It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How was 2010 for you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

2010 is drawing to a close. What were the best things you did this year? 2010 has been an eventful year for the UK. We have seen a new government take over politics, Kate Middleton and Prince William announced their engagement, and England have retained the Ashes for the first time in 24 years.
bbc

Yes the year is coming to a close. So if you would like to talk about any of the events that happened, what you did during the year, or want to rant about something from the year, hear is a thread where you can do just that. Every year has its good and bad points so maby some of them that the media might have missed can be talked about here.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I was pretty happy with 2010 as I got bits of my writing published (and paid for) for the first time so I can actually say I am a writer (of sorts)

edit on 30-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
While I am personaly had an interesting year. And feel better and better with my harmonic life, full of love, respect and friends I see a sick world, sick societies and the end of all comes closer and closer I feel sorry for all the idiots on this planet and I hope we will never forget the meaning of words like: Greatness, altruism and peaceableness in 2011. Materialism is nothing, status is nothing. All you have is you - your values, your heart, your integrity. And I hope a small group of people who belive in this things will alive the insane time that comes. But anyway. I wish you all a very good 2011! With insight and wisdom.

Peace
Cushy

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Davespanners
wow congratulations! Perhaps some day more of us around hear will see some of your writings. Would you want to say what kind of things it is you publish?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have had a really unfortunate year.

I lost my dad to cancer in July and since he was diagnosed in March i spent most of my time caring for him.

Im hoping in 2011 i can push my aspirations without any bad sh!t happening.

I would like to open my own music recording studio here in UK.

Sorry to be the one to put a downer in the post but im sure you are expecting some not so good years!

All the best

Ol

link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Would you want to say what kind of things it is you publish?

Dear Penthouse forum,

link   
Nationally, I can't think of much good that has happened, except maybe the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Yay! That was great!

The bad? BP Oil Spill, Howard Zinn and Leslie Nielsen died

For me, personally, I always have a great time. It was a good year because I'm still alive and desperately in love and surrounded by love. I can't ask for more.

I did injure my knees again this year and they're still not 100%, but getting better slowly. So, I canceled the surgery I had planned for them in hopes of making a full recovery on my own.

2010 was a good year for me.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

Originally posted by RedGolem
Would you want to say what kind of things it is you publish?

Dear Penthouse forum,

You're closer then you imagine

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguesoul

I lost my dad to cancer in July and since he was diagnosed in March i spent most of my time caring for him.

Roguesoul
very sorry to hear that. Just happens Iost my dad also. Was not cancer though.
I also hope this next year to be better when it comes to family.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I also happened to find this, which is also about this topic.

Japan has been overtaken by China as the world's No. 2 economy. Its flagship company, Toyota, recalled more than 10 million vehicles in an embarrassing safety crisis. Its fourth prime minister resigned in three years, and the government remains unable to jolt an economy entering its third decade of stagnation.
source

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

You're closer then you imagine

Davespanners
after a response like that by all means please do tell.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
in a word, sh1t

I hope next year will be better.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

haha

Ditto

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Thanks for asking, I am glad someone cares....My year was fantastic, have a child on the way!!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
My gardens this past year were abundant, bountiful and beautiful. My home was full of peace and serenity.
... the very things I'd asked for in my deep unspoken dreams.
I thought about that numerous times this year as I reflected in appreciation.

I see others around me struggling - including family, friends and neighbours; not to mention the world in general, and did my best to give support and encouragement with my back, my brain and my heart.

I have some hope that I was able to do some good. Best achievement, hopefully, was just being able to be a friend to someone when they needed it.
edit on 12/30/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/30/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Wayno,
such a wonderful post, thank you, star
am glad your garden was so bountiful, and I am sure the people you managed to help are very gratefull.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Thanks for asking, I am glad someone cares....My year was fantastic, have a child on the way!!

Am glad your year was fantastic, and congratulations on your child on the way.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
January 2010 I decided to try studying abroad a bit. While I was abroad, my gall bladder got infected and almost ruptured. After an ER visit and the discovery of 5 stones, my only choice was to have a major operation in a 3rd world country.

After that near death experience I decided being abroad wasn't for me and decided to come back home to the States to my loving girlfriend of three years and propose and finish school stateside.

The day I propose to my girlfriend she tells me there's someone else. I leave her and move across the country after I learn she's pregnant (with someone else's baby.) She gets an abortion and a couple months later she convinces me to come back to her (stupid me). The night before I get to where she is she tells me that she slept with the first guys cousin.

After a near death experience, a semester of unfinished school and a bad deal with a relationship, I'm hoping that 2011 will be a better year for me.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

Crunkman
wow sounds like you had a heck of a year. Am glad having your gall bladder out worked out ok for you, and your still kicking. I hope the next year will bring you more luck in love. Although some times I think that is as much a conspiracy as anything else.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

You learned a lot of valuable life lessons there this year.
I think it was therefore exactly the year you needed to have.

Now if you actually did learn something from all of those challenges, I would say you are well set up for the next ones to come along next year. Hopefully they will be balanced with a few more rewards to go along with them along the way.

Cheers mate. I'm rootin for ya!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join