It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Spirits of Universe speaking to us through Artists and Musicians ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I am a musician/poet/songwriter and I believe that much of my inspiration and expressions are coming to me and through me from a higher source other than just my own intellectual mind, my personal experiences and my personal opinions. Most of the art I have created seemed to come to me in a flash of inspiration and kinda just flowed out of me like I wasn't really the one creating it.

I see and hear these same types of messages coming from other artists in all genres and from all different backgrounds, age groups, periods throughout history, different religions and they all seems to have a common theme and purpose.

Is this just the common experience of the Human condition or is it more? Is it supernatural, spiritual forces at work or perhaps even aliens using us to get their message across?

What are your thoughts, opinions and personal experiences of this phenomenon ?

Here is a quote that expresses the same concept i'm speaking of

" I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled poets to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean."

Socrates

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I think it is entirely possible. That's what the lead singer from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers says, among others. He says everything he does is channeled from a divine source which transmits it's messages through him.

Great musicians...no... Great people are always out there like that though.

As long as your not hurting anyone or spreading negativity, embrace it.

Edit: I hope we can get some more people o chime in. This could make for a good conversation.
One more thing... NEVER STOP PLAYING!!!!

edit on 24-12-2010 by SlyFox_79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
NAh this is crazy talk man, you must have dipped into some of that pot stuff the kids are smoking, should definitely cut that stuff out it's illegal and dangerous. It's a travesty you've destroyed your mind with such substances dude.

edit: alright but 4real clearly you're "turned-on" and "tuning-in" as Leary would say. Welcome to the neurosomatic circuit my friend, it is a beautiful realm to live in on this earth. The higher circuits are strange and cosmic and alien, the lower circuits are domesticated and bland. In the neurosomatic realm everything you do is God within You, even the most staunch atheist when turned onto the neurosomatic circuit will realize his actions and creations and manifestations and everything is the work of unseen cosmic and spiritual forces. You are Me, I am You, I am He, and You are Too. We're all God, brother. Everything is. When you spank your girlfriends butt and do her in the back you are doing it to God, and he might even like it.

As an artists/writer/musician my advice to you is this: don't settle for safety or a 9-5 job, never give in to the lower circuits. Stay crazy, stay wild, stay spontaneous, stay spiritual, stay cosmic my friend. You will find success in the art field of your choice if you get out of time and let the cosmos take hold of you, don't force it. Why do you think the most creative people are drug/alcohol users? It helps them let stuff flow, so let it all flow man.

Oh, and whatever it is that you've done in the last month that created this brian-shift for you, keep doing it lest you slip back into domesticated shirt-collar life. For me it was pot, surfing, and an abundance of money. Having all 3 of these at the same time literally rocketed me into the 6th circuited. I hope you can identify what did it for you so you never have to let go of this incredible feeling of being in touch with all that Is.
edit on 24-12-2010 by wildshoetwt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

Thank you for your positive contributions to the development of this thread and the World.

I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers and I am inspired by their music and you.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wildshoetwt

LOL, I absolutely agree with everything you said. It actually has been about 14 years since my first becoming aware of this mentality. I also know what you mean about slipping back into the old ways of living a common or so called "normal" life.

What keeps the dream alive for me is sound and listening for the words of the divine spirits of the Universe.
You are clearly one of those voices. Thank you

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I am not an artist. I am not inspired to do something creative like painting, writing poetry or songs or making music but I know exactly what you are talking about. It was about time that someone like you came forward with this topic.

This may sound very weird now but I would like to read some of your song lyrics and ask you some questions about it afterwards. If you do not want to share them here publically I will understand. But it could bring my research concerning music to an end and it may help you further with answering your own questions.

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm a musician/poet myself and I can definitely relate to what you're saying. It happens to me on almost a daily basis, especially when I'm about to make a big decision about something.

