It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gun Prohibition. What would be in your weapons cache?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

There is a law called the horse law. Which is a perpetual law. Which entitles any one who owns a horse or cares for a horse. To carry a knife. So that one can cut it free, in case it gets stuck in trees/bushs ect. So if you have any conection to horses you can use this law in your defense. It does work as I have seen people get off with carrying a knife by using this defense.
Same with a bow. Its a perpetual law and its every english mans duty to own a bow. I have a lovely compound bow and some really nice home made arrows. You can use your bow in parks or common land. Provided that you display a warning sign alerting other people to the fact that archery is being practiced. On private land there is no law, as long as you have the owners permission.
The second archery law was enacted in1363 by Richard the 3rd the black prince.This law is still on the statute books. Its an unforced law.
Section 139 criminel justice act 1988. States, neither a bow nor arrow are classified as offensive weapons under british law. UNLESS the individual ADAPTS the bow or arrow SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of causing harm or injury to another person.

edit on 22-2-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
Can you still own Bows and arrows or crossbows? If you can that and Camouflage should get you some nice toys should the poo smack into the fan.

I think its still the law that men under a certain age are supposed to practice long bow shooting on a sunday or something liek that.

My weapon would be a sword.
edit on 22-2-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Humm, well, if it is a weapons cache, it is illegal. Therefore, I would stock up with whatever I could lay my hands on through the black market. However, if I had to stay withing the law, I would stock it with long bows, crossbows´, powerful sling shots (with plenty of steel shot), a blow pipe (with darts and poison), a whole array of knives, wire saws and snare wire. I addition, I would stock up on enough raw materials to make some pretty big bangs.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by tilpah
if you think our laws are fine as they are Parapi, then they already brainwashed you and I suggest you follow the advice above and google re-arming Britain.

Thanks, but just because I hold a contrary view as you does not mean I am brainwashed. In fact, the reverse may be true if you rely on Google-search-provided websites to form your worldview. "Re-arming Britain"! Was the British population ever armed? No, it was not.

Yes it was! Prior to the gun control acts in 1953 onwards many people owned guns, shotguns (off-ticked). Indeed if you google the Totenham Outrage (1909) you'll see the population of London routinely carried firearms. All our ancestors were allowed weapons for defence. It wasn't until 1920 (after WW1 funnily enough) that the gun laws became ever draconian.

The law on gun ownership may be draconian for people who want to own a gun for the sake of it, but for the majority who think guns should be tightly controlled the current legislation is just fine. If the rule of law collapsed in the UK (I assume that’s what you mean by WROL) then I would be quite happy not to have half the population taking pot-shots at me when I go to the shop.

Why can't someone own a weapon to defend themselves with? Are you going to be there to save the day if someone's in danger? If your wife, mother or daughter could of prevented a possible rape, robbery or otherwise crime what would you say to the fact that, had they been armed they could very well of prevented it...

On knives, I think you are letting you imagination take you over. If you carry a knife in the UK without a good reason – i.e. you are carrying for some macho fantasy reason or because you are doing things where a knife may be handy (i.e. dealing drugs, mugging), then I think the authorities should deal with you. The law outlaws certain types of knife (e.g. flick knives) because of their association with crime, but if you are stopped by the police and are found to have a knife in your possession and have a reasonable explanation, then the police cannot touch you. You should read upon the legislation and the rationale behind it. I would not for a minute suggest you did a Google search, but perhaps you go straight to source...

Macho fantasy? What are you smoking?
There's been court cases in the UK where people have used the Common Law Bill of Rights (1689) to successfully fight for their right to bear arms and used it to show 'reasonable' grounds for carrying batons and knives.
EVERYONE has the inalienable right to have a means to defend themselves and the police force CANNOT do it in the time a crime takes to unfold.
People can and will do this so deal with it and move on.

Check that link out.

en.wikipedia.org...

See the above in bold text.

Also worth a look is this statement by William Blackstone in 1765:

In 1765, William Blackstone wrote the Commentaries on the Laws of England describing the right to have arms in England during the 18th century as a natural right of the subject that was "also declared" in the English Bill of Rights.[19][20] The fifth and last auxiliary right of the subject, that I shall at present mention, is that of having arms for their defence, suitable to their condition and degree, and such as are allowed by law. Which is also declared by the same statute I W. & M. st.2. c.2. and is indeed a public allowance, under due restrictions, of the natural right of resistance and self-preservation, when the sanctions of society and laws are found insufficient to restrain the violence of oppression.[21]

en.wikipedia.org...

