It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gun Prohibition. What would be in your weapons cache?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here in the UK, the powers that be got pretty uptight when the pheasants started revolting in Russia at the end of WW1 and realised many of the returning heroes had trophy weapons under their beds. They reacted by bringing in gun control which started with the thin end of a wedge that now makes it almost impossible to legally own a gun without proving you have good reason and even then, hand guns are a no no and voicing the concept of using a gun for self defence is almost enough to get you landed in jail for conspiracy to murder and will bar you from ever being able to hold a firearms licence.

I'm pretty interested in getting some sort of society together to try and change these laws, but that's a pipe dream.

So given the constraints and assuming a WROL situation is going to happen sometime soon, what would you guys put in your cache if a rifle, shotgun or pistol wasn't an option?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Can you still own Bows and arrows or crossbows? If you can that and Camouflage should get you some nice toys should the poo smack into the fan.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
They can’t even own pointy knives for god sakes.
If you get caught out in public carrying a knife with a blade over 3 inches long, you go to jail!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tilpah

Pheasants started revolting ?? Damn birds always causing trouble when they should be on a plate.

I know being pedantic but hey had too much to drink already. Enjoy your Christmas take care

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I figured you could still have them for hunting, and would be easier to acquire at this point than fire arms. You can also make them yourself, there should still be enough people there that still remember how to make them.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

It's not that hard to get a shotgun license at all, you just have to prove that you use it to go clay pigeon shooting or such.

You can get crossbows yes.
edit on 24-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sorry about that typo, I meant peasants, but I must have been thinking about theplump pheasant that mocks my unarmed status from the field next door, I've a snare in store for him!

We can still buy Air weapons, crossbows and bows and you can buy knives but not carry them, it's ridiculous.

Of course if I was to be going to bury weapons anyway, I could try and buy them from criminals, they still have plenty of weapons
But it's pretty dangerous meeting an armed criminal with a bag of cash!

I guess I could convert an air rifle to shoot .22 LR, it's a simple drilling operation and adding a ball bearing as a firing pin.
@Davespanners, I wouldn't be able to make a shotgun disappear to my cache on a shotgun certificate, they have to be kept in a locked cabinet at home.
edit on 24-12-2010 by tilpah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Converting a air rifle to fire "real" ammo sounds really dangerous. When you're dealing with traditional ammo, you're dealing with extremely high amounts of energy. I'm not sure if I'd trust a air rifle of any type to deal with the 30,000+ psi forces that you'd encounter after converting it. Even if it fires a few times fine I imagine it can form hairline cracks that you can't see and it may eventually end up blowing up in your face.

I'm a big fan of the AR15 platform so if I were to go with something legal in the UK, it would be the TAC 15, a "tactical assault crossbow"...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tilpah

I've heard modifying starter pistols is the thing to do... Aside from that since your country is effectly de-clawed a good bow the most agressive hunting tip arrows you can get, cammoflage, good boots and make a ghille suit. You said your going to build a snare to catch the pheasant so I'm guessing you probably know your way around the woods. If you do that knowledge plus the mentioned equipment should you net you some nice weapons once stupid criminals start working your area.

By arrows I mean somthing along these lines nativeoutdoors.stores.yahoo.net...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Since you live in a country where you are a subject and not a citizen,

I would suggest a stick a brick and some Wasp spray.

The wasp spray will spray about 10 meters and requires going to the hospital for clean up, sure to stop just about anyone with a good 3-5 second blast right in the face. Respiratory problems ahoy!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tilpah

Being honest here, the bonfire boyes and gals around here have fun with the black stuff... a fair few hundred bits of public technology have been blown up in recent years..

So I'll be where they are
since if anything hits the fan they have the skills and ability to make the things that use black powder and go bang..

Besides I prefer community spirit to the loner approach....
edit on 24/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That airgun conversion works pretty well on a well engineered Weihrauch HW series rifle.