For example, I wrote a poem that is describing this VERY specific family situation, yet I had no reason whatsoever to write it. It's not about me or my experience with family, but it is oddly touching. So yeah, I know what you mean and I think that many of us writers and artists are in touch with the unconscious id part of the human psyche, symbolized as the Holy Spirit.

To put it simply, God is speaking through us because we are listening to God.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think you are feeling something, but you are looking the wrong way.

look instead inside your deeper self. Acknowledge your silent partner.

Say hello to you lil' friend, your soul.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I strongly believe Bring Me The Horizon's new Cd is something to look at. Its entitled "There is a hell, believe me I've seen it. There is a Heaven, lets keep it a secret". Here are some of the lyrics to the song Visions.

This is a call to arms, so grab your guns and get your horses. Only the dead have seen the end of this fight. This is a call to arms, so all you fallen soldiers sing with me: death or glory. So march with me if you believe there's any hope for us. I've been hiding in these trenches for far too long. All is fair in love and war, so they tell me. All is fair in love and war, so they say. Come on, come on, there has to be a better way. Get up, get up, let's leave this mess. I know a place that we can get away from all of this. Come on come on, get up get up. I've been dreaming of us leaving everything and everyone we've ever known. I've been thinking all these visions must be a sign, so hold on and don't let go. No, we can't leave till you tell me everything. So come clean, don't talk in tongues. Talk in tongues. It's time to bring out your dead. And the skeletons that you've been hiding. Tell me everything I need to know. Bring out your dead. [2x] So march with me if you believe there's any hope for us. I've been hiding in these trenches for far too long. All is fair in love and war, so they tell me. All is fair in love and war, so they say. Come on come on, get up get up. I know a place that we can get away from all of this. Yeah. [2x] I couldn't see a thing till I shut my eyes. I never knew a thing till I lost my mind. I would sell my soul to know it all, but I held the keys all this time. [2x] I've been dreaming of us leaving everything and everyone we've ever known. I've been thinking all these visions must be a sign, so hold on and don't let go. Bring out your dead. [3x]

They also have songs like... Alligator Blood. The Fox And The Wolf. Here are the lyrics to that one...

You said you can't get to heaven unless you get high But there's no word of hell on the way back down You said it's now or never, You only live once Would you be so quick to walk over to my grave? You said you'll never be younger than you are tonight Now I've never felt weaker in all my life You said it's only a one off, only a line But now it's a circle, all of the time Well, it's a one man cult and he's serving his line It's a "Lust For Life" but it's a lifeless wine He kissed her hand and then he found out her name, It's Death and now he can't seem to wake You can't run with the foxes and yet hunt with the wolf Are you addicted? Tell me the truth I think I'm losing my mind They say the poison's in the dosage and they must be right Left with panic attacks and death riding our backs It all looks so much worse on the way back down I'm so #ed up since I hit the ground Revive me

One of the things i noticed was that some of the bands i follow, including BMTH, Chiodos, Underoath, Stone Sour and a few more, came out with a similar theme.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Good thread S&F

I am a semi pro musician and calling me a mediocre guitar player is being complementary, that is why I'm usually found thumping along on the bass, playin harp or sax. Sometimes my mates get drunk and in a moment of weakness let me play 6stg. Usually I suck but there are times when something takes hold of my spirit and someone or something plays that Strat for me with my fingers; Licks, phrases, chord progressions that I never even dreamed of, flow out effortlessly and everyone in the band and in the bar can feel it.

When those rare moments happen to me I feel a calmness and love that words can't describe. That's the reason
why I play as often and as long as I can; hoping that I can experience that grace and peace that all men should feel, all the time!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deckard666

Yes i agree that this is not just something that artists experience. I applies to all us of who are inspired with a passion or a calling to improve ourselves and the world around us.

It could apply to many hobbies and occupations. Such as teaching, preaching, politics, environmental preservation, charity work and a large number of and in fact probably almost all the important work that is being done by our fellow human beings.

