It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

God has left the building - where is He?

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In Genesis, God talks about how he regretted making man and was going to wipe all of mankind away - but Noah saved us by his righteousness. After the flood, there are many many times where God interacted with men. He appeared to many, talked to many, saved many and had been apart our lives in many ways.

Today, with almost no animal sacrifices to Him, low obedience to His commandments and just plain arrogance, he seems to have forsaken us - and I don't blame Him - we are a bunch of losers. Where is he? Where has He gone? Why has it been hundreds, maybe thousands of years since he has let us know that He is still here? Why does it seem that He has forsaken us?




posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sorry to tell you this, but you Sir have been lied to. God is man made. God did not make man. We made him. For you even asking this question. You are questioning your faith. God lives in all that believes in him.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You cannot prove he ever excisted beyond doubt.The only evidance to prove he didn`t excist is the fact that he hasn`t returned.Same as Aliens until they knock on your front door and you shake there hand you cannot prove a thing.Sorry don`t mean to offend you but life is simple it`s us that make life complicated.We just need to release that we are born we live our lives then we die if there is anything after we will find out then



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We don't see God's works because here in America, for the most part, we think we don't need him. We are wealthy, healthy, and wise in our own opinions. If you want to see God look at the third world countries that are forbidden to worship, or lack all the the blessings that we have. They will laugh at you when asking the question "where is God". For them the answere is simple, he's everywhere, we just aren't looking for him anymore.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
We don't see God's works because here in America, for the most part, we think we don't need him. We are wealthy, healthy, and wise in our own opinions. If you want to see God look at the third world countries that are forbidden to worship, or lack all the the blessings that we have. They will laugh at you when asking the question "where is God". For them the answere is simple, he's everywhere, we just aren't looking for him anymore.



No they will probaly say he is a two face bast**d and why is he making us starve to death and why do we have so many wars.And why are all the rich countries not punished for not trying harder to help us.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Does a good parent abandon their child when the child has sone something naughty? Take that sentence how you will.


ME

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ummm, the answer to the question is, imo, after Jesus rose they had to leave. Didn't Jesus say he had to go to prepare a place, 'cause in his fathers house there are many mansions?

So the 'physical God, that walked and talked with man, left to another planet/mansion to prepare it . . .



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
For all believers, God made humans after himself. He is dang destructive. he must destroy everything he come in contact with. He must be always at war. Never happy, only time he is happy if others are not.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
why argue the existence of God ?

why not just go ahead and beleive in him until your death, if he doesn't exsist you're not out anything

if he does exsist then you'll reap the rewards of his kingdom.

isn't that easy



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

why not just go ahead and beleive in him until your death, if he doesn't exsist you're not out anything

if he does exsist then you'll reap the rewards of his kingdom.

isn't that easy


Why waste my time. Why not be free of it, when I die, if he is true, he will know why i didnt believe.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
why argue the existence of God ?


With all due respect, some of us wish to deny the ignorance of belief in things that can not be proven.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by elevatedone
why argue the existence of God ?


With all due respect, some of us wish to deny the ignorance of belief in things that can not be proven.


That seems to be one of mans biggest problems. To not believe without proof. This is the direct result of the lie.

He is not going to prove Himself to anyone - that would defeat His purpose. If you were going to steal something, you would not do it if someone were standing next to you watching. What better way to make heaven a place for only those who can be trusted than to watch us without being seen - to see what we'll do when we think no one is looking.

Also, I am not questioning my faith - I am just wondering where He's been for so long. Especially in a time where we need Him most - when we really NEED Him the most.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
GS that was one of my points, If he made us after himself, then he is happy that we are in dispare.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
That seems to be one of mans biggest problems. To not believe without proof.


Are you saying that we should also believe in Bigfoot, the Lochness monster, aliens, ghosts, pixies, fairies and the different god/gods of all the worlds religions without proof? That is a good thing?



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by godservant
That seems to be one of mans biggest problems. To not believe without proof.


Are you saying that we should also believe in Bigfoot, the Lochness monster, aliens, ghosts, pixies, fairies and the different god/gods of all the worlds religions without proof? That is a good thing?


Um, hello? You forgot one:



This is the direct result of the lie.


In other words - since you don't understand, if it wasn't for the lie, we wouldn't need proof.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So I'm looking back over your posts and seeing no explanation for what this Lie is.

So why is your version of god the right one and all others are wrong? By your own reasoning, you are actually asking the question that I have just stated.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
GS that was one of my points, If he made us after himself, then he is happy that we are in dispare.

This is all under the assumption that god is personal and has human attributes. Its one of the prideful ideas of religion-god is like us in some manner. He must be, thats what they say anyways...Perhaps "god" isn't...

PS: nothing exists until its observed



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
sorry but with the countless NDE's I've read about, my own thoughts, and my religion I tend to firmly believe in God without doubt. Too many people have fully died and been revived and accounted their meeting with Jesus specifically.



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
everyone makes good points...

I choose to beleive myself. I don't want to take a chance otherwise



posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJW2314
sorry but with the countless NDE's I've read about, my own thoughts, and my religion I tend to firmly believe in God without doubt. Too many people have fully died and been revived and accounted their meeting with Jesus specifically.


The complexity and imagination of the human (subconscious) mind is a wonderous thing and should not be equated to supernatural phenomenon. Just because one may dream/halucinate about an individual/thing does not mean that there is some sort of true outside nature to said individual/thing.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join