This is evidence you must use if you are fighting a weapons charge in a court of law. It can and has been used for successful defence in a court of law

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I am originally from the UK but now live in Canada
I bitch about the gun laws here but knowing the UK laws I feel lucky

I own pistols from 22 to 44 magnum
I own shotguns
some with barrels as short as 14 inches (legal)
I own several semi auto varients of assault rifles
sniper rifles
and several hunting rifles

and
I do carry a spring assisted knife with nothin the cops can do about it

I do however miss the UK for some things
edit on 30-7-2011 by Torquil because: photo

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Actually, it's still just possible to own firearms,(and not just shotguns) in the UK.
But the number of hoops they want you to jump through is getting silly now,Individual citizens can still own pistols, shotguns and huntng rifles, but the number of people qualifying is slowly being eroded.

The technique used to justify these draconian gun laws was simple:
Place the mother of a murdered schoolchild on the TV saying 'Banning guns will save childrens lives' or some similar simplistic phrase, and then say that anyone who wanted a gun was 'already suspect', and make them feel guilty by saying 'Is your hobby more important than the life of my child?'

Ultimately, however even the figures they provided showed that their argument was a load of rubbish, but by the time anyone had actually read them, they had slipped the law through while the tears and ink were still wet.

The year before the firearms ban was implemented in the UK the percentage of legal/illegal firearms used in crime looked something like this:
Percentage of guns used in crime that were NEVER owned legally in the UK - 96%
Percentage of guns used in crime that had at 'one time been legally owned' in the UK - 4%

('at one time been owned legally' - this includes guns owned legally BUT used in crime AND those stolen from their legal owners and THEN used in a crime (it does not even specify a VIOLENT crime, they could have been 'stopped for speeding' while they were carrying an illegal weapon it would appear on the stats right next to a school shooting)

So considering that the 4% also will include 'technical' infractions such as 'improper transportation' and 'improper storage' and is not all violent crime, the law could at best prevent less than 4% of crime involving firearms.And it showed that the new laws could NOT PREVENT 96% of firearms crimes.!

Of course, when the Police wanted more funds to equip SO19 and their various Tactical teams (SWAT equiv.) they shamelessly included things such as airguns/BB guns/replica guns/stun guns/toy guns/potato guns/CS gas use in the 'Fiream Crime' stats in order to push up the figures to show 'there was a problem' and get the budget increase they were after. Then they placed a £250,000.00 order with Heckler and Koch for several trucks worth of full auto H&K G36C's.
They justified this in a newspaper srticle (that I may scan and post for your amusement.- My estimation is that 40-50% of the statements in it are demonstrably false) The article is full of half truths and outright lies, with which they seek to justify the massive increase in 'weapons procurement' at a time when violent crime was actually GOING DOWN !

On the subject of which weapons I would include 'in my cache'
, I'd say I'm sticking with my old Barnett 'Commando' crossbow, I've had it for about 15 years, and apart from one dramatic failure (the bow shattered- my fault) it hasn't let me down yet, and for the poundage thrown, it's easy to cock.Also when tested against soft body armor wrapped around a sandbag the results were impressive (i.e. TOTAL failure of the kevlar)
It;s quite legal to own 'pointy knives', provided you don't walk around the city with one in your hand, any reasonable reason for owning one such as 'work' or 'campcraft' would usually be sufficient to explain to al but the most bloody minded cop (unless they find your knife sticking out of someone)
and, as long as you don;t claim that a Fairbairn Sykes commando knife is used for 'stripping insulation off electrical wires at work' or for 'peeling fruit', any 'sensible' blade would be OK. (You could still legally own a F&S commando knife at your home or in a collection, though). I carry a Leatherman all day at work and I've never had any problems.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tilpah

Crossbows and bows(buy lots of bolts) are still available I advise you get now because it wont be long until an incident occures and the media panic which will cause nanny state to ban.These are about the only effective stand-off weapons avaliable in UK both are very uncovert.Some old pneumatic air rifles can be "refurbished"To be honest a spear and dutch courage will be more then most of the sheep posses.The most overlooked weapons are dogs,personally I recommend Akitas,they are extremely loyal,smart and have no fear of firearms.Dogs are overlooked in general,their senses are so acute its like having your own drone.You will never find a human as loyal as a dog,they will die for you without question or hesitation which is the exact reason they are" man's best friend".In Japan owners used to let their dogs free at night to guard their property.I have no doubt dogs would be the most important asset in any law free enviroment

