It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and Ufos, the Internet's new church - disgusting!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The last thread title on the list below is a challenge to us employing logic, common sense, and reason. These threads are an insult to intelligence yet they're accepted as legal tender discussion topics. How absurd! We have enough of a mystery with UFOs without allege aliens without bringing in myths. There is no historical evidence for Jesus so how the h__l can anyone even consider Jesus as an aliens when we don't even have one iota of evidence for them?

God? Whose god? The jews, the muslims, the Egyptian's, the Greek's, the Roman's, native Americans, Intuits', whose? All gods are myths anyway. There were never any gods, just human constructions which are reflected in the believers that crowd this forum. People that have no concept of what evidence is. Gullible people that buy whatever comes down the pike. The more outrageous, they faster they embrace it and give hell to anyone who counters their beliefs.

Disgusting.

Jesus was a Space Alien
God,the source of love,trying to save us(and how it relates to ufo's),
I think jesus was an alien..dont you?
UFOs are A Gateway to Heaven
Aliens or Demons
Civility, decorum and the Aliens and UFO Forum

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Obviously someone had a few too many drinks at the xmas party,
or maybe they're alone at home at xmas and drink to drive the loneliness away..

Either way.......Nice Rant.....

Merry Christmas...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Isn't that a bit of a double standard?
We should accept aliens as a "mythology", but we cannot accept Jesus, even as a "mythology"?
Can we not heuristically learn something about both by connecting the myths?
We cannot stifle free thought just to make something look "scientific" that hasn't been proven either.

edit on 25-12-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
this thread violates the rules posted at the top of this page !

Merry Christmas

edit on 25-12-2010 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Well, now I'm curious about this thread.

How exactly is this guy breaking the rules? What about the person who called him a "moronic fool" in reply?

And how come the person who supports the alien hypothesis isn't noticed, while the skeptic gets piled-on in the OP? How telling...
edit on 25/12/10 by Adept_Zero because: added bottom line

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Oh who cares what people think or believe? Especially since you agree it's mostly rubbish anyhow. There are far cooler things to waste our time on.

Like I always say, don't believe anything unless you see it with your own eyes personally. Even then stay skeptical because we can be deceived.

Even skepticism is religious like however, because I assume that it will help me separate the fact from fiction. But this is not fool-proof. It doesn't always work. No ones perfect.

There is always inaccuracy. We are a very primitive species on a backwards world.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Ah yes the Great Successful debunker who likes to crash UFO conventions and cause a stink is spreading his usual cheer
but we got ya on camera... in that suit of yours that you call a 'class act'

Merry CHRISTmas Herr GRINCH

Oh BTW you can huff and you can puff but if you think your tactics are converting anyone...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Jesus was a Space Alien
- Wrong, he is a hybrid from E.T and human through artificial insemination.

God,the source of love,trying to save us(and how it relates to ufo's).
-
I can't defend this statement; it's beyond my comprehension.
I think jesus was an alien..dont you?
- No, he was a hybrid.

UFOs are A Gateway to Heaven
- No, they are angels in their purest form.
Aliens or Demons
- Why not both?.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Seems like you want to be a leader among sheep... Faith in Jesus is okay but faith that in the millions of universes of other intelligent life is wrong is not okay? Kind of a really big fault on your part don't you think?

It would be pretty ignorant to think that "we" of planet Earth are alone when there are so many unexplored worlds out there that we will never know about for maybe another 300 years or so and that's just being optimistic and that is just my unfounded thoughts on the time it will take just to have the tech to reach the outer reaches or our own galaxy with manned flight. Telling people that it's fine to have a belief in an unfounded religion based on writings that were never meant to be taken in the literal sense to begin with is reaching at best. The Bible was a chronicle of interpretation at best and was not meant as a literal means to live by. The only reason religion has gotten as far as it has is because of close minded fear of the unknown. To think that there might be "others" is a question long pondered by some of the greatest minds in history which most have seen to conclude that we are not alone.

Whether or not the Mayan calender is correct and either the world ends or is starting a new beginning will have to be seen. You can not preach that believing in Jesus is right and not being open to the possibilities that maybe, just maybe you are wrong because nothing is certain. Your faith is commendable however having said faith does not make you 100% right nor does it give you the right to say that others are wrong. Masses of people over the centuries have seen other worldly things either in the sky or on the ground and to simply play it off as nothing makes you look like a fool. If the Vatican is open to the idea of other worldly visitors than maybe it's you who should be questioning your own close minded beliefs and asking yourself if maybe... Just maybe your the naive one.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Disgusting.