The police just banned a certain type of starter pistol that people were converting to live fire. We can but "deactivated" guns that have their barrels welded up, frames cut and cylinders cut away, with a lot of work or parts from the US they can be made to live fire again. But then you need to find the ammo and that means making your own!

That Crossbow looks a really nice piece of kit, I'm going to put that on my wish list.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
just cos the CRAZY gun law's came into force
does not mean people don't still shoot
illegally.
And the shotgun licence is still JUST obtainable (for how long?!)
I for one prefer a 12 bore and & .22 rim fire rifle
and choose to shoot them both.
Ammo is also a factor to consider too,can you get hold of any?ETC

But for those who insist on the legality go for a
good Air Rifle I suggest .22 and heavy pellets.
remember the legal limit is 12LBS FT per square inch.

IF you have the fire arms licence or you just have to have
more power go for a weihrauch HW95 you can get this baby
up to 46 ft LBS! that is some power.

though the weihrauch HW 100 is a very nice gas/air pump
rifle. expensive but worth it. again legal but early models could be turned up.

Or how about a nice compound bow or crossman cross bow?
Black Widow Catapult? all can be lethal.

what do you wish to use said weapon's for?
I am all for hunting to eat as I don't need to be
killing any one (I HOPE).and if it come's to that it will be
in self defence and I will use my body as a weapon.

AS always with any weapon be responsible. such as GUNS learn good safety
always treat them as if loaded unless you have personally checked the weapon.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If you haven`t got a bow I would buy one now before they ban those. You cant even buy the ornamental samurai swords now, they have been banned, nobody can sell them. You could look at air powered nail guns, could be useful at close range, if you could use a small tank like a divers pony bottle to power it, it would be portable then. If you search on youtube you can find a lot of clips of homemade air powered guns which fire virtually anything you load them with. Obviously I am only suggesting these things for emergency situations. Like some others have said a crossbow and camo would be best for hunting in times of need. The bottom line is if you do enough research you can make anything, the advantage in the uk is that if there was a major meltdown the people who have built the homemade stuff will have an advantage defending themselves as most people wont have a clue. In america everyone has firearms so that would make for an even paying field and I am sure it would turn into the wild west.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Why not the shotgun? Birdshot works well for defense at close range and for longer ranges you may be able to use the poor mans slug, especially with paper cartridges, should buckshot or slugs not be available to you. [poor mans slug: razor cut the cartridge circumferentially at the wadding leaving only small strands holding it together. When fired, the shot is contained in the top of the cartridge and the entire mass flies downrange. The stability is not the greatest but the effect is that of a Glaser safety round as all energy is transferred by the shot on impact. Use an improved cyinder barrel if a slug barrel is not available. Be sure to test fire it from a stand the first time. Get a shotgun capable of handling magnum shells and only used regular field or target shells]

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
why would you want a gun? if you get caught with it youre in $hit. if you use it youre in $hit.
unless you hang around with lowlifes, its very unlikely you'll ever see a gun in the uk.
guns are made to kill people, hence strict gun laws are good.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
While firearms are currently hard to beat, you have other options.

As others have said, a bow can provide you with the ability to "reach."

If you had a hobby in "collector weapons," then you could obtain spear points and butt caps, and the length is determined by the pole, which is your choice. Note that several spear points and butt caps are available, and very inexpensive.

Other pole arms are highly effective for self defense, especially when one is defending a prepared fixed position such as a home. Nothing fancy, but a pole arm, basically a big, long knife on the end of a pole is most effective.

A lawnmower blade modified on one end to enable a handle is deadly up close.

A door or entry can be defended by one against many, IF - IF one causes the outsiders to crawl to gain entry.

Block off the windows and entrances, but leave a means of ingress whereby they have to crawl in on hands and knees to enter. A head comes through, and that lawnmower blade alone will stop up the entry very nicely.

Planning.

Think about what you have to work with, and then channel your foes to provide you with the advantage. They approach like you want them to approach, and in the manner you can defend.

Google "Museum Replicas" and look at the weapons available that are modern, but were battle tested and battle proven.