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yeah U.K. gun laws are horrible, I thought NYC gun laws were bad, there nothing compared to the uk. Pistols and Rifles can not exceed .22 cal in size and semi auto firearms are not allowed.
Here in the United States Of America I can purchase an AK47 with no licence, registration, or permit at the age of 18. The United States gun laws are so loose that you can own a full auto 40mm machine gun(wich would be in my cache), but LOTS of paperwork is involved.
Here's an example of the FULLY LEGAL 40mm monster.

But back on topic, I'de probably disregard the UK weapon laws in a poop hits the fan situation so i'de smuggle in a Persain long sword, a Katana, a double edged dagger, a Japanese long bow, and a European long bow, if the poop were to really hit the fan.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tilpah

I'd probably keep a hunting knife (razor sharp) as a weapon...and take Karate lessons.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tilpah

Where firearms are legal, there should be a limit of one firearm per household on the condition no family member residing in the house has a criminal conviction.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I guess this would be out of the question then.
www.swivelmachine.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by tilpah

Where firearms are legal, there should be a limit of one firearm per household on the condition no family member residing in the house has a criminal conviction.

Why is that? I have more than a dozen guns in my house, and none have ever hurt anyone. Why should responsible people be weighed down with useless and uneccesary laws? People who want to do evil will do it,laws or not. Why should the rest of us have laws placed on us when we haven't sone anything wrong? Besides, a criminal only needs one gun anyway, how will restricting the number of firearms a person can own help at all?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm stunned at how far down the gun control, rabbit hole UK has allowed itself to fall. Clearly, gun control has now turned into knife & sword control. Soon bows and crossbows will be illegal. This line of thinking has failed yet, UK subjects choose to go even further down "the hole" because this time it will work!! Are eating utensils next?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
These threads bring out the paranoia in me... Seriously it is as if there is a calling out of all the info the PTB can use against people in SitX.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by tilpah

Where cars are legal, there should be a limit of one, very small car per household on the condition no family member residing in the house has a DUI conviction.

See what I did there?

Why the arbitrary limit on numbers? Because this is what you feel comfortable allowing in my house?. Keep in mind Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than any of my firearms have. Gun control only works on those who follow the law to begin with. In other words, only law abiders are going to follow the law; bad guys don't & won't. The people you are passing laws to control are the very same people who ignore laws in the first place! There are in excess of 20,000 gun control laws already on the books. Clearly, these aren't working. So, why is the knee-jerk reaction a call for more of the same?!

We don't need any new laws (see above; bad guys aren't going to follow the old, or new laws), we need swift, sure punishment. Something like a national 10/20/life model. That is, 10 years mandatory for using a gun in the commission of a crime, 20 years mandatory for discharging a weapon during the commission of a crime and life if you actually hit someone (intentional, or not). These are minimums. Bad guys aren't going to follow the law but, this gives clear, no BS sentencing guidelines. When a bad guy does something (relatively) insignificant like flash a handgun during a robbery (doesn't even have to pull it, just show it) - thats 10 years, minimum. It works here in Florida obliquely; bad guys still do bad things with guns but, when caught, they go away hard. Taking violent criminals off the street for long stretches reduces crime fractionally each time it occurs.

I'm not attacking you personally. I am trying to expose the flawed logic of so-called "gun control".
edit on 25-6-2012 by SlightlyAbovePar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I'd like to see you actually sharpen that replica sword......

I have a genuine Samurai sword brought back from Japan after WW2 that is still razor sharp

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xxclaro

What real need do you have for a dozen guns?

I'm not saying a man or woman should'nt have one (unless they have a criminal conviction that involved firearm/s), I'm saying why have a need for more than one? Some types of firearms should'nt even be sold on the free market.
edit on 26-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It could be sharpened suitably enough to be useful, even as it is now it is heavy enough to do some harm if swung hard enough.

Thing is, I would much rather use my fists, feet or head than a weapon, especially a firearm, that being said, if my life, or family/friends life depended upon it, I would if I had access to them.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by xxclaro

What real need do you have for a dozen guns?