Now, this is the problem with us primitive human beings, that someone would use the word "Disgusting" when it comes to peoples beliefs with ufo's and ET. You really find that Disgusting? I find the state of the planet, the murderers,rapists,child abusers etc distgusting, not people's beliefs as long as they are not hurting anyone, how can it be Disgusting?

This just proves my point that the belief of some de-bunkers makes them look at believers as if they are the devil, and the most evil thing in the world, and its sad!

Yes, we all get annoyed with the hardcore believers that believe everything, but we also get annoyed with the hardcore de-bunkers who refuse to believe, or even look into cases. They are just as bad as eachother.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
censorship lives merry xmas to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Isn't that a bit of a double standard?
We should accept aliens as a "mythology", but we cannot accept Jesus, even as a "mythology"?
Can we not heuristically learn something about both by connecting the myths?
We cannot stifle free thought just to make something look "scientific" that hasn't been proven either.

edit on 25-12-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

While I actually don't feel that I'll ever have to pay, but I'm willing to bet you $1,000,000,000,000,000,000 that in your lifetime you won't be able to produce any historical evidence for the mythical Jesus of the mythical New Testament that was appended to the jewish bible but is not found as such in jewish temples. Presently, aliens, by that I mean the popularly described extra-terrestrial alien driving around in UFOs, are an imaginary construct for no one has yet produced any evidence for their reality.

Since one doesn't know what the future will bring, regardless of how many prophecies you want to throw at me from Nostradamus to Cayce, there is a possibility that one of these days humans will receive the biggest surprise/shock of our lives and an "alien" will make him/herself available and the mystery will only deepen.

But the future is not going to bring any historical facts about Jesus. The Dead Sea Scrolls were the last holdout and the christian were totally disappointed when he wasn't mentioned even though some "scholars" want to make you believe the Scrolls do. Again, no evidence, just personal translation.

I posted this "rant" (ATS classification) in Aliens and UFOs forum because that's where the religious believers hold court.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
this thread violates the rules posted at the top of this page !

Merry Christmas

edit on 25-12-2010 by easynow because: (no reason given)

And religious believers disguising themselves as UFO enthusiasts violate common sense, logic, and reason. Regardless of where they post their religious b.s.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Oh who cares what people think or believe? Especially since you agree it's mostly rubbish anyhow. There are far cooler things to waste our time on.

Like I always say, don't believe anything unless you see it with your own eyes personally. Even then stay skeptical because we can be deceived.

Even skepticism is religious like however, because I assume that it will help me separate the fact from fiction. But this is not fool-proof. It doesn't always work. No ones perfect.

There is always inaccuracy. We are a very primitive species on a backwards world.

Which is why critical thinkers should inherit the earth. It's been in the hands of believers, religious and otherwise, who do not recognize they're asleep. If you demand irrefutable evidence for every claim made, regardless of subject, you will always stand on solid ground. Accept hearsay and your foundation is weak.

Even though this is not the Aliens and UFOs forum, the reality of UFOs should no longer be doubted. There is overwhelming circumstancial evidence in the favor. On the other hand, one has to keep an open mind on what are called "aliens" because even though there is no evidence for their reality, the reality of UFOs makes them possible but not necessarily extra-terrestrials. No one knows what is in those pesky UFOs or where they originate or where they go when they're not being seen. If there are beings inside them, they do not necessarily originate from another planet or anywhere else except possible other dimensions. It's just something to consider because we have nothing solid to fall back on.

Read Jacques Vallee.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Ah yes the Great Successful debunker who likes to crash UFO conventions and cause a stink is spreading his usual cheer
but we got ya on camera... in that suit of yours that you call a 'class act'

Merry CHRISTmas Herr GRINCH

Oh BTW you can huff and you can puff but if you think your tactics are converting anyone...

That's a handsome beast, thanks. Even beasts have class 'cause this one is dressed to the hilt and that hair! To die for. I'm not out to convert but unlike you I'm not out to fool the public either. Pegasus is a depot for believers, not the critical-minded.