I focused on art and music because that is what I personally relate to the most and also it is Artists who most often try to convey these messages to as many people as they can.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Thank you for your contributions to this post and the positive messages of encouragement you bring to the world.
I wish you good luck in your endeavors and hope you are successful in achieving the goals you set for yourself.
I would enjoy listening to your art and music if it is available or when you are prepared to share it with us.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

I agree with half your statement only because i believe the other half has not yet been stated. It absolutely is correct that I could not have come to the opinions I have without first looking inside myself and searching my own heart and soul. But for me it doesn't and didn't stop there. Because when you reach even deeper in both directions, inward and outward you begin to introduce your own soul to the collective soul of the universe and they introduce themselves to you. Thanks for the contributions you are making and keep up the good work.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I believe that when you try to contribute something to the world, and express yourself and your inner thoughts, that is the most pure you can possibly be.

While I spend mere moments deciding what I will say to a person in conversation, I spend hours condensing a one sided conversation. Once I start to write, it seems to take on a life of its own. Sometimes I know what I am about to write, sometimes not. I have been writing poetry and lyrics since I was ten years old, though it wasn't extraordinary then, I did have it published at the age of eleven.

I can't honestly say that my inspiration has been divine whatsoever, except that it always seems to tell me more about myself than the world. When I find myself describing something larger than myself, it seems to shrink a complex idea down to something more malleable and tangible.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Many musucians have stated that they were the conduit for the song.it came from another source,Theres plenty of quotes about this.There is a lot of stories that imply we can tap into something more than us,or maybe the whole of us? That collective conscious
you should watch this. Its a talk given by the author of Eat ,pray, love.A book which was made into a hollywood movie starring Julia Roberts,But dont let that turn you off,lol

The author starts to talk about inspiration,and describes ideas coming into her head like they are entities! These ideas or entities are flying around waiting to manifest themselves through someone,you just have to tap into them.Its interesting because she says it like shes just figured out a system and is trying to teach people,

google ted talks,elizabeth gilberth. You have to skip ahead to about 15 minutes but its fascinating and you might find it insightful as an artist,
peace

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Deckard666

I will gladly share the lyrics of some of the songs i have written. This song is entitled " I want to tell you"

I want to tell you how much I love you - And I promise I'll do all I can
I want you to know that I'll always be there - I'll be there till the end

Oh how I wish I could show you - and prove to you that I understand
I always will stay by your side my darling - and I'll be there as your best friend

My love i wish I could hold you - and be with you as much as i can
When we're together I never want to leave - and I pray I get to see you again

Although this is just the begining - and there is so much that we must leave to chance
All of my life I have dreamed of your touch - and I've dreamed of a life with romance

I know that I feel this is true love - I want you and I need you so bad
I know that someday it will happen to us - and we'll be together forever at last

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wrote this when another ATS member asked me to put his message into words, I chose this format.

If you have a message, you should try many different avenues of approach to project it. Those that want to hear it will of their own accord.

Here's one of my interpretations :

The talking heads doth vehemently speak,
spitting rhetoric like acid on the topic of freedom.

From thier bully pulpit we are made weak,
soaking up the lies that weigh heavily on our hearts like venom.

With arms held high we outwardly question,
when all pathways traverse back to ourselves.

Those that serve us offer only the lesson,
that the truth is perverted once it leaves our souls.

Vote for the devil in return for false promise,
and watch your hope fade again this quadrennial.

When all votes are cast dissolving shrouds reaveal lawless,
vampires and demons after control incremental.

Draining the lifeblood of freedom not eternal,
waxing and waning under the weight of those evil.

"Forever," once bright now seems so infernal,
filled with anger, sorrow wand unholy upheaval.

In aeons past, we sought the answers externally,
only to watch the truth dissapate into the void.

The time has come to search for eternally,
resounding truths unabashed, nor paranoid.

Carry thine message to audiences vast,
that despite adversity thou shalt succeed.

In joyous harmony, with one voice avast,
and smite evil while planting love's seed.