I'm not saying a man or woman should'nt have one (unless they have a criminal conviction that involved firearm/s), I'm saying why have a need for more than one? Some types of firearms should'nt even be sold on the free market.
edit on 26-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

I don't need a dozen guns, but need is not the issue here. I could do as much damage with one gun as with all of them,so what purpose in limiting it to one? Why do we need cars that will exceed the speed limit? Why do we need sports that can result in physical injury/Why do we need alcohol? Quite simply,we don't, but as free(sorta) humans, these are choices we can make for our own personal enjoyment,so long as we don't harm others in the use thereof. Restricitng that is just another useless restriction of our freedoms.
As for the guns I have, they do have different uses. I have a couple .22 rifles, for me and the wife to shoot gophers and small game,as well as cheap target pracice.

I have two 12 guage shotguns, one long barreled semi-auto that I use for trap/skeet shooting as well as upland and migratory bird hunting.The other is a short barreled lightweight pumpgun that I use as bear defence when bowhunting. It gets carried a lot and shot very little,so short and light is very handy. It would also serve well in home defense situations.

Then I have my "utility rifle",a Remington 700 SS in .270 Winchester.It is my standard hunting rifle when I am pursuing various game animals under varying conditions. It is suitable for everything from coyotes to moose,depending on the bullets used,and has a fairly flat trajectory that makes it well suited to shooting at longer ranges. I carry it when I have various tags in my pocket and don't know what game or what conditions I will encounter. It is my general purpose rifle,not a specialized rifle.

Then, on to my specialized rifles. I have a set of 4 Winchester Model 94BB lever action rifles, in calibers .307 Winchester,.356 Winchester,.375 Winchester and .444 Marlin. These are short,handy rifles that work exeptionally well at close ranges where shots come quickly and are gone jsut as quickly. They are much faster to shoulder,aim and fire than the longer and heavier .270. I don't really need all 4, but they are quite a rare set, and I was lucky to aquire all 4 over a period of about 10 years. The .307 is an excellent deer rifle,coming close to a .308,but in a shorter, lighter and better handling package. The .356 steps it up a notch,being well suited to elk,bear and moose under these same conditions. The .375 is kind of unique, in that it carries a peep sight instead of scope. It has a shorter range,as it throws a heavy bullet at lower speeds. It is an effective round when you need to deliver a hard hit at close range. It could also be loaded with blackpowder should the need arise,being a straight wall cartridge, albeit with diminished power. It works well with cast lead bullets that I can cast myself from wheel weights,which is convenient and cheap. Most modern rounds don't do well with cast lead,as speeds are too high and you get poor accuracy plus a leaded barrel. The .444 is a straight wall jackhammer of a round with the right ammo. It was the gun I carried when in bear country before I got the short 12 guage. It throws a heavy,large diameter buller and hits with authority,making it a great bear,elk and moose gun out to about 150 yards or more,if your good.
Then I have a Savage 99F in .308 Winchester. I traded for it because it is a really neat rifle,quite old but with features that where well ahead of it's time. I wanted it simply because it's a very neat piece of engineering,and quite unique. I shoot it rarely,and it still wears factory iron sights. I'll probably take adeer or two with it yet,simply for the nostaglia.It is also a lever action(yeah, I like leverguns!).
Then, I have a Ruger m77 Hawkeye Alaskan in .375 Ruger. It is a short barreled,rubberized stock stainless steel litlle thumper. It is quite capable of t aking any animal on earth, including the largest African game. I hope to hunt Africa one day, but even if I don't, it is still an excellent choice for moose and grizzly, particularily in harsh climates. The leverguns I have are quite pretty,and I don't like beating the m up. This gun I could paddle a canoe with,drag through the mud and rain drop it one the rocks etc, and it will still function and I won't worry too much about the dings.It is also quite versatile, shooting anything from 225 to 300 grain bullets of various toughness,making it suitable for anything from deer to elephant.How can you not like that?
I also have a .45 1911 and a Norinco 9mm that looks kinda like a T33. For what?Fun,home defense,SHTF,who knows.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Even with all the gun control here in the UK it is still pretty easy to get your hands on a shooter.

Can get a sawn off for like 120 notes, and a 6 shot pistol for around 180.

Its not that hard.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join