not to be trusted?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

edit on 2-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

We are neither good nor bad, because there is no good or bad.

(These are my beliefs, I do not preach them as truth.)

In fact, I may be the only Pope that doesn't preach!

Pope'ah don't preach.
edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: Another fiver for Eris, Hail hail the gangs all here!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Internally most people know what is good or bad, aside from a sociopath, most people know what it takes to be at peace, but have forgotten the way.

I am not speaking of logic, reason, or mental means of knowing, but what some call the extra sense or our intuitive side we know is there.

If things become so chaotic with the mind, and the physical senses overwhelmed, then it is time to do a reboot. Take time away from what appears to deceive and corrupt your physical state of being, and try to start to use your intuition again.

Intuition is rarely wrong and IMO never wrong.

We lost something when the US was formed early on, we lost connection with nature, we never connected with indigenous shamans and learned from them, and mostly we lost the ability to just be at peace with ourselves. We constantly run from the chaos we create, in our so called civilized world, and we are like a dog chasing it's tail.

Sometimes we just need to slow down and appreciate the simplicities of nature and they will speak to us.

You will find your center and state of being very soon.

Peace out RT
edit on 3-1-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by believerofgod

You can never really know a person well until the chips are down and you watch how that person adapts to the dire suituation or environment. Some stay calm and level headed, others just panic and you may have to smack them hard to shut the f**k up.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The lines of good and bad get blurred often times. As for myself I prefer Fact or not proven and or tested. I know that it is contested. But if a person commits a murder are they bad? Well you would have to look at the facts of the case and test it with reason to determine. Say it was in self defense was the murder justified or not? That sort of thing, so to me it all determines on what the facts of the circumstances are.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

you cant be good or bad. that is a judgment (the tree of knowledge OF GOOD AND EVIL)

the Lion kills to eat. You are the eagle and the serpent.

Read the Kybalion.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Yes, you are correct as Time tells all about everyone and everything.

It seems more that our neighbor is concerned about the country in which he resides. Which I am assuming is America. You hit the nail right on the head as far as being concerned. It seems that when this country was first started, I would have to say IMO, that the standards and values that were possessed by our founding Fathers were that of a more dignified and respectable (extremely civilized to certain extent; or at least what they thought was) manner at the time. Seeing as how Time tells all again in this situation; we are now dealing with other forces, other forces than that which were once looked upon as being great for a new development of an almost picture perfect country in which it was assumed at the time, to be good. At the time it was. Unfortunately, now we have grown away from what it once was and what it could have possibly been, the forces of which I know nothing of (and by the looks of it don't want anything to do with myself). I love my country and have made a prosperous living for myself and my son. But I have to say I am not one to ever consider myself bad only because the government that runs my country is not carrying the best reputation at the time. Neither should you. It seems "Change" of real nature is definitely needed as an intervention I would say. How about looking into what our founding Fathers were about then you might seek a way to be a part of the solution rather than assuming to be part of the problem. Stating you are in a good frame of mind and in control of your current life situation, is a good to hear, as many are not. I like to refer to one of my favorite quotes... "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is Liberty". ~Thomas Jefferson~ Just ask yourself this, when the time comes and a "Change" possibly occurs, will you do the right thing and stand with/ for your country? I know I will.

edit on 3-1-2011 by believerofgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

The first statement above was for since you were correct on that.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Life is never black and white.. Just shades of grey.. The capacity for good/evil lies within all of us.. What to make of it is the individuals choice - either try to make the world better or add to the misery in the world..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I find that thinking in terms of the cateogies love and pain tells me more about the world and people's motivations than good and bad. Play with the concept a bit; it might grow on you.

new topics

top topics

join