A simple US machete is a tool. But one hell of a weapon as well.

One other "tool" that has more uses than one would believe is the tomahawk. Google "Vietnam Tomahawk" and if you'll look around, you'll find several. In this case, simple is best, and the one with the wood handle means it's easily replaceable, whereas you break the handle of a composite and you may be SOL.

Good to be thinking of this now. But if firearms aren't possible, find the battle proven weapons that will enable you to GET a firearm from those who would come to you.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
DISARMING the masses had always been a wet dream for tyrants, for they know that if the masses were armed, they would rebell against the very laws tyrants would want to impose upon their subjects for CONTROL.

For centuries, tyrants had succeeded in ancient civilisations. They armed their warriors, and then use the warriors to execute even their own fathers or brothers who own weapons. But the spirit of mankind is indomitable. In Feudal Japan, only the samurais and their fief lords own weapons, and with it instead of protecting its citizens, very often they venge their petty anger upon the masses.

The masses got pissed off, and thus martial arts was discovered for their protection and self defense. In China, such artforms when combined with rebels who own swords toppled many a tyrant dynasty throughout history.

Nothing beats the stopping power of a gun, of course, but with the right techniques and stealth, one can beat even thousands armed men, the more the merrier. For example:-

1. Single armed man.

Give him what he wants slowly, while faking distress, move in close, elbow his throat or solar plexus. It will stun him and it is those precious seconds that you will need to disarm him or get away. Scientifically, a human needs 3 seconds to aim, anything less than that and that bullet will miss. 3 seconds is all you need to save your life.

2.Armed Team.

Distract them and make your getaway into enclosed places. Within enclosed places, they will be limited to one person at a time to attack you, lowering the odds in your favour. Delay them as long as possible, take over their uniforms and mingle with them, and within that confusion you make your getaway.

3. Suicide Bomber

No amount of bullets fired upon him is gonna stop him from pressing the switch. It's the fallout from the bomb that you need to stop.

Never run away from a suicide bomber. Rather, close up the distance quickly and pin him to the ground. Your body and his will absorb the fallout or sharpnels from flying out in mult-directions harming others. A typical suicide bomber carries no powerful nuke.

It will be a damping effect and at worse, the damage done is a hole in the ground and glass panels fall from the blast waves... and your life. We humans will have to die one day anyway, sooner or later. We came into this world with nothing and will leave with nothing. But your selfless act will be remembered, and others whom care will in turn return that favour to those you cared about and whom loved you.

These are only some of the more well knowned techniques that one can learn from the army, literature or the media freely.

Ultimately, the best weapon on Planet Earth is not some nifty new hi tech gun. It is you, and how you use your brains that will keep you safe. It's your mind and will.

The best form of violence is when no violence is used to acheive an aim that is suppose to benefit the others. For when you use no violence and the other side start using violence upon innocence as the only option, they lose. The masses are many while tyrants and the minions are only a few. Even if just hands were raised againts them, they would be beaten to pulp, no guns needed.

edit on 24-12-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tilpah
Here in the UK, the powers that be got pretty uptight when the pheasants started revolting in Russia at the end of WW1 and realised many of the returning heroes had trophy weapons under their beds. They reacted by bringing in gun control which started with the thin end of a wedge that now makes it almost impossible to legally own a gun without proving you have good reason and even then, hand guns are a no no and voicing the concept of using a gun for self defence is almost enough to get you landed in jail for conspiracy to murder and will bar you from ever being able to hold a firearms licence.

I'm pretty interested in getting some sort of society together to try and change these laws, but that's a pipe dream.

So given the constraints and assuming a WROL situation is going to happen sometime soon, what would you guys put in your cache if a rifle, shotgun or pistol wasn't an option?

It's not quite a pipe dream if you google 'arm britain' you'll find one there that's campaigning.

Also the Libertarian Party UK are pro-gun along with the BNP and, to a certain extent, UKIP.

