It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Project gone awry?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
At one point there was some video or a picture of the radar from the National Weather Service which showed an anomaly occurring at the same time the birds were falling from the sky. I need to find that again.... If anyone saved it or has a link, that'd be awesome....

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

I agree! And if it was a KC-767...they also use a boom. That wouldn't account for 5000 birds, IMO, unless there was an aerial dispersal.

The KC-767 has a fuel dump on the wings. Although there are only 8 KC-767s in service with three on order, all in other countries. Japan has 4, Italy has 4, Columbia has a 767 MMTT, and Brazil has 3 on order from IAI, who are going to convert 767-300s into MMTTs.

Remember that this happened late at night. No one on the ground who happened to be outside in the area would have likely seen it because it was dark.

I see trails and planes leaving trails at night all the time. People still see trails left at night, just not as many.

Again, I agree... This is why I asked my source about the spraying and the chemicals. I would think no matter what plane was used...it is only used for this purpose and this chemical. At least that is what logic states.

You still have the problem of the chemical mixing with fuel during flight, the maintenance, including depot level, etc. This would leave obvious traces in the aircraft and people working on it, including the depot would notice. And if you sent it to a different depot it would be noticed as well. Tankers make horrible sprayers, no matter how you look at it.
edit on 12/2/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The KC-767 has a fuel dump on the wings. Although there are only 8 KC-767s in service with three on order, all in other countries. Japan has 4, Italy has 4, Columbia has a 767 MMTT, and Brazil has 3 on order from IAI, who are going to convert 767-300s into MMTTs.

Yep...I saw that too. Still, I think it is highly unlikely that this ghost plane was a KC-767. Makes me wonder, though, why Sorcha Faal would even use it in the story when there are so many better candidates??? (Not really expecting an answer to this question...just a *shake your head* moment)

I see trails and planes leaving trails at night all the time. People still see trails left at night, just not as many.

I saw a trail from an A-10 at night just a week ago. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but that it was unlikely to be seen because of how dark (not to mention cold) it was. To my knowledge, no one reported any trails that night either. Plus, I see C-130s over my house several times a day, every day. I have NEVER EVER seen a trail from a C-130 in Arkansas...and I'm one of the few people who still pay very close attention to them when they do fly over.

You still have the problem of the chemical mixing with fuel during flight, the maintenance, including depot level, etc. This would leave obvious traces in the aircraft and people working on it, including the depot would notice. And if you sent it to a different depot it would be noticed as well. Tankers make horrible sprayers, no matter how you look at it.

Yet, my source indicated that they are used (or have been used in the past). So that would beg the next logical conclusion that these are planes (whatever the type) that have been modified... Nothing short of that makes sense to me, but I'm not an expert in military aircraft.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yep...I saw that too. Still, I think it is highly unlikely that this ghost plane was a KC-767. Makes me wonder, though, why Sorcha Faal would even use it in the story when there are so many better candidates??? (Not really expecting an answer to this question...just a *shake your head* moment)

Considering that Sorcha Faal claimed the Air Force was having a civil war off the coast a few years ago, claiming a KC-767 doesn't surprise me in the least.

Yet, my source indicated that they are used (or have been used in the past). So that would beg the next logical conclusion that these are planes (whatever the type) that have been modified... Nothing short of that makes sense to me, but I'm not an expert in military aircraft.

The only way it makes sense is if they did a roll on kit, like the C-130 uses for mosquito spraying. But I've never heard of anything like that with tankers, largely because it doesn't make sense. Tankers are used to ferry cargo around as well, so anything like a roll on kit means less airlift, which is in desperate need right now. It's entirely possible your source was mistaken, but using tankers just doesn't make sense. You can't use the fuel tanks, so there's no need to use specialized aircraft.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This isn't the Doppler radar recording that I was talking about, but it's interesting none-the-less....

Mark Johnson's discovery helps solve mysterious mass bird death case in Beebe, Arkansas

"It looks like a combination of events that occurred over Beebe at just the right time to scare the birds." said Donald.

Johnson's research captured a unseen temperature reversal just above the birds' roosting area at about 1,500 feet above the ground. This temperature "inversion" acted like a megaphone, amplifying all the noises that occurred in Beebe at that time. As the fireworks exploded, the sound was amplified by the inversion and became much louder than normal. This appears to have startled the birds so much that they burst into flight, running into each other, and nearby buildings. Thousands of the now-disoriented birds then crashed to the ground, dying from blunt force trauma.

The article also says

The turbulence appears above the birds between about 7,000 and 12,000 feet. Johnson realized there are only a few possible explanations for this phenomena. Birds don't fly that high, and he quickly ruled out military action, a sonic boom, meteor shower or alien invasion.

However, this is not consistent with eye-witness reports who said they heard booms coming from the area right before the birds starting falling out of the sky.

ETA - this has a nice radar recording from the area, but still isn't the one I'm looking for. The one I saw was zoomed in much closer...but this will do for now.

www.accuweather.com...
edit on 2-12-2015 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

He said there were fireworks in the area just before the birds died, in the first part you quoted. If it was amplifying the sound of fireworks enough to scare the birds, witnesses would have heard them and reported booms in the area.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I don't disagree with that assessment... But we still don't know what the turbulence was.... So, could it have possibly been a chemical disbursement?

Then there's this from Accuweather:

So let's instead look at the science. Above is a 3-D radar view of the bird flock at 10:17 PM CT. It is a wide but short area (like a pancake), between the ground and 2,500 feet (a weak rain shower is also present upper left). You can often see birds (and bats and insects) on radar, coming to roost at night and taking off in the morning. On New Years Eve, the Little Rock NEXRAD radar showed four takeoffs at 9:15, 9:55, 10:15 and 10:55, with the 9:15 exodus depicted here being the most spectacular

The 'weak rain show' in the upper left is what I would assume is the 'turbulence.' I just want to know if an aircraft dispersed a chemical into the air, would it or could it show up the same way?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The turbulence appears above the birds between about 7,000 and 12,000 feet. Johnson realized there are only a few possible explanations for this phenomena. Birds don't fly that high, and he quickly ruled out military action, a sonic boom, meteor shower or alien invasion.

I'm also curious to know why he ruled out military action or a sonic boom?? Perhaps I shall ask him.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Military activity on New Years Eve? Anything short of a dire emergency, and you're lucky to even see someone at the shops that day.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Military activity on New Years Eve? Anything short of a dire emergency, and you're lucky to even see someone at the shops that day.

I've seen military planes fly in the daytime on New Years eve. Granted, IF they flew at night, it would be at a higher altitude than normal due to fireworks...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

There may be a few missions going on, but they're few and far between. They try to keep missions to a bare minimum that day to let people celebrate the holiday.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

There may be a few missions going on, but they're few and far between. They try to keep missions to a bare minimum that day to let people celebrate the holiday.

Can't argue that...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join