It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Project gone awry?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Saw this today and found it extremely interesting. There is a military base close by.... Can't be coincidence, can it?

CNN) -- Arkansas game officials hope testing scheduled to begin Monday will solve the mystery of why up to 5,000 blackbirds fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve.
The birds -- most of which were dead -- were found within a one-mile area of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said. The blackbirds fell over about a one-mile area, the commission said in a statement.
As of Saturday, between 4,000 and 5,000 blackbirds had been found dead, said Keith Stephens with the commission.
"Shortly after I arrived, there were still birds falling from the sky," said commission wildlife officer Robby King in the statement. He said he collected about 65 dead birds.

Here's the full story -
Birds fall from the sky at midnight on New Years Eve

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Found this on a similar thread

GRIGGSTOWN, NJ - January 26, 2009 (WPVI) -- Like some scary old Hitchcock movie, they seem to be everywhere, hundreds if not thousands of dead starlings and blackbirds littering lawns in the Griggstown section of Franklin Township. The dead birds, we now know, are the result of a culling program by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture attempting to help a Princeton farm overrun by birds. The poison left for them takes 24 hours to ingest before the birds die. Local officials said the feds gave nothing but a vague notification of what was happening. "They did not tell us when they were gonna do it, where they were gonna do it or what the aftermath would be," said Kenneth Daly, Franklin Township Manager.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Very interesting....

In this case, they said it was all blackbirds which I find extremely suspicious given their "explanation" is that it was either caused by weather or fireworks.
really? I'm a scientist and have never heard of lightning or fireworks being exclusive to a mass killing off of only one species of bird in an area. Plus, they said it did not extend beyond a 1 mile radius of the area.

Very peculiar....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
between that and the dead fish, I'd say theres something very *fishy* going on in Arkansas.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

something strange and unexplained happens like everyweek and now more frequent .. INTERESTING DAYS

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yes, besides the thousands of fish that died just a few days before this....

There are the earthquakes too. The towns of Guy/Greenbrier Arkansas have experienced literally THOUSANDS of small earthquakes over the past 4 months. While these kind of "swarm" earthquakes have happened in the past, there are no known faults supposedly in these areas. Local residents seem to think its the gas companies but USGS decries that theory.

So how do you explain this? Can't be fireworks....otherwise you'd see millions of birds dropping dead every 4th of July.
What a ridiculous theory....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Did anyone watch the series flashforward? In the episode set in Somalia 1991 all the blackbirds died when they set off the particle accelerator to catch a glimpse of the future. Strange coincidence? It only aired last year.

New series? could this be a viral?
edit on 2/1/2011 by Grifter81 because: classified

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Most likely, widespread exposure to botulinum toxin.

It's kind of rare-ish that far east, though. It hits Utah pretty much yearly.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The mass death of birds reminds me of the story from the TV show FlashForward.

In the show the whole world looses consciousness and get a glimpse into the future. This event rocks the World like no other and an investigation is launched to discover the cause of the black out. During that investigation they discover that a flock of crows had fallen dead near an unusual device that they believe might be connected with the event. It turns out that the device was used in a test of the technology and that the birds died as a result of the test.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Never saw it...but then, I don't watch much television really.

I looked on Google maps and Little Rock AFB is about 24.8 miles from the town of Beebe where the birds died.

Relevant information? Who knows.... The locals are still saying it was a weather related event. However, I've yet to see any "weather related event" that discriminates species of birds.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Another poster brought up a very good point. There is a chemical weapons depot about 60 miles south of this location:
Pine Bluff Chemical Weapons depot

More support for my theory that this is no accident or freak "weather" occurrance.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
Another poster brought up a very good point. There is a chemical weapons depot about 60 miles south of this location:
Pine Bluff Chemical Weapons depot

More support for my theory that this is no accident or freak "weather" occurrance.

Very possible. Another possibility is that some sort of toxins from the gulf were caught in the strange weather patterns that Arkansas has been having.

www.uncoverage.net...
www.npr.org...
brainz.org...
edit on 2-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: fixing links

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Possible....

But that would not explain why only ONE species of fish and ONE species of birds have been affected. What makes them different than other species which were not affected?

What makes a killing agent discriminate a species??? DNA???

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Possible....

But that would not explain why only ONE species of fish and ONE species of birds have been affected. What makes them different than other species which were not affected?

What makes a killing agent discriminate a species??? DNA???

That I cannot answer with any certainty, but I'll give it a try.

Birds and fish are both more sensitive to toxin of almost any kind than most animals, but it would seem more than one type of bird or fish would be affected.

Perhaps these specific fish and birds have a lower tolerance? Speculating, obviously....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The birds sound electronic.

The fish sound like a toxin, except this one, particular form of electromagnetic waves. In this form, one has two sources at different frequencies. Where frequencies intersect, and only where the frequencies intersect, the harmonics and subharmonics created are instantly - fatal if one wishes.

But blackbirds? Something very unusual would call them into a concentration like this, thus an entirely different mystery.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

But blackbirds? Something very unusual would call them into a concentration like this, thus an entirely different mystery.

Actually not. I've been researching their biology after seeing this story and ran across this:

Outside of the nesting season, blackbirds generally feed in flocks and roost at night in congregations varying from a few birds to over one million birds. These flocks and roosting congregations are sometimes comprised of a single species, but often several species mix together. Sometimes they are joined by non-blackbird species, notably European starlings (Sturnus vulgaris) and American robins (Turdus migratorius). The species also have many important differences in their nesting biology, preferred foods, migration patterns, and their damage and benefits to agriculture.

Here is the full data - Blackbird data and biology

so far, I havent come across any reasonable explanation as to why one species would be susceptible to any killing agent - be it fireworks, emp, seismic, toxin, etc... - and others wouldn't be harmed. The only thing that is remotely plausible is that it was DESIGNED this way. Two separate tests...one on fish and one on birds. Each targeting only one species....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

The dead birds, we now know, are the result of a culling program by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture attempting to help a Princeton farm overrun by birds.

This does not add up. Birds would be dead over a very large area with different dosages and metabolisms resulting in different times of death over a very large area, not all within a 1 mile area.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Yes, besides the thousands of fish that died just a few days before this....

There are the earthquakes too. The towns of Guy/Greenbrier Arkansas have experienced literally THOUSANDS of small earthquakes over the past 4 months. While these kind of "swarm" earthquakes have happened in the past, there are no known faults supposedly in these areas. Local residents seem to think its the gas companies but USGS decries that theory.

So how do you explain this? Can't be fireworks....otherwise you'd see millions of birds dropping dead every 4th of July.
What a ridiculous theory....

Small and suspicious earthquakes, eh?

US has admitted to testing a new generation of nuclear weapons. Under current international agreements, nuclear weapons can only be tested underground.

Perhaps the radiation is filtering into the environment somehow?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i remember we had a fish die off like that in indiana that was caused by mercury that had been dumped in the white river. i bet these birds probly ate the dead fish and whatever poisoned the fish poisoned the birds.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Lockheed Martin is making the THAAD missile defense trucks close to where all these birds dropped dead.

The truck with the THAAD radar on it would kill all birds the flew in it's microwaved path. Lockheed Martin was likely testing one of the new trucks they just put together there.

Ooopsie....sorry birds. Should be safe to eat 'em, they are already cooked!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join