It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Bei

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gabrielle.Black

Gabrielle
Hear is a link for dumb laws in the U.S. It is not necessarily the arrest report for the kid who farted in class but it does show that there are stupid laws on the books.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
From what I understand, for every person arrested and convicted of a crime there are shareholders who are making money. This is true in my country as much as it is in America.

Now, considering that law enforcement is furtively incorporated, it is in fact the purpose of law enforcement to generate wealth. To clarify; a police officer's purpose is not to enforce the law, it is in fact to generate wealth. Enforcing the law is just a means of achieving the goal of making shareholders more wealthy. The reasoning is applicable to any corporation.

Having said that, most of the time the quest to generate wealth benefits the customers... or should in theory, that's capitalism (more or less). But in the case of law enforcement and also government the system does no service to those who pay for its growth (growth is immensely important for corporations, without sustained growth there is only inevitable failure... thus we endure expansion of government.... and law enforcement... are they actually even separate?).

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by RedGolem

I will add one.
As many know Peta run "humane societies" kill many of the pets brought to them. In our town a woman ended up running a sort of private placement center. All of her animals were fat and healthy and well cared for. People preferred to leave animals with her than with the local "humane society" and of course she not the "humane society" got a lot of donations to help with the care of the animals

PEAT took exception to a privately run shelter competing with them for donations. They had the police toss the woman in jail "rescued" the animals and then after starving them killed them.

(PETA) put to death more than 97 percent of the dogs, cats, and other pets it took in for adoption in 2006! - sev.prnewswire.com...
businessv20.com...

peta is a scam and they should be investigated. they run those commercials with sad looking dogs and 3 legged cats accompanied by sad music all the while trying to make u "donate" to find these poor animals a home while their 800 no. is in big bold letters with the visa, amex and mastercard logos beside it.

they must rake in 10's of millions of dollars and their only overhead is the deathhouses they lease around the country, their sodium pental and that's about it, because most people volunteer their time to help out the humane society.

you have to be the biggest sucker to believe peta helps animals. they are a new world order commitee designed manipulate and exploit people's ignorance for profit. just like everything in america.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Random
thanks for the post about peta, everyone who has any feelings for animals at all should be aware of that. It is sad but people do use the law to gain wealth. Be it right or wrong I have seen it happen also.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Wow, crazy, what sort of people would want to live in a country with a police state such as th.....oh wait, nevermind, just remembered where I live

edit on 28/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

that made me spit out my Coffee on my monitor screen ! Ohh Laughter!

I was thinking about the Poster! Secure Beneath watchful eyes! Poster!! and Security Cameras Everwhere CCTV

And Do you Know where your Government MIGHT of gotten the Idea From? it may scare you!!
Strange but True in a Serious Manner! are you Ready be Prepare your Self and the The Rest of ATS that Reads This Post!

(Disclose TV Forum)

Member ( Lilith )
his a German poster from 1933, which says "Übersicht mit Hollerith Lochkarten" (="oversight with Hillerith punched cards"..those cards were used to store personal data, which means also whether you are jewish or not

The Pic
Nazi Germany 1933 punch card identify Poster

Papers Please!

The London Metro CCTV Metro Police Propaganda Orwellian Poster
Secure Beneath The Watchful Eyes! Poster!!

edit on 29-12-2010 by Wolfenz because: Rearranging

edit on 29-12-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hi, I havent read all the threads, not that this one is more important or anything like that;
Most of the Eastern part of Australia is underwater, I saw some footage of a young guy doing as young guys do: jumping off a bridge into swollen floodwaters, next shot was of him being led away handcuffed!
We have a fantastic diversion here of classic old cars going on a run through the suburbs, immaculate vehicles, guess what? Cops were at the meeting point slapping unroadworthy stickers on these beautiful machines that only get driven at these rallies.
Not drastic, but a sad sign of the times.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

I was thinking about the Poster! Secure Beneath watchful eyes! Poster!! and Security Cameras Everwhere CCTV

