Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

page: 2
26
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by sadwolf
 


Your gonna have to do better than that, perhaps some proof !!! reason and logic would be feasible, In other words BACK UP YOUR CLAIM!!


How about you back up your claim that the Catholic Churth was founded by JC?




posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin

Originally posted by ganjoa
Nevermind - I almost got sucked into your very-much-like-saltheart-foamswallower-diatribe.
What's it to you anyway? Why do you care that 99% of posters are anti-vatican?
People have opinions. Get over it.


Top comment of the entire thread in my opinion. The OP wants an argument and probably trolling. She/he isn't interested in hearing any opposition. The audacity one has to have to defend the LEADERS of the Catholic Church when there is so much evidence of abuse by them can only come from a complete blind person.


No... I am stating a fact. Not trolling , (If you really know who I am on this site) If you are going to state opposition, factually do so.(Which I have not seen) I have no problem explaining to any lay person.
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen
 


Would you like me to start quoting history? lol



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
. The Church Jesus Christ himself established.


ahahahahahahahahahahaha




So the undead zombie in the sky established yet another criminal organization right?

Wow, what is wrong with you?



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by wcitizen
 


Would you like me to start quoting history? lol


I would like some evidence that Peter was ever in Rome... It doesn't say that anywhere in the Bible.. And in fact Paul said he would never invade on someone else ministry yet Paul was all over Rome...

How about the alteration of the 10 commandments and the removal of the command to make make graven images? Yet you all still bow down to men and to statues and paintings... There are more than enough pictures to prove that people do bow down to these things...

And what about where Jesus himself said that "No man may come to the father except by me" yet you all pray to dead people to intercede for you to the father...

Burden of proof is on you friend as you are the one bringing the subject up.. That is if you are actually trying to have a conversation... unless you are just trolling.



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by wcitizen
 


Would you like me to start quoting history? lol


No, that's not proof, that's hearsay.


+19 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A laundry list of specifics you ask for... a laundry list of specifics you shall receive.

The Medieval Inquisition
The Spanish Inquisition
The Portuguese Inquisition
The Roman Inquisition
Catholic sexual abuse
Catholic coddling of Nazi Germany
Catholic selling of "foregiveness" for profit.
A variety of Genocides condoned by Papal Bulls

And this doesn't even begin to touch such detrimental acts as the repression of scientific knowledge, the long term refusal of the Church to even allow adherents of the faith to even know the meaning of the words in the Mass or the Bible, a series of Antipopes, and even the procreation of STD's by the refusal to allow Catholics to use birth control as a means of self protection.

Yeah, the Catholic church doesn't quite have a stellar track record.

~Heff



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Some quick links on the molestation side of things. Still pretty big in socal, I'm sure everywhere else also. The Diocese are known for cutting plea deals and shifting the offenders around to other areas.

Info with time table

Diocese filing for bankruptcy to harm victims more - 2007

Some Stats/Info from around the world



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide
 


Hi Heff, If your gonna destroy my thread with all that insignificant Mumbo jumbo, at least give me a star for effort..lol
On a serious note this is all isolated individual instances. Not the church as a whole.
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Re Oliveoil

You wrote:

"I can quote all day long from the Bible, question is , is that can you give me anything to back up what you are saying?"


You mean presenting 'facts' like from the bible with a geocentric universe, which is 6000 years old (according to genealogic chronology), vegetarian lions and assorted alleged miracles.

Your primitive "I'm right, because I'm right" level, above such trivialities of relating to reality outside the holy bubble, will only help to hasten the implosion of christianity. Only fanatics and the very uneducated and bewildered buy this kind of stuff these days. So hang on to your fantasies and fabulations. They will clean the world of extremist religion faster than thousands of critics can.

What's this thread for? A last heroic stand of a dying religion or years of ingrown habit of spreading the 'message' by yelling at passers-by from a streetcorner soapbox.



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Hefficide
 


Hi Heff, If your gonna destroy my thread with all that insignificant Mumbo jumbo, at least give me a star for effort..lol
On a serious note this is all isolated individual instances. Not the church as a whole.
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)



I am pretty sure everything I said is directed to the "Church" as a whole.

My personal opinion anyway is that the crusades.. witch hunts... Links to the Nazis... and all the other stuff he linked is not insignificant mumbo jumbo... as it is all pretty big things that happened and all are verifiable...



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Hefficide
 


Hi Heff, If your gonna destroy my thread with all that insignificant Mumbo jumbo, at least give me a star for effort..lol
On a serious note this is all isolated individual instances. Not the church as a whole.
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)


You fail at trolling.

Religion is a pathetic joke that you seem incapable of understanding.



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Re Oliveoil

You wrote:

"I can quote all day long from the Bible, question is , is that can you give me anything to back up what you are saying?"


You mean presenting 'facts' like from the bible with a geocentric universe, which is 6000 years old (according to genealogic chronology), vegetarian lions and assorted alleged miracles.

Your primitive "I'm right, because I'm right" level, above such trivialities of relating to reality outside the holy bubble, will only help to hasten the implosion of christianity. Only fanatics and the very uneducated and bewildered buy this kind of stuff these days. So hang on to your fantasies and fabulations. They will clean the world of extremist religion faster than thousands of critics can.

What's this thread for? A last heroic stand of a dying religion or years of ingrown habit of spreading the 'message' by yelling at passers-by from a streetcorner soapbox.


The bible does not say anywhere that the earth is only 6000 years old. It only gives a genealogical record back to Adam. Then the 6 "days" of creation do not say how long they are. The bible says that a day to God is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day. So who knows how long creation took. And then again God could have created everything instantly to already be a billion or however many years old. It just does not specify.

Using that to disprove the bible is doing nothing more that showing the ignorance of people who take all passed down information as 100% fact and not "studying to show themselves approved".



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil
 


Not sure I have anything presently negative about the Catholic Church. I was raised protestant and so that did partly shade my views. However, as I am currently researching the true teachings of the early Church I do find an examination of Catholicism quite helpful in pointing me ever backwards in time toward that which I seek. So I'm not speaking ill of the Catholic Church. She like others do have negative influences but I do believe Truth can be found within her bosom.



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Don't be so hard on her, cut her a little slack.

It isn't easy to examine our religion, the Catholic church along with protestant have gone through many changes and reforms, maybe her experiences were positive ones,

I have many beautiful memories,



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater
 


This thread is in no means an attempt to troll. Heff is a friend of mine and I value his input and am willing to have a mature debate with anyone who contributes something worth contributing ( as did Heff)
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil
 


Nope I did not stop there, I went on a spiritual search which lead me to the truth.



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by BigTimeCheater
 


This thread is in no means an attempt to troll. Heff is a friend of mine and I value his input and am willing to have a mature debate with anyone who contributes something worth contributing ( as did Heff)
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)


Your quote:



If your gonna destroy my thread with all that insignificant Mumbo jumbo


yea, very mature.



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The pope is the public representative for the entire institution.
Therefore it is the duty of the pope to swiftly, loudly, and publicly comdemn any action perpetrated by a member of the catholic church who holds any position of authority, influence or service to the parish that has commited an act that would be illegal or immoral.Any failure to do so implicates the entire institution IE the Catholic church of is also guilty of the act by association, and by the failure to condem the act.



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by oliveoil
 


Nope I did not stop there, I went on a spiritual search which lead me to the truth.


What truth would this be?






top topics



 
26
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join