It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How was 2010 for you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My year had its ups and downs.I won't rant about the downs.

I had a great time.I travelled a lot and i saw many concerts.
I met a few of my favourite musicians in person and in a Star Trek convention i got to talk to some of my favourite actors.

And that is all i want to remember from 2010.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Wayno
thank you for your kind words to cruck, but what lessons was it he learned? Don't have a girl friend because they cheat on you? I suppose the gall bladder might have shown how close death can be at any time but that's not a lesson I would wish on any one.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the support guys! Hmmm, lessons I've learned...

One thing I've learned from the whole gall bladder experience is that one shouldn't take life for granted, and that one should not live life in fear of the possibility of death. Once it's our time to bite the bullet, it's gonna happen. Live life to the best of your ability, love the ones that love you, and leave behind those that hold you back. Be the best person you can to others, because trust me, when your life is on the line, one of the things that you think about is all those that you have wronged, or wrongs that you have done. At least that's how it was for me personally.

With the whole infidelity issue, I've learned that sometimes, # happens (excuse the profanity) but you just have to take it and keep going. There's someone out there for everybody, and I know one day I'll find someone that's right for me. I'm in no rush though.

One thing that helped me through this year was actually a poem.
Desiderata

edit on 30-12-2010 by Crunkman919 because: "Should NOT live life in fear of the possibility of death..."

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

Crunkman
thanks for the insight on both being close to death, as well as relationships. Despite my cynicism I am glad you still believe there is some one out there for everyone. It was your observations on being close to death that I liked the most though. Thinking about the people that you might have wronged. I do think that is some good advise for everyone to live by day to day.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
2010 kind of sucked for me. I lost a job, my girlfriend left me without giving me a reason (she did, however send me a message on facebook telling me that it's over), and I'm losing my home. I guess on the plus side, I got another job (although, the boss cut my hours drastically) and I found an apartment. I'm just hoping 2011 will be better.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by tribewilder

Originally posted by RedGolem
Would you want to say what kind of things it is you publish?

Dear Penthouse forum,

You're closer then you imagine

From the sound of that, I'd guess it was erotica. Somebody offered to put a short story of mine in a book if I'd tweak it so it was erotica. Still haven't heard back. Anywho, good for you, Dave.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Yes indeed I write erotica at the moment, it's not exactly what I was aiming for, I've written a few horror scripts too which I am trying to sell.

There is still quite a big market for erotica at the moment so it's a bit easier to get paid and published in that field then many others, it feels good to see something you have written in print! So far they are 5000-10000 word short stories that focus on different aspects of Fetishism and a few factual articles on the same subjects...

I doubt I would be allowed to share one on ATS

Edit

To Skid Mark
The publishing world is SLOW
You will probably get a reply, it takes months for me to get a cheque after the articles have been submitted
edit on 30-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Davespanner
yes I would not ask you to go into more detail since you are writing erotica, however I would like you send me in a private message where I can find your printed work or a link to where I can find it alone with the name you are using as the writer. Yes I would like to read some of it since we are talking, and you are a writer.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by wayno

Wayno
thank you for your kind words to cruck, but what lessons was it he learned? Don't have a girl friend because they cheat on you? I suppose the gall bladder might have shown how close death can be at any time but that's not a lesson I would wish on any one.

Well, I think he might have learned something about himself in terms of trusting his gut rather than just what someone like his ex says. Is he a bit of a pushover?

The gall bladder is a bit tricky. Maybe the lesson there is as mundane as making sure you're up to it before heading out accross the world. He also learned it "wasn't his time" to die, and he's got stuff to do, and learn and "people to see" yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

Excellent outlook you have there.

I've read that poem before. Its a good one to be sure. Thanks for reminding me of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

How was 2010 for you?,

WORST YEAR OF MY LIFE. (or as Homer Simpson would say .. worst year of your life SO FAR)

Concussion from late 2009 caused concussion symptoms well into 2010.
Spring 2010 got sick ... kicked off an Autoimmune disease that I had lurking.
Spring and summer were intensively stressful. I think i have PTSD from it. Really.
A dozen idiot doctors who don't know what they are doing ...all misdiagnosis'
bunches of bad drugs with VERY bad side effects were given to me ...
ALL WRONG DRUGS because of multiple misdiagnosis.
STRESS STRESS STRESS.
The disease (Sjogrens) hits hard .. dried out everything, neuropathy of limbs and face and tongue.
Swallowing difficult and painful submandibulars.
Spent 6 months 'sleeping' (if you can call it that) sitting up because I'd choke laying down.
Possible neuropathy of intestines now. Still not fully diagnosed. I have MS symptoms now too.
Lost 63 pounds without trying and I'm now underweight and cold all the time.
I can't eat anything I want ... my diet sucks ... can't even drink coffee.
No sugar. No grains. No pastas. No cereals. No acidic foods (coffee, citrus fruits/juices). etc
I can't walk far and need a wheelchair if I try to go out to a mall or something
(which I don't bother doing anymore).
My hair is falling out and my teeth are starting to go because of the disease and the meds.
But compared to everything else, I'm really not caring about that. (not caring anymore = sad)
And of course this, combined with unanswered prayers, blew apart my belief system.
That's rather tramatic as well.
Glaucoma pressure is back up and I cant' take any of the meds for it. Bad reactions.
So I'll be going blind at some point.
Pollyanna idiots telling me to 'be happy' when they haven't dealt with what I have dealt with.
Best friends are now former friends .. had to be rid of some because of their attitude with the disease.
(man .. that's a story unto itself!! Major disappointment!
never again will I allow myself to be that gooda friends with anyone!).
I miss my husband and daughter ... I can't go out and do family things with them anymore.
I'm stuck at home, getting sicker, hurting more, and all I can do is watch TV or get on the internet.
(When the glaucoma finishes taking my sight, that'll be gone as well).

And the really frightening thing .. others have it worse then I do!!!

As for what is going on in the world .... I just see it getting worse.
Lies and more lies by the media. Zombie idiots believing the media and politicians.
PC bullcrap. Organized religion bullcrap causing problems worldwide.
Obama apologists ... Bush apologists ... religion apologists ... ignorance apologists ...
fairweather 'friends' ... people everywhere suffering and in pain ...
animals in pain ... the planet falling apart ... lies and untruths everywhere.

2010 freak'n sucked as far as I'm concerned and I don't see 2011 getting any better.
I'm afraid to hope for a pleasant surprise. I always get disappointed.
There .. that's my answer to how 2010 was for me.
Sorry you asked??

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A mixed bag of ups and downs. Certainly an interesting year, but i'm happy for a new 2011 - The plan is to write some new music and maybe take up aikido to keep me fit.

All the best

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Flyers
not sorry I asked. I dont know if wishing you good health in the year would do any good as I am sure many have already tried. But still I will any way.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
The plan is to write some new music and maybe take up aikido to keep me fit.

Those of us with some luck have had ups and downs, I am sure the aikido is a good way to help you stay fit though, best of luck with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join