Wolfenz
I can see where it is very easy to make the connection of the tv cameras everywhere and Nazi Germany, or any other totalitarian regime. I just also like to think that the tv cameras everywhere can also be used to keep the police straight. If everyone everywhere is being filmed, then it would be harder for any one to lie about something they did or did not do.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think there needs to be a realization of this bs.. and people should start taking their cases to trial, and we should all acquit. Down with the bogus charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all bogus.. I got beat up by cops one time, cause some grocery store accused my friends and I of stealing. What really happened was, I was asking a manager where an item was, and my friend handed my other friend a business card, and he put it in his pocket. Thanks cops for giving me 1st degree burns on my arms, and cuffing me and walking me though public to ask the local stores if I recently purchased the items I had in my posession.. You guys are so nice!!! 5 cop cars for nothing.. I really should have sued. Whats the limitations on something like that?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Myendica
I agree the people need to put a stop to this. A person I worked with was twice pulled over by police and given a ticket for not wearing his seat belt when he was indeed wearing his seat belt. The second time it happened he went to court and from what he said the prosecutor was basically having a fit saying that because he drove around a corner he had time to put on his seat belt before he got pulled over. The judge sided with the prosecutor. That is just an example showing the courts may not be on the side of the people.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What can I say America is a nation of laws but those same laws that has made America the most free nation in the world, is now been taken over by corrupted law makers that eventually without restrictions from the people will make America the most oppressive nation to live in.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I'm what you might call a little old lady and a friend told me that if you take prescription drugs you'd
better take the bottle with you else they may accuse you of having illegal drugs on 'ya..in so many
words she said that..somebody she knew got into trouble as they could not prove the drugs were
theirs ..but luckily they had the money to help themselves out..it costed the family plenty I
understand.
I got carded by a debuty once at a bus stop..I was on my way home and he stopped and called in
my ID number etc..ok, the bus came and the debuty asked the driver to wait..well he did but I got
a little embarassed. I know it's necessary when looking perhaps for a suspect and it was a reminder
that we should always carry our ID cards just in case.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I got pulled over for accelorating too fast. I went and fought it.. well first attempted to plead with the officer to drop the points. He said he gave me a break, so I went into court. The officer gave his testimony, and I pretty much said to the judge that I agreed 100% with what the officer had said, but that I still don't see an infraction, and that I just couldn't afford the insurance hike for receiving these points. I said "of course I stopped because plows were in my lane driving towards me, and of course I accelorated because I was around a blind bend, and the speed limit was 50. " "the officer caught up to me less than 2 miles down the road, and he had to turn around to catch up to me, so whos speeding? If I was speeding, he wouldn't have caught up to me so fast." Needless to say the judge was in my favor. I felt great about it. Pretty much you have to make it clear that you need proof of this infraction and without it, theres no way I will pay.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Myendical
I am glad to hear that the judge ruled in your favor. I am just sorry to say that is one of the few cases, and probably the only case, that I have heard of the judge actually ruling in favor of the citizen.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

This one was my favorite.

#8 Back in 2008, a 13-year-old boy in Florida was actually arrested by police for farting in class.

According to the report, the incident occurred Nov. 4, when the 13-year-old boy “continually disrupted his classroom environment” by purposely breaking wind. He then shut off some computers other students were using.

I could see suspending him for a day or two or maybe detention but to be cuffed and taken into custody!?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

Evil
thanks for the additional information on the farting incident. Star
I did suspect there was more to it then farting. He was removed for being disruptive. As to weather the police should have been involved or not I will up to the individual to decide.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
264 correctional facilities privately operated in the US. ppl is required to fill jails for that's the true core of buissness
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Above
you point is taken, however the same source also makes this point.

In a 2008-released study, evidence indicated that states can save a substantial amount of money if they use a shared system of both privately and publicly managed prisons. The research showed that during the study period (1999–2004), states were able to save up to $15 million on their yearly corrections budget by using at least some privately managed prisons.
wiki

I remember when that was first started. They said from the beginning it was suppose to save money. I like to think it is but don't really know.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

First off most these are local crimes not national crimes. Second this is some Alex Jones BS that is misleading to say the least. Third we are still better than China and their laws.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blangger

Blangger
yes we are better off the China, and NK. But that is what I want to be reconised on this thread. We must work to have these laws removed to help make sure we do not end up like NK or any other totalitarian regime.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The article is misleading. About half of the people they mention that were arrested, were not arrested for the initial crime. They gave the police attitude and broke several other laws. That is what got them arrested.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join