Thine journey is long though not lonely,
for once you speaketh, the masses will listen.

Ultimate truths bellow foreboding and loudly,
and are the foundation of a future that glistens.

Hearken the voice, that of your heart,
without it thou art lacking a shepard.

To think is to be, proclaimed Descartes,
thou shall stand alone or die with the herd.

-sbctinfantry

edit on 2010/12/24 by sbctinfantry because: quoted it for separation

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I was the kid who went to the 10th grade career fair hoping to meet a poet I could relate to.

Our planet is sick, and it has less to do with the environment and more to do with ho we choose to collectively frame the world. Artists often tap into a more universal frame of reference, and when they do -- it's magic. I have woken from a deep sleep, rolled over, grabbed my guitar and a tape recorder and laid down a whole song -- from start to finish -- in one take. It's not coming from me, and I am amused when people claim it is. It's a friendly kind of amusement though, and I take it as the compliment it is, and move on. The best stuff I have ever written comes in a flash of inspiration. I've written good stuff that came much more slowly, and I appreciate it for what it is, but for me -- I am always looking to get home to THAT place.

Here's a lyric that came to me this way:

SHORT STORY IN THE FORM OF A SONG

[Slow Dirge]

(intro)

Well — there you go again

It must be something in your smi2le

I can’t make sense of it

You must have had a reason?

(Pre-Chorus)

Looking back I guess I should have known it all along

You never had the guts to take the blame when you were wrong

As time went by I should have seen the truth is I was blind

And now I know the reason is:

You never even tried to find one

(Chorus)

Black Starshine?

Go to your CENTER-THINGS!

If this is the land of the dead — she said (aside: and she did)

Let me FLOW so I can GET MY WINGS

TRAVELLER OUTIDE THE CIRCLE

Someone you recognized today?

And now the feelings gone?

(Refrain)

Well HERE IT IS

and here it is again — in the form of a song

(Verse)

Standing by your window staring out into the sky

Helicopters — flying saucers — coming here tonight

Do you remember the future?

Do you know just what you are?

You know I don’t believe it

Do you remember yesterday?

And now the feelings come and gone again

(Pre-Chorus)

Looking back I guess I should have known it all along

You never had the guts to take the blame when YOU WERE WRONG

As time went by I should have seen the truth is I was blind

And now I know the reason is:

You never even tried to find one

(Chorus)

Black Starshine?

Go to your CENTER-THINGS!

If this is the land of the dead — she said (aside: and she did)

Let me FLOW so I can GET MY WINGS

TRAVELLER OUTIDE THE CIRCLE

Someone you recognized today?

And now the feelings gone

(Refrain)

Well HERE IT IS

and here it is again — in the form of a song

[Triumphant To The Fade]

edit on 24-12-2010 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2010 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
I have woken from a deep sleep, rolled over, grabbed my guitar and a tape recorder and laid down a whole song -- from start to finish -- in one take. It's not coming from me, and I am amused when people claim it is. It's a friendly kind of amusement though, and I take it as the compliment it is, and move on. The best stuff I have ever written comes in a flash of inspiration. I've written good stuff that came much more slowly, and I appreciate it for what it is, but for me -- I am always looking to get home to THAT place.

My wife still enjoys when I pick up a guitar and just start singing and playing about what's on my mind. Honestly, some of my most hilarious, saddest, and joyous songs have come from spontaneous urges to play. If I know I am being recorded it just doesn't seem to come out the same.

Her most fond memory is in early 2000 when I spontaneously picked up a guitar in front of a group of friends and stole her heart for good with "Shower Head : Ode to her best friend." The title literally came as fast as I typed it now, and as fast as I picked up the guitar and uttered those words while strumming the chords.
edit on 2010/12/24 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

That's the way it works. You know it, I know it, every artist knows it.

It's why I am not the least bit afraid of death, and why I don't need monuments, religions or dogma to get close to god.

Love your title by the way. Shades of Nigel Tuffnel! Just funny and brilliant!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join