If the believers see someone such as me not toeing the line, it might make them think why they are toeing the line. You cannot have a cult of individuals.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussDavis71

Seems like you want to be a leader among sheep... Faith in Jesus is okay but faith that in the millions of universes of other intelligent life is wrong is not okay? Kind of a really big fault on your part don't you think?

It would be pretty ignorant to think that "we" of planet Earth are alone when there are so many unexplored worlds out there that we will never know about for maybe another 300 years or so and that's just being optimistic and that is just my unfounded thoughts on the time it will take just to have the tech to reach the outer reaches or our own galaxy with manned flight. Telling people that it's fine to have a belief in an unfounded religion based on writings that were never meant to be taken in the literal sense to begin with is reaching at best. The Bible was a chronicle of interpretation at best and was not meant as a literal means to live by. The only reason religion has gotten as far as it has is because of close minded fear of the unknown. To think that there might be "others" is a question long pondered by some of the greatest minds in history which most have seen to conclude that we are not alone.

Whether or not the Mayan calender is correct and either the world ends or is starting a new beginning will have to be seen. You can not preach that believing in Jesus is right and not being open to the possibilities that maybe, just maybe you are wrong because nothing is certain. Your faith is commendable however having said faith does not make you 100% right nor does it give you the right to say that others are wrong. Masses of people over the centuries have seen other worldly things either in the sky or on the ground and to simply play it off as nothing makes you look like a fool. If the Vatican is open to the idea of other worldly visitors than maybe it's you who should be questioning your own close minded beliefs and asking yourself if maybe... Just maybe your the naive one.

You need to ignore the Drake Equation. You need to learn about the mind and the best source for such an education would be a cult deprogrammer. The jewish bible was not written to control your life, only the lives of those who lived in certain areas of the Mediterranean, a small portion of the planet. You don't know anything about religion because if you did you'd know that religion is mind-control, mind-conditioning and depends on superior minds controlling weaker minds through fear. Mind-conditioning is happening right now even as we speak. Just turn on the television and you'll see it at work. But then since you sound already conditioned you won't recognize it at work.

Never mind the Mayans. They only knew about their restricted areas and restricted lifestyles. They didn't know about the future and you, possibly more educated than them, do not know anything about the future either. The Vatican exists because of your tax dollars. Take our money away and it would collapse.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Disgusting.

Now, this is the problem with us primitive human beings, that someone would use the word "Disgusting" when it comes to peoples beliefs with ufo's and ET. You really find that Disgusting? I find the state of the planet, the murderers,rapists,child abusers etc distgusting, not people's beliefs as long as they are not hurting anyone, how can it be Disgusting?

This just proves my point that the belief of some de-bunkers makes them look at believers as if they are the devil, and the most evil thing in the world, and its sad!

Yes, we all get annoyed with the hardcore believers that believe everything, but we also get annoyed with the hardcore de-bunkers who refuse to believe, or even look into cases. They are just as bad as eachother.

You misinterpret my meaning. My "rant" (ATS classification) was not about UFOs and aliens. My "rant" was about the religious believers who create threads with Jesus, God, Satan, Angels, Demons, etc., in their titles. It's the Aliens and UFOs forum, for cryin' out loud! Take your Jesus, God, Satan, Angels, Demons to the religion forum and discuss your butts off. Keep those topics out of the Aliens and UFOs forum where those 2 topics should be the only topics allowed. Anyone mixing Aliens and UFOs with religious b.s. should be tarred and feathered and sent to the moon!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

While I actually don't feel that I'll ever have to pay, but I'm willing to bet you $1,000,000,000,000,000,000 that in your lifetime you won't be able to produce any historical evidence for the mythical Jesus of the mythical New Testament that was appended to the jewish bible but is not found as such in jewish temples.

As you are the biggest, most arrogant skeptic I have seen..

I now must say that "I" am skeptical that you have that sort of money to wager..

Obviously if you haven't then you are just a lieing hoaxer..

Which I seem to recall disgusts you..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have a good question I want to get your opinion on.

If you saw a legit flying saucer really close up just fly by your house one day, what would you think?

Would you still think it was just fairy tales and make - believe? Or would you start to consider that maybe something really fishy is going on?

I am just curious.

Indulge me for just a minute. How would you react if you actually saw it in real life?

You know how I reacted when I saw it? I remember saying "Omg those are Real???", and "Holy crap I used to make fun of people for that!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join