It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A reason not to vote for Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
And this is only the debt they admit to. Lets not forget the compound interest payments and dollar hegemony.

Data Source

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TenPin
And this is only the debt they admit to. Lets not forget the compound interest payments and dollar hegemony.

Data Source

That's a very good reason not to vote for Bush. In fact there are alot of reasons not to vote for him. There are also alot of reason not to vote for Kerry.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I dunno if you guys watch The Chappele Show, but the other night Wyclef Jean was the special guest and he played a very moving song about "election time"

If you click here it will take you to a quicktime movie of the song which is one that he cannot publish on his record label due to its political content

I think he mentions quite a few moving points that should keep Bush out of the office, including one regarding debt...awesome stuff

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ok? According to your chart, the numbers.. and everything associated with them.. I should:

Never reelect a president.. Ever. And I was ignorant for voting to re elect any president before?

Because uhm.. if you havent noticed.. the debt has been steadily going up for 16 years (in those records)..

The debt didnt jump that high in the past 4 years..

Geegee

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota
Ok? According to your chart, the numbers.. and everything associated with them.. I should:

Never reelect a president.. Ever. And I was ignorant for voting to re elect any president before?

Because uhm.. if you havent noticed.. the debt has been steadily going up for 16 years (in those records)..

Geegee

You make a good point Dakota but IMO there shouldn't be a debt. Why should we have a debt to begin with? We're the richest nation on Earth. Why are we borrowing money from ourselves as well as other countries?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The reason we have to borrow money is because we spend more than we earn......it is pretty simple. You will also notice since Bush has been elected the value of the US dollar has fallen about 30% across the board and 50% against the euro. But this is not Bush's fault it is a result of lack of savings. Instead of taking advantage of the ultra-low interest rates we have had for some time to pay down our debt we simply borrowed and spent even more.

The smart money is now flowing out of the US into India and China and they will very happily take over our position as king of the economic hill in the coming years. In fact when China finally allows the Yuan to float it will stop buying US dollars and this will allow the dollar to fall another 50% very quickly and ensure foreigners continue to buy our debt and cheap assets thus supporting our excessive lifestyles.

Bush however is responsible for our massive government debt and this also contributes to our economic woes. His crackpot schemes cost a mint and instead of raising taxes to pay for them and force us to save he cuts taxes.....lol.

Probably by election time the real value of US assets would have fallen by 50% since Bush took over as President. Oil will be around $50 US dollars a barrel and gas prices close to $2.60 a gallon. Interest rates will be up another 0.5%, the real economy will be struggling but the cooked figures will try and convince us of a different picture. Just a combination of greed and arrogance.......on Bush's part and ours!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 07 Jul 2004 at 07:20:22 PM GMT is:

The estimated population of the United States is 294,502,384
so each citizen's share of this debt is $24,640.26.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.68 billion per day since September 30, 2003!

Now, how concern should we be?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Marg figure out the size of our population that is employed......I don't expect my 2 year old son or 80 year old grandfather to be paying off this debt. Maybe that $24k figure per person is closer to $50k per employed person.

It isn't really a concern unless Bush gets re-elected. Remember the good old days when Republicans were tightwads and loved to cut government spending? Who would have thought a Democratic president would have built a very nice budget surplus only to have a Republican blow it all and then some? The world has gone crazy!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
ummmm........hold on

so you are saying that bush is solely responsible for the debt rising in the past 16 years.... damn those be some harsh words.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
No Omega all of us are responsible for our national debt increasing, Bush is only responsible for the growing budget deficit. As I said greed and arrogance on both parts. We are incapable of saving and we really need a president that is fiscally responsible and will force us to save by raising taxes and slashing government spending. Unfortunately I don't like the odds of someone getting elected running on this platform lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If Bush gets re-elected the amount owed per person will go down, since the population will be reduced in great numbers............our armed forces.
He and his gang have several more wars planned.......Iran and North Korea, just to name a few......and those two countries will be aided by China. Maybe that is why both Houses of Congress have bills before them right now re-instating the draft. Effective June 15, 2005 all men and women between 18 and 25 NO EXCEPTIONS..............Then again even if Bush loses.......like he did in 2000 (by 750,000 votes)......He still becomes president.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
All men and women? First, the draft doesn't get women, only men. Also, not all men. Some are in prison, some are comatose or injured in some other way like paralyzed, and others just wouldn't make it. Lets see a 5'9 400lb guy make it through the physical or boot camp. Or me with my back and medical record. I am not even allowed to play sports like football and rugby or games like baseball and tennis due to my back and left leg injuries. Breaking 3 lumbar vertebrae will do that to a person. So what you mean is all men 18-25 who are able to fight will be drafted. Unless your dad does what Bush's daddy did and pay your way out of it so you go to the Texas National Air Guard, just to go AWOL with no punishment.

Well, there are millions of reasons not to vote for Bush. Many of them are the soldiers sent to war with Iraq because god told him to. Then the Iraqi citizens who were killed. Then the trillions of dollars that have been added to the debt. Like someone said, democrats are suppose to spend, and Bill left us a huge surplus, one of the largest ever, and republicans are suppose to be tightwads, but Bush has spent more than any other president. Damn, this reminds me of the best golf player being black and tallest NBA player is chinese. This world is a mad house.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota

Geegee

If you look at the graph you will see that debt went into overdrive in 2000, and has been for the last 4 years... It's partly because of the dotcom crash but the Bush administration should have done something to stop debt running wild. Instead he chose to try and make it seem as if everything was alright just making it worse when things finally come crashing down. Here are some related links:

The Virtual US Recovery

The New American Century ?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
TenPin,

We need you in the mudpit, with your information you will do nice with the pro bush great economy believers

What people does not understand is that this so call by bush economy grow is temporarily and the his overspending in Iraq war is going to hit us very soon, I feel sorry for Kerry if he wins the elections because he will have to deal with the resection that is coming.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Is anyone bothered by the fact that Kerry/Edwards/Bush/Cheney are all freakin' rich rich rich rich rich and either party can basically buy their way into the Presidency? (Despite so called campaign contributions)...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
WOW glad I am over 25!

Yes Kerry isn't the best candidate either. We need a Clinton in charge again or even a Schwarzenegger if we can swing it somehow.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

TextIs anyone bothered by the fact that Kerry/Edwards/Bush/Cheney are all freakin' rich rich rich rich rich and either party can basically buy their way into the Presidency

What do you expect politics are expensive.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here's another reason: He's an idiot!! lol. He just screwed up America's economy.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
James the Lessor,

Look again........the legislation in congess states 18-25 men and women........this is an equal rights country......they both go. And I am sure they will find a nice place for you too.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
omega.

You are correct in stating that men AND women both are eligible draftees. This isn't WW2, its 2004.

However, not ALL men and women can be drafted. Flat-footed men and women are not eligible draftees. That's just one example. Multiples factors go into who is eligible and who isn't. Not ALL people between 18 - 25 are eligible. Another example is if you are in college. College students are not eligible. Adults with children are not eligible.

Those were added to the restrictions some time ago.

-wD

top topics

join