Here's the deal:

Peoples all around the world since time immemorial had armed themselves for self-defence and the protection of others.

Common Law:

Do not Murder
Do not Injure
Do not Steal

Gun Rights setting out the inalienable right to keep arms.

United Kingdom - Bill of Rights 1689:

Freedom to have arms for defense.

Definition of 'Keep' & 'Have':

"keep" are "to retain; not to lose," "to have in custody," "to preserve; not to let go."

Statutory Law:

Laws which a government passes to restrict the rights of citizen and subject alike.
But Common Law is senior in both status and precedent to Statutory Law...

Since after World War 1 the march to disarm and slowly enslave began:

Firearms Act of 1920 - Which made it illegal to possess these weapons without first obtaining a certificate from the police and registering each individual firearm.

The Firearms Acts 1936/7 placed additional controls on fully-automatic firearms, effectively restricting them to the armed forces and police. The Criminal Justice Act 1967 was passed which introduced Shotgun Certificates.

1953 - The Prevention of Crime Act 1953 prohibited the carrying of an offensive weapon without lawful authority or reasonable excuse.
A major and true right of a citizen or subject was dismantled at this point.

The Firearms Act 1968 introduced the concept of compulsory security for rifles and pistols and incorporated the Shotgun Certificate first outlined in the Criminal Justice Act 1967.

1987 - Following the strange events of the Hungerford Killings comes a test for gun owning community.
Center-fire Rifles that have semi-automatic capability are under threat from a conservative government, recently re-elected.
The response from the organised shooting community is muted. The official response from the spineless NRA UK is -
'We have no requirement for these weapons!'
So the government passes the Firearms Act 1988.
Without a breath of protest vast swathes of semi-auto rifles are seized, destroyed and eliminated from private citizens hands!
Any possibility of a citizens defence force or organisation is eliminated. Handguns are left alone, despite Ryan using one to kill as well as the assault rifle he had.

Not for long though...

1996 - An even more questionable and shocking event takes place in Dunblaine, Scotland entailing the killing of many school children.
Thomas Hamilton, a rogue freemason and pederast/paedophile, is the killer who is found dead at the scene with several handguns.
The Cullen Enquiry seals the truth of what really happened that day.
Following the killing of the innocents a media onslaught against innocent gun-owners a feeble and desperate conservative government (AGAIN!) treacherously enacts Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997, which effectively banned all but .22 pistols
This effectively banned the private possession of all modern pistols, even for competitive sporting purposes save .22 pistols.
Even 'antique' revolvers of 100 years old or more were affected by this draconian move as the police considered anything in 'available calibre' to be covered. Even Britains legendary Webley .455 fell under this despicable act.
Gun Clubs now are expected to vet and establish probabationary measures against ALL newcomers, essentially policing citizens wanting to own section 1 firearms. Additionally many gun clubs have to close due to the pistol prohibition.
To actually become a full gun-club member you now have to 'conform' to extra 'rules, regulations and policy' of a Home Office Approved Gun Club!
Failing to 'tow the line', meet strict criteria (which varys) leads to a downturn in gun-owners.
Despite the slavish attempts from the government to placate the snowdrop campaign the conservatives still manage to lose the 1997 election and New Labour are elected. All that disarming for nothing as it turned out.

But wait, look what comes next...

Any chance of gun rights being restored by a so-called 'peoples party' are soon torpedoed.
Tony Blair (war criminal) enacts the Firearms (Amendment) (No.2) Act 1997. This now means even the .22 pistols that were excluded by the Tory gun prohibitions are now banned as well.

(Watch Video for More info)

What would be in my Catche:

Battle Rifle (SLR L1A1)
Browning Hi-Power
Benelli M1 Super 90 (already legally owned)

edit on 24-12-2010 by WatchRider because: addition

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

we don't all hang with "low life" as you put it and
some of us have the luxury of living in the countryside
amongst like minded shooters so as long as one of us
hold's a licence and has the land to shoot on were fine.

it's this thing called hunting have you